El Chile Cafe Manor
1809 Manor Road
Austin, TX 78722Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
El Chile Cafe Manor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elchilecafe.com/
- Phone: 5124579900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday and Monday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jeff Martinez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Inquire with us for your next party, wedding, and corporate event. Contact Gina.
A word from El Chile Cafe Manor
Welcome to El Chile. El Chile Cafe y Cantina offers a combination of Tex-Mex and Interior Mexican cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Chile Cafe Manor reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- LOUDMomEVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great restaurant but "energetic" doesn't come close to describing the headache inducing din of noise that built as the restaurant filled. Acoustics were off the charts loud. Our small table of 5 couldn't hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch with a Big GroupStephVIPDined on 7/13/2014We had a brunch for 15 planned for no good reason, which is exactly the best reason. They had the table waiting and our waitress was ready when we arrived. She was very attentive and kept up with new arrivals to ensure everyone had their drinks promptly. Our food was all looked and tasted delicious, and the portions were perfect. I will be happy to brunch here again, and I can't wait to try it for other meals.Special Features:
- Great timekwinklesDined on 7/4/2014We were a large party and the service was still fast and helpful, the food was great, like usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 14 reviews are from the El Chile Cafe Manor reviews archive.
- Get Rid of the Flies ASAPWagnerDined on 5/31/2014While the food was delicious, we were seated next to a window where the flies were way to distracting due to the sheer numbers of them. There were several fly traps in the window but they were full. We might as well have eaten outside. Our waiter was distant and whenever I asked him a question, he would answer as he was running away from our table.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beRobertggDined on 5/30/2014I'm not sure what happened. Wife and I have been coming here since it first opened (the original time) - staff used to be upbeat and friendly and food was fresh and hot. Friday night it seemed like they were doing us a favor. Two tables that were seated after us had their chips and drinks before anyone even greeted us. Food came out quickly as expected as far as timing but 3 of the four plates looked as it they had been sitting under the heat lamps for some time. El Chile is typically where we take out-of-towners for tex-mex with a different twist but I'm not sure it will be that place for us anymore.Special Features:
- Great queso, chile relleno!FoodfanDined on 5/9/2014Had a great dinner at El Chile on Manor Rd., as usual! Staff are fun and friendly, service is prompt. Food is exceptional. Love the Sangria! Go now!Special Features:
- Good food and drinkLongTimeVisitorVIPDined on 4/24/2014We were pleasantly surprised. The food and drink were very good. We sat outside on their front porch, which was pleasant although there's a fair amount of street noise as it's very close to Manor Rd. The plastic chairs are not very comfortable, but the restaurant thoughtfully provides woven blankets that you can use as a back rest which helped a lot. The wait staff was very attentive and pleasant, but the kitchen was a little slow with our order. We had one of the fancy nacho dishes and a rainbow trout special, and both were very good.Special Features:
- Fantastic ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/23/2014An out of town friend came to visit and I brought her to El Chile Manor. I am so glad I did! We had a fantastic server who gave great suggestions and really tailored her recommendations to an out of town visitor.Special Features:
- Fun Spot for Eastervyrgrl1Dined on 4/19/2014We went to the restaurant on the recommendation of my brother in law who says the margaritas are the best in Austin. We had our Easter dinner there on Saturday. It was very good food and a good time was held by all. The margaritas are indeed very good.Special Features:
- LoudBrittexasDined on 3/21/2014The noise level was so loud that it was hard to hear my date. Also, the space is so small the waitress and waiters would almost run into us.
- BEST MEXICAN EVERlynneb11803Dined on 3/16/2014GREAT! THE BEST HOMEMADE SHELLS AND TORTILLAS. WAS THERE ABOUT A YEAR AGO AND HAD TO GO BACK AND WILL LOOK FORWARD TO GOING BACK AGAIN.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andcdbrDined on 3/14/2014The food was excellent and the vegetarian dishes are full of flavor.Special Features:
- Always a good experienceSaorsaDined on 2/14/2014Unpretentious, pleasant restaurant with tasty Mexican and South American food, and very good service.Special Features:
- Good tex-mex & margaritasTorstenDined on 12/31/2013Tex-mex well prepared with some unusual items that are delicious. Try the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Austin favoritesDaveDDined on 12/16/2013We travel to Austin 2-3 times a year, and always have at least one meal at El Chile each trip. I love their ceviche; my wife has sampled much of the menu and enjoyed everything she has tried. In terms of drinks, they make very good Micheladas and specialty margaritas.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Lack TasteLarryDined on 11/17/2013Our party of four had dinner and ordered Parilla de Fajitas (2), Camarones al la Plancha, and the Downtown Charlie's Special. We had eaten at El Chile's before but were sorely disappointed on the lack of flavor, due to lack of adequate seasoning on the chicken and beef ingredients. Furthermore, the dishes were sparse on chicken and beef and were piled high with "filler" chopped lettuce, tomatoes, etc. Therefore, we felt that we did not get our money's worth from the items ordered from the menu.
- Not for grown-ups?VlySummitVIPDined on 11/15/2013Austin has lots of Mexican, Tex-Mex restaurants. El Chile, returned to Manor Road, can't compete with the more modestly priced and simpler Chango's or El Chilito. The food is too cheesy (literally) and not really good. (I had the tamal Oaxacana.) The helpings are generous. The staff is sweet. We were there opn a Friday night and lots of margaritas and bottles of beer were flying around. The margaritas were weak and undistinguished. We sat outside, which was fine unless the bus was going by, but that is out of the restaurant's control. Inside was quite loud and crowded. It wasn't a special or celebratory experience. Loud frat boys in back of us. All in all, I won't be going back.