El Charro Mexican Dining
3339 Mt. Diablo Blvd
Lafayette, CA 94549Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
El Charro Mexican Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elcharro1947.com/
- Phone: (925) 283-2345
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11am
Dinner: Su-Th 11:00am-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 11:00am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Edmundo Bernardo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from El Charro Mexican Dining
El Charro Mexican Dining, the best place for friends and family to meet and eat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Charro Mexican Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (2)special occasion (2)Show More
- Don't BotherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014If you have a hankering for Mexican food, and can't find another resteraunt near you, El Charro is for you. We went on a Satuday night, about 7:00 pm. We made reservations ahead of time and only had to wait a few minutes to be seated. The dining room was very hot and uncomfortable. Eventually someone noticed and turned the tempurature on the A/C down and the room was finally comfortable in about 15 minutes. I ordered the chili verde platter, substituting rice for the beans. The chile verde only had three pieces of meat, hardly what I have come to expect at various other places we have visited. After our initial waiter went on break, or went home, the service was much improved. The prices were reasonable, about $65 for the four of us. We won't be returning to El Charro.
- FrajitasJohnDined on 11/13/2014I'm not a big fan of Mexican food but the others in our party are so I had no objections to going to El Charro because they do have the best fajitas - I liked the combination of beef and chicken. My wife was pleased with the enchilada and the others in our party were happy with the chile rellenos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood place with great margaritasArhNDined on 11/12/2014Old time restaraunt with traditional Mexican food, which I rate as "OK". The price is right, the margaritas are good and they don't skimp on the alcohol. Not fancy, but comfortable nough and good to take kids.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good Service, Fun TimeRomanticOnesDined on 11/1/2014We have been here many times over the years. It has never disappointed. They have changed menus since we were last here. I wouldn't say the food is authentically Mexican, but it is very good. Celebrated our daughter's birthday, and they acknowledged it. A good time had by all. Their garlic-blue cheese dip for their chips is still outstanding!Special Features:
- El CharroOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2014Nothing special. Their margaritas are expensive, especially the ones using "gold" tequila.
- Yummy.deb410sDined on 10/11/2014I have been going to El Charro for 55 years. It was still very good but we had a bad waitress. I would still recommend it highly.Special Features:
- El Charro Still GreatLuckmeisterDined on 9/18/2014El Charro has maintained the atmosphere and recipes that have consistently made it one of the best Mexican restaurants in Contra Costa County since 1947. A "Must" for anyone looking for great Mexican food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome cheese dip!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014Great little restaurant. Always a wait but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyDined on 8/16/2014Dinner was good. Great margaritas. Will go back again when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1 reviews are from the El Charro Mexican Dining reviews archive.
- Good "American" Mex foodAndrewDined on 7/28/2014Standard stuff is consistently good, but far from remarkable. Large servings fill you up, but are "commonplace" like any so-called Mexican food places. The patio outside is GREAT for warm summer eves...Special Features: