El Gaucho - Bellevue
450 108th Avenue Northeast
City Center Plaza
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
El Gaucho - Bellevue
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elgaucho.com/
- Phone: 4254552715x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 1:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: Service beginning at 5:00pm
Happy Hour: Sunday: 5pm-close; Monday: 2pm to close; Tuesday – Friday: 2pm – 6pm; Saturday: 5pm – 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef John Broulette
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music 7 days a week.
- Special Events: Private dining at El Gaucho is a memorable occasion. Our beautiful and incomparable private rooms are available for lunch and dinner service Monday through Friday and dinner service on the weekends. We also provide buyouts of our entire restaurant. Please contact Whitney Twede at 425.455.2742 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Cross Street: Between NE 4th & NE 8th Streets
- Public Transit: Located next to the NE 6th Street Transit Center.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Take exit 13a from I-405 for NE 4th Street. Drive west on NE 4th toward downtown Bellevue. Turn right onto 108th Ave NE. Take first right into the driveway between the First Mutual Bank building and the China Trust Bank building. This will lead you between the two buildings through the courtyard up to the City Center Plaza building.
Self-parking in the garage is validated for up to 3 hours. Valet parking is available evenings for $7.
A word from El Gaucho - Bellevue
Named as “the definitive steakhouse in the country,” El Gaucho’s award-winning menu features 28-Day Dry-Aged Niman Ranch All-Natural Certified Angus Beef® Brand Prime steaks and custom aged Certified Angus Beef® brand tenderloin filets, ribs, pork, poultry and the freshest seafood, all prepared to perfection over an open bed of glowing coals in an exhibition-style kitchen. Our extensive wine list is award-winning, and happy hour menu is widely recognized as one of Bellevue's best. Live music is offered nightly.Continued
El Gaucho is the Northwest’s steakhouse legacy focused on old-school, tableside service. We revel in helping guests create a night to remember.
El Gaucho is the Northwest’s steakhouse legacy focused on old-school, tableside service. We revel in helping guests create a night to remember.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
El Gaucho - Bellevue - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
El Gaucho - Bellevue reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)romantic (88)notable wine list (56)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (45)great for lunch (30)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (18)late-night find (15)great for brunch (15)great for outdoor dining (13)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- First Anniversary...HermestonDined on 10/18/2014Nice spot to celebrate, food was excellent - just a little slow on the service side. Not bad, just slow - be really for a 3 hour dinner. Loved the piano player, she was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Very nice open layout to dining area. Live piano was a nice touch, we were two tables away and it was not too loud. Steak was exceptional. Complimentary fruit, nut and cheese plate prior to desert was also a nice touch, however judging by the bill at the end I'm sure it was included somehow :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion treatBlueDiamondDined on 10/18/2014Love the food and service at this extra special establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulouspastadinnerDined on 10/18/2014From the beginning to the end, our dining experience was exceptional. Everyone at the restaurant was very friendly, attentive and accommodating. The food was outstanding. We are definitely planning on going back there and will also highly recommend El Gaucho to family and friends.Special Features:
- Came from ColoradoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014we came in from Colorado to see some friends and came to your restaurant because my 14 year old daughter found it . We and wonderful experience! My daughter and friend sat at their own table and we sat with friends and really enjoyed ourselves. Would recommend this place to everyone! Hope to be back again!!!Special Features:
- Not for meTCSAMDined on 10/11/2014A good steak, but not a great steak. For the price, I expected more.Special Features:
- The best Steak House in Bellevueluv2eatVIPDined on 10/11/2014I cannot speak highly enough of El Gaucho. We have been going there for years...first in Seattle and now in Bellevue (which is closer to home). We have gone to Ruth Chris and John Howie...they do not even deserve to wash El Gaucho's dishes. This restaurant is excellent in every way, but especially the service. We were made to feel comfortable and important from the moment we arrived by everyone. The food is truly the best in the Northwest. We eat out often, but when we want a steak there is nothing better than El Gaucho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They were amazing!songbirdDined on 10/4/2014We went with another couple to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. I didn’t tell them when I made the reservation that it was out anniversary so they were not aware. They sat us at a table in front of the piano player but it was a little hard to hear so we asked if we could be moved to another table. They were very accommodating and when they did move us the table had rose petals on it and a card signed by the staff that said Happy Anniversary. The services was great and the food was amazing, we were full and happy when we left and we will make this a tradition going forward. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great dining experience with incredible food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as usual - almost excellentMacGDined on 10/4/2014Service is great, but you can go 5-10 mins between contact with the server. Drinks keep flowing, but ordering dessert and getting the check took a bit longer than optimal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingCarolDined on 9/28/2014Had fabulous food and service, as always! This is so irritating that you have to write at least 50 characters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014The service was outstanding. The restraunt is beautiful, I loved the ambiance. Overall an excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 StarsNikkVIPDined on 9/25/2014Best of everything for a night out or dinner in Bellevue!!Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysbonappetitDined on 9/21/2014wish most restaurant service could be even half as good as this! live piano always appreciatedSpecial Features:
- Spectacular spectacular !!!HayingirlDined on 9/21/2014Everything we ate was superb. The steaks were excellent. We've eaten at other steak places (Daniels, Ruth Chris, Mortons) before but the meats at El Gaucho are obviously better in many ways. I rated good in the service only because our waiter was busy with a larger table. Before they arrived he was very attentive but I felt he just got busy and was not able to offer his full attention to us. I wished some of the patrons dressed up a little more especially for dinner. A few people were wearing Seahawks jersey since the game had finished. So I guess it's a casual dining experience?? But we absolutely loved our meal and can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLarryDined on 9/20/2014Had a wonderful dinner with the family at Bellevue El Gaucho. Excellent service by Jamal and good food and wine. We will return again.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food is excellent. The steaks are mouth watering and tender. The desserts are excellent. The servers are friendly, knowledgeable, and ensure you have a great experience. They don't just serve your food, they converse with you and make you feel at home there.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationAyeshaVIPDined on 9/18/2014The service was impeccable and the food was DELICIOUS! The steaks were prepared to perfection. It was my first time and we celebrated my birthday. I will definitely be telling everyone about our wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualityAtmanDined on 9/17/2014Food is always top shelf. Wait staff is high caliber and consistently delivers such service. If you want a sure-fire, quality experience, can't go wrong at El Gaucho.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong with this placelocalzDined on 9/16/2014Always consistent in their good quality food and service. For dinner, even provided a complementary tray of cheese and fruits to top off a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hunter brunch disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014For an upscale restaurant, hunters brunch was mediocre. Meats? Sirloin steak, pork belly, fried chicken strips, sausage gravey and undercooked bacon. Hard yolk eggs Benedict tarts - ate crust, left egg and yucky filler. Egg stratta ... Really?? Stratta is a bread filler egg dish, served when needing to stretch the budget. Dried up French toast, cold salads were dismal. Didn't partake of dessert table - mini tart, mini creme brûlée, mini strudel, mousse in cup ... Woohoo what a display! Best dishes... Biscuits and gravey and Mac and cheese. Local diner would have been better choice than this "hunters brunch". The birthday brunch was a total disappointment. Will stick with the other bountiful high quality brunches around Seattle.
- Long time favoriteScattergoodDined on 9/14/2014El Gaucho is not cheap. Let's get that out of the way. That said, you get what you pay for. Top notch service, perfectly cooked steaks, and now - a fantastic brunch option for Bellevue.Special Features:
- Amazing.MikeandBonnieDined on 9/13/2014Hands down the best dining experience I have ever had. Worth the price. It was like the waiter could read our minds. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 27th Wedding AnniversaryGTAMPastorVIPDined on 9/12/2014Celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary and they made us feel so special from the moment we crossed the threshold. Everyone acknowledged us and wished us a sincere happy anniversary. Ken our server was fantastic. The bananas foster that Larry made is one of the top 10 things I have ever tasted in my life! Great experience and perfect conclusion to a day long celebration with my bride of 27 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but very spendykurtDined on 9/10/2014Food was very good & service was excellent but get ready to spend $100/head minimum. I'm rather conservative so no food is worth that amount. Was a special occasion so one time only.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerCoriDined on 9/9/2014When I put into the OpenTable reservation system that it was our anniversary, with our names, they treated us like Royalty. Everything was very special. They know how to make you enjoy your evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding!SleagerDined on 9/7/2014First-time @ Bellevue El Gaucho (prefer over Seattle) and loved the open layout and slightly brighter interior (no need for a flashlight to read the menu). Eat quite regularly @ Daniels and Ruth's and found the food quality fresher and more flavorful. Staff friendly, efficient and managed to "disappear" when appropriate. Time will tell if future trips meet our expectation, but for round-one, could not be happier!Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014I was disappointed with the food quality at brunch time - just not what I expected from El Gaucho. Unless you go with the usual dinner choices or similar to dinner choices, the food just didn't taste right. Benedicts we sort of stale, the baked goods were blah, the waffles were burnt a bit too much and tasteless, etc. I am sure it was just an unlucky day, just because El Gaucho has a different standard, so I will try one more time, but it didn't look promising.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterLucky6Dined on 9/6/2014The flowers for out anniversary were a nice thought. The waiter was very friendly and recommended his favorites. He made it an even better experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El Gaucho is the bestgts1VIPDined on 9/5/2014I have been to and reviewed El Gaucho in Seattle many times. This was our first time dining at El Gaucho Bellevue. Now I don't know where to go for the best steak. The Bellevue space is lovely and brings everything I loved about El Gaucho Seattle. If you want a world class steak house dining experience complete with table side preparation of Cesar salad, Chateaubrian and Bananas Foster for dessert in a lovely and romantic setting, then El Gaucho is for you (Bellevue or Seattle).Special Features:
- worst filet ever!!!CozyVIPDined on 9/5/2014I've been here many many times and I've generally been satisfied. We came for lunch and ordered the filet mignon which is usually great but this time was the worst one I've ever had anywhere. It was overcooked, burned and the funny pars it that came cold. The waiter offered to replace our dish but I was in a supper rush to go to airport and had no time. It's a shame for a place like this to offer the worst filet ever!!! I know I'll go back once more but management should take notice here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class actwoanDined on 9/4/2014Great service, food excellent as always. Chateaubriand best deal in the house for 2 people.Special Features:
- Fancy work LunchShazDined on 9/4/2014If you're looking to treat your team, few places have the wow factor of El Gaucho. You can't argue with he steaks and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerRochelleDined on 8/30/2014Everyone had appetizers a few cocktails we brought our own wine and all thoroughly enjoyed our entees. I thought it high quality food and attentive service. Worth the $$$$ dinner bill. Especially for a special occasion. Will try to go there for happy hour and Sunday 5pm prime rib dinner !Special Features:
- Wish it was better...1eastsideeaterVIPDined on 8/30/2014Darn it....I love the old school vibe and service but the food just doesn't match. The steaks weren't trimmed well...gristle, the lobster mashed potatoes were served just over room temp., the tartare was heavy on the anchovy and chopped in large chunks as if it was the trimmings from the steaks. This is likely the case, but a fine dice/ course grind is desirable and it shouldn't be a table side offering. Diners should be able to to add what they like to tartare. Our bananas foster?...I don't think the server showed the bananas to the pan. They weren't warm and there was no "show". That's the point of table side service, a little showmanship. We will try brunch.Special Features:
- El Guacho was fantasticRootyrbeerDined on 8/30/2014The service was supbrerb, the food was fantastic, I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulksuyeDined on 8/24/2014The service was wonderful! They were attentive, friendly, and very polite. As for the food, There was many choices for brunch including an omelette bar, Mac and cheese bar, and so much more. You must try their special garlicky potatoes-they were to die for. Great for a special occasion or date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabuloussusanDined on 8/20/2014El Gaucho is fabulous. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. My boyfriend and I were celebrating both our birthdays. We were presented with two birthday cards signed by the staff. Nice touch!Special Features:
- well doneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Everything about our visit was well done. Always makes my lunch meetings positive.Special Features:
- high end expensive dining placetheeaterDined on 8/19/2014Really expensive with good meet plates and a high end venue. The menu is not that complete and you should expect no more than grill. Prices are moderate during lunch time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/19/2014A perfect dining experience. Ambience, Food and Service great. I shall returnSpecial Features: