El Centro D.F. - Georgetown
1218 Wisconsin Ave.
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $30 and under
El Centro D.F. - Georgetown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.richardsandoval.com/elcentrogtown/
- Phone: 2023334100x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 10:30am - 3:00am, Sunday: 10:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chef Chad Weise
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Year round back patio with heaters.
10 PM-2 AM | Every Wednesday
Free Salsa lessons from 9-10PM
Salsa | Merengue | Bachata | Top 40 | Samba
No cover | $5 Margaritas
- Special Events: Please contact Alyssa Stanton at firstname.lastname@example.org for all the details. We'll help you select times and menus just right for your gathering. We look forward to hearing from you!
A word from El Centro D.F. - Georgetown
Chef Richard Sandoval invites you to gather, dine and raise a glass at El Centro, D.F. Authentic Mexican comfort food and fine Tequilas are served in three vibrant spaces.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Centro D.F. - Georgetown reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (59)vibrant bar scene (48)great for brunch (42)hot spot (41)fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (21)great for lunch (20)late-night find (16)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Tequila Central!!BigAlDined on 10/18/2014150+ brands of Tequila. Fabulous Guacomole. Food was terrific, generous portions. Looks like a hole in the wall but a very clean and special experience. Look no further for your Latin fix.Special Features:
- Tasty as usualcasualbruncherDined on 10/15/2014The only 'critique' I have about this visit is the unanswered question as to why my salad came with a side of ketchup. Otherwise, attentive service and great food as usual.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in DCJessieDined on 10/12/2014It doesn't get much better for bottomless food and drinks for brunch. El Centro doesnt serve weak drinks or bad food, you really get the best of the best.Special Features:
- El Centro Restaurant GeorgetownvbreslowVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was a referral from our concierge at our hotel and it did not disappoint. The food was wonderful, the service was great and the ambiance is energetic. Not a place for a quiet evening, but very pleasant. The tables are set fairly close together, but you could hear each other talk without any problem. I am vegan and they were very accommodating to adjusting their ingredients to help me out. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not A Good Brunch OptionFB0037FoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014I had been to El Centro for dinner and was very impressed, but will not be returning for brunch ever. What was most noteworthy as we tried to order from the menu is that our server just said 'let me bring you what we have ready,' providing us with a lot of food that didn't get eaten. The staff did make significant attempts to come up with options for one who didn't eat meat or cheese. Also, while the menu did list bottomless drinks, the mimosas did not seem to have any volume of champagne.
- Fun dinner girls night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014I went for dinner with 6 of my friends. We had a great time! Love the margarita on the rocks!! Salsa and chips:). Lot of fun, food was really good. I recommend this place! The outdoor patio is really nice too:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for all occasionsBuenoDined on 9/27/2014I went to a Centro with five other friends for a Saturday evening dinner. We wanted to find a place with outdoor seating good Mexican food and good drinks. We found all of those that El Centro. One thing we didn't like was that they tried to rush us off our table because there was a reservation behind us. It would've been nice to be able to finish at our own pace. Other than that I would definitely go back again and recommend it to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre; felt very rushedLizzieVIPDined on 9/20/2014We felt very rushed in and out. Very little attention from waiter (he was fine but certainly not trying to cater to us or help us with the menu, etc.). You could tell they wanted to get you in and out as fast as possible. Very popular with the Georgetown undergrad crew -- probably won't go back there again. Funny thing is, the 14th Street location feels very similar (minus the bros from Gtown). But, decent food and pretty reasonably priced.
- AMAZING!foodie1990Dined on 9/14/2014I was in from Chicago this past weekend and stopped there for brunch on Sunday. The $35 all you can eat, all you can drink is the best deal out there. The food is amazing and you get to try so many different dishes. Love love love this place! Might make a trip back just to eat here again! Our server Caitlin was also pretty awesome!Special Features:
- Great food and spacious80FStFoodieDined on 9/13/2014My boyfriend and I had an early dinner at 6:00 last Saturday before an 8:00 concert and were pleasantly surprised, as neither of us had been there before. We were seated and served quickly and our server, a young lady, was very personable and attentive. The food was delicious. I had duck tacos and my boyfriend had the chipotle shrimp. We were seated upstairs and realized how spacious the place is - it has a deck in addition to the ample inside seating. We are already talking about returning soon.Special Features:
- Very disappointing...BillDined on 9/12/2014I've had better Mexican food at a chain restaurant.
- KTcocoDined on 9/6/2014Great for groups of friends looking for a fun night out. The atmospher is very festive & food is good. Service was great and waiters were attentive. The upstairs turns into a happening bar/dance scene late night with a line down the block to get in. Make a dinner reservation later in the evening & you get to experience both.Special Features:
- El Centro Wins again!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2014I traditionally have gone to El Centro on 14th Street, but the Georgetown restaurant is just as yummy. It's a smaller venue but still has the ambiance of the original.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchlucgooseDined on 8/31/2014Had an amazing time, and the service was great. The churros were some of the best I have ever had!Special Features:
- Friendly and funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014All of the staff members especially Giselle and the other bartender were super friendly. Guacamole, salsa and spicy margaritas were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of tacoslck143VIPDined on 8/29/2014They have so many different kinds of tacos! You'll definitely find one that you'll like. The chips and salsa were really good, but they were taken away as soon our meals were, so we felt a bit rushed to get out of there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a fun brunchRestaurantShDined on 8/24/2014Went here for brunch with my girlfriends. You can do all you can eat and drink, or all you can eat. Wasn't the biggest fan of this because on their website it seems like you can order a la carte, and we didn't really want to drink that much but the drinks are $10 each so we ended up just doing bottomless. Food was really good- try the churros!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diners BewareCC12VIPDined on 8/22/2014Again, El Centro disappoints. We were seated on top of each other. The food was cold. The server was missing most of the time. Our main dish plates were not removed by the time our dessert came. We still had no silverware or small plates after several requests. Our dessert melted before anyone brought us them. I really hoped my previous visit was just a fluke, but am now sure El Centro is just not a good restaurant anymore. DINERS BEWARE.
- Great for Brunch!alexxx101VIPDined on 8/17/2014I am from Mexico City and the brunch menu is as good as it gets for authentic Mexican food in DC! Service is friendly. The tacos are great and they don't pack them with two tortillas as most places do. The lengua is cooked perfect. The guacamole is bland but if you mix it with the red salsa then it becomes a lot better. The huevos divorciados and chilaquiles are spot on. The micheladas can get pretty tart because they are mostly mix and no beer. So, just get a tecate on the side and add it to the michelada and it will fix it. The place is always packed for brunch on Sunday so expect a bit of a wait to get the first round of items but after that, smooth sailing! Don't forget to ask the server to bring a side of the salsa de chile habanero.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- come hungry!worldwidedinerDined on 8/17/2014The unlimited brunch is excellent! Our waiter was very attentive and provided some great recommendations. If you aren't hungry, then don't come for the Sunday unlimited brunch.Special Features:
- Fun, lively and excellent food.LkshawDined on 8/9/2014Great time with awesome choice of tequilas. We had a fun birthday celebration with lots of drinks, apps and laughs. Bartender was knowledgeable about drinks and experimentation with requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - not so great service!DCFoodie33Dined on 8/3/2014Loved the food here. The service was poor though. Waiter was unfriendly and really disengaged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love El CentronicholjoDined on 8/2/2014I love El Centro. The drinks, tacos, and side dishes make this one of the BEST Mexican restaurants in DC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vibrant, tasty funRomarayDined on 8/2/2014If delicious Margaritas, late night revelry accompanied by tasty south of the border nourishment, this could be the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good FoodFoodloveVIPDined on 8/1/2014Had dinner here for the first time recently. All in all, good food, but not amazing. I expected more flavor from the made-tableside guacamole, avocados were not really ripe and we asked for medium spice, but it was all a little flavorless. Nice presentation for entrees, tacos in their little slots so easy to pick up, and generous portions, but all in all, again lacking in flavor. Odd super spicy (cheese?) sauce on side. Clientele skews young, so it's a little loud. Not sure I'll hurry back to this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of fun!DcdinerDined on 7/25/2014Went with family this time and friends once before. Had a great time on both occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceChelseaKDined on 7/20/2014Been wanting to try El Centro (Georgetown) for their bottomless brunch. Was very disappointed. The food was fine. The service we received was terrible. We were seated right away, but after 10 mins went by & no one had come to our table to greet us or take drink orders, I had to flag someone down. Brunch is small plates... But it was taking AT LEAST 15 mins between each plate after we ordered. Very slow service. In between plates the food runners kept bringing us other tables' orders. This happened at least 3 times. It was very confusing, & often we never received what we ACTUALLY ordered, and ended up having to re-order or just order something else. The restaur was busy but not so much to elicit this type of service. Would not recommend.
- Very Nice Experienceborn2travelDined on 7/19/2014We were a party of seven, one of us having a severe gluten intolerance. We enjoyed sampling several items from the brunch menu. The gluten free options were plentiful, and the waiter was knowledgable. It was a wonderful experience for all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch food just okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014So this is my second visit to El Centro in Georgetown, but my first time for brunch. All you can eat for $35 seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. Unfortunately I couldn't drink since I was the designated driver and my wife is pregnant so I can't comment on the brunch drinks. This did decrease the price through to $25 per person. The food was OK. Maybe my expectations were too high as I had been here for lunch before and thought the food was excellent. Definitely get the guacamole, get the beef tongue tacos, and definitely get the carne asada, and the churros. Everything else is just ok. In my opinion, go to Zengo's for better AYCE brunch. I must add that the service was excellent. Our waiter just seemed to showed up at the right timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend for brunch!draluvDined on 7/13/2014Brunch is all you can eat, all you can drink, and even features a Bloody Maria - or a Bloody Mary, but with tequila. Our waitress started us off with guacamole and quesadillas right when we got there, and was very attentive and helpful! The ambience is enchanting, with very cool decor and comfortable seating. The food was also very tasty. Go check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Right!MangiabeneDined on 7/12/2014Mexican restaurants in DC lean towards either simply taco establishments or the higher-end modern-Mexican-fusion. El Centro is one of those in-between places where you can still have all your Mexican-American favorites and more! The food was just right, fresh ingredients, and well portioned. We especially liked the guacamole made table-side. The restaurant itself is also quite hip, and the bathroom on the second floor is unlike any other. As a side note, the service was quite rushed, and like many places in Georgetown, you've come to expect that the staff will have a holier-than-thou attitude. That was the only thing that detracted from the otherwise excellent meal!Special Features:
- ServiceBethVIPDined on 7/12/20145 stars to our waiter for prompt, polite and proactive service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mexicanbehappy26VIPDined on 7/11/2014the place is loud, the music is loud, but the food more than makes up for it. the hostess was a bit rude and cold but the server couldnt have been nicer. the salsa was amazing and the chips hot right out of the fryer. the guacamole portion was large, very fresh, loved that they mixed it at the table. the margaritas however were just okay, didn't taste very fresh, typical sweet and sour mix, and the spicy margarita wasn't very spicy, it was much too sweet. the strawberry was good, but still a little on the sweet side. my chipotle shrimp were delicious, wonderful creamy cheesy white rice. fun place with good food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014I liked the taste of the food and the ambience more at the DC location. I was here for brunch several months ago. I sat upstairs and really enjoyed the food, drinks and ambience.Special Features:
- The following 149 reviews are from the El Centro D.F. - Georgetown reviews archive.
- Perfect portionsMadelineDined on 7/7/2014Generally when eating out, especially at Mexican restaurants, you get an over the top, in digestive heap of food. Here, the serving sizes were perfect and the prices were fair and most importantly everything was absolutely delicious with gorgeous presentation. Will be going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulesVIPDined on 6/21/2014First time there. I normally don't really like D.C. but this brunch alone made me fall in love with it. I will be there every Saturday and/or Sunday that I'm in the city!Special Features:
- Decent food and nice ambiencedcfoodieDined on 6/20/2014The food this time around was alright. Unfortunately the guacomole had a bit too much lime juice. Also, wish they could hve seated me when I arrived. The policy that your whole party has to be there is unnecessary. Hostess was very adamant about the policy even though the dining area was pretty empty. Otherwise had a solid dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining & Sangria RojaTahoeFoodWineDined on 6/19/2014Great place to take some friends or coworkers (I have done both). The guacamole, queso, and seviche are spectacular - one would be able to make a tasty and satisfying visit just off their small plates. The Sangria Roja is amazing and should only be ordered by the carafe. Amazing food and drinks - the wait staff are always a little aloof, but it is with a deliberate intent to leave one with an uninterrupted experience. So some queuing into the wait staff may be the only real work one must do when enjoying a most pleasantr meal or evening drinks at El Centro. Truly an amazing place - great food, drinks, and a pleasant atmosphere. Reservations are strongly encouraged as walk-ins may have some wait time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit for brunch, loved ittgindcVIPDined on 6/15/2014On Father's Day, we made our second visit to El Centro D.F. for brunch. Much better service this time, though still seems discombobulated at opening time. Just takes them a while to get their act together. But after that, it was just great. At one time, one of the servers told us that two of the three agua frescas were gone and it would be a long time before they made more. I found that hard to believe, but she did find another batch of the watermelon agua fresca, which I think is the best of the three. Love how fresh everything the food is.Special Features:
- Great SpotfarideDined on 6/14/2014I came here because I knew they had great guacamole, and they did. The guacamole was delicious. I also ordered the steak salad which was very tasty, except for the steak. The steak was extra well done, I mean like one side was burnt. I just went ahead and enjoyed my salad because I don't like complaining unless there is a bug on my food. Anyways, service was great and prompt. I will deff be back, but this time I will tell the server to make sure the steak is not burnt. Music was great too, and I liked the patio area.Special Features: