El Centro D.F. - Georgetown
1218 Wisconsin Ave.
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $30 and under
El Centro D.F. - Georgetown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.richardsandoval.com/elcentrogtown/
- Phone: (202) 333-4100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 10:30am - 3:00am, Sunday: 10:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chef Chad Weise
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Year round back patio with heaters.
10 PM-2 AM | Every Wednesday
Free Salsa lessons from 9-10PM
Salsa | Merengue | Bachata | Top 40 | Samba
No cover | $5 Margaritas
- Special Events: Please contact Alyssa Stanton at email@example.com for all the details. We'll help you select times and menus just right for your gathering. We look forward to hearing from you!
A word from El Centro D.F. - Georgetown
Chef Richard Sandoval invites you to gather, dine and raise a glass at El Centro, D.F. Authentic Mexican comfort food and fine Tequilas are served in three vibrant spaces.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Centro D.F. - Georgetown reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (65)vibrant bar scene (56)fit for foodies (46)hot spot (46)great for brunch (45)neighborhood gem (40)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (22)late-night find (18)special occasion (18)romantic (8)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fabulous all-you-can-eat brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Really cool architecture and decor, delicious food, good service. The $25 all-you-can-eat brunch was fabulous for my group of six friends. Everything comes tapas style, and they literally will just keep bringing as much as you ask for of whatever you ask for, including desserts. Just be warned that everyone at your table will need to choose the bottomless option since the food is shareable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at very affordable prices.FFRegularVIPDined on 11/22/2014Super food and super service. We go regularly because we live very close by. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want Mexican food in GTown, don't go hereFoodTravelerVIPDined on 11/20/2014This was our second trip to El Centro. We had first gone a few weeks after it had opened. At that time, we had found the service poor and the food average. We decided to revisit the restaurant to give it a second chance, but were greeted with the sad fact that nothing had really changed. The Maitre'd was rude when we asked to be seated in a booth. She eventually gave us the table we wanted but she wasn't immediately willing to give it to us. We then sat down and ordered our food. We ordered guacamole as an appetizer and then the Baja fish tacos and the steak fajitas to share for the main course. As was the case the first time we went to El Centro, the guacamole was terrible. We had to ask for lime and salt, which we mixed ourselves, to make it edible. While the fajitas were fine, when the tacos showed up, they did not look or taste like fish. When our waiter finally came by to see how we were doing, we asked about the tacos and he told us he had served us the cactus tacos! When we told him we had ordered the fish tacos, he told us that we had in fact ordered the cactus tacos! He did not offer to correct the order or adjust the bill. The service then took so long we decided we did not want any dessert and just asked for the bill -- which all took much longer than it should have. Overall, just a terrible experience. My husband is a kind guy, so he left a tip. If it had been up to me, I would have left nothing. If this restaurant wants to survive in GTown, it needs to get its act together.
- OkGlobetrotterVIPDined on 11/20/2014Food was not very good for the price.... Would not go back again.Special Features:
- I hated your event planner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014I hated your event planner. She doesn't answer back. I called her a million times in order to plan my group reservation, but she never answered her phone. I wrote her some emails, establishing clearly what I needed, and she only answered back once asking for something that I had already explained. At the end I had to reduce the number of people invited to my reservation (on my birthday!) because I really wanted to celebrate at Centro DF. However, I wouldn't have had to change the size of my reservation if she had answered on time. i strongly recommend you to change her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here.aemirfaVIPDined on 11/12/2014First time here. Liked the atmosphere. It was quiet/Wednesday evening. Service was speedy and professional, food was good, portions were fair, and they had great HH specials. Would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- El CentroJReatsDined on 11/8/2014El Centro has excellent authentic Mexican cuisine only exceeded in quality by it's ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Mexican in DC areamgoldbergDined on 11/7/2014I absolutely love this place - sometimes the service can be slow, but this time it was perfect. We went to celebrate my birthday! The chips and salsa are great and the BBQ chicken salad is awesome!!!Special Features:
- Overall...okDSDCDined on 11/1/2014Service was excellent as was the tortilla soup. On the other hand the duck mole enchiladas were so so. The mole sauce was salty and there was way too much sauce. I understand that mole has a strong flavor. But since there was so much sauce I could not taste the duck. It might has well have been chicken which would have been cheaper. The salmon was good that my friend had.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL brunch!AlexDined on 10/26/2014I came here with a party of 20 people for brunch. The service was great! As soon as we sat down, they brought out pitchers of mimosas. EVERYTHING was good! The churros were my favorite. They come with chocolate and dulce de leche dipping sauces. Thanks for the best brunch ever!Special Features:
- Don't go here for the food!jmcmonasDined on 10/25/2014On the positive, the atmosphere is cool, location is great - it is the old 3rd edition building - and there's outdoor space when the weather's nice. The prices are also extremely reasonable for Georgetown. But the food was just OK. Nothing was terrible, but to give some examples, our food came out luke warm, the "table-side" guacamole isn't prepared at the table. It's prepared in the kitchen, brought out and then mixed with a spoon by your waiter. The enchilada tortillas were rubbery and the filling in both the chicken and the beef was just ok. Best thing we had were the churros & the goat cheese caramel dipping sauce they came with. Service was good, but if you're looking for standout food or a place to impress guests - this is not it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchlove2eatDined on 10/25/2014Delicious brunch, which includes all you can eat small plates and drinks (mimoas, bloody marys, bloody marias etc)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulFoodisGoodVIPDined on 10/19/2014From the moment we were greeted until we left our experience exceeded our expectations! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tequila Central!!BigAlDined on 10/18/2014150+ brands of Tequila. Fabulous Guacomole. Food was terrific, generous portions. Looks like a hole in the wall but a very clean and special experience. Look no further for your Latin fix.Special Features:
- Tasty as usualcasualbruncherDined on 10/15/2014The only 'critique' I have about this visit is the unanswered question as to why my salad came with a side of ketchup. Otherwise, attentive service and great food as usual.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in DCJessieDined on 10/12/2014It doesn't get much better for bottomless food and drinks for brunch. El Centro doesnt serve weak drinks or bad food, you really get the best of the best.Special Features:
- El Centro Restaurant GeorgetownvbreslowVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was a referral from our concierge at our hotel and it did not disappoint. The food was wonderful, the service was great and the ambiance is energetic. Not a place for a quiet evening, but very pleasant. The tables are set fairly close together, but you could hear each other talk without any problem. I am vegan and they were very accommodating to adjusting their ingredients to help me out. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not A Good Brunch OptionFB0037FoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014I had been to El Centro for dinner and was very impressed, but will not be returning for brunch ever. What was most noteworthy as we tried to order from the menu is that our server just said 'let me bring you what we have ready,' providing us with a lot of food that didn't get eaten. The staff did make significant attempts to come up with options for one who didn't eat meat or cheese. Also, while the menu did list bottomless drinks, the mimosas did not seem to have any volume of champagne.
- Fun dinner girls night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014I went for dinner with 6 of my friends. We had a great time! Love the margarita on the rocks!! Salsa and chips:). Lot of fun, food was really good. I recommend this place! The outdoor patio is really nice too:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for all occasionsBuenoDined on 9/27/2014I went to a Centro with five other friends for a Saturday evening dinner. We wanted to find a place with outdoor seating good Mexican food and good drinks. We found all of those that El Centro. One thing we didn't like was that they tried to rush us off our table because there was a reservation behind us. It would've been nice to be able to finish at our own pace. Other than that I would definitely go back again and recommend it to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre; felt very rushedLizzieVIPDined on 9/20/2014We felt very rushed in and out. Very little attention from waiter (he was fine but certainly not trying to cater to us or help us with the menu, etc.). You could tell they wanted to get you in and out as fast as possible. Very popular with the Georgetown undergrad crew -- probably won't go back there again. Funny thing is, the 14th Street location feels very similar (minus the bros from Gtown). But, decent food and pretty reasonably priced.
- AMAZING!foodie1990Dined on 9/14/2014I was in from Chicago this past weekend and stopped there for brunch on Sunday. The $35 all you can eat, all you can drink is the best deal out there. The food is amazing and you get to try so many different dishes. Love love love this place! Might make a trip back just to eat here again! Our server Caitlin was also pretty awesome!Special Features:
- Great food and spacious80FStFoodieDined on 9/13/2014My boyfriend and I had an early dinner at 6:00 last Saturday before an 8:00 concert and were pleasantly surprised, as neither of us had been there before. We were seated and served quickly and our server, a young lady, was very personable and attentive. The food was delicious. I had duck tacos and my boyfriend had the chipotle shrimp. We were seated upstairs and realized how spacious the place is - it has a deck in addition to the ample inside seating. We are already talking about returning soon.Special Features:
- Very disappointing...BillDined on 9/12/2014I've had better Mexican food at a chain restaurant.
- KTcocoDined on 9/6/2014Great for groups of friends looking for a fun night out. The atmospher is very festive & food is good. Service was great and waiters were attentive. The upstairs turns into a happening bar/dance scene late night with a line down the block to get in. Make a dinner reservation later in the evening & you get to experience both.Special Features:
- El Centro Wins again!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2014I traditionally have gone to El Centro on 14th Street, but the Georgetown restaurant is just as yummy. It's a smaller venue but still has the ambiance of the original.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchlucgooseDined on 8/31/2014Had an amazing time, and the service was great. The churros were some of the best I have ever had!Special Features:
- Friendly and funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014All of the staff members especially Giselle and the other bartender were super friendly. Guacamole, salsa and spicy margaritas were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of tacoslck143VIPDined on 8/29/2014They have so many different kinds of tacos! You'll definitely find one that you'll like. The chips and salsa were really good, but they were taken away as soon our meals were, so we felt a bit rushed to get out of there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a fun brunchRestaurantShDined on 8/24/2014Went here for brunch with my girlfriends. You can do all you can eat and drink, or all you can eat. Wasn't the biggest fan of this because on their website it seems like you can order a la carte, and we didn't really want to drink that much but the drinks are $10 each so we ended up just doing bottomless. Food was really good- try the churros!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diners BewareCC12VIPDined on 8/22/2014Again, El Centro disappoints. We were seated on top of each other. The food was cold. The server was missing most of the time. Our main dish plates were not removed by the time our dessert came. We still had no silverware or small plates after several requests. Our dessert melted before anyone brought us them. I really hoped my previous visit was just a fluke, but am now sure El Centro is just not a good restaurant anymore. DINERS BEWARE.
- Great for Brunch!alexxx101VIPDined on 8/17/2014I am from Mexico City and the brunch menu is as good as it gets for authentic Mexican food in DC! Service is friendly. The tacos are great and they don't pack them with two tortillas as most places do. The lengua is cooked perfect. The guacamole is bland but if you mix it with the red salsa then it becomes a lot better. The huevos divorciados and chilaquiles are spot on. The micheladas can get pretty tart because they are mostly mix and no beer. So, just get a tecate on the side and add it to the michelada and it will fix it. The place is always packed for brunch on Sunday so expect a bit of a wait to get the first round of items but after that, smooth sailing! Don't forget to ask the server to bring a side of the salsa de chile habanero.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- come hungry!worldwidedinerDined on 8/17/2014The unlimited brunch is excellent! Our waiter was very attentive and provided some great recommendations. If you aren't hungry, then don't come for the Sunday unlimited brunch.Special Features:
- Fun, lively and excellent food.LkshawDined on 8/9/2014Great time with awesome choice of tequilas. We had a fun birthday celebration with lots of drinks, apps and laughs. Bartender was knowledgeable about drinks and experimentation with requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - not so great service!DCFoodie33Dined on 8/3/2014Loved the food here. The service was poor though. Waiter was unfriendly and really disengaged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love El CentronicholjoDined on 8/2/2014I love El Centro. The drinks, tacos, and side dishes make this one of the BEST Mexican restaurants in DC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vibrant, tasty funRomarayDined on 8/2/2014If delicious Margaritas, late night revelry accompanied by tasty south of the border nourishment, this could be the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good FoodFoodloveVIPDined on 8/1/2014Had dinner here for the first time recently. All in all, good food, but not amazing. I expected more flavor from the made-tableside guacamole, avocados were not really ripe and we asked for medium spice, but it was all a little flavorless. Nice presentation for entrees, tacos in their little slots so easy to pick up, and generous portions, but all in all, again lacking in flavor. Odd super spicy (cheese?) sauce on side. Clientele skews young, so it's a little loud. Not sure I'll hurry back to this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 160 reviews are from the El Centro D.F. - Georgetown reviews archive.
- Lots of fun!DcdinerDined on 7/25/2014Went with family this time and friends once before. Had a great time on both occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceChelseaKDined on 7/20/2014Been wanting to try El Centro (Georgetown) for their bottomless brunch. Was very disappointed. The food was fine. The service we received was terrible. We were seated right away, but after 10 mins went by & no one had come to our table to greet us or take drink orders, I had to flag someone down. Brunch is small plates... But it was taking AT LEAST 15 mins between each plate after we ordered. Very slow service. In between plates the food runners kept bringing us other tables' orders. This happened at least 3 times. It was very confusing, & often we never received what we ACTUALLY ordered, and ended up having to re-order or just order something else. The restaur was busy but not so much to elicit this type of service. Would not recommend.