El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar
15 NE 2nd Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elcaminodelray.com/
- Phone: 5618655350x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Victor Meneses
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please provide a 24 hour notice for all your catering needs.
A word from El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar
El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila BarContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (77)hot spot (67)neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (37)late-night find (28)great for lunch (26)great for outdoor dining (16)kid-friendly (14)special occasion (14)great for brunch (9)scenic view (5)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Best Mexican AroundCarolbropVIPDined on 9/16/2014Authentic and delicious from the Margarita's to the Salsa, this is my new fave place for Margarita's and Mexican food :-)Special Features:
- Had a great time!!LadfloridaDined on 9/13/2014We loved this restaurant! There are very few barely decent Mexican restaurants in our area but this one was not only good, but excellent, an elevated version. The service was great - the hostesses were very accommodating, the waitress was very knowledgeable & the manager even checked in to see how things were going although they were slammed. We loved the cool decor too which contributed to the atmosphere which is really laid back, lively and fun! It isn't a place you'd go for a quiet, romantic dinner because it's pretty loud, but it's a tequila bar after all. It gets pretty crowded & can get tight so be prepared to befriend your neighbor. We are looking forward to going back with friends as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!seekingsunDined on 9/13/2014Food was great... drinks were unusual and fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfullKornradDined on 9/10/2014We where on vacation from Germany and allways Looking for new Restaurants!!!!! We love Mexican Food and is was awsome!!!!! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tacos in TownjimmexDined on 9/9/2014Being a Mexican living in the area for more than 15 years, for the first time I can eat "real" Mexican food! The tacos are real tacos, with soft corn tortillas and have a nice variety of them. Although I'm not a Tequila fan, they have an extensive list of Tequilas, and some good selection of beers and craft beers as well.Special Features:
- best Mexican spot in DelrayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2014Best Mexican spot in Delray. Great food. Amazing drinks and people there are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotFLBoyWonderVIPDined on 9/2/2014This place is a great after work place. It's got a cool vibe and the food is good too. Also Tuesday is Taco Tuesday's where they have $2 tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place for Happy Hourshellygizmo86Dined on 9/2/2014Always great food , with the new added happy hour menu even better on the budget.Special Features:
- Good food good pricesJust4funVIPDined on 9/1/2014I even got a call back to see how I liked the Resturant! Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mas buenoSpramwiseDined on 8/31/2014Very good flights of mezcal and the taco platters were unbelievable. Have not had mole poblano that good since I was in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- nice surprise!billwpbDined on 8/31/2014Had lunch for the first time at El Camino. The finish out in the space was great, the service was very attentive, the tequila list was as extensive as anywhere as I have been, and the food was much better than expected. I will be sure to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinksDelrayZekeDined on 8/29/2014Authentic Mexican with Excelent Tequila selection. The Mango Chili Margarita is amazing.Special Features:
- Best Delary MexicanCleanEaterVIPDined on 8/29/2014The ingredients are fresh and the flavors are real. Quite moderate pricing for good food on the Avenue in Delray.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPICYYYYYYYLove2EatVIPDined on 8/26/2014Came for a b-day celebration after enjoying the sampling at the Tastemakers Event. Table was ready for our 6pm arrival. Svc was slower than expected at this time, but we were w/company, so it didn't bother us. Several dishes were very spicy, so we'll know to mention that for next time. Portions were great!!! Looking forward to next time now that we know what to order~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Mexican GrubScroobiusDined on 8/24/2014Great character, fun place for drinks and good mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crowdedlondonDined on 8/23/2014When we arrived, they tried to seat us at a table in the sun, the heat index was very high that night and we told them, absolutely not. They did find us another table..The food was very good, service good, for me this is a more casual, bar typel eatery, alot of people in shorts, and very noisy. If you want a more romantic, quiet night its not for you. More of a bar scene place with great food..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best find in a whileYammaDined on 8/16/2014I was very impressed with the entire experience. Seated before our 7:15 reservation, waiter arrived immediately, food was fantastic. The bar is slow... we waited quite a bit of time for round 2 drinks.Special Features:
- Just So-SoDelrayDollVIPDined on 8/16/2014Lively restaurant but really loud, hard to hear companions. Thought the food was just so-so. My enchiladas seemed to be soft tortilla folded over some cooked, cubed chicken with not even browned cheese on top. Hubby had tacos, again not great. Friend had quesadilla. All pretty tasteless -- had to put some of the sauce on top to get some flavor. Blueberry & peach sangrias were ok -- too much ice. Glad we tried it, won't go back.
- ExcellentkimmerieDined on 8/10/2014Loved everything (and everyone i.e. Sam our waiter) about this place!Special Features:
- Margaritas and Tacos!JenabellaDined on 8/10/2014We had the standard and pomegranate margaritas and both were outstanding. We tried most of the tacos, but the shrimp taco was by far the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately it is was too hot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We went on a summer night..no A/C or fans so some of us were really really hot. Would go back when it's cooler.Special Features:
- Best Mexican foodifalcoVIPDined on 8/6/2014Love, love, love the food the bar the ambience. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetsyBDined on 8/5/2014Would not return. Made a reservation. Waited 30 minutes to be seated.
- Awesome Ambience and FoodmorrocangoddessDined on 8/5/2014Great food ! Its officially part of our week ritual for friends now. Love it!Special Features:
- Good MexicanDelraylocal81Dined on 8/1/2014Very solid place. A bit busy, But great food and low prices for Delray Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MexicansheadbergDined on 8/1/2014Food was original and well prepared. Drink menu well crafted. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Eclectic Mexican FoodlctomchinDined on 8/1/2014Fresh ingredients make this a Mexican restaurant find. The restaurant is all open so it feels comfortable, friendly and happy. Unlike most of the restaurants in downtown Delray Beach, this one doesn't break the bank. The margaritas are real drinks not made with watery and sugary mixes, so you can actually taste the tequila, and the tequila is a better brand than most Mexican restaurants serve. The wait staff is knowledgable and friendly. The manager comes to the table and asks if all is okay. Nice ambience, great food, reasonably priced, and delicious margaritas. Would go again and again.Special Features:
- amyaimDined on 7/26/2014Great food, and atmosphere, but extremely hot!!!! They must fix air issue. We were in a full sweat. Not enjoyable and we couldn't finish our food since it was so hot. Other then that the food was good, and the service. We will not be back until winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise in the Cole SlawfoodalogueDined on 7/25/2014Ask for a side of cole slaw with your tacos -- cabbage, nopales (cactus), pickled onions, pickled jalapeños -- and pickled pork skin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bugdocedVIPDined on 7/20/2014food and service were good despite the crowded ambience the volume was more than energeticSpecial Features:
- Great Mexican, great atmosphereTmq54VIPDined on 7/18/2014This was our second time here. We were not disappointed. Brisket quesadillas and guacamole out of this world. Fajitas were great and the swordfish was also incredible. Very fun but definitely noisy so if you want to have quiet conversation, not the place to go but if you are looking for fun, vibrant night out, this is your place....and the food is great.Special Features:
- Great food long waitFancypantsDined on 7/17/2014We were seated 46 minutes after our reservation, but the food, drinks and service were all great. Would definitely recommend but just make sure you can handle the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need Better Air ConditioningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014The food and service was fabulous. We had gucamole to start and it was perfect. I had the Gulf Shrimp fajita and it delicious. Everyone in the group enjoyed their meal as well.. The only complaint was that it was very hot in the place. We were 6 in a booth and we were very uncomfortable because of the heat. If you are going to have a place that is open in the front then you need to have better ac especially here in Florida. The nice thing the restaurant did was call the next day to see how we liked the place. I told the girl, that is was great but it was very hot. She was honest and said most people were complaining about that as well. We will definitely go back but not on a hot night!!Special Features:
- Good Tacos, Good BeersEthanDined on 7/11/2014First of all, you're on this site so go ahead and get a reservation, it was packed! The staff was super friendly. The service was good, although not a quick place to eat (which is a good thing!). Margarita, Tequila, and Beer selections were very nice. We ordered the tacos and they were very good. Not the best I've ever had, almost too fancy, but still very good and refined. Prices were reasonable. Like most "hot-spot" bars, it was very loud. The design was good so that there was so the waiters could flow through. We sat on the periphery of the dining room with full outdoor exposure which mitigated the noise. Excellent for a party atmosphere but would be hard to make an intimate dinner. We'll be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican in Delray BeachcaretoeatDined on 7/11/2014This was such a fun place to go with friends. Just love the homemade hot sauce, I think we put it on everything....the Queso Fundido is a standout as is the Octopus!! Don't miss the Mexican Street Corn....One afternoon we went for lunch and were there for the great happy hour with $2 tacos, great guacamole, and Margaritas!! This is not your typical Tex-Mex type of place, very unique in both food and atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great Place!FrancolovesfoodDined on 7/10/2014I enjoyed dining at El Camino. Our waitress was friendly and the service was great ! Loved their chips and salsa too and their Margaritas are so good! I would definitely recommend this restaurant. I can see it being a place where they will get many regulars in there. Welcome to Delray Beach!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2014A hip fun spot. Great people watching. Great fresh food. Awesome house made hot sauce.Special Features:
- Good RestaurantmikepVIPDined on 7/5/2014This was a good restaurant. Not a 5 star experience in dining!!! but for the type of restaurant it was it was well worth eating at. Will recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service. Pretty good foodThamanVIPDined on 6/30/2014I like the spice and homemade hot sauce, but the service is ALWAYS lacking. Takes at least 45 mins to get your food (and that's being generous, probably more like 60 mins)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendySVIPDined on 6/29/2014Very good food at reasonable prices. Amazing margaritas starting at $9 but very small and mostly ice. I appreciate the any wine for $9 a glass. I had any 3 tacos for $14--chicken, steak and barbacoa. All were good. My husband had cheese enchildas with mole asuce and he loved it. Can't wait to return for $2 Taco Night on Tuesdays through the summer.Special Features: