7404 State Road
Cincinnati, OH 45230Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elcoyotecincy.com/
- Phone: 5132325757
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Southwest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from El Coyote
El Coyote has been family owned and operated for over 28 years in Cincinnati. We serve the region's best margaritas, steaks, chops, and Tex-Mex food. Come join us and bring your family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Coyote reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (8)special occasion (6)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great food needs renovations thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Love tho food, it never fails to be very god. The restaurant needs a HUGE makeover, it has been exactly the same for way too long!!Special Features:
- Best chops EVER!!!ElCoyoteFanDined on 8/11/2014I've been on earth for 65 yrs and can honestly say El Coyote's pork chops are the best I have ever had. What a find!! And if you haven't tried the mashed potatoes yet they are worth the trip alone. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- It's been awhile!GMaxDined on 8/2/2014It had been several months since we last dined at El Coyote. This time we brought another couple and just had a great meal and service was excellent. We need to come more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuck in the 80'sRcgm1976Dined on 7/26/2014We went there because we had a coupon which should have been our first clue. It was like we were stepping back in time. The food was bland and decor was seriously outdated. The margaritas were good but significantly overpriced. We expected Gordon Ramsey to walk out of the kitchen and shut it down
- Stick with the pork chopscincybirderVIPDined on 7/26/2014My friend and I have been here several times. We tried the prime rib special for the first time. We asked the server if it was a standing rib roast vs a cut and heat. She wasn't sure what we were asking but said it was a standing rib roast. It was clear when we got the dish that it was a cut and heat and it didn't have much taste to it. We both regretted ordering it and we'll stick with the pork chops next time.Special Features:
- Food Great as always, service OK!JohnDined on 7/3/2014Food is always very good and typically we have the same servers (Willy or April) who are very good. Unfortunately not this evening. We waited to be greeted by the server and then she rushed us to get our food orders. Our bar drinks took for ever to get and finally had to flag down Jim the owner to get them. Definitely not what we are accustomed too when dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bowl of cheese...8 bucks?cosmokramerDined on 6/28/2014Overall good dining experience. A couple of things though. I ordered 2 enchiladas. I had to dig through the lettuce to find them. I didn't really want a salad with my meal. That being said, they were good. Secondly, I love your nachos and salsa. My wife is not a big fan of salsa, so she asked for a bowl of queso dip. I get the bill and it's $8.00...for a bowl of cheese. OK fine if you want to get me for $8.00 for cheese, but it reflected poorly on the waitresses tip. Not that it was her fault but I think you kinda screwed me on that one so you can apologize to her. If I didn't have to pay the $8.00 for a bowl of cheese, I would have given her more.
- Hoped for moredisappointedDined on 6/25/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary. We have heard very good things about El Coyote, and have been eager to try it. It was a disappointment. From the seemingly annoyed waitress, to the bland mediocre food, to the expensive SMALL drinks. It was a $50 meal that is worth about $12.50. We will never return to this restaurant. Save your money.
- Love this placeHiTechAVSDined on 6/15/2014The chops are awesome. The salsa is my favorite...we always bring some home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lukewarmlmcrVIPDined on 5/13/2014This was once a hot spot and now it is lukewarm. The food is still okay. The service was okay. It was empty on a weeknight. The atmosphere is better in dim light.
- Gluten freeJFlo1Dined on 5/10/2014I know many people who people love El Coyote, but honestly I think it's ok. We went because they kept advertising a "new menu". I didn't see much of a change, and it's kind of pricey. I will return for beverages with friends, but not necessarily for dinner. My daughter has a food allergy and the best thing is that they have a dedicated gf menu.Special Features:
- Great time!foodmamaDined on 5/9/2014Had a party of seven for dinner, three kids. Food, atmosphere and service were good. The margaritas are THE BEST!!! We always know it will be good!Special Features:
- ColdOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/5/2014The macaroni and cheese that is one of your signature items was served cold.Special Features:
- The following 268 reviews are from the El Coyote reviews archive.
- 16th Wedding AnniversaryluvmyhubbyDined on 4/5/2014I had wanted to go to El Coyote for a long time but our closest friends, who are real Mexican food fans, told us that El Coyote's food was more "TexMex" and they weren't interested. They actually kind of curled their noses up! Well, my husband and I finally decided to go it alone and boy were we ever glad we did. We went to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary, but didn't tell anyone at the restaurant. And there was really no need to! The food and the service were perfection without any additional efforts. Would go back in a minute and would definitely refer friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and could be GreatBillDined on 4/4/2014The food is excellent and the place is always full; but, we just get the feeling that there are a few too many tables arranged for maximum seating and not for great ambiance. The service is good but not great; a little perfunctory rather than really welcoming. More of a step up from Texas Roadhouse than a step down from The Precinct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sardines in a can2dineforDined on 3/20/2014The food was good. But very tight quarters so it was loud. Margaritas were good and I like the new menu size!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group outtingMelissaDined on 3/15/2014We went out to dinner to celebrate a bday. With reservations we were seated right away on a busy Saturday evening. We all ordered steaks and though pretty tastey I would get something else next time, it was a little pricey for what you got. Good service, good food, lots of kids, busy environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotMrsCDined on 3/8/2014We ate Mexican food, and all the ingredients tasted fresh. The margaritas were delicious. No matter what you order, the mashed potatoes are a must-have side dish! Our only complaint was that our booth was not comfortable. No cushions, the seat was shallow (so only half of your thighs rested on the bench) -- and we are not large people. Bigger people should avoid the booths!Special Features:
- A tad saltyIrishDined on 3/3/2014We had a large group and most really liked their food. I ordered the pork enchilada and it was very salty. I don't know if it was the pork or the sauce. I ordered some sour cream to make it palatable. The margaritas were 1/2 price and very tasty. Our server was very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Stuck in the SeventiesMontgomeryDined on 2/26/2014My wife bought a CincySaver for El Coyote, so we could try a new place for dinner. Based on the online menu's prices, I expected a more formal setting. Instead, it was like taking a time machine back to the 70's. The decor was very "Old West" and the cigarette machine in the vestibule was a turn off. Overall, the food was good (if very overpriced) and the service was friendly, but we don't plan to return. This was at the State Road location.
- El DeliciosoDlmanDined on 2/20/2014Wife and I went on a Thursday evening and were seated immediately. Kinda wanted to sit in the bar a little but what the heck. The reason for traveling to the "other side of the world" was my wife's birthday and it's one of the few places we know of that serves steaks Pittsburgh style. I had the Halibut Yucatan, "Grilled with spicy Cajun seasoning with sauteed onions, mushrooms and peppers on a bed of tex mex rice." My mouth is watering as I type. As for the margaritas, well they get the wife's seal of approval. I highly recommend El Coyote in Anderson Township.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJeffDined on 2/14/2014Took my girlfriend here for our first Valentine's dinner. The food was outstanding and the waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful. Highly recommend this neighborhood staple!Special Features:
- Completely Awesome!Live2DineDined on 1/29/2014This restaurant is the best on the planet. Make sure you order their mash potatoes, have some margaritas and indulge in their awesome salsa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food;Atmosphere varies by roomCarolynRVIPDined on 1/22/2014We've eaten up front other times, and atmosphere was very good. This visit, we were stuck in the back room just before 3 long tables of older people arrived about 5:30 pm. Front room was not busy, but we had waits to order, to pay and between. People arriving in bunches were disruptive, greeting others and deciding where to sit. Servers insisted they fill tables 1-by-1 rather than where they wanted, which made them unhappy. One female server in particular, loudly shuffled back and forth dozens of times, not really doing much except watching other people set tables. Her shoes and clunky walking was loud, and very annoying, because she wasn't actually doing anything. Next visit we will ask to sit anywhere but the back room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luckily, we had made a reservationybnormalDined on 1/11/2014Luckily, we had made a reservation as there were quite a few people waiting to be seated. We arrived 6 or 7 minutes early and after a quick check to make sure our table was ready, we were seated. Our server was quick to appear and take our order for soft drinks while we looked over the menu. She was very attentive throughout the entire meal - clearing dishes, letting us know that the entrees would be coming out very shortly, checking to make sure we were satisfied with everything... She showed up at just the right times and just the right number of times. She had a very nice personality (I wish I could remember her name) and added to the experience. Steaks were prepared as ordered and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight fitBoobooDined on 1/11/2014We have been there several times this is our first bad experience there was 4 of us I reserved a table I don't like having dinner in the bar area too loud, and the table was too small. Our food was not hot overall it was not a good night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and Enjoyable!Reds2BengalsVIPDined on 1/4/2014It is the best restaurant in Anderson Township and offers a very good selection including the best Mexican and very good steaks and ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, service and pricingHollyDined on 1/3/2014The food, service and pricing were outstanding. The entire experience was delightful and we will return again and soon.Special Features:
- Consistently great food.4StorysDined on 12/28/2013For our out of town guests - El Coyote is a Cincinnati favorite and a must do, every time. Their menu has something for everyone and everyone left happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good portionsFlyByeVIPDined on 12/28/2013We always go early before the rush, so it's quieter than later on a Saturday night when the place is packed. The food was really good, the portions are generous and our server, Luke, was great. This is a regular spot for us and our favorite place for chicken fajitas. I highly recommend them!
- El Coyote is superb. I alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2013El Coyote is superb. I always enjoy coming to this restaurant whenever in the greater Cincy areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great re-visit, as expected!!wdklDined on 12/17/2013Haven't been there for some time, but experience was great. Friends in party had not been there before, and enjoyed food, service, and overall experience. Will go there again, hopefully soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable food and service.CarolynRVIPDined on 12/11/2013We go for the great food and excellent service. It is important to make a reservation, as they do get very busy -especially soon after they send out their coupons...but btw, it's worth going without a coupon.Special Features:
- Looking for great foodluvtodrinkDined on 11/30/2013The El Coyote is my favorite restaurant in Cincinnati. My husband and I have been going there for years. There's nowhere you can get a better margaritta ! It's the best! The food is great! Consistently great! Never had a bad meal there. Huge portions! Always enough to take some home for lunch the next day. Service has always been great! I couldn"t think of a negative thing to say about the place . Wouldn't change a thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2013The Food was luke warm and the service was just okay. The server had his head in the cloud and was not really in to serving that night it seemed. He was more concerned with what else was going on in the restaurant. We have had better. The restaurant was not busy which had me a little concerned. They crammed a large party at a small table which made for some un-comfortableness but we dealt with it. I would recommend them only because I know they do have good food, we have had plenty of good meals there. I am hoping this was just an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May I recommend the pork chopCraigw4628VIPDined on 11/9/2013The title is somewhat of an inside joke. I love pork chops and I know where to go in Cincinnati to get the good ones. So when my friends ask me what is good on the menu, they already know what my answer is likely to be. At any rate, I love El Coyote's pork chop and it is arguably the best in this area. I also like the fact that they have added combinations to their menu. So, now I can get their delicious 9 oz. chop and add my other favorite dish which is their stuffed chili relleno. You can also add a chimichanga, stuffed bell peppers, shrimp and a few other things, I believe. The service is always top notch and the bartenders are generous. This is definitely one of my families favorite places to dine. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong NameGoodwillDined on 11/7/2013Wish they wouldn't call themselves "El Coyote" because it makes people think of the wonderful restaurant by that name in Anderson Township. This restaurant has a very significantly smaller menu, and the food wasn't as good. My chicken wings were undercooked, but I was afraid to send them back because my friend had to request silverware 3 times before getting it, so I was afraid I'd never see those wings again.
- WonderfulTheatregals4Dined on 11/1/2013Everything was fantastic....food, service ....our favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit too noisy for conversationCarolynRVIPDined on 10/23/2013Very good food and service...just a bit too noisy for a dinner conversation to happen.Special Features:
- Great as Always!GHDavidsonDined on 10/13/2013I have been to El Coyote many times with my wife and when we were dating, Great food, fair pricing and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.