7404 State Road
Cincinnati, OH 45230Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elcoyotecincy.com/
- Phone: 5132325757
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Southwest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from El Coyote
El Coyote has been family owned and operated for over 28 years in Cincinnati. We serve the region's best margaritas, steaks, chops, and Tex-Mex food. Come join us and bring your family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
El Coyote - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
El Coyote reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (13)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (8)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- make booths widercincybirderVIPDined on 9/12/2014I've been here several times and I love el Coyote. Only complaint I have is the amount of space in the booth. The seats have a strange edge on the end, the booths are very narrow in width, with both of these items it makes it difficult to get in and out of the booths. I'd rather sit at a table than a booth. food is great, keep up the great work with the pork chop dinner!Special Features:
- Excellent Comfort FoodC2DineDined on 9/7/2014I had been about three years since I dined at El Coyote and it was as good as I remembered. The Pork Chop was excellent and their award winning mashed potatoes and mac and cheese didn't disappoint. While it's not fare that I would eat everyday, thus the three year hiatus, it was fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 11robbDined on 9/6/2014We recently went to El Coyote with our family. The food was great, able to enjoy a fun dinner with 11 folks. Overall an exceptional experience. Look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service, Fair FoodTomWDined on 9/4/2014We all had Tex Mex. Servers were just right...prompt, attentive, and non-intrusive. Good margaritas. Unfortunately, concensus of the group was "I have yet to have a memorable meal at El Coyote." Maybe the higher end food is more notable, but with a name like El Coyote, you'd expect the Tex-Mex to be very good.Special Features:
- Disgusting...Not what i rememberklktbearVIPDined on 9/4/2014This is not the El Coyote that I have loved in Anderson for years. The food was disgusting, uneatable & bad flavors/smell. My daughter would not eat their cheeseburger due to having a weird taste. We tried the award winning appetizer of crab stuffed mushroom caps and it was visually unappealing, smelled & tasted horrible. We were not offered anything in its place. I got the chicken quesadilla; the chicken was not seasoned & had a slight smell. In my opinion, it was chicken & beans from the night before. My mother had the chili relleno with pulled pork and the pork was in chucks & not tasty. The best part of the night was the chips, salsa and margarita half pitcher. They need to relook at mgmt., chef,.to bring this restaurant back.
- Thank you...OpheliaVIPDined on 8/31/2014... for a great dining experience! Our group had a great time. We'll be back.Special Features:
- server was too busytimcDined on 8/22/2014Server was too busy not a manager in sight our food too forever lots of big parties. The queso was a bit grainy. The fajitas were good. I was overall disappointed had heard great things and had higher expectations
- somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The server was great and the Chicken Empandas did not disappoint. Plenty of seating however the booths were so uncomfortable we asked to be seated at a table. Rooms were on the dark side, just a little more lighting would be appreciated. The ladies bath room was unpleasant!!!! Needs a total update. Too small. With just one other person in there we felt crowded and on top of each other. The ladies room is the reason I would not recommend or go back again.Special Features:
- Great food needs renovations thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Love tho food, it never fails to be very god. The restaurant needs a HUGE makeover, it has been exactly the same for way too long!!Special Features:
- Best chops EVER!!!ElCoyoteFanDined on 8/11/2014I've been on earth for 65 yrs and can honestly say El Coyote's pork chops are the best I have ever had. What a find!! And if you haven't tried the mashed potatoes yet they are worth the trip alone. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- It's been awhile!GMaxDined on 8/2/2014It had been several months since we last dined at El Coyote. This time we brought another couple and just had a great meal and service was excellent. We need to come more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuck in the 80'sRcgm1976Dined on 7/26/2014We went there because we had a coupon which should have been our first clue. It was like we were stepping back in time. The food was bland and decor was seriously outdated. The margaritas were good but significantly overpriced. We expected Gordon Ramsey to walk out of the kitchen and shut it down
- Stick with the pork chopscincybirderVIPDined on 7/26/2014My friend and I have been here several times. We tried the prime rib special for the first time. We asked the server if it was a standing rib roast vs a cut and heat. She wasn't sure what we were asking but said it was a standing rib roast. It was clear when we got the dish that it was a cut and heat and it didn't have much taste to it. We both regretted ordering it and we'll stick with the pork chops next time.Special Features:
- Food Great as always, service OK!JohnDined on 7/3/2014Food is always very good and typically we have the same servers (Willy or April) who are very good. Unfortunately not this evening. We waited to be greeted by the server and then she rushed us to get our food orders. Our bar drinks took for ever to get and finally had to flag down Jim the owner to get them. Definitely not what we are accustomed too when dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bowl of cheese...8 bucks?cosmokramerDined on 6/28/2014Overall good dining experience. A couple of things though. I ordered 2 enchiladas. I had to dig through the lettuce to find them. I didn't really want a salad with my meal. That being said, they were good. Secondly, I love your nachos and salsa. My wife is not a big fan of salsa, so she asked for a bowl of queso dip. I get the bill and it's $8.00...for a bowl of cheese. OK fine if you want to get me for $8.00 for cheese, but it reflected poorly on the waitresses tip. Not that it was her fault but I think you kinda screwed me on that one so you can apologize to her. If I didn't have to pay the $8.00 for a bowl of cheese, I would have given her more.
- Hoped for moredisappointedDined on 6/25/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary. We have heard very good things about El Coyote, and have been eager to try it. It was a disappointment. From the seemingly annoyed waitress, to the bland mediocre food, to the expensive SMALL drinks. It was a $50 meal that is worth about $12.50. We will never return to this restaurant. Save your money.
- Love this placeHiTechAVSDined on 6/15/2014The chops are awesome. The salsa is my favorite...we always bring some home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 272 reviews are from the El Coyote reviews archive.
- lukewarmlmcrVIPDined on 5/13/2014This was once a hot spot and now it is lukewarm. The food is still okay. The service was okay. It was empty on a weeknight. The atmosphere is better in dim light.
- Gluten freeJFlo1Dined on 5/10/2014I know many people who people love El Coyote, but honestly I think it's ok. We went because they kept advertising a "new menu". I didn't see much of a change, and it's kind of pricey. I will return for beverages with friends, but not necessarily for dinner. My daughter has a food allergy and the best thing is that they have a dedicated gf menu.Special Features:
- Great time!foodmamaDined on 5/9/2014Had a party of seven for dinner, three kids. Food, atmosphere and service were good. The margaritas are THE BEST!!! We always know it will be good!Special Features:
- ColdOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/5/2014The macaroni and cheese that is one of your signature items was served cold.Special Features:
- 16th Wedding AnniversaryluvmyhubbyDined on 4/5/2014I had wanted to go to El Coyote for a long time but our closest friends, who are real Mexican food fans, told us that El Coyote's food was more "TexMex" and they weren't interested. They actually kind of curled their noses up! Well, my husband and I finally decided to go it alone and boy were we ever glad we did. We went to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary, but didn't tell anyone at the restaurant. And there was really no need to! The food and the service were perfection without any additional efforts. Would go back in a minute and would definitely refer friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and could be GreatBillDined on 4/4/2014The food is excellent and the place is always full; but, we just get the feeling that there are a few too many tables arranged for maximum seating and not for great ambiance. The service is good but not great; a little perfunctory rather than really welcoming. More of a step up from Texas Roadhouse than a step down from The Precinct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sardines in a can2dineforDined on 3/20/2014The food was good. But very tight quarters so it was loud. Margaritas were good and I like the new menu size!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group outtingMelissaDined on 3/15/2014We went out to dinner to celebrate a bday. With reservations we were seated right away on a busy Saturday evening. We all ordered steaks and though pretty tastey I would get something else next time, it was a little pricey for what you got. Good service, good food, lots of kids, busy environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotMrsCDined on 3/8/2014We ate Mexican food, and all the ingredients tasted fresh. The margaritas were delicious. No matter what you order, the mashed potatoes are a must-have side dish! Our only complaint was that our booth was not comfortable. No cushions, the seat was shallow (so only half of your thighs rested on the bench) -- and we are not large people. Bigger people should avoid the booths!Special Features:
- A tad saltyIrishDined on 3/3/2014We had a large group and most really liked their food. I ordered the pork enchilada and it was very salty. I don't know if it was the pork or the sauce. I ordered some sour cream to make it palatable. The margaritas were 1/2 price and very tasty. Our server was very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Stuck in the SeventiesMontgomeryDined on 2/26/2014My wife bought a CincySaver for El Coyote, so we could try a new place for dinner. Based on the online menu's prices, I expected a more formal setting. Instead, it was like taking a time machine back to the 70's. The decor was very "Old West" and the cigarette machine in the vestibule was a turn off. Overall, the food was good (if very overpriced) and the service was friendly, but we don't plan to return. This was at the State Road location.
- El DeliciosoDlmanDined on 2/20/2014Wife and I went on a Thursday evening and were seated immediately. Kinda wanted to sit in the bar a little but what the heck. The reason for traveling to the "other side of the world" was my wife's birthday and it's one of the few places we know of that serves steaks Pittsburgh style. I had the Halibut Yucatan, "Grilled with spicy Cajun seasoning with sauteed onions, mushrooms and peppers on a bed of tex mex rice." My mouth is watering as I type. As for the margaritas, well they get the wife's seal of approval. I highly recommend El Coyote in Anderson Township.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJeffDined on 2/14/2014Took my girlfriend here for our first Valentine's dinner. The food was outstanding and the waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful. Highly recommend this neighborhood staple!Special Features:
- Completely Awesome!Live2DineDined on 1/29/2014This restaurant is the best on the planet. Make sure you order their mash potatoes, have some margaritas and indulge in their awesome salsa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food;Atmosphere varies by roomCarolynRVIPDined on 1/22/2014We've eaten up front other times, and atmosphere was very good. This visit, we were stuck in the back room just before 3 long tables of older people arrived about 5:30 pm. Front room was not busy, but we had waits to order, to pay and between. People arriving in bunches were disruptive, greeting others and deciding where to sit. Servers insisted they fill tables 1-by-1 rather than where they wanted, which made them unhappy. One female server in particular, loudly shuffled back and forth dozens of times, not really doing much except watching other people set tables. Her shoes and clunky walking was loud, and very annoying, because she wasn't actually doing anything. Next visit we will ask to sit anywhere but the back room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luckily, we had made a reservationybnormalDined on 1/11/2014Luckily, we had made a reservation as there were quite a few people waiting to be seated. We arrived 6 or 7 minutes early and after a quick check to make sure our table was ready, we were seated. Our server was quick to appear and take our order for soft drinks while we looked over the menu. She was very attentive throughout the entire meal - clearing dishes, letting us know that the entrees would be coming out very shortly, checking to make sure we were satisfied with everything... She showed up at just the right times and just the right number of times. She had a very nice personality (I wish I could remember her name) and added to the experience. Steaks were prepared as ordered and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight fitBoobooDined on 1/11/2014We have been there several times this is our first bad experience there was 4 of us I reserved a table I don't like having dinner in the bar area too loud, and the table was too small. Our food was not hot overall it was not a good night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and Enjoyable!Reds2BengalsVIPDined on 1/4/2014It is the best restaurant in Anderson Township and offers a very good selection including the best Mexican and very good steaks and ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, service and pricingHollyDined on 1/3/2014The food, service and pricing were outstanding. The entire experience was delightful and we will return again and soon.Special Features:
- Consistently great food.4StorysDined on 12/28/2013For our out of town guests - El Coyote is a Cincinnati favorite and a must do, every time. Their menu has something for everyone and everyone left happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good portionsFlyByeVIPDined on 12/28/2013We always go early before the rush, so it's quieter than later on a Saturday night when the place is packed. The food was really good, the portions are generous and our server, Luke, was great. This is a regular spot for us and our favorite place for chicken fajitas. I highly recommend them!
- El Coyote is superb. I alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2013El Coyote is superb. I always enjoy coming to this restaurant whenever in the greater Cincy areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great re-visit, as expected!!wdklDined on 12/17/2013Haven't been there for some time, but experience was great. Friends in party had not been there before, and enjoyed food, service, and overall experience. Will go there again, hopefully soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.