El Caserio Silver Lake
401 Silver Lake Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
El Caserio Silver Lake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elcaseriola.com/
- Phone: 2132738945
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: William Velasco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from El Caserio Silver Lake
Taste the coastal flavors of Ecuador, Peru and Colombia at El Caserio Silver Lake. A culinary experience, in a sophisticated environment, El Caserio offers an exotic blend of native ingredients, the best cuts of prime beef and lamb, plus a touch from the Old World from Genoa Armando Ragii Chef de Cuisine.Continued
Una Experiencia Deliciosa.
Una Experiencia Deliciosa.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Caserio Silver Lake reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Gathering PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2013We had dinner with friends from all over that hadn't seen each other for months! Great drinks, excellent fresh food from land and sea, great drinks and wonderful service. Our South Silverlake neighborhood secret.Special Features:
- Warm and pleasantLenovitDined on 10/4/2013The food were good and tasty. I ordered salmon and big portion and cooked right. My friends ordered jumbo shrimp and steak and were satisfied and tasted good. However, on wine they offered liter instead of bottled and were good about it when we clarified and asked us to have a taste of it. Wine is drinkable and don't want to return it so we went with a liter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If Only the Service Was Better!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/9/2013A lovely restaurant, with great food. The service (and I have been here three times now) was awful. How unfortunate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd Place, okay, but not specialFateoptionalDined on 5/16/2013A strange mix of Italian and Mexican cuisine, in an odd little intersection of the streets and 101 fwy. Not terrible food or a bad experience, yet the restaurant seems really torn between two identities, and menu items felt more confused than fused. Don't avoid, but if recommended as a destination, expect an unusual experience.
- Service was awful. The entireFewdie77Dined on 5/12/2013Service was awful. The entire staff seemed like they couldn't rush you out fast enough in order to get the next Mother's Day family in n out. And also they recommended the "best dish" on the menu which was a generic steak and fries. Tasted like it was from Denny's.
- El Caserio is one of my favoritePreMovieDinnerDined on 4/29/2013El Caserio is one of my favorite places. It's not too crowded. The food is great. The noise level is moderate so you can actually have a decent conversation with your party without having to compete with the next booth or table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2013The food was good, but the service was scattered. The waitress and our servers looked like they were in space. When we arrived the waitress mumbled something which I could not understand meant this other person will sit you down. This was my second time there and it was okay...Special Features:
- Pricey for the neighborhooduclalanaVIPDined on 3/1/2013Pricey for the neighborhood and a little disappointing that the lunch and dinner menu is exactly the same.
- Valentine's Day NightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013My date and I waited 2 1/2 hours to be seated with reservations and then we were forgotten about once we got to our table ( not even a glass of water). It's a very nice looking restaurant , but unfortunately their service is very subpar. I understand it was valentine's day and I hope their service isn't that bad on a regular day. Pretty bummed since I was really excited to try this spot out, but luckily there was a Mongolian BBQ spot off Sunset that saved our night .
- Exquisite Ecuadoran Comfort FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/30/2013The DineLA menu was full of Ecuadoran comfort food. The hominy both in and out of shell was delicious. The potato salad was exotic and savory, and the pork and goat - yes, goat - was tender and delicious. This is a kind of food I hadn't tried, and I would definitely recommend it. Hearty, potato and meat-based dishes with a bit of spice, and some aromatic marinades were menu highlights. You'll find here a warm woody ambiance, as if you'd been transported to Ecuador.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/24/2013Still after many years, El Caserio is one of my very favorite restaurants in LA. I particularly enjoy taking friends there to experience the unusual cuisine and the delightful atmosphere.Special Features:
- VinegarOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2013Had the insulate Silverlake. The dressing had way too much vinegar, returned the dish.Special Features:
- A bit disappointed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012A bit disappointed with the service. The ambiance was nice, but I don't think I would return here. Our reservations were not on their list. Not sure what happened with that, but we were able to find seating in less than 5 minutes; so that was good. I'm not sure if my expectations were too high or my enthusiasm was too low. Either way, not "wowed".Special Features:
- Hidden under the 101 freeway,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/17/2012Hidden under the 101 freeway, but a wonderful find in Silverlake area. Great tasting Spanish dishes excellent service. I left my wallet there! Call them and they held it for me safely. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- me and a friend came for anOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012me and a friend came for an early Saturday night dinner ... it sounded so good online (with reviews, menu, pictures, etc) but once we got there, it did not meet our expectations!!! GOOD 1) delicious spicy sauce for bread 2) nice atmosphere 3) because of chicken meal miscue (see below), they gave her a complimentary salad as she waited 4) great pasta mushroom dish BAD 1) too much on the menu, is it Latin American or Italian? 2) waitress staff were confused and two different staff approached us to take our orders 2a) once straightened out, one chicken dish was ordered and a mushroom pasta dish 3) when meal arrived, the waitress mumbled something is Spanish while neither of us understood, but assumed they messed up meat meal becaSpecial Features:
- Food was good but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/8/2012Food was good but service fell short here. While the waitresses were pleasant, they did not follow up, and even at entree's end (but after a long wait) simply presented us with our check without asking if we wanted dessert or coffee. We sat on the patio, better than the restaurant which was freezing with air conditioning (no one dining inside this evening) but some of the lights kept going off throughout the evening. I think the restaurant has good possibilities but there are too many options out there to have to endure this restaurant's inconsistencies.
- Did not have Open table reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Upon arrival, hostess reported that they didn't have our reservation via Open table. We were given a table after a couple of minutes, but we were a little nonplussed after hostess said it would be better to call for reservation instead. Why would you have an option via Open table then?! On other note, food was great and the servers were very efficient.
- Everything is good here, itsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012Everything is good here, its hard to go wrong! The food is absolutely outstanding! I recommend trying the yucca fries!Special Features:
- What a gem!Sarah454Dined on 6/17/2012Had a great meal at El Caserio! We sat on the patio and enjoyed a lovely Sunday lunch for Father's day - the lamb chops were amazing!!Special Features:
- Try the cameronesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2012Great food, outstanding service, and Nancy makes nice Martinis!Special Features:
- We enjoyed a lovely halibutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2012We enjoyed a lovely halibut with cajun spices and vegetables and the empanada appetizer. The food was well prepared and quite enjoyable. The portions are large and worth the price. The outdoor seating was perfect as the weather was warm and inviting. Our waitress was very helpful and provided us with many suggestions, including the $12 all you can drink champagne choice. I would definitely return to this hidden gem.Special Features:
- Service is not that great.HaveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/26/2012Service is not that great.Have to ask 3 times to refill for drinks.Special Features:
- waitress hardly spoke english,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/20/2012waitress hardly spoke english, not helpful, took long to respond to us.Special Features:
- The ambiance was cool, waitersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012The ambiance was cool, waiters were on point, but the menu was not appropriate for a Mother's Day brunch (which was indicated on your web-site), dinner plates were all that was offered. Now if I was there for Dinner the meals would have been awesome, which I look forward to very soon.Special Features:
- Bad experienceLa1960VIPDined on 5/12/2012The service was TERRIBLE! We were ignored for 20 minutes before anyone came to our table or acknowledged us, even give us water, much less take our order. They were "busy" on a Saturday at lunch, although half the restaurant was empty and one of the waiters was actually running full speed back and forth. I finally had to stop him from running and tell him he was making me nervous. It was an irritating and not at all relaxing weekend lunch. The place is very nice, the food was good, but I would not go back.Special Features:
- The food is incredible andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2012The food is incredible and the service is very good. Great ambiance!Special Features:
- Charming ambiance (SpanishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012Charming ambiance (Spanish colonial) and nice idea (Ecuadorean food). The food just misses-- could be very good. The Ceviche was very good, but too much shrimp (overcooked) and not enough fish (which was perfect-- this dish would have been great if it were just fish). Vongole lacked flavor though the clams were good. Halibut Tricolore could have been excellent, however, the fish was overcooked. Rice and plantains were stellar. Service was friendly but ultimately no better than OK. Lovely atmosphere and family feel could make this a great find, with a little twekaing of the food.Special Features:
- A++ and 5 Star find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2012Wasnt exactly sure what to expect for Brunch, but on Easter Sunday this place was A++ and 5 Star Food at a very reasonable price for the portion sizes. I modified a few things in my order and it came out perfectly. The Ventana Pinot Noir was outstanding and delicious!Special Features:
- Very nice!GinnaVIPDined on 4/5/2012The ecuadorian food is fantastic, the taste of the Easter Special Fanesca was incredible, they only lacked on the tiny pastries that are a part of the original in Ecuador. Passionfruit juice was amazing. Totally recommend it, affordable, great ecuadorian food.Special Features:
- Okay but not the real dealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/25/2012Being from Ecuador I expected more, but the food was okay. They tried hard but it didn't meet the authetic standard I had expected. I drove from far away to dine here, so I probably would not return.
- Wait staff was very nice butTomWVIPDined on 2/3/2012Wait staff was very nice but service was a bit slow. Once the food started coming out to the table, it all came a little too close together. I will definitely try it again.Special Features:
- We ordered off of the dineLAOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2012We ordered off of the dineLA menu and it was rather disappointing. The service was rather slow throughout the night, it took them a while to bring out bread and we had to ask multiple times before they finally brought out some more. My biggest critique is the entrees. Every dish we ordered was over cooked. We ordered all 3 dishes off the dineLA menu, which included the halibut, pork chops, and potato cakes with spare ribs. The pork was really tough and chewy, the halibut was dried out, and the spare ribs were a little dry as well. Although the flavors were good, the poorly cooked food made the dinner experience rather poor. I probably would not come back and try it again.
- It started a little rockyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/27/2012It started a little rocky as when we walked in the restaurant was packed, the hostess did see us but did not acknowledge us, another couple walks in and they immediately greet them as if we were invisible, it still took them awhile to greet us at this point. We finally got acknowledged and waited to get seated. Once we were seated our appetizer came really quickly, our drinks took awhile. We ordered dinner, food was great!! Overall we enjoyed our dinner, the restaurant was extremely busy which may have contributed to some of the above; we like this restaurant and will go back we just hope that the staff that knows that 'rushing' doesn't translate to good service and not so good experience to patrons.
- "Just Us" Birthday Dinner for HubbyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2012Delicious & generous entrees, the empanadas are a must & so too the lengua (beef tongue) entree. A casual intimate setting with a hint of romance. Indoor seating is like being a guest at an old fashioned Spanish home. Nice romantic music - would have been perfect if the volume was a tad lower. This is a great place for couples who would like a "nice" intimate dining experience where you don't need to dress up to fit in. Also great for family dinners or small groups. It's location in an obscure quiet neighborhood adds to the charm.Special Features:
- Food is really great, thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/13/2012Food is really great, there are 2 of these, the other one is sort of in a run down neighborhood and has 0 ambiance but imho better food (I have no idea why since obviously they have the same owner) this one is a little nicer and has a nice little patio area but unfortunately it was ruined by a large party the night I was there. That may have also affected the very hard to find wait staff. I give the run down one 4.5 stars, but this one 3 for the less tasty food and noisy environment.Special Features:
- Try the lentil soup!MadMaddyVIPDined on 1/11/2012What's very good here is their soups - 1 bowl is enough for 2 - as your entire dinner. Recommend the lentil soup, #1. Tried the meat, a steak, was OK but pricy considering the quality of the meat.Special Features:
- There are so few EcuadorianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/9/2011There are so few Ecuadorian restaurants and this one is a gem! Having grown up in Ecuador, it is a treat to fo find foods that remind me of that time and place. Especially good are the ceviche, humitas, llapingacho, locro and of course the aji. The staff are delightful and provide great service. Love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Have been there three timesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/3/2011Have been there three times already and haven't been disappointed by the food at all. the Spanish/Ecuadorian atmosphere transports you to a totally romantic vibe! really classy and lovely service!Special Features:
- Convenient location, interestingBelAirVIPDined on 11/15/2011Convenient location, interesting Ecuadorean/Italian food - "gelato" for dessert was awful
- South American FoodethelredVIPDined on 11/10/2011This was our second time to El Caserio silver Lke. We went during Restaurant Week and had a wondrful meal so came with friends for dinner before theatre downtown. The food again was superb-- tasty, ethnic South American food that I have no t had elsewhere. Not an eas resturant to find since access is off Silver Lake Blvd.Special Features: