El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar
15 NE 2nd Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elcaminodelray.com/
- Phone: 5618655350x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Victor Meneses
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please provide a 24 hour notice for all your catering needs.
A word from El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar
El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila BarContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (82)hot spot (76)neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (36)late-night find (29)great for lunch (25)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (10)special occasion (9)great for brunch (6)scenic view (6)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Great place for dinner/drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2014Great location and ambiance. Busy bar, with interesting beers (how often do you get a jalapeno-infused beer?). Good guacamole, smoked brisket tacos and fajitas. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Average FoodTennisnutDined on 10/18/2014We had reservations for 6:30 on a Saturday night. The restaurant was already very busy, so I recommend reservations. We were greeted warmly and seated promptly. The atmosphere in the restaurant is lively. The bar is huge and unique as is the decor of the restaurant. However, it is very loud, so if you want to hear the people talking next to you, sit close. The sangria I had was really tasty as was the guacamole. However my husband and I were disappointed with the tacos. We both chose the "pick 3" option. I had the first three tacos on the menu which were fish, shrimp, and chicken. They were uninspiring and not anything I would recommend to friends. My husband felt the same way. Will try something else IF we return.Special Features:
- A must visit in Delray BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014The food is delicious and FRESH! Nothing processed. Margaritas were the best we've ever had. Expansive selection of tequilas, friendly and knowledgeable wait staff and manager who ensures that everyone has a enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Unique RestaurantAndyVIPDined on 10/17/2014We tried this restaurant on a whim and could not believe how unique it is on the inside and how awesome the service was. The food was pretty good as well. Although we didn't particularly like the cheese dip since it was thickened melted cheese rather than queso, the entrees and desert were great. The marguritas were the best I've had in south FLA. We highly recommend El Camino for an awesome dining experience.Special Features:
- Too loud, too large and too littleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The chicharrones were too, too large to share as an appetizer but tasted good. The fish taco has a single piece of fish. The blood orange margarita was weak. And the place was too loud to carry on a conversation. The food had a good flavor but that couldn't overcome the problems.
- LuvtoeatDined on 10/16/2014Third time to this restaurant. Love the food, this particular server was not up to par, chips soggy, but anyone can have an off night. Would definately go back again. Noisy but not obnoxiously so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New and notablebocalocalDined on 10/16/2014tacos great, many choices- I recommend the ground beef soft tacos or choose three different ones for variety, the burrito was huge- brisket probably best and you should get a medal if you finish it! Recommend regular not spicy guacamole as the spicy is too hot.Special Features:
- Great night out with friendsJoeJoeDined on 10/10/2014We had a fun night with friends and our families! Great food and drinks! The service was fabulous and we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AmazingGigiVIPDined on 10/3/2014Celebrating my birthday nothing but amazing... Food was great... Drinks were different and pleasing... Services was impeccable... Rocco who???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time Will Go BackSeidelsprayco1VIPDined on 10/1/2014This was our first time to "El". Food was great. Everything freshly prepared to order. We tried 3 different Taco's all great and a mixed fajita. Also great. Portions sizes are good and after splitting between 2 of us, we were satisfied without an appetizer. Known for Margarita's, they were good but not outstanding, plus a little pricey at $9 each, had a lot of ice to mask smallish pour. They have a Margarita Monday deal at $3 and I would say at that price they are outstanding! Very loud so be prepared. Our server was phenominal, recommendations were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican and margaritasLalalenaDined on 9/30/2014My fiancé and I love this place. We bring our friends here and family because they all love good Mexican food and good drinks. I love the chili guava margarita and the tacos are so good. Also the guac is very good. It's right on the ave so you can walk around after dinner. Highly recommend el camino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taco TuesdayWendySVIPDined on 9/30/2014This is the place to go for Taco Tuesday with $2 tacos, which are consistently tasty. This time we had carnitas, barbacoa, fish and carne asada. We had the spicy guacamole and it did not disappoint. We stay away from the overpriced and small margaritas (which are very good). They have reasonably priced wines by the glass for $7 and $9 sangria. Service was good. The restaurant is always busy on Tuesday nights so it is loud and difficult to hear others at the table.Special Features:
- Tuesday's $2 for Taco is a greatjimmexDined on 9/30/2014Tacos are very good!! Those are real Mexican tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotCaitV8685VIPDined on 9/29/2014Went for margarita Monday - $3 regular margaritas which were excellent! Fresh tortilla chips and salsa, delicious skillet queso and taco sampler. Service was great even though they were busy. Loved it!Special Features:
- Disappointed!!!FridaynightdateDined on 9/26/2014This was our fourth time to dine here. Our other three times were outstanding...great drinks and great food. This time, the drinks were still great, but the food was terrible. The cheese enchiladas were delivered cold and had very little cheese. Since the waiter was very busy with other customers, we did not have him take the food back. Since the drinks and guacamole are delicious, we will return. Probably won't be getting an entrée.Special Features:
- no longer the dameOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014I have been going to el camino for a while now. This last time, service was horrible. They even changed the way the make some of their food and didn't even communicate it
- Everything was amazing!HoffyVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was our first visit and we can't wait to come back. The tacos are delicious and the margaritas are perfect. The shrimp taco and pork bell taco were incredible! Our service was fantastic and the hostess was incredibly accommodating when we asked to push our reservation back 30 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican AroundCarolbropVIPDined on 9/16/2014Authentic and delicious from the Margarita's to the Salsa, this is my new fave place for Margarita's and Mexican food :-)Special Features:
- Consistently Good!foodiesforlifeDined on 9/14/2014Every time we've been here we've had a great meal, not to mention yummy margaritas. Service is always attentive but not intrusive. We had Sara both times as our server and she was terrific. We highly recommend the brisket quesadillas and guacamole. Will definitely be back again and again.....Special Features:
- Had a great time!!LadfloridaDined on 9/13/2014We loved this restaurant! There are very few barely decent Mexican restaurants in our area but this one was not only good, but excellent, an elevated version. The service was great - the hostesses were very accommodating, the waitress was very knowledgeable & the manager even checked in to see how things were going although they were slammed. We loved the cool decor too which contributed to the atmosphere which is really laid back, lively and fun! It isn't a place you'd go for a quiet, romantic dinner because it's pretty loud, but it's a tequila bar after all. It gets pretty crowded & can get tight so be prepared to befriend your neighbor. We are looking forward to going back with friends as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!seekingsunDined on 9/13/2014Food was great... drinks were unusual and fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfullKornradDined on 9/10/2014We where on vacation from Germany and allways Looking for new Restaurants!!!!! We love Mexican Food and is was awsome!!!!! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tacos in TownjimmexDined on 9/9/2014Being a Mexican living in the area for more than 15 years, for the first time I can eat "real" Mexican food! The tacos are real tacos, with soft corn tortillas and have a nice variety of them. Although I'm not a Tequila fan, they have an extensive list of Tequilas, and some good selection of beers and craft beers as well.Special Features:
- best Mexican spot in DelrayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2014Best Mexican spot in Delray. Great food. Amazing drinks and people there are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotFLBoyWonderVIPDined on 9/2/2014This place is a great after work place. It's got a cool vibe and the food is good too. Also Tuesday is Taco Tuesday's where they have $2 tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place for Happy Hourshellygizmo86Dined on 9/2/2014Always great food , with the new added happy hour menu even better on the budget.Special Features:
- Good food good pricesJust4funVIPDined on 9/1/2014I even got a call back to see how I liked the Resturant! Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mas buenoSpramwiseDined on 8/31/2014Very good flights of mezcal and the taco platters were unbelievable. Have not had mole poblano that good since I was in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- nice surprise!billwpbDined on 8/31/2014Had lunch for the first time at El Camino. The finish out in the space was great, the service was very attentive, the tequila list was as extensive as anywhere as I have been, and the food was much better than expected. I will be sure to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinksDelrayZekeDined on 8/29/2014Authentic Mexican with Excelent Tequila selection. The Mango Chili Margarita is amazing.Special Features:
- Best Delary MexicanCleanEaterVIPDined on 8/29/2014The ingredients are fresh and the flavors are real. Quite moderate pricing for good food on the Avenue in Delray.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPICYYYYYYYLove2EatVIPDined on 8/26/2014Came for a b-day celebration after enjoying the sampling at the Tastemakers Event. Table was ready for our 6pm arrival. Svc was slower than expected at this time, but we were w/company, so it didn't bother us. Several dishes were very spicy, so we'll know to mention that for next time. Portions were great!!! Looking forward to next time now that we know what to order~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Mexican GrubScroobiusDined on 8/24/2014Great character, fun place for drinks and good mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crowdedlondonDined on 8/23/2014When we arrived, they tried to seat us at a table in the sun, the heat index was very high that night and we told them, absolutely not. They did find us another table..The food was very good, service good, for me this is a more casual, bar typel eatery, alot of people in shorts, and very noisy. If you want a more romantic, quiet night its not for you. More of a bar scene place with great food..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best find in a whileYammaDined on 8/16/2014I was very impressed with the entire experience. Seated before our 7:15 reservation, waiter arrived immediately, food was fantastic. The bar is slow... we waited quite a bit of time for round 2 drinks.Special Features:
- Just So-SoDelrayDollVIPDined on 8/16/2014Lively restaurant but really loud, hard to hear companions. Thought the food was just so-so. My enchiladas seemed to be soft tortilla folded over some cooked, cubed chicken with not even browned cheese on top. Hubby had tacos, again not great. Friend had quesadilla. All pretty tasteless -- had to put some of the sauce on top to get some flavor. Blueberry & peach sangrias were ok -- too much ice. Glad we tried it, won't go back.
- ExcellentkimmerieDined on 8/10/2014Loved everything (and everyone i.e. Sam our waiter) about this place!Special Features:
- Margaritas and Tacos!JenabellaDined on 8/10/2014We had the standard and pomegranate margaritas and both were outstanding. We tried most of the tacos, but the shrimp taco was by far the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately it is was too hot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We went on a summer night..no A/C or fans so some of us were really really hot. Would go back when it's cooler.Special Features:
- Best Mexican foodifalcoVIPDined on 8/6/2014Love, love, love the food the bar the ambience. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.