El Dorado Kitchen
405 First St. West
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
El Dorado Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eldoradosonoma.com/
- Phone: 7079963030x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 8:00-11:00am Everyday
Lunch: 11:30am-2:30pm Everyday
Dinner: Sun - Thurs 5:30-9:30pm, Fri & Sat 5:30-10:00pm
Lounge Menu: 2:30pm Everyday Til Closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Armando Navarro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our executive chef will tailor a banquet menu that's just right for your event, and we are happy to accommodate special requests. When you and your guests stay in our 27 tastefully decorated guest rooms, seamless ease will characterize and complete your entire event experience.
- Special Events: The El Dorado Kitchen is the perfect place for wine-country weddings, rehearsal dinner, corporate events, business meetings, private parties and celebrations for groups of 20 -250. Whether it’s a wedding under the fig tree on our garden patio, a stylish cocktail party in our private lounge or a convivial tasting-dinner with friends at our communal table, we have the right venue for every occasion. The entire restaurant is available to reserve for larger parties.
For more information, please contact our Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-996-3030.
A word from El Dorado Kitchen
El Dorado Kitchen blends sophisticated urban style with a relaxed wine-country spirit in a setting that is at once simple and dramatic, contemporary and comfortable. The restaurant offers a stunning stone courtyard for outside dining, a relaxing lounge with a fireplace for cocktails, and an inviting private dining room for the ultimate intimate gathering. El Dorado Kitchen is open for lunch and dinner daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Dorado Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
251 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (182)fit for foodies (152)special occasion (108)neighborhood gem (103)good for groups (99)great for lunch (90)notable wine list (84)romantic (77)great for brunch (46)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (31)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (8)scenic view (6)Show More
- Quick/Romantic Sonama GetawayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My girlfriend and I drove up from Marin for a nice romantic dinner. The food was great, the service was outstanding and the drive up and back was a snap. Actually, the drive with a great playlist was part of the fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have gone elsewhereKandMVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a reservation and were made to wait (for the table to be set) while others, arriving after us, were seated on arrival. The table was still not set (only for 4 instead of 5) once everyone else had been taken care off and we were taken to our table, which we liked. It's a nice room in a very nice and busy part of Sonoma. The food was 50/50 at best, some was really good (mushroom flat bread, risotto) and some was just plain bad, like chopped salad (pieces of iceberg lettuce drowned in dressing with some other unmemorable ingredients, poor presentation and pedestrian taste, should not be served anywhere, let alone in a restaurant for $14, I think). We had limited opportunity to eat out in Sonoma, very much wish we had gone elsewhere.
- Food not greatjc123VIPDined on 9/19/2014Our salmon tartare was bland. The burrata was paired with a red sauce that did not make sense. It took away/over powered the burrata. We've had much better burgers elsewhere. We also had an odd encounter with a server (not ours, ours was great) who plopped down a soda which we did not order without explaining that EDK offers free refills - he just plopped it down and walked away. Since he wasn't our server, we thought it was delivered to the wrong table and he pretty much yelled at me "IT'S A FREE REFILL. IS THAT OK???" We will not go back but are glad we tried it since it had been on our list of places to go to for years.
- Great restaurant in downtown SonomasethpeterwDined on 9/18/2014I went here with my girlfriend on a very brief visit to California Wine Country. We were in town for a wedding and the friend who was getting married recommended El Dorado Kitchen. Excellent food, good wine list, good service, nice atmosphere. No complaints whatsoever.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Our group enjoyed it. Everything was good. Risotto, crab cake, pork chops and Brussels sprouts were amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Food was very good and so was the service. We sat in the courtyard and it was a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicefreddyperryDined on 9/14/2014We really liked our waiter Israel. My risotto was terrific. My wife's chicken was just okay. Not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014Food & wine were wonderful, great indoor and outdoor dining. Server was a little flighty but it didn't matter, really a wonderful meal. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing all aroundRodgeacDined on 9/13/2014This rest around was amazing! We sat outside under the enormous fig tree, perfect weather, and perfect food. It was very loud inside, but perfect outside. The only negative was that our server forgot to put our appetizer in so we waited a long time for our salad to come and then the app came a few minutes after, then there was also a huge time lag between that and our main course. Luckily the food was worth the wait! I wouldn't think twice about a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!SonomaCountyBaryDined on 9/12/2014This is our second occasion to dine at El Dorado Kitchen. Two for two fantastic experience. Food, always excellent. Service was perfect. Can’t wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarryBarryDined on 9/12/2014The EDK recently modified their menu and basically upgraded the level of excellence in every category. Consequently this is now one of the two best restaurants in the City of Sonoma and sits at the top of my list as my current favorite. I highly recommend the Duck Dou entrée and the tuna tartar appetizer for a starter.Special Features:
- Lovely downtown Sonoma spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Love El Dorado Kitchen on the square in Sonoma. We had a delicious lunch on the patio - great service, too. Introduced out-of-town guests to Sonoma and the El Dorado.Special Features:
- Brilliant!WineDudeDined on 9/12/2014Once again EDK did an amazing job. I love coming here, especially when I am entertaining clients. The service is spot on, the wine list is very representative of the area and the decor is exceptional. A very polished crew and exceptional kitchen.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/11/2014Visited Sonoma for a few days and we obviously had many places to choose from for dinner. I can't imagine finding a better place than EDK. On a nice night the patio is pretty unbeatable.
- Slow serviceMartymazVIPDined on 9/11/2014The service was incredibly slow. At the end of the meal, after 20 min, I actually had to get up to ask for the bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CruiseVIPDined on 9/9/2014We always visit the El Dorado Kitchen when we visit wine country. They have a great menu and our server Mike(who we have had for the past 3 years) is outstanding. Highly recommend if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014too many flies on patio/annoying Glass of wine $16!!! Food was beautifully presented, but pork was tough & flavorless Nice gratis b'day dessert Much prefer Fig Cafe in Glen EllenSpecial Features:
- Always good!SonomaDined on 9/8/2014We dine there often and it"s always delicious. The truffle fries are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the dessert!normalpersonDined on 9/6/2014Dessert really was the best part of the dinner. Great place in Downtown Sonoma, would definitely return.Special Features:
- What a treat!Fab5Dined on 9/6/2014El Dorado Kitchen is our new favorite place to dine in Sonoma area. Five of us friends have been meeting for years sampling the flavors and fun of different lunch venues around the Bay. This is our newest find! We had superb service in an intimate patio area surrounded by the wisteria wrapped balconies of an historic hotel. Inside dining is also lovely with a contemporary flair, beautiful lighting and decor. Seasonal local food, truly inspired presentations! Truffle fries, fig and arugula with a sensational dressing, hand made pasta, local King salmon melted in mouth, remarkable side dishes, decent corkage fee.Not just for special occasions, priced very reasonably for a top flight restaurant. Reservations a good idea. It was packed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerCampbellkm3Dined on 9/4/2014Would definitely eat here again while visit Sonoma ValleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sonoma RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/2/2014Went here after reviews on various sites and were very pleased. Had a glass of nice Sonoma Zin, and spouse had a local Brut. Food included a wonderful fig salad, big enough to share. I had the pork chop, a huge chop on a bed of the best palenta I've had in awhile. My wife had the risotto which she said was among the best she's had. Nice outdoor dining, with great and knowledgable service, can't beat it.Special Features:
- Not bad, not greatLockeDined on 9/2/2014We were here for lunch so I can't speak to dinner. My overall impressions were just so-so. It doesn't seem to be on the same level as The Girl and the Fig across the street. It wasn't a bad lunch though.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/1/2014Great salads to be enjoyed for lunch in out door patio.Special Features:
- Afternoon delightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014We came to Sonoma to pick up some wine at Roche where we love their French Oak Chardonnay, but we were pleased at the buttery and oaky taste of the Putz-Hill carafe at EDK and how well it was paired with the salmon tartar appetizer (with crushed apples, wasabi, and avocado) and our entrees of Ahi salad and their special salad with chicken. The wait staff was attentive and very courteous (a young man from nearby Vallejo who drives up each day to work there. We were compelled to check out the rooms and room rates. Very moderate for this wonderful Sonoma afternoon getaway.Special Features:
- Nice lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great spot on the square for lunch. The restaurant is deceivingly large though and as a result the service can be slow. Food quality is exceptional.Special Features:
- Top Sonoma RestaurantMontereyGemDined on 8/28/2014The El Dorado Kitchen is one of the best restaurants in Sonoma Square. It is located in the El Dorado Hotel at corner of 1st Street West and East Spain St. The food and service are excellent. The desserts are especially notable.Special Features:
- TerrificfreddyperryDined on 8/28/2014We had a terrific time. Sat on the patio which is wonderful. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lemon ravioli!YogagirlVIPDined on 8/27/2014Everything was wonderful...from the food to the service to the environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding DiningJSC48098Dined on 8/25/2014We had a party of 6 and to a person, their dinners were wonderful. We'll be back. Service was excellent, attentive and pleasant. We ordered a variety of appetizers/salads and entries--steak, chicken and seafood. After the meal we all agreed our selections were outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a must try at least onceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We came to Sonoma for a quick romantic getaway and had always wanted to try this place. The food was FANTASTIC!! Definitely worth it just for that! But, it is pretty pricey, alcohol is even more outrageous, so I'd go wine tasting beforehand, and then go here for dinner. It's rather noisy and everyone is seated close to each other, so as much as it's romantic, it's not private by any means. You'll make friends with your neighbors, which we don't mind. We lucked out and got seated at the far end of the restaurant where it was semi-quiet (besides an ancy toddler - which I wouldn't take kids here!), but it was noisy everywhere else in the restaurant. The bar looked like a fun atmosphere. And, outside looked amazing! We sat inside though.Special Features:
- guests are quiet, kitchen noisySatisfiedVIPDined on 8/22/2014staff yelling orders and info to the kitchen. WHere is your computer system. This was really unacceptable. Talked to the wait staff and they seemed to know about it but did not see a solution. Have dined at this restaurant from Piatti days thru now and never experienced it like we did Aug 21st.Special Features:
- great dinnerjfernDined on 8/20/2014Dinner was great! Took clients for dinner and had a wonderful experience. Servers were very professional & knowledgeable. Food came out at an even pace (no waiting), drinks were excellent, fish was local and delicious. We ordered pretty much all of the desserts (there were 8 of us) & none disappointed!Special Features:
- A real winnergreatSonomaSpotDined on 8/17/2014the heart of Sonoma, and the heart of a vibrant night dining scene. Home-made pasta that rivals better known Italian restaurants in the area. Cavatelli with Lamb.... Incredible. Great selection of Fresh Oysters, and reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/17/2014I just love EDK because it is always on point, and never disappoints. The seafood paella was outstanding!!!! The service was top notch. It's a great place to go right on the square. Just love this place, one of my favorites in Sonoma.Special Features:
- ServiceJuneDined on 8/17/2014We had a party of seven, and each one of us was made to feel special. Our waiter was awesome. The food was great. Nothing but praise for the entire experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but noisy and busyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Great place, food is great but not fantastic, place is busy and can use more waiters/attention in the kitchen (our order got mixed up several times), ambience is good, vibe is good but very noisy.Special Features:
- Good vibe + great food!JesssDined on 8/15/2014We recently dined at EDK for the 4 time and never dissapoints! This time we celebrated my girlfriends birthday and sat outside. It was such a perfect evening with great food and cocktails. It was also perfect because she was pregnant and the waiter really helped out in ordering the right foods and they do have some creative specialty non-alcoholic drinks!!! We'll be back soon, LOVE EDK!!!Special Features:
- Solid and DependableSanibelTomDined on 8/15/2014We most often find ourselves at the bar for an interesting glass of wine and a quick bite, but this was pre-concert dinner, and the EDK menu's light dishes, at two per person, seemed just right. Satisfying, but not sleep-inducing. Our server was a little slow on the uptake, bringing all four apps at once instead as separate courses as we'd expected. He wasn't always attentive, either, although the rest of the waitstaff picked up the slack to some degree. As is often the case here, there was a large pre-wedding party going on, which can raise the noise level. The food, however, did not fail to please. The tuna tartare is first-class, and Dungeness crab cakes were elegant and allowed the subtle crab flavor to shine. Another solid dinner.Special Features:
- Good for relaxing mealNomaResDinesDined on 8/13/2014Enjoyed dinner here and had a wonderful server who recommended cucumber drink from the bar. Excellent on a summer night. He was very helpful with the menu and wine selection as well. Good service without hovering. My dining partner loved her carbonara and mixed greens salad. My salmon was good but didn't knock my socks off as I have had more flavoable salmon dishes elsewhere. French toast dessert is to die for. A nice choice in Sonoma if your dining partner wants a traditional safe choice.Special Features: