El Dorado Kitchen
405 First St. West
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
El Dorado Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eldoradosonoma.com/
- Phone: 7079963030x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 8:00-11:00am Everyday
Lunch: 11:30am-2:30pm Everyday
Dinner: Sun - Thurs 5:30-9:30pm, Fri & Sat 5:30-10:00pm
Lounge Menu: 2:30pm Everyday Til Closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Armando Navarro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our executive chef will tailor a banquet menu that's just right for your event, and we are happy to accommodate special requests. When you and your guests stay in our 27 tastefully decorated guest rooms, seamless ease will characterize and complete your entire event experience.
- Special Events: The El Dorado Kitchen is the perfect place for wine-country weddings, rehearsal dinner, corporate events, business meetings, private parties and celebrations for groups of 20 -250. Whether it’s a wedding under the fig tree on our garden patio, a stylish cocktail party in our private lounge or a convivial tasting-dinner with friends at our communal table, we have the right venue for every occasion. The entire restaurant is available to reserve for larger parties.
For more information, please contact our Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-996-3030.
A word from El Dorado Kitchen
El Dorado Kitchen blends sophisticated urban style with a relaxed wine-country spirit in a setting that is at once simple and dramatic, contemporary and comfortable. The restaurant offers a stunning stone courtyard for outside dining, a relaxing lounge with a fireplace for cocktails, and an inviting private dining room for the ultimate intimate gathering. El Dorado Kitchen is open for lunch and dinner daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Dorado Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (167)fit for foodies (137)special occasion (100)great for lunch (93)good for groups (92)neighborhood gem (89)notable wine list (76)romantic (72)great for brunch (50)hot spot (36)vibrant bar scene (28)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (9)scenic view (6)Show More
- Outstanding DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014We had a party of 6 and to a person, their dinners were wonderful. We'll be back. Service was excellent, attentive and pleasant. We ordered a variety of appetizers/salads and entries--steak, chicken and seafood. After the meal we all agreed our selections were outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a must try at least onceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We came to Sonoma for a quick romantic getaway and had always wanted to try this place. The food was FANTASTIC!! Definitely worth it just for that! But, it is pretty pricey, alcohol is even more outrageous, so I'd go wine tasting beforehand, and then go here for dinner. It's rather noisy and everyone is seated close to each other, so as much as it's romantic, it's not private by any means. You'll make friends with your neighbors, which we don't mind. We lucked out and got seated at the far end of the restaurant where it was semi-quiet (besides an ancy toddler - which I wouldn't take kids here!), but it was noisy everywhere else in the restaurant. The bar looked like a fun atmosphere. And, outside looked amazing! We sat inside though.Special Features:
- guests are quiet, kitchen noisySatisfiedVIPDined on 8/22/2014staff yelling orders and info to the kitchen. WHere is your computer system. This was really unacceptable. Talked to the wait staff and they seemed to know about it but did not see a solution. Have dined at this restaurant from Piatti days thru now and never experienced it like we did Aug 21st.Special Features:
- great dinnerjfernDined on 8/20/2014Dinner was great! Took clients for dinner and had a wonderful experience. Servers were very professional & knowledgeable. Food came out at an even pace (no waiting), drinks were excellent, fish was local and delicious. We ordered pretty much all of the desserts (there were 8 of us) & none disappointed!Special Features:
- A real winnergreatSonomaSpotDined on 8/17/2014the heart of Sonoma, and the heart of a vibrant night dining scene. Home-made pasta that rivals better known Italian restaurants in the area. Cavatelli with Lamb.... Incredible. Great selection of Fresh Oysters, and reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/17/2014I just love EDK because it is always on point, and never disappoints. The seafood paella was outstanding!!!! The service was top notch. It's a great place to go right on the square. Just love this place, one of my favorites in Sonoma.Special Features:
- ServiceJuneDined on 8/17/2014We had a party of seven, and each one of us was made to feel special. Our waiter was awesome. The food was great. Nothing but praise for the entire experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but noisy and busyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Great place, food is great but not fantastic, place is busy and can use more waiters/attention in the kitchen (our order got mixed up several times), ambience is good, vibe is good but very noisy.Special Features:
- Good vibe + great food!JesssDined on 8/15/2014We recently dined at EDK for the 4 time and never dissapoints! This time we celebrated my girlfriends birthday and sat outside. It was such a perfect evening with great food and cocktails. It was also perfect because she was pregnant and the waiter really helped out in ordering the right foods and they do have some creative specialty non-alcoholic drinks!!! We'll be back soon, LOVE EDK!!!Special Features:
- Solid and DependableSanibelTomDined on 8/15/2014We most often find ourselves at the bar for an interesting glass of wine and a quick bite, but this was pre-concert dinner, and the EDK menu's light dishes, at two per person, seemed just right. Satisfying, but not sleep-inducing. Our server was a little slow on the uptake, bringing all four apps at once instead as separate courses as we'd expected. He wasn't always attentive, either, although the rest of the waitstaff picked up the slack to some degree. As is often the case here, there was a large pre-wedding party going on, which can raise the noise level. The food, however, did not fail to please. The tuna tartare is first-class, and Dungeness crab cakes were elegant and allowed the subtle crab flavor to shine. Another solid dinner.Special Features:
- Good for relaxing mealNomaResDinesDined on 8/13/2014Enjoyed dinner here and had a wonderful server who recommended cucumber drink from the bar. Excellent on a summer night. He was very helpful with the menu and wine selection as well. Good service without hovering. My dining partner loved her carbonara and mixed greens salad. My salmon was good but didn't knock my socks off as I have had more flavoable salmon dishes elsewhere. French toast dessert is to die for. A nice choice in Sonoma if your dining partner wants a traditional safe choice.Special Features:
- Always goodSonomaDined on 8/11/2014The wild King salmon that three of us enjoyed was deliciously prepared. I appreciate that the chef does not overwork the food. He has the best and freshest ingredients and enhances them. I completely recommend this restaurant for brunch, lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/11/2014This turned out to be an extraordinary lunch, fine food, terrific service and ambience. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the food, leave for serviceSeattlegirlDined on 8/9/2014We just ate here the other night. It was hopping when we visited on Saturday night. We sat outside on the back patio. It was lovely with beautiful ambiance, lighting, when it got chilly - they put on the heat. We were with a group of 10 celebrating a birthday. The service was TERRIBLE! The drinks took forever to come! (And, a 2nd beer came out about 40minutes after it was ordered - we were pretty much done at that point). The side dishes came out of the kitchen before the main course. We had to ask to have the water refilled, and for more bread - which is doled out 1 piece at a time - that's fine, if you can give it to the whole table. The man gave it to only half. They gave us the wrong dessert! And mixed up the coffee order as well.Special Features:
- Perfect for a special dateSsssDined on 8/8/2014This place was perfect for a nice date with my boyfriend and I. The food was excellent, the ambience was great, the wine list was incredible. Over all just a great experience. On top of that, our server was super attentive and amazing. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun patio area...Marq04VIPDined on 8/8/2014Had a very nice lunch here with good friends after visiting two outstanding wineries (Stone Edge Farm and Hanzell). Loved the relaxed lunch on the patio...Special Features:
- Disappointing foodsae322Dined on 8/8/2014I hosted a birthday luncheon for five on the patio and no-one was very pleased with her meal. My $14 tostada was the size of a saucer and more appropriately served as an appetizer. None of us intend to return.
- ExcellentJSKM4Dined on 8/5/2014Didn't know what to expect but after looking at the menu online decided to try as there appeared to be many vegetarian options. Had the risotto and beet salad and the rest of the family had the heirloom tomato salad and chilled corn soup. All the dishes were well prepared, the flavour of the vegetables were not overwhelmed with spices, sauces, etc. Dessert was equally good. Would recommend over dining at a 'vegetarian restaurant' - there was ambience and attentive (but discreet) service.Special Features:
- a nice place for lunchsonomastanVIPDined on 8/5/2014Lunch served on the patio is lovely, unfortunately lunch was had on a cool, damp summer day. Food is always very good and the experience remains one of Sonoma's best. Do try it, dinner is even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceDianeMDined on 8/4/2014This was our first visit and we will definitely return. Our meal was delicious from start to finish - inventive and creative menu that used the local fresh produce perfectly. Each of us had something different, and we all were delighted with our choices. Add dessert was terrific too. Onr server was excellent and made a huge difference - she was smart, quick and funny and clearly knew the menu and all the wines. That is unusual in our experience, even at really good restaurants. Thank you!Special Features:
- EnjoyableLuv2DineInSonomaDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyable Sunday dinner. Our server was delightful & accommodating. Our appetizers & dinner were delicious. Always a fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, spotty serviceraypediaVIPDined on 8/3/2014Very pretty restaurant. Our food was ok: truffled fries had no discernible truffle element but were otherwise well-executed; the burrata plate was a gloppy mess that looked less composed and more thrown onto the plate, but again tasted fine; a chopped salad was decent with an outstanding perfectly cooked chicken breast. Service was slooow. Also even though we dined inside we were beset by a swarm of flies; perhaps the consequence of the waitstaff having to service the patio regularly.Special Features:
- amazing in everyway.. againperfectDined on 8/2/2014Everything was oerfect, from the waiter through drinks all the way to desert .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful mealanonfoodieDined on 8/2/2014The food is fantastic, and the wait staff is really nice and helpful.Special Features:
- Fresh pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Dinner started out good but went bad when we questioned the short rib cavatelli dish. Specifically the cavatelli tasted undercooked & tough. We asked our server, Mike; he said that's the way fresh pasta is supposed to taste. Not once were we asked if something could be done to make our dish better. Mike was defensive about the food. We each had a cocktail but didn't order wine for dinner since we had been wine tasting all day. He seemed upset that we were not spending enough money. As we were paying our bill, they started cleaning our table & picking up our napkins, literally making us feel rushed and unwelcome. Not worth another try.Special Features:
- Fridays Are Different...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/1/2014We usually go to EDK on weeknights so being there on a Friday was different. The patio was not available due to rehearsal dinner. We sat in the very back corner of the back room. Food was AWESOME but it seemed like all their A - Team servers and bussers were working the patio event. I like the weeknights better I think but the food was, as always, fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We came here immediately upon driving into town from the airport and we're starving. Unfortunately it took about seven or eight minutes for our waitress to actually come over and see what we wanted she was intermittently checking on us but I felt like it could have been quicker the food was very good and we will definitely be back and hope for a different waiter/waitressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best of wine countryOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/30/2014Food was stellar! ahi tuna tartare tacos, fresh oysters, and the glazed pork belly with watermelon were so good. The king salmon and pork chop entrees were both pleasing to the eye and mouth. Portions were so big we had leftovers. Wine list was well thought out and balanced. We chose chinon because we both missed france...would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try!!AnneCDined on 7/25/2014Great Place!! Came recommended and did not dissappoint! Great food, drinks, ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brian ReaganBReaganDined on 7/22/2014Neighborhood Gem! EDK Rocks! A perfect Manhattan, a dozen oysters, followed by delicious salad with beets and blue cheese. A bottle of Blackbird Merlot and a large plate of braised lamb over noodles. Desert was offered but refused… good thing I had a nice walk after dinner. I highly recommend EDK to all coming to Sonoma.Special Features:
- Average FareusalienedDined on 7/20/2014We had visited this restaurant in the late 90's. Our recent return was a little dissapointing. Our table was not available at the reserved time. Although the waiter was very helpful in recommending wine, the paella and corn risotto did not meet our expectations. They also ran out of scallops for the paella. The bread was nondescript. It appears that the restaurant focuses on processing quantity of patrons while relying on past reputation.Special Features:
- Knows good food1935SFredDined on 7/20/2014Had dinner on a Sunday evening. Traffic made us a little late for our reservation so the check in person made us wait to be seated, however, that being said, we had a wonderful wait person, the food was outstanding (salad for me, raw oysters for my husband followed by lemon ricotta ravioli, dessert fig something for husband - fried blueberry pie for me - mine was not so great). Great wine, great food (overall) and great service, can't wait to go again!!!Special Features:
- Awesome dinner!!DecoyVIPDined on 7/18/2014The beet salad was delicious!!! I Aldo had the Seafood Paella!! Lots of seafood and cooked to perfection!! Big dish for one person but great! My husband had the King Salmon and it was great also!! Desserts and port were yummy!!!!! Loved the outdoor patio dining! Weather was perfect and lots of celebrations all around us!!! Love this place and can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tonyRtrfinediningDined on 7/18/2014we dine at El Dorado every time we are in Sonoma and it is always great. Have taken friends who also love the food and wine. The location is great. Just a block from the B&B we stay at each time in the area.Special Features:
- BillDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I have stayed at the Eldorado Hotel and dined at the Eldorado Kitchen a few times. The food at Eldorado Kitchen is wonderful.The Truffle fries are a great snack or addition to any meal. My wife absolutely loves the Tuna Tartar Tacos. I do not believe there are any misses here. I know I only mentioned the appetizers, but have an entry and you will see that the food is excellent.Special Features:
- VivelleDined on 7/15/2014Fantastic dining experience. We would recommend this place if in Sonoma.Special Features:
- service was a little gruffOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2014the food was great and we enjoyed sitting outdoors however our waiter (a man from Queens) was a bit rough around the edges and seem to be rushing our experience -- not idealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun LunchLRMB5Dined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed a very nice lunch. I had the Ahi Tuna Nicoise salad which was excellent. Nice ambiance, great location on the square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Food was very good except for a pork chop being on the blue side! a remake was done. Service was OK but but not as sharp as it could have been. It's been a couple of years since we last visited, the menu was not as exciting as before...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/8/2014There outdoor patio is cool in the heat of the day. My dining partner has mobility issues and they were extremely gracious and helpful as she got to our table. And the squash salad was summer on a plate.Special Features: