El Gaucho - Bellevue
450 108th Avenue Northeast
City Center Plaza
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
El Gaucho - Bellevue
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elgaucho.com/
- Phone: 4254552715x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 1:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: Service beginning at 5:00pm
Happy Hour: Sunday: 5pm-close; Monday: 2pm to close; Tuesday – Friday: 2pm – 6pm; Saturday: 5pm – 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef John Broulette
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music 7 days a week.
- Special Events: Private dining at El Gaucho is a memorable occasion. Our beautiful and incomparable private rooms are available for lunch and dinner service Monday through Friday and dinner service on the weekends. We also provide buyouts of our entire restaurant. Please contact Whitney Twede at 425.455.2742 or email@example.com for information.
- Cross Street: Between NE 4th & NE 8th Streets
- Public Transit: Located next to the NE 6th Street Transit Center.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Take exit 13a from I-405 for NE 4th Street. Drive west on NE 4th toward downtown Bellevue. Turn right onto 108th Ave NE. Take first right into the driveway between the First Mutual Bank building and the China Trust Bank building. This will lead you between the two buildings through the courtyard up to the City Center Plaza building.
Self-parking in the garage is validated for up to 3 hours. Valet parking is available evenings for $7.
A word from El Gaucho - Bellevue
El Gaucho is the Northwest's steakhouse legacy focused on elegant old-school, tableside service for people celebrating their lives.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
El Gaucho - Bellevue - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
El Gaucho - Bellevue reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)romantic (97)fit for foodies (61)notable wine list (59)good for groups (47)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (18)great for brunch (18)hot spot (14)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food is excellent. The steaks are mouth watering and tender. The desserts are excellent. The servers are friendly, knowledgeable, and ensure you have a great experience. They don't just serve your food, they converse with you and make you feel at home there.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/18/2014The service was impeccable and the food was DELICIOUS! The steaks were prepared to perfection. It was my first time and we celebrated my birthday. I will definitely be telling everyone about our wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualityAtmanDined on 9/17/2014Food is always top shelf. Wait staff is high caliber and consistently delivers such service. If you want a sure-fire, quality experience, can't go wrong at El Gaucho.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong with this placelocalzDined on 9/16/2014Always consistent in their good quality food and service. For dinner, even provided a complementary tray of cheese and fruits to top off a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hunter brunch disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014For an upscale restaurant, hunters brunch was mediocre. Meats? Sirloin steak, pork belly, fried chicken strips, sausage gravey and undercooked bacon. Hard yolk eggs Benedict tarts - ate crust, left egg and yucky filler. Egg stratta ... Really?? Stratta is a bread filler egg dish, served when needing to stretch the budget. Dried up French toast, cold salads were dismal. Didn't partake of dessert table - mini tart, mini creme brûlée, mini strudel, mousse in cup ... Woohoo what a display! Best dishes... Biscuits and gravey and Mac and cheese. Local diner would have been better choice than this "hunters brunch". The birthday brunch was a total disappointment. Will stick with the other bountiful high quality brunches around Seattle.
- Long time favoriteScattergoodDined on 9/14/2014El Gaucho is not cheap. Let's get that out of the way. That said, you get what you pay for. Top notch service, perfectly cooked steaks, and now - a fantastic brunch option for Bellevue.Special Features:
- Amazing.MikeandBonnieDined on 9/13/2014Hands down the best dining experience I have ever had. Worth the price. It was like the waiter could read our minds. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 27th Wedding AnniversaryGTAMPastorVIPDined on 9/12/2014Celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary and they made us feel so special from the moment we crossed the threshold. Everyone acknowledged us and wished us a sincere happy anniversary. Ken our server was fantastic. The bananas foster that Larry made is one of the top 10 things I have ever tasted in my life! Great experience and perfect conclusion to a day long celebration with my bride of 27 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but very spendyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Food was very good & service was excellent but get ready to spend $100/head minimum. I'm rather conservative so no food is worth that amount. Was a special occasion so one time only.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerCoriDined on 9/9/2014When I put into the OpenTable reservation system that it was our anniversary, with our names, they treated us like Royalty. Everything was very special. They know how to make you enjoy your evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding!SleagerDined on 9/7/2014First-time @ Bellevue El Gaucho (prefer over Seattle) and loved the open layout and slightly brighter interior (no need for a flashlight to read the menu). Eat quite regularly @ Daniels and Ruth's and found the food quality fresher and more flavorful. Staff friendly, efficient and managed to "disappear" when appropriate. Time will tell if future trips meet our expectation, but for round-one, could not be happier!Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014I was disappointed with the food quality at brunch time - just not what I expected from El Gaucho. Unless you go with the usual dinner choices or similar to dinner choices, the food just didn't taste right. Benedicts we sort of stale, the baked goods were blah, the waffles were burnt a bit too much and tasteless, etc. I am sure it was just an unlucky day, just because El Gaucho has a different standard, so I will try one more time, but it didn't look promising.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterLucky6Dined on 9/6/2014The flowers for out anniversary were a nice thought. The waiter was very friendly and recommended his favorites. He made it an even better experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst filet ever!!!CozyVIPDined on 9/5/2014I've been here many many times and I've generally been satisfied. We came for lunch and ordered the filet mignon which is usually great but this time was the worst one I've ever had anywhere. It was overcooked, burned and the funny pars it that came cold. The waiter offered to replace our dish but I was in a supper rush to go to airport and had no time. It's a shame for a place like this to offer the worst filet ever!!! I know I'll go back once more but management should take notice here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class actwoanDined on 9/4/2014Great service, food excellent as always. Chateaubriand best deal in the house for 2 people.Special Features:
- Fancy work LunchShazDined on 9/4/2014If you're looking to treat your team, few places have the wow factor of El Gaucho. You can't argue with he steaks and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerRochelleDined on 8/30/2014Everyone had appetizers a few cocktails we brought our own wine and all thoroughly enjoyed our entees. I thought it high quality food and attentive service. Worth the $$$$ dinner bill. Especially for a special occasion. Will try to go there for happy hour and Sunday 5pm prime rib dinner !Special Features:
- Wish it was better...1eastsideeaterVIPDined on 8/30/2014Darn it....I love the old school vibe and service but the food just doesn't match. The steaks weren't trimmed well...gristle, the lobster mashed potatoes were served just over room temp., the tartare was heavy on the anchovy and chopped in large chunks as if it was the trimmings from the steaks. This is likely the case, but a fine dice/ course grind is desirable and it shouldn't be a table side offering. Diners should be able to to add what they like to tartare. Our bananas foster?...I don't think the server showed the bananas to the pan. They weren't warm and there was no "show". That's the point of table side service, a little showmanship. We will try brunch.Special Features:
- El Guacho was fantasticRootyrbeerDined on 8/30/2014The service was supbrerb, the food was fantastic, I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulksuyeDined on 8/24/2014The service was wonderful! They were attentive, friendly, and very polite. As for the food, There was many choices for brunch including an omelette bar, Mac and cheese bar, and so much more. You must try their special garlicky potatoes-they were to die for. Great for a special occasion or date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabuloussusanDined on 8/20/2014El Gaucho is fabulous. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. My boyfriend and I were celebrating both our birthdays. We were presented with two birthday cards signed by the staff. Nice touch!Special Features:
- well doneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Everything about our visit was well done. Always makes my lunch meetings positive.Special Features:
- high end expensive dining placetheeaterDined on 8/19/2014Really expensive with good meet plates and a high end venue. The menu is not that complete and you should expect no more than grill. Prices are moderate during lunch time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/19/2014A perfect dining experience. Ambience, Food and Service great. I shall returnSpecial Features:
- STILLhappilymarriedDined on 8/17/2014As always our experiance was exquisite. When asked if we were celebrating something special we told them it was our anniversary. They gave me a red rose, several employees signed an anniversary card and we received a complimentary dessert. It's the little things that keeps us coming back. We are always made to feel special. I was surprised, but I was not impressed with the prime rib - it was overly fatty and not up to El Gaucho standards. I will order something different next time.Special Features:
- Great weeknight dinnerangnicholeDined on 8/12/2014We celebrated my mom's birthday dinner here. It was easy to get weeknight reservations and the staff was excellent. Everyone was very accommodating, even for my 5 month infant who joined us. Food was great and the food and beverages did not take too long to arrive once ordered. I prefer the Bellevue location much more than Seattle, as I prefer the more well-light atmosphere and our food was better quality than my experience at the Seattle location. Overall it was a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantoutforthenightDined on 8/12/2014We had not been to El Gaucho Bellevue before. A friend had gift certificates so away we went. Oh my how wonderful it was - the food was excellent, the service was fantastic. Everything was just perfect. Our waiter was outstanding with service, suggestions. Just cannot say enough about how wonderful it was. I hope to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch!BothellShopperVIPDined on 8/10/2014We had a great brunch, excellent food, great service. We had never been to the El Gaucho brunch before but will definitely be back.Special Features:
- TJoycetjfoodieDined on 8/3/2014Great new brunch spot in downtown Bellevue. The pork belly is amazing. The choose your own mac n cheese bar is unique. Overall great special occasion brunch at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El GauchoOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/2/2014It WONDERFUL as Always and it is just a Joy to go here. Service is perfection before your eyes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service!EricDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I were celebrating and mentioned it when making the reservation. They gave us a very nice, intimate table and sprinkled some rose petals on it to add a little romatic flair. All of the servers were very attentive and had great recommendations. We sprung for the Waygu New York steak, which was phenominal. It was well seasoned, seared perfectly, and melted in our mouths. Also, the tableside Caesar salad is a must-have for both the show and flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elllllll gaauchoooooMasterDennis1Dined on 7/31/2014Great place for a special occasion. It comes in good portions as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!CynthiaDined on 7/30/2014It was a brilliant time- thanks to our great server, Ryan !! Wonderful food, all prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014You are Welcome right when you walk in! They Said Happy Birthday to my friend "made her day" ! Then our Emanuel! HE WAS AMAZING! The whole night could not have been better! We go to El Goucho of each others birthdays and although it's not fun getting old.... It's just a great feeling to be treated like you are the Queen! :) thank you for making us feel special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableSandraVIPDined on 7/25/2014El Gaucho is top notch, all the way. The food is excellent (try the flaming brochettes). And the waitstaff have been trained specifically in the fine art of customer service, which is an art form lost to most restaurants these days. It was a throwback to a different era. I would return here just for the service! Keep it up, El Gaucho. - there are still people out there who appreciate what you deliver.Special Features:
- Excellent Food And ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/24/2014As always El Gaucho is a perfect restaurant to go to for a special occasion when one wants the best. Our server was excellent and made the evening enjoyable as she prepared the table side caesar salad. The French onion soup was wonderful and the main dishes and sides were perfectly cooked and presented. Thanks to all on the team who make dining at El Gaucho the best experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veg at a SteakhouseAbovetheNormVIPDined on 7/18/2014This was not our first time at El Gaucho, but it was my first time there as a Vegetarian with a steak-loving spouse. They do have a vegetarian menu, but I decided to go with sides instead. It was an awesome idea! The baked potato is fantastic as are the asparagus in a lemon beurre blanc. So meat-eater was happy with his steak and Veg eater was ecstatic with her potato & asparagus. When at a steak house, go with what they do best -- the steak or, if you're a Vegetarian (lacto/ovo, would be harder as a Vegan, obviously) go with the sides.Special Features:
- Constructive reviewPaleodivaDined on 7/17/2014I went to El Gaucho with my family to celebrate my birthday and the service was extraordinary. The waiter accommodated to our dietary needs, replace the bread for a plate of fresh fruit without additional cost, and treated us with free desert for my birthday. I would encourage the restaurant to make an effort to serve food portions commensurable to the price or to decrease the prices. The food is unfortunately overpriced. Quality of the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accept then enjoyFrequentDinerVIPDined on 7/15/2014As other reviewers pointed out dining at El Gaucho is associated with multiple dollar signs. Once you accept that the wallet will take a hit and move beyond that focus you could then thoroughly enjoy the dining experience of food, libations, service and ambience. We had the 4 course dinner; 3 hours flew by and would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible service all aroundSereiDined on 7/14/2014My girlfriend and I were celebrating our two year anniversary and I had mentioned that in my online reservation. When we arrived to the restaurant it seemed like the entire staff new. They congratulated us, put rose pedals on our table, and even made us a card and had the entire staff sign it all. I was blown away, as was my girlfriend. Please continue what you are doing at this location because it's amazing. Thank you for the great experience. On a side not, I hope that the food speaks for itself (it was also amazing).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.