El Dorado Kitchen
405 First St. West
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
El Dorado Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eldoradosonoma.com/
- Phone: (707) 996-3030
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 8:00-11:00am Everyday (Served in our Wine Bar)
Lunch: 11:30am-2:30pm Everyday
Dinner: Sun - Thurs 5:30-9:00pm, Fri & Sat 5:30-9:30pm
Lounge Menu: 2:30pm Everyday Til Closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Armando Navarro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our executive chef will tailor a banquet menu that's just right for your event, and we are happy to accommodate special requests. When you and your guests stay in our 27 tastefully decorated guest rooms, seamless ease will characterize and complete your entire event experience.
- Special Events: The El Dorado Kitchen is the perfect place for wine-country weddings, rehearsal dinner, corporate events, business meetings, private parties and celebrations for groups of 20 -250. Whether it’s a wedding under the fig tree on our garden patio, a stylish cocktail party in our private lounge or a convivial tasting-dinner with friends at our communal table, we have the right venue for every occasion. The entire restaurant is available to reserve for larger parties.
For more information, please contact our Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-996-3030.
A word from El Dorado Kitchen
El Dorado Kitchen blends sophisticated urban style with a relaxed wine-country spirit in a setting that is at once simple and dramatic, contemporary and comfortable. The restaurant offers a stunning stone courtyard for outside dining, a relaxing lounge with a fireplace for cocktails, and an inviting private dining room for the ultimate intimate gathering. El Dorado Kitchen is open for lunch and dinner daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
El Dorado Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Sonoma ›
El Dorado Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (162)great for outdoor dining (161)good for groups (103)special occasion (102)neighborhood gem (97)notable wine list (79)romantic (73)great for lunch (62)hot spot (47)vibrant bar scene (36)great for brunch (27)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- El Dorado KitchenSonomasavvyDined on 11/20/2014EDK is a great go-to spot in Sonoma. Inventive cocktails, nice atmosphere and the food is always good. We always take out of towners here as its consistently good and there's something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cancel other plans. Come here, order the Duck DuoericVIPDined on 11/14/2014Beautiful, comfortable atmosphere. My entree, the Duck duo, was the finest, most delicious duck dish I have ever had, and I am no spring chicken. My wife enjoyed the butternut squash ravioli. I also enjoyed the tomato soup. The prices were clearly reasonable. .... I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El Dorado Hotel & KitchenNapadinerDined on 11/13/2014Very good food and 5 star service with great patio and Sonoma Plaza location. One of my favorites in Sonoma for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunsetVIPDined on 11/12/2014Excellent food; extremely fast service; accommodated our 3 year old. Overall a very satisfactory experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SonomaLocalDined on 11/12/2014I enjoy dining at the El Dorado Kitchen regularly. It's beautiful inside and out, and the food is always delightful. The seasonal changes in the menu keep it fresh and interesting. The butternut squash soup, with marshmallow on top, was a special treat! It's a wonderful choice for groups, business lunches or a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frustrating night.FamilyFriendlyDined on 11/9/2014This was 5th or 6th time we have eaten at EDK. Made a 5:30 reservation because I have small children and they have early bedtimes. Arrived at 5:25 & were asked to wait in the bar to be seated. At 5:30, began to see other parties arriving and being seated. Saw 5-6 groups get seated before I decided to check back with the host (assumption was that they would come and get us at 5:30). Finally they came to get us and started taking us outside; we wanted to be indoors (again, I would think this would be the default unless asked for otherwise). Finally seated, orders placed. One mishap with our appetizer. Didn't receive our dinners until after watching other parties complete their meals. Another mishap with my dinner. Frustrating night for us.Special Features:
- Lower quality food for a late lunchWineNDineVIPDined on 11/9/2014My guest were first time diners and were very excited to visit the restaurant. We had a 2:00 PM reservation. We soon discovered that the menu selection was limited as certain dishes were sold out. I ordered the grits and shrimp dish. Although delicious, the amount of grits was much less than expected. My guest said it was merely a "puddle". The steamed muscles we had as an appetizer were cooked down to the size of berries in a shell. I have ordered this dish numerous times in the past and have not seen them this small. Fortunately, the wait staff was excellent and provided friendly service. It was disappointing that the restaurant did not stand up to its reputation. El Dorado has produced much better experiences in the past.Special Features:
- Delicious!Eatingud62Dined on 11/9/2014We tried both lunch and breakfast. The burger was flavorful and juicy with perfect fries. Their slant on the eggs Benedict was quite tasty with just enough spice. Terrific flavor! On our "must come back" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014After a long day of travel our reservations were confused somehow and the El Dorado showed no record of them. Hungry and tired I assumed we would not get seated, however they were very accommodating and sat us at a lovely table in back where we enjoyed the ambiance and the food greatly.Special Features:
- Fabulous place on Sonoma Square!foodfreakDined on 11/7/2014Great food, great service, great location! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Our server was wonderful - very knowledgeable and attentive. All four entrees were beyond delicious. Great evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BDinNCTVIPDined on 11/4/2014Nice little place on the plaza in Sonoma. The food and service were very good and the ambiance was definitely wine country. It would have been nice if the a/c was working better but it was unseasonably warm for this time of year.
- An off dayDiningMattersVIPDined on 11/3/2014A disappointing favorite. We told the server and the hostess, we were celebrating my Dad's 90th birthday. The bread never came (we got attitude when we asked for two pieces well into our meal), the soup was cold (we sent it back), one of our drinks was missed (arrived after asking), and the bus person removed plates a tad eagerly. Food service was very slow given that the restaurant was empty. The pizza was ok but the crust was underdone. The mussels and tuna tartare were excellent. For the price, everything should be great. With such spotty service for a very special lunch, I expected more than a candle and an apology. At least comp the one dessert in addition to the drink that almost didn't turn up. Will give it another chance.
- Not quite as good as last timedebbiecg4Dined on 11/1/2014I ate at EDK last night and was a little disappointed. I had the duck and it was a little dry. My friend had the paella and some parts were slightly burnt. The previous times I ate there were outstanding so I was a bit disappointed. Also, the menu seemed a little uninspiring. I would give it a try again, hoping it was just an off-night.
- Great Place in Wine CountrysmcwDined on 11/1/2014We were a group of six (4 adults and 2 children). We ate at several well-known restaurants, but our meal at El Dorado Kitchen was definitely the best we had in the Sonoma/Napa area - definitely outstanding! Everyone in our party was pleased with the food and the service. We highly recommend it - whether you are a couple or a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceYummyDined on 10/28/2014This was our first time here and we found it with good reviews on Open Table. We were not disappointed. Excellent service and the food was prepared in the most innovative, tasty ways. Probably the best place to eat on the square.Special Features:
- Great experience!MikegDined on 10/26/2014We loved it here, interesting menu and wine/ drinks list, great service, not too formal and not too casual, nice room - you just feel comfortable here! The truffle fries are awesome, just be aware the serving size is very generous!Special Features:
- Gets beter and betterjaslinSFDined on 10/26/2014We had some problems the last time we were there, but they seem to have worked everything out. This experience was perfect. Only complaint was the all-metal patio chairs were somewhat hard and cold on a chilly day. They did have the patio heaters going so it worked out OK... just a chilly tush. A really great place for lunch & brunch; service was impeccable, and the food is 1st rate. We always seem to go with a large group, and they handle groups very well.Special Features:
- Top restaurantmarinwandererDined on 10/25/2014Fortunately our usual restaurants in Sonoma were booked early in the week. This was our first experience with the El Dorado Kitchen and found it wonderful in all respects, service, food and ambience.Special Features:
- Great food on the squareCopperDined on 10/23/2014Vibrant restaurant with great food on the square in Sonoma. I have the pork chop - huge, succulent, over polenta and greens. My wife had truffle risotto. Would recommend this restaurant for foodies who don't mind spending some money for good food.Special Features:
- Lunch on the patioAnneJoDined on 10/23/2014I met a friend for lunch on the patio. It's a very nice setting, with lots of umbrellas to keep you out of the full sun. We both had salads that were delicious. The service was perfect. I will happily return here for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceretired007Dined on 10/21/2014wife and I had a fantastic experience dining on the patio. we had the patio to ourselves as everyone else thought it was too cold. there were outside heaters by every table. we are from the Midwest so being able to dine outside in 65 degree weather at this time of year was a pleasure, think the other customers were just wips. the food and service was also fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad service, so so foodjnb5Dined on 10/20/2014Went last year for our anniversary it was great. Food, service, atmosphere. This year, however, service was bad. Sevice very slow, got the impression it was because we were younger than most other patrons and waitress felt we would not tip as well. Next to us the waiter was visiting the table 5x in the span we got visited once. Food was nothing special. Plates were awkwardly large, my dish, salmon special, was way over peppered. Food served could fit in the palm of my hand, not much of it and wasn't very good, even though by the time we got our food we were quite hungry and more likely to be forgiving on our pallette. Basically disappointing and will look for a different restaurant to spend our next anniversary.
- Get a new hostessjonshort1VIPDined on 10/19/2014Booked a late lunch (1:45pm) last Sunday. At arrival we were told that there was no seating available on the patio. We asked how long a wait and were told 30-60 minutes. I said I saw some available tables outside, and then I was told that these were in full sun. We decided to have a look at the "full sun" options. When we hit the patio we found at least 6 available tables, most in full SHADE! The hostess then said she just had some things open up and we could sit wherever we wanted. One of the coldest, rudest receptions I have ever received at any dining establishment.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We had a reservation and asked to be seated outside. The hostess said she couldn't accommodate our outdoor dining request unless something opened up. We sat inside by a window and saw 3 groups who did not have reservations sat outside. I inquired with the hostess;she said she needed to give the servers more time between tables, even through others were seated before us. There were 4 unoccupied tables outside so I asked again to be sat outside at which time a different hostess came over to take care of my party. She was fantastic and the service, food and cocktails were awesome. This may not be helpful since the hostess is only a small portion of a dinning experience but I thought the restaurant should know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good time was had by all.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014We hosted a farewell dinner for an old employee and it was a lovely event. Good food, fun cocktail selection, warm ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not returnClareDined on 10/12/2014A couple of things occurred that made our dining experience less than great: We were offered still water and sparkling water simultaneously but were not told the sparkling water carried a $7 charge nor that it was an entire bottle which we did not need or want. Staff should be upfront about this when offering something that is free along with something that carries a charge. Better than that, invest in a water carbonator like most restaurants do these days to cut down on waste. Secondly, I thought the price of my fish entree was way too high for what I received which was about three ounces of salmon and some sauce on a huge plate. It reminded me of the 1980s when food styling became absolutely ridiculous.Special Features:
- Always Wonderful Food!specialtreatDined on 10/12/2014We just introduced our dear friend, a 5 star chef, to El Dorado Kitchen....he LOVED it as much as we do! Always wonderful food.Special Features:
- Fantastic Pork Chop!s2foodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014The pork chop here was truly outstanding. Service was also on point and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Overall very good. excellent cocktail selection - definitely things you won't find elsewhere. The food was very good. they did bring me the wrong entree (a different pasta dish) than I ordered, but were quick to rectify the mistake. and brought us a free order of truffle fries while i waited. Tuna tartar appetizer and the pork belly and scallop appetizer were our highlights.Special Features:
- karen robidouxsonomakarenDined on 10/9/2014El Dorado Kitchen is just so yummy and it is in our neighborhood which makes it even better! My friend and I were celebrating a milestone birthday so we shared tuna tartare as a starter with some pinot noir and then we both had a delicious king salmon entree. We were completely satisfied with our night out at El Dorado Kitchen and we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGNanzDined on 10/8/2014We sat in the patio. Delightful ambiance. Great food selection and delicious. Fabulous waiter. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Great food, nice outdoor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/8/2014There were 4 for lunch and everyone liked their choices. The Cucaracha drinks were yummy and the tostada was delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointingPvbkearmDined on 10/6/2014We had a snack here a couple years ago and looked forward to having a full dinner. The service was poor. We waited for a while before being greeted at our table, to the point where we considered just leaving. It was not overly busy and the other tables seemed ok so it may have been an off night for our guy. The food was just meh...heirloom tomatoes in the app were mushy and tasteless. my spouse had the special and I had the recommended duck duo. My duck confit was tasty but the breast medallions were overcooked. Our 2nd round of drinks arrived halfway through the entree, and only because we asked the food runner who delivered our dinner to check on them. On the plus side we enjoyed sitting on the patio as it was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Romantic DeliciousnessEatSleepDrinkRepeatDined on 10/6/2014Wonderful ambiance. My girlfriend and I visited during harvest season nor realizing how hard it would be to get a table. The service was amazing, everyone was very attentive and courteous. The food was out of this world! Drinks were so, so (Too Sweet). Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceTrishDined on 10/6/2014The service once we were seated was excellent and food was outstanding. The hostess needs more training. We were first to arrive just before 5:30 and she told us to sit in the foyer area and she'd seat us when they opened. She then started to seat others who came after us. I had to go ahead of the line to get her to seat us. Not a great start but rest of evening was lovely. That long table in the middle of restaurant got noisy...glad we were ready to leave by then. Wouldn't sit near it next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodwinemanVIPDined on 10/5/2014We booked El Dorado at the last minute after canceling the reservation we had at another restaurant because we were running late. We checked several websites and this place came recommended several times. I think this is the best thing that happened to us all day. The service was fantastic and the food was wonderful. We were exhausted from a busy day and had a 2 year old with us. They could not have been more accommodating to our party. After each trip to the wine country we review our notes and preplan our next trip. El Dorado is definitely included in our next trip.Special Features:
- Nice for anniversary dinnerLivsmomDined on 10/4/2014We recently had our anniversary dinner at EDK. It was a very warm evening so the back patio was perfect, though inside looked very nice as well. The service was good. We really enjoyed the cocktails - clear conscience and dark & stormy. For dinner we started with the fig salad, which we split and the tuna tartare. They were both good, but didn't blow me away. My husband had the pork chop, which was massive and good. The standout though was the paella - so rich and delicious! It's a large dish so it could easily be shared, especially if you have a couple starters first. Overall a very nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experiencejbanksDined on 10/3/2014Really good food and we ordered so many different plates because we had a large group. Everything was fresh, delicious, and beautifully presented. Great service even though it was really packed. Very fun, we would not have changed a thing!Special Features:
- Great find...would go again & againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014This place was recommended by another visiting the area. They were recommended specifically for their paella and they'd did not disappoint. It was AMAZING! We would go again and again. The paella was enough for 2 and was absolutely delicious.Special Features: