El Gaucho - Bellevue
450 108th Avenue Northeast
City Center Plaza
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
El Gaucho - Bellevue
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elgaucho.com/
- Phone: 4254552715x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 1:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: Service beginning at 5:00pm
Happy Hour: Sunday: 5pm-close; Monday: 2pm to close; Tuesday – Friday: 2pm – 6pm; Saturday: 5pm – 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef John Broulette
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music 7 days a week.
- Special Events: Private dining at El Gaucho is a memorable occasion. Our beautiful and incomparable private rooms are available for lunch and dinner service Monday through Friday and dinner service on the weekends. We also provide buyouts of our entire restaurant. Please contact Whitney Twede at 425.455.2742 or email@example.com for information.
- Cross Street: Between NE 4th & NE 8th Streets
- Public Transit: Located next to the NE 6th Street Transit Center.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Take exit 13a from I-405 for NE 4th Street. Drive west on NE 4th toward downtown Bellevue. Turn right onto 108th Ave NE. Take first right into the driveway between the First Mutual Bank building and the China Trust Bank building. This will lead you between the two buildings through the courtyard up to the City Center Plaza building.
Self-parking in the garage is validated for up to 3 hours. Valet parking is available evenings for $7.
A word from El Gaucho - Bellevue
El Gaucho is the Northwest's steakhouse legacy focused on elegant old-school, tableside service for people celebrating their lives.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
El Gaucho - Bellevue - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
El Gaucho - Bellevue reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)romantic (97)fit for foodies (67)notable wine list (64)good for groups (48)great for lunch (31)neighborhood gem (20)great for brunch (19)late-night find (17)hot spot (14)great for outdoor dining (13)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Everyone had appetizers a few cocktails we brought our own wine and all thoroughly enjoyed our entees. I thought it high quality food and attentive service. Worth the $$$$ dinner bill. Especially for a special occasion. Will try to go there for happy hour and Sunday 5pm prime rib dinner !Special Features:
- Wish it was better...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014Darn it....I love the old school vibe and service but the food just doesn't match. The steaks weren't trimmed well...gristle, the lobster mashed potatoes were served just over room temp., the tartare was heavy on the anchovy and chopped in large chunks as if it was the trimmings from the steaks. This is likely the case, but a fine dice/ course grind is desirable and it shouldn't be a table side offering. Diners should be able to to add what they like to tartare. Our bananas foster?...I don't think the server showed the bananas to the pan. They weren't warm and there was no "show". That's the point of table side service, a little showmanship. We will try brunch.Special Features:
- El Guacho was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The service was supbrerb, the food was fantastic, I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulksuyeDined on 8/24/2014The service was wonderful! They were attentive, friendly, and very polite. As for the food, There was many choices for brunch including an omelette bar, Mac and cheese bar, and so much more. You must try their special garlicky potatoes-they were to die for. Great for a special occasion or date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabuloussusanDined on 8/20/2014El Gaucho is fabulous. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. My boyfriend and I were celebrating both our birthdays. We were presented with two birthday cards signed by the staff. Nice touch!Special Features:
- well doneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Everything about our visit was well done. Always makes my lunch meetings positive.Special Features:
- high end expensive dining placetheeaterDined on 8/19/2014Really expensive with good meet plates and a high end venue. The menu is not that complete and you should expect no more than grill. Prices are moderate during lunch time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STILLhappilymarriedDined on 8/17/2014As always our experiance was exquisite. When asked if we were celebrating something special we told them it was our anniversary. They gave me a red rose, several employees signed an anniversary card and we received a complimentary dessert. It's the little things that keeps us coming back. We are always made to feel special. I was surprised, but I was not impressed with the prime rib - it was overly fatty and not up to El Gaucho standards. I will order something different next time.Special Features:
- Great weeknight dinnerangnicholeDined on 8/12/2014We celebrated my mom's birthday dinner here. It was easy to get weeknight reservations and the staff was excellent. Everyone was very accommodating, even for my 5 month infant who joined us. Food was great and the food and beverages did not take too long to arrive once ordered. I prefer the Bellevue location much more than Seattle, as I prefer the more well-light atmosphere and our food was better quality than my experience at the Seattle location. Overall it was a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantoutforthenightDined on 8/12/2014We had not been to El Gaucho Bellevue before. A friend had gift certificates so away we went. Oh my how wonderful it was - the food was excellent, the service was fantastic. Everything was just perfect. Our waiter was outstanding with service, suggestions. Just cannot say enough about how wonderful it was. I hope to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch!BothellShopperVIPDined on 8/10/2014We had a great brunch, excellent food, great service. We had never been to the El Gaucho brunch before but will definitely be back.Special Features:
- TJoycetjfoodieDined on 8/3/2014Great new brunch spot in downtown Bellevue. The pork belly is amazing. The choose your own mac n cheese bar is unique. Overall great special occasion brunch at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El GauchoOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/2/2014It WONDERFUL as Always and it is just a Joy to go here. Service is perfection before your eyes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service!EricDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I were celebrating and mentioned it when making the reservation. They gave us a very nice, intimate table and sprinkled some rose petals on it to add a little romatic flair. All of the servers were very attentive and had great recommendations. We sprung for the Waygu New York steak, which was phenominal. It was well seasoned, seared perfectly, and melted in our mouths. Also, the tableside Caesar salad is a must-have for both the show and flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elllllll gaauchoooooMasterDennis1Dined on 7/31/2014Great place for a special occasion. It comes in good portions as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!CynthiaDined on 7/30/2014It was a brilliant time- thanks to our great server, Ryan !! Wonderful food, all prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014You are Welcome right when you walk in! They Said Happy Birthday to my friend "made her day" ! Then our Emanuel! HE WAS AMAZING! The whole night could not have been better! We go to El Goucho of each others birthdays and although it's not fun getting old.... It's just a great feeling to be treated like you are the Queen! :) thank you for making us feel special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableSandraVIPDined on 7/25/2014El Gaucho is top notch, all the way. The food is excellent (try the flaming brochettes). And the waitstaff have been trained specifically in the fine art of customer service, which is an art form lost to most restaurants these days. It was a throwback to a different era. I would return here just for the service! Keep it up, El Gaucho. - there are still people out there who appreciate what you deliver.Special Features:
- Excellent Food And ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/24/2014As always El Gaucho is a perfect restaurant to go to for a special occasion when one wants the best. Our server was excellent and made the evening enjoyable as she prepared the table side caesar salad. The French onion soup was wonderful and the main dishes and sides were perfectly cooked and presented. Thanks to all on the team who make dining at El Gaucho the best experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veg at a SteakhouseAbovetheNormVIPDined on 7/18/2014This was not our first time at El Gaucho, but it was my first time there as a Vegetarian with a steak-loving spouse. They do have a vegetarian menu, but I decided to go with sides instead. It was an awesome idea! The baked potato is fantastic as are the asparagus in a lemon beurre blanc. So meat-eater was happy with his steak and Veg eater was ecstatic with her potato & asparagus. When at a steak house, go with what they do best -- the steak or, if you're a Vegetarian (lacto/ovo, would be harder as a Vegan, obviously) go with the sides.Special Features:
- Constructive reviewPaleodivaDined on 7/17/2014I went to El Gaucho with my family to celebrate my birthday and the service was extraordinary. The waiter accommodated to our dietary needs, replace the bread for a plate of fresh fruit without additional cost, and treated us with free desert for my birthday. I would encourage the restaurant to make an effort to serve food portions commensurable to the price or to decrease the prices. The food is unfortunately overpriced. Quality of the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accept then enjoyFrequentDinerVIPDined on 7/15/2014As other reviewers pointed out dining at El Gaucho is associated with multiple dollar signs. Once you accept that the wallet will take a hit and move beyond that focus you could then thoroughly enjoy the dining experience of food, libations, service and ambience. We had the 4 course dinner; 3 hours flew by and would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible service all aroundSereiDined on 7/14/2014My girlfriend and I were celebrating our two year anniversary and I had mentioned that in my online reservation. When we arrived to the restaurant it seemed like the entire staff new. They congratulated us, put rose pedals on our table, and even made us a card and had the entire staff sign it all. I was blown away, as was my girlfriend. Please continue what you are doing at this location because it's amazing. Thank you for the great experience. On a side not, I hope that the food speaks for itself (it was also amazing).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robin's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/14/2014We celebrated my wife Robin's Birthday here and truly enjoyed the total evening from the piano player to the waiters and the wonderful foodSpecial Features:
- all the small touches....LadyLeeDined on 7/10/2014We had a lovely experience at El Gaucho. The service was impeccable and the food delicious, albeit pricey. It is truly a special occasion place.The best kept secret in town is their Happy Hour, however. Same fine caliber of food at eminently reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avg food, High Price, Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Went for a lunch with 6 people and it took over 2 hours to get out of there. Mostly due to slow service and the restaurant was not crowed.
- pretty dependable steak housebillybobDined on 7/8/2014Food is always good, but a bit heavy . Steaks a flaovorful and cooked properly. Service is always good. Prices are fairly high, so hard to say El Gaucho Bellevue provides great value.
- Another great dinnerMarried35Dined on 7/3/2014El Gaucho is a little pricey so we usually only go there for special occasions. Once again, it was worth it! Best Caesar salad ever, made for two at our table. Excellent chateaubriand for two, too. For an adult beverage, we get a regular Manhattan with Maker's Mark. (The house Manhattan is a bit sweet for us.) The service was friendly and attentive, but never intrusive. We never feel rushed there. Unfortunately, there were very few other diners that night, and with attention devoted to a couple of sports star types, the staff was stretched to attend to our desire to get the check and leave. Still, for so few diners, all features and functions of El Gaucho were there. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MadronaguyMadronaguyDined on 6/28/2014Table-side Caesar salad was excellent. Friendly & competent wait staff.Special Features:
- Good old time foodfoodie123Dined on 6/28/2014I do enjoy El Gaucho - it's a historical food spot = the food is very traditional - Caesar Salad and Steak. But there it's not fit for foodies. Nothing new. I don't think the menus have been changed in 20 years. The Bellevue El Gaucho is fresh looking and upscale but the food brings it down. The piano player is outstanding!! Drinks and listening to the piano player would be ideal. I have been to their happy hour on the patio (patio is great -quiet in the hustle) but the food isn't great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We went to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. The employees were all dressed up very nice but everyone in the restaurant was casual. The service was amazing. The food was great! Our waitress told me if I liked tequila I should try this drink that is their top seller. It was $15.00 for a mixed drink and tasted just like any other margarita at a local bar. Their drinks were nothing special and way over priced.Special Features:
- Fine Dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2014My wife and I did our 10 Year Wedding Anniversary which was simply wonderful! We both enjoyed everything we ordered with prompt service available and ready to take care of all of our needs. This is a place you will enjoy at any given time, not just special occasions! I can assure you that the food is to die for and the staff all enjoy catering to your needs. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Food was not that goodFoodie2VIPDined on 6/19/2014If you are looking for a nice steakhouse in Bellevue, I reccomend John Howie. I was quite disappointed with the food at El Guaco. My husband's steak was way overcooked (pretty much well done and he asked for medium raw!) and mine was way undercooked (it was raw and I asked for medium). The mashed potatoes had a funny aftertaste (maybe old?) and the salad was nothing special. The chocolate desert was ok, nothing special. The service was really good, but does not change the fact that their food was very mediocre.
- Outstanding through and throughDustisDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband and dad to El Gaucho for a great Father's Day knowing it would be a great treat. Boy was it ever. From the moment we pulled up, the valet was right there and very courteous. The hostess' were kind and sat us right away even though we were early. Then the waiter, Jason was phenomenal. He was informative, funny and new exactly when to come to the table and check on his guests. This was only the second time my husband and I had been here, far surpassed our first experience. The gentleman playing piano was wonderful. For my Dad's first time, this was a wonderful experience for him. The food was wonderful, the drink list extensive and the food and flavor, just divine. My husband and I will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Nice Father's day dinnerAlanDined on 6/14/2014Good service: warm and gracious Grand ambiance Outstanding Sommelier (knowledgeable and helpful, not condescending) Flexible with arrival time (we were late) Cocktails not that great ExpensiveSpecial Features:
- Overall it's goodKnluloDined on 6/13/2014It's good but not great. I love El Gaucho Seattle, it's the swanky gangster era feel but Bellevue is much more modern and bright. The steak is usually amazing, however this last visit it was very overdone. The wait staff is very attentive and the banana foster is to die for. It can get pretty loud inside as it is an open room consept but lights are down low enough to have a romantic vibe to it. Overall it's a good place for a nice steak but I do like the Seattle location much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and reliableBunnymDined on 6/13/2014El Gaucho is in a great area close to my office. The food and service are reliably good and the people are friendly. It's a perfect place to meet after work with friends or for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday celebrationAnonymousDined on 6/7/2014We celebrated my son's 30th birthdate at El Gaucho. He was very impressed with his drink (Manhattan) and the food (Caesar salad, mac and cheese and steak). Service was excellent. Great ambience and relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/6/2014Food was great as expected but the service was excellent. Our server, Scott, was attentive and very knowledgeable. His service and the restaurant's attention to my first visit to El Gaucho a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchEastsideDinerDined on 6/1/2014The wife made a birthday present of the Sunday brunch. We had been to the original EG when it was downtown, over 30 years ago. The Bellevue setting was certainly different. More modern. But the selection was very good, with something for everyone. The sides offered were also very good. The service from entry to our waiter was exceptional. The kitchen handled a special request from the wife easily. It is a little pricey but was enjoyable and very good for a special occasion.;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.