El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar
15 NE 2nd Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elcaminodelray.com/
- Phone: 5618655350x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Victor Meneses
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please provide a 24 hour notice for all your catering needs.
A word from El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar
El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila BarContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
El Camino Mexican Soul Food & Tequila Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (87)hot spot (74)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (43)late-night find (31)great for lunch (29)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (15)kid-friendly (14)great for brunch (9)scenic view (8)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Best Delary MexicanCleanEaterVIPDined on 8/29/2014The ingredients are fresh and the flavors are real. Quite moderate pricing for good food on the Avenue in Delray.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPICYYYYYYYLove2EatVIPDined on 8/26/2014Came for a b-day celebration after enjoying the sampling at the Tastemakers Event. Table was ready for our 6pm arrival. Svc was slower than expected at this time, but we were w/company, so it didn't bother us. Several dishes were very spicy, so we'll know to mention that for next time. Portions were great!!! Looking forward to next time now that we know what to order~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Mexican GrubOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great character, fun place for drinks and good mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crowdedlondonDined on 8/23/2014When we arrived, they tried to seat us at a table in the sun, the heat index was very high that night and we told them, absolutely not. They did find us another table..The food was very good, service good, for me this is a more casual, bar typel eatery, alot of people in shorts, and very noisy. If you want a more romantic, quiet night its not for you. More of a bar scene place with great food..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best find in a whileYammaDined on 8/16/2014I was very impressed with the entire experience. Seated before our 7:15 reservation, waiter arrived immediately, food was fantastic. The bar is slow... we waited quite a bit of time for round 2 drinks.Special Features:
- Just So-SoDelrayDollVIPDined on 8/16/2014Lively restaurant but really loud, hard to hear companions. Thought the food was just so-so. My enchiladas seemed to be soft tortilla folded over some cooked, cubed chicken with not even browned cheese on top. Hubby had tacos, again not great. Friend had quesadilla. All pretty tasteless -- had to put some of the sauce on top to get some flavor. Blueberry & peach sangrias were ok -- too much ice. Glad we tried it, won't go back.
- ExcellentkimmerieDined on 8/10/2014Loved everything (and everyone i.e. Sam our waiter) about this place!Special Features:
- Margaritas and Tacos!JenabellaDined on 8/10/2014We had the standard and pomegranate margaritas and both were outstanding. We tried most of the tacos, but the shrimp taco was by far the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately it is was too hot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We went on a summer night..no A/C or fans so some of us were really really hot. Would go back when it's cooler.Special Features:
- Best Mexican foodifalcoVIPDined on 8/6/2014Love, love, love the food the bar the ambience. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetsyBDined on 8/5/2014Would not return. Made a reservation. Waited 30 minutes to be seated.
- Awesome Ambience and FoodmorrocangoddessDined on 8/5/2014Great food ! Its officially part of our week ritual for friends now. Love it!Special Features:
- Good MexicanDelraylocal81Dined on 8/1/2014Very solid place. A bit busy, But great food and low prices for Delray Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MexicansheadbergDined on 8/1/2014Food was original and well prepared. Drink menu well crafted. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Eclectic Mexican FoodlctomchinDined on 8/1/2014Fresh ingredients make this a Mexican restaurant find. The restaurant is all open so it feels comfortable, friendly and happy. Unlike most of the restaurants in downtown Delray Beach, this one doesn't break the bank. The margaritas are real drinks not made with watery and sugary mixes, so you can actually taste the tequila, and the tequila is a better brand than most Mexican restaurants serve. The wait staff is knowledgable and friendly. The manager comes to the table and asks if all is okay. Nice ambience, great food, reasonably priced, and delicious margaritas. Would go again and again.Special Features:
- amyaimDined on 7/26/2014Great food, and atmosphere, but extremely hot!!!! They must fix air issue. We were in a full sweat. Not enjoyable and we couldn't finish our food since it was so hot. Other then that the food was good, and the service. We will not be back until winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise in the Cole SlawfoodalogueDined on 7/25/2014Ask for a side of cole slaw with your tacos -- cabbage, nopales (cactus), pickled onions, pickled jalapeños -- and pickled pork skin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bugdocedVIPDined on 7/20/2014food and service were good despite the crowded ambience the volume was more than energeticSpecial Features:
- Great Mexican, great atmosphereTmq54VIPDined on 7/18/2014This was our second time here. We were not disappointed. Brisket quesadillas and guacamole out of this world. Fajitas were great and the swordfish was also incredible. Very fun but definitely noisy so if you want to have quiet conversation, not the place to go but if you are looking for fun, vibrant night out, this is your place....and the food is great.Special Features:
- Great food long waitFancypantsDined on 7/17/2014We were seated 46 minutes after our reservation, but the food, drinks and service were all great. Would definitely recommend but just make sure you can handle the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need Better Air ConditioningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014The food and service was fabulous. We had gucamole to start and it was perfect. I had the Gulf Shrimp fajita and it delicious. Everyone in the group enjoyed their meal as well.. The only complaint was that it was very hot in the place. We were 6 in a booth and we were very uncomfortable because of the heat. If you are going to have a place that is open in the front then you need to have better ac especially here in Florida. The nice thing the restaurant did was call the next day to see how we liked the place. I told the girl, that is was great but it was very hot. She was honest and said most people were complaining about that as well. We will definitely go back but not on a hot night!!Special Features:
- Good Tacos, Good BeersEthanDined on 7/11/2014First of all, you're on this site so go ahead and get a reservation, it was packed! The staff was super friendly. The service was good, although not a quick place to eat (which is a good thing!). Margarita, Tequila, and Beer selections were very nice. We ordered the tacos and they were very good. Not the best I've ever had, almost too fancy, but still very good and refined. Prices were reasonable. Like most "hot-spot" bars, it was very loud. The design was good so that there was so the waiters could flow through. We sat on the periphery of the dining room with full outdoor exposure which mitigated the noise. Excellent for a party atmosphere but would be hard to make an intimate dinner. We'll be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!FrancolovesfoodDined on 7/10/2014I enjoyed dining at El Camino. Our waitress was friendly and the service was great ! Loved their chips and salsa too and their Margaritas are so good! I would definitely recommend this restaurant. I can see it being a place where they will get many regulars in there. Welcome to Delray Beach!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2014A hip fun spot. Great people watching. Great fresh food. Awesome house made hot sauce.Special Features:
- Good RestaurantmikepVIPDined on 7/5/2014This was a good restaurant. Not a 5 star experience in dining!!! but for the type of restaurant it was it was well worth eating at. Will recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service. Pretty good foodThamanVIPDined on 6/30/2014I like the spice and homemade hot sauce, but the service is ALWAYS lacking. Takes at least 45 mins to get your food (and that's being generous, probably more like 60 mins)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendySVIPDined on 6/29/2014Very good food at reasonable prices. Amazing margaritas starting at $9 but very small and mostly ice. I appreciate the any wine for $9 a glass. I had any 3 tacos for $14--chicken, steak and barbacoa. All were good. My husband had cheese enchildas with mole asuce and he loved it. Can't wait to return for $2 Taco Night on Tuesdays through the summer.Special Features:
- DonSLVIPDined on 6/29/2014Aren't you tired of hearing great reviews all the time? Well here is another of ours.Special Features:
- only okfoodiemcluvinsVIPDined on 6/28/2014The drinks were decent and the food was ok. We both had taco trios and some of the tacos were better than others. Cilantro was used quite liberally and to the detriment of the tacos. We were initially seated at a front table, facing west as the sun was setting. It was so hot and bright that I could not remove my sunglasses. We didn't complain though as we had been late for our reservation. However, shortly after our entrees were served, a manager came by and asked us to move tables as the restaurant wanted to open the front door/windows and expand their seating onto the sidewalk. We complied, but I found that to be completely unacceptable! At least offer us a round of drinks or a dessert if you're going to interrupt my meal to do that!Special Features:
- Good, but LOUD.OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I enjoyed our dinner here. The chips were just okay, but the guacamole was delicious. I had the tacos - three different kinds - and they were all good. My husband had the chicken enchilada and said it was yummy. My only complaint is that the noise level was deafening. It was impossible to have a conversation without yelling across the table. Service was very attentive and a group endeavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Tasty tacos. Drinks a little pricey. Our server was great! Noisy but fun. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winning choice!WendyDavisVIPDined on 6/25/2014This place is always on point! From the service (including the hostesses), to the food, to the amazing prices for happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonSLVIPDined on 6/21/2014Can't be beat.....again! Food and service exemplary.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014The service was a bit slow however, it was Taco Tuesday. The guacamole is outstanding and the gringo taco was very good! Looked like a great place to meet with co-workers after hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best tex mex food aroundBocasueVIPDined on 6/17/2014Consistently terrific food. Best guacamole and chips- salsa is very good. All main courses have fresh ingredients. In particular, shrimp fajitas are super. Great margaritas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome NachosDelrayFoodieDined on 6/15/2014Go to El Camino with a group and be sure to order their nachos - a huge platter topped with delicious brisket, melted cheeses, pinto beans, pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream. Next time we are there I think we'll order the nachos and just a salad for dinner as they are very filling, but worth every delicious bite!Special Features:
- Always perfectJudyPVIPDined on 6/13/2014We have been coming here since it opened at least once a week for dinner and have NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED! The food is excellent! Service is wonderful and the fun atmosphere is what keeps us coming! Oh, and we LOVE THE MARGARITAS!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun and deliciousJoanneVIPDined on 6/10/2014We had a particularly wonderful server named Danny. He went out of his way to be pleasant and accommodating. Tequilla and food terrific. Amazing kale, fruit,toasted peanut and shrimp salad. Only in town for one night and it hit the spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- firstname.lastname@example.orgJudyPVIPDined on 6/7/2014We love this place! Great food, great margaritas and great service! We've been coming here since it opened, we live 3 blocks away and make it here at least 1-2 times a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican in DelrayJBunDined on 6/4/2014El Camino fills a gap in downtown Delray, bringing quality Mexican food in a fun environment. To start, the drinks are superb. There is an extensive tequlia list and as of my most recent visit, have expanded their signature margarita list as well. As for the food, everything is extremely fresh and the quality has been consistent every time. I highly recommend the fajitas. The service has been pretty impressive as well from those answering the phones when I have needed to change a reservation, to the servers and management being very attentive. My only complaint is that the churros could be better (they were a bit dry). A warning to large groups: it can be noisy, especially on weekends or in season. Overall a great place worth trying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.