101 N Broadway
Denver, CO 80203Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eldiablorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3039540324
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 5:00 pm Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Late Night: Daily: 11:00 pm - 1:30 am Taco Window: Daily: 10:00 pm - 4:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Regional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Sean Yontz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can cater any style of event from weddings to fairs. Call for any inquiries.
- Special Events: Daily Happy Hour 3pm-6pm and 11pm-Close Drink Specials + Cantina Food Menu
A word from El Diablo
El Diablo Cocina Y Tequileria. Award-Winning Traditional Mexican food and Margaritas! Over 200 tequilas!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Diablo reviews from OpenTable diners
- Fun with tacosEmmaloohooDined on 4/25/2013Always fun at El Diablo! I went earlier than normal this time, and was pleased that the noise level was actually tolerable for once. The tables are pretty tight, but the food is good and the atmosphere is fun.Special Features:
- Da Bomb!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/19/2013I absolutely love El Diablo and keep going back for more. We have had everything from a nice date night to a family get together there. I would say big groups beware though since the tables are small and the restaurant is loud. If you don't care, this restaurant is wonderful. They have some of the best food and drinks in town. I absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a new hot spot!Special Features:
- Awesome food! The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2013Awesome food! The service could have been better and a bit loud but otherwise great.Special Features:
- Stick with Happy HourKellyKRushDined on 4/14/2013It was ok ..nothing to write home about. Service was not the greatest - the waiter, who I believe was also the bartender, forgot a few of our items. No big thing, just a disappointment. Brunch was also meh...Salsas are very good. Wouldn't go back for brunch. Will stick to their happy hour only.Special Features:
- a secret that would be evil to keepOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013funky vibe. fantastic food. for us, it's one of those places that you want to keep secret but you can't because the food is so great.Special Features:
- chips stale. Guacamole wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2013chips stale. Guacamole was requested medium hot - not a bit of it. Ribs were awful. Weak margaritas. Have had all of this before - this place has gone downhill.
- What a dissapointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/29/2013It was ok. Its been better. My rice was not even warm and my dish was all to one side of the plate as though it slid on the way to our table. I have been to the restaurant on other occasions where everything was perfect I hope this not a sign of their decline.Special Features:
- Food was very good but arrivedFoodyVIPDined on 3/21/2013Food was very good but arrived a little cold. Service was a little off as well.Special Features:
- Great food, good service...aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2013Great food, good service...a little loud and drinks were weak, would highly recommend the tacosSpecial Features:
- Food was average. Sent backPAO3Dined on 3/1/2013Food was average. Sent back our Sangria as they were awful. Service was very good but, that is the best thing,I can say about it. Will not return.
- Great place to eatRayfDined on 2/15/2013Great food and drinks and high energy! Great place.Special Features:
- We Heart Tequila!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We Love El Diablo!! Could not think of a better place to share Valantines Dinner. GREAT night! So knowledgable about Tequila. ALWAYS a Great time. Thank you for helping us have a Special night.Special Features:
- Great dishes. InterestingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Great dishes. Interesting twists on traditional plates. Very affordable.
- Really loud, but you get usedKellyKRushDined on 2/8/2013Really loud, but you get used to it. Great food, great drinks!Special Features:
- El Diablo was great -- theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013El Diablo was great -- the duck with mole, plantains, and figs was fantastic. The service was good, and the atmosphere was fun and lively.Special Features:
- First time to El Diablo.ALFSNVIPDined on 1/25/2013First time to El Diablo. Food was great and service too.Special Features:
- Serve food warmer please...temp.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013I love El Diablo, but the food consistently comes out not hot enough. Been there at least 5 times and that has always been the problemSpecial Features:
- Met my expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013First time at El Diablo, it was a great experience. Place was packed so it was very loud. Menu has a variety of dishes I would have liked to taste. Settled for the 'cochinito pibil' and it was delicious. Loved the veggies and the portion size. I was not impressed with the rice. I do think, however, that the drink menu was impressive. Also would have loved to try more than one (or a couple). Good service but waiter forgot about us a couple of times and the bar took a while to prepare our drinks. It was a busy night though. Two thumbs up the almond cake with ice cream dessert. It was perfect! Would definitely recommend El Diablo and plan to return soon.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding as always.BartmanDined on 1/18/2013Food was outstanding as always. We love the food here and the staff is always pleasant. Atmosphere is electric! But please do something about the chairs though, have to be the most uncomfortable sitting in Denver!Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)JordanVIPDined on 12/25/2012The food was fresh and wonderfully prepared as always. The fare is as unique as it is robust with flavors. Oh so many mex joints , this one aint! Plus our server was lovely and truly caring and had more knowledge of the kitchens efforts and food /ingredients than 99% of the jokers we encounter at more expensive restaurants.Special Features:
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012It is often very loud but if you miss the crowd it is just fine. Great food, one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Not good for groups who wantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012Not good for groups who want to spend time together; we were asked to leave because someone else needed the table.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food, but thereMBDenverVIPDined on 12/8/2012We enjoyed the food, but there were some errors, for example we asked for " no salt" on glass rims and each time that was wrong. It may have been that they did not bring decaf coffee,but leaded instead. However, the food was very good and the place was lots of fun.Special Features:
- Great food, great ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2012Great food, great ambiance, nice energy but can be very loud when crowded. Very nice mix of tradional Mexican fare that is found in the majority of Denver Mexican restaurants with other delicious options such as the chicken molcajete, beef cheeks, and the ribs.Special Features:
- Can I live at El Diablo's?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Very sad that you've been closed so often :( LOVE LOVE LOVE the food.Special Features:
- Our new Thanksgiving Tradition!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/21/2012Second time attending the Light the Lights for Christmas around Thamksgiving. This may become our annual tradition to get pumped up for Christmas. Fun, Fun, Fun!! Awesome Bartending staff. Love this place!! Sean was on the floor helping everyone celebrate!!! Great Job El Diablo!!!Special Features:
- Food spicy but not flavorful.ParticularDenverVIPDined on 11/17/2012Thought that the food was more spicy than flavorful. There are other restaurants in Denver that are less expensive, more flavorful but less hip.
- Really was impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2012Really was impressed with food - knew it was a happening spot as always packed - but the food was a revelation. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- So loud . . . But great margaritas!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/3/2012Always tasty. Great margaritas. But way too loud just like all the reviews say. Wonder when they will fix it? They must not care since its always busy.Special Features:
- I used to be a big fan ofbcfoodieDined on 11/2/2012I used to be a big fan of El Diablo, but my last few experiences have not been good. The most recent one was very disappointing. Rude hostess, pushy server, watered down cocktails that took forever to receive, and sub-par food.
- Can't beat the tacos and margaritascherylscarletVIPDined on 10/27/2012Can't beat the tacos and margaritas! This is favorite fun repeat.Special Features:
- Better when first opened.FoodyVIPDined on 10/26/2012Food was much better when they first opened. The chicken in the molcajete was not good. Dry. Expensive. The special was better- pork mole verde.Special Features:
- LOVED the food! Staff wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2012LOVED the food! Staff was more than wonderful. The floor manager came over several times Only drawback was it was VERY noisy. Hard to hear:(Special Features:
- Rude HOST, Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2012I would have given service 5 stars, our waitress was absolutely terrific, but the MALE host was rude and couldn't even finish sitting us. I made my reservation thru OpenTable requesting a table near the window. We walked in and he was taking us to a different part of the restaurant and I mentioned I would like to sit near the window where there were several tables available, he got an ATTITIDUE threw the menus on the table and walked away. I love this place, and will most likely come back, but not as often as I would. I always thought the customer came first, and it didn't last Friday. I will also let all my friends know the unprofessional service they will receive when being seated at El Diablo.
- Carnitas were terrible. noOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Carnitas were terrible. no flavor, meat not cut into bite sized pieces. the meat was large hard striated and dry. it was as if they didnt try at all. too bad because I had looked forward to going there all daySpecial Features:
- The fajitas are the way toOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/29/2012The fajitas are the way to go, based off my husband's experience. My mole dish was not very good. The ambiance is nothing special for a fairly new restaurant. The service from the host/hostess stand was questionable at best.
- Food was very mediocre. ThisBonefinderVIPDined on 9/15/2012Food was very mediocre. This was my third time here over a period of time and I was not impressed.
- We had a great time - butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2012We had a great time - but I thought my dish, carnitas, was expensive ($14, if I recall correctly) for something quite basic. The pork was a tad dry. Other than that, my mojito and sundae were excellent. And the wait service and atmosphere were delightful, as usual.
- My boyfriend and I agree,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/2/2012My boyfriend and I agree, El Diablo's food is even better since they've reopened. It's amazing, and worth going back for!
- Love El Diablo. Sat on funMandyRJVIPDined on 8/25/2012Love El Diablo. Sat on fun patio and watched the downtown scene. They were lovely to my 4 year old and my husband and I loved the food. Super super casual place, very eclectic but way cool. All the staff is tattooed and friendly as can be. Fun, cool not too pricey. Good people watching urban night out. Noticed their happy hour is like 3-6 daily and had a lot of good cheap food and drink options so I.will be meeting for girls happy hour there next week. Thank you!Special Features: