El Dorado Kitchen
405 First St. West
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
El Dorado Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eldoradosonoma.com/
- Phone: 7079963030x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 8:00-11:00am Everyday
Lunch: 11:30am-2:30pm Everyday
Dinner: Sun - Thurs 5:30-9:30pm, Fri & Sat 5:30-10:00pm
Lounge Menu: 2:30pm Everyday Til Closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Armando Navarro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our executive chef will tailor a banquet menu that's just right for your event, and we are happy to accommodate special requests. When you and your guests stay in our 27 tastefully decorated guest rooms, seamless ease will characterize and complete your entire event experience.
- Special Events: The El Dorado Kitchen is the perfect place for wine-country weddings, rehearsal dinner, corporate events, business meetings, private parties and celebrations for groups of 20 -250. Whether it’s a wedding under the fig tree on our garden patio, a stylish cocktail party in our private lounge or a convivial tasting-dinner with friends at our communal table, we have the right venue for every occasion. The entire restaurant is available to reserve for larger parties.
For more information, please contact our Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-996-3030.
A word from El Dorado Kitchen
El Dorado Kitchen blends sophisticated urban style with a relaxed wine-country spirit in a setting that is at once simple and dramatic, contemporary and comfortable. The restaurant offers a stunning stone courtyard for outside dining, a relaxing lounge with a fireplace for cocktails, and an inviting private dining room for the ultimate intimate gathering. El Dorado Kitchen is open for lunch and dinner daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Dorado Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
260 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (184)fit for foodies (164)neighborhood gem (108)special occasion (107)good for groups (103)notable wine list (87)romantic (78)great for lunch (74)hot spot (49)vibrant bar scene (39)great for brunch (38)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)Show More
- Get a new hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/19/2014Booked a late lunch (1:45pm) last Sunday. At arrival we were told that there was no seating available on the patio. We asked how long a wait and were told 30-60 minutes. I said I saw some available tables outside, and then I was told that these were in full sun. We decided to have a look at the "full sun" options. When we hit the patio we found at least 6 available tables, most in full SHADE! The hostess then said she just had some things open up and we could sit wherever we wanted. One of the coldest, rudest receptions I have ever received at any dining establishment.Special Features:
- A good time was had by all.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014We hosted a farewell dinner for an old employee and it was a lovely event. Good food, fun cocktail selection, warm ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not returnClareDined on 10/12/2014A couple of things occurred that made our dining experience less than great: We were offered still water and sparkling water simultaneously but were not told the sparkling water carried a $7 charge nor that it was an entire bottle which we did not need or want. Staff should be upfront about this when offering something that is free along with something that carries a charge. Better than that, invest in a water carbonator like most restaurants do these days to cut down on waste. Secondly, I thought the price of my fish entree was way too high for what I received which was about three ounces of salmon and some sauce on a huge plate. It reminded me of the 1980s when food styling became absolutely ridiculous.Special Features:
- Always Wonderful Food!specialtreatDined on 10/12/2014We just introduced our dear friend, a 5 star chef, to El Dorado Kitchen....he LOVED it as much as we do! Always wonderful food.Special Features:
- Fantastic Pork Chop!s2foodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014The pork chop here was truly outstanding. Service was also on point and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Overall very good. excellent cocktail selection - definitely things you won't find elsewhere. The food was very good. they did bring me the wrong entree (a different pasta dish) than I ordered, but were quick to rectify the mistake. and brought us a free order of truffle fries while i waited. Tuna tartar appetizer and the pork belly and scallop appetizer were our highlights.Special Features:
- karen robidouxsonomakarenDined on 10/9/2014El Dorado Kitchen is just so yummy and it is in our neighborhood which makes it even better! My friend and I were celebrating a milestone birthday so we shared tuna tartare as a starter with some pinot noir and then we both had a delicious king salmon entree. We were completely satisfied with our night out at El Dorado Kitchen and we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGNanzDined on 10/8/2014We sat in the patio. Delightful ambiance. Great food selection and delicious. Fabulous waiter. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Great food, nice outdoor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/8/2014There were 4 for lunch and everyone liked their choices. The Cucaracha drinks were yummy and the tostada was delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointingPvbkearmDined on 10/6/2014We had a snack here a couple years ago and looked forward to having a full dinner. The service was poor. We waited for a while before being greeted at our table, to the point where we considered just leaving. It was not overly busy and the other tables seemed ok so it may have been an off night for our guy. The food was just meh...heirloom tomatoes in the app were mushy and tasteless. my spouse had the special and I had the recommended duck duo. My duck confit was tasty but the breast medallions were overcooked. Our 2nd round of drinks arrived halfway through the entree, and only because we asked the food runner who delivered our dinner to check on them. On the plus side we enjoyed sitting on the patio as it was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceTrishDined on 10/6/2014The service once we were seated was excellent and food was outstanding. The hostess needs more training. We were first to arrive just before 5:30 and she told us to sit in the foyer area and she'd seat us when they opened. She then started to seat others who came after us. I had to go ahead of the line to get her to seat us. Not a great start but rest of evening was lovely. That long table in the middle of restaurant got noisy...glad we were ready to leave by then. Wouldn't sit near it next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodwinemanVIPDined on 10/5/2014We booked El Dorado at the last minute after canceling the reservation we had at another restaurant because we were running late. We checked several websites and this place came recommended several times. I think this is the best thing that happened to us all day. The service was fantastic and the food was wonderful. We were exhausted from a busy day and had a 2 year old with us. They could not have been more accommodating to our party. After each trip to the wine country we review our notes and preplan our next trip. El Dorado is definitely included in our next trip.Special Features:
- Nice for anniversary dinnerLivsmomDined on 10/4/2014We recently had our anniversary dinner at EDK. It was a very warm evening so the back patio was perfect, though inside looked very nice as well. The service was good. We really enjoyed the cocktails - clear conscience and dark & stormy. For dinner we started with the fig salad, which we split and the tuna tartare. They were both good, but didn't blow me away. My husband had the pork chop, which was massive and good. The standout though was the paella - so rich and delicious! It's a large dish so it could easily be shared, especially if you have a couple starters first. Overall a very nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experiencejbanksDined on 10/3/2014Really good food and we ordered so many different plates because we had a large group. Everything was fresh, delicious, and beautifully presented. Great service even though it was really packed. Very fun, we would not have changed a thing!Special Features:
- Great find...would go again & againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014This place was recommended by another visiting the area. They were recommended specifically for their paella and they'd did not disappoint. It was AMAZING! We would go again and again. The paella was enough for 2 and was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Two nights in a row !IheartgoodfoodDined on 9/28/2014Excellent all around - we ate there 2 nights in a row !! The food was awesome , ordered something different both nights. Marked it as a late night find bc it's one of the only places open past 8:30 on a SundaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outJoycrowdDined on 9/28/2014Great meal to end a great trip in Sonoma. Food was outstanding! Wait staff very friendly. Outdoor dinning a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch outsideGBearVIPDined on 9/28/2014Enjoyed salads and flatbread on the patio with some great wine. Perfect service and wonderfully presented and prepared foods. The salads were excellent even compared with the area's stiff competition.Special Features:
- JohnoAndBJVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our entire dining experience,food,wine and service by Caroline was just great,,,We to EDK often and will continue to go there,,Special Features:
- Wonderful Wait Staff/BAD HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014We arrived four minutes early and spoke with an extremely unfriendly hostess who informed us we were 4 minutes early and she was not seating anyone yet. We told her we would wait in the lobby. She proceeded to straighten her station and ignored us. Then some other guests walked in and she seated them without talking to us. We walked up to the desk and a really welcoming waitress offered to seat us. The hostess returned obviously angry at the waitress. She seated us without another word. Our waiter was fantastic and the food was very good. I think the hostess should be reminded that she is there to help make the experience more pleasant and could learn from the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must stop when in SonomaBigfoodogVIPDined on 9/25/2014In a county like Sonoma there are so many excellent choices to dine, however you must make it a priority to stop at the EDK when you're in Sonoma. One of the Areas nicest experiences in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good meal.Luv2eatVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a pretty good meal at El Dorado Kitchen. I was slightly disappointed overall but some of the dishes were very good. We did not care for the truffle fries or the truffle risotto but the chicken entree was very good. The outdoor patio is nice and the bar is very vibrant.Special Features:
- Quick/Romantic Sonama GetawayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My girlfriend and I drove up from Marin for a nice romantic dinner. The food was great, the service was outstanding and the drive up and back was a snap. Actually, the drive with a great playlist was part of the fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have gone elsewhereKandMVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a reservation and were made to wait (for the table to be set) while others, arriving after us, were seated on arrival. The table was still not set (only for 4 instead of 5) once everyone else had been taken care off and we were taken to our table, which we liked. It's a nice room in a very nice and busy part of Sonoma. The food was 50/50 at best, some was really good (mushroom flat bread, risotto) and some was just plain bad, like chopped salad (pieces of iceberg lettuce drowned in dressing with some other unmemorable ingredients, poor presentation and pedestrian taste, should not be served anywhere, let alone in a restaurant for $14, I think). We had limited opportunity to eat out in Sonoma, very much wish we had gone elsewhere.
- opentable reservation issuesLynnallensfDined on 9/19/2014My only issue was checking in - they could not find the open table reservation and seemed a little put off that we still wanted to be seated.Special Features:
- Food not greatjc123VIPDined on 9/19/2014Our salmon tartare was bland. The burrata was paired with a red sauce that did not make sense. It took away/over powered the burrata. We've had much better burgers elsewhere. We also had an odd encounter with a server (not ours, ours was great) who plopped down a soda which we did not order without explaining that EDK offers free refills - he just plopped it down and walked away. Since he wasn't our server, we thought it was delivered to the wrong table and he pretty much yelled at me "IT'S A FREE REFILL. IS THAT OK???" We will not go back but are glad we tried it since it had been on our list of places to go to for years.
- Great restaurant in downtown SonomasethpeterwDined on 9/18/2014I went here with my girlfriend on a very brief visit to California Wine Country. We were in town for a wedding and the friend who was getting married recommended El Dorado Kitchen. Excellent food, good wine list, good service, nice atmosphere. No complaints whatsoever.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Our group enjoyed it. Everything was good. Risotto, crab cake, pork chops and Brussels sprouts were amazing.Special Features:
- luv2eatDined on 9/17/2014Food was very good and so was the service. We sat in the courtyard and it was a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicefreddyperryDined on 9/14/2014We really liked our waiter Israel. My risotto was terrific. My wife's chicken was just okay. Not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014Food & wine were wonderful, great indoor and outdoor dining. Server was a little flighty but it didn't matter, really a wonderful meal. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing all aroundRodgeacDined on 9/13/2014This rest around was amazing! We sat outside under the enormous fig tree, perfect weather, and perfect food. It was very loud inside, but perfect outside. The only negative was that our server forgot to put our appetizer in so we waited a long time for our salad to come and then the app came a few minutes after, then there was also a huge time lag between that and our main course. Luckily the food was worth the wait! I wouldn't think twice about a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!SonomaCountyBaryDined on 9/12/2014This is our second occasion to dine at El Dorado Kitchen. Two for two fantastic experience. Food, always excellent. Service was perfect. Can’t wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarryBarryDined on 9/12/2014The EDK recently modified their menu and basically upgraded the level of excellence in every category. Consequently this is now one of the two best restaurants in the City of Sonoma and sits at the top of my list as my current favorite. I highly recommend the Duck Dou entrée and the tuna tartar appetizer for a starter.Special Features:
- Lovely downtown Sonoma spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Love El Dorado Kitchen on the square in Sonoma. We had a delicious lunch on the patio - great service, too. Introduced out-of-town guests to Sonoma and the El Dorado.Special Features:
- Brilliant!WineDudeDined on 9/12/2014Once again EDK did an amazing job. I love coming here, especially when I am entertaining clients. The service is spot on, the wine list is very representative of the area and the decor is exceptional. A very polished crew and exceptional kitchen.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/11/2014Visited Sonoma for a few days and we obviously had many places to choose from for dinner. I can't imagine finding a better place than EDK. On a nice night the patio is pretty unbeatable.
- Slow serviceMartymazVIPDined on 9/11/2014The service was incredibly slow. At the end of the meal, after 20 min, I actually had to get up to ask for the bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CruiseVIPDined on 9/9/2014We always visit the El Dorado Kitchen when we visit wine country. They have a great menu and our server Mike(who we have had for the past 3 years) is outstanding. Highly recommend if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014too many flies on patio/annoying Glass of wine $16!!! Food was beautifully presented, but pork was tough & flavorless Nice gratis b'day dessert Much prefer Fig Cafe in Glen EllenSpecial Features: