El Caballito Tequila Bar
220 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 1K4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
MexicanPrice: CAN$30 and under
El Caballito Tequila Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elcaballito.ca/
- Phone: 4166289838x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Saturday from 4:00pm to 12:00am - LATE NIGHT MENU 12:00am-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Elia Herrera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every Tuesday!
A word from El Caballito Tequila Bar
El Caballito is downtown Toronto's only Tequila BarContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Caballito Tequila Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
late-night find (8)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)special occasion (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Ruined by serviceJC416Dined on 9/5/2014I've been here before and it's been great. But only the food this time was great. It was a busy evening so we were understanding when they told our group of 12 in a semi private room it would be slow. They said there would be complementary guacamole sent over which we were happy about. But after sitting for 20 minutes with out a drink order being taken, then waiting another 40 before the drinks arrived we were getting a little annoyed. A free shot was sent over which was a nice touch but the fact that no water was brought to the table (despite being requested - and frankly should be served anyway without asking) made the spicy food and margaritas hard to enjoy. After 3 hours I almost let them forget our 3rd taco just to be able to leave.Special Features:
- Celebrated birthday had a great timAlbertoDined on 8/28/2014Great ambiance, very good and friendly staff, super flexible for my request about people coming to my birthday, really good tequila options and food options. Had a lot of fun and people who came with me also liked a lot the place.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere, delicious food.HaileyeatsDined on 8/1/2014I hadn't been to El Caballito before and wasn't really sure what to expect other than what I had seen and heard from friends, on Facebook and Instagram. The minute my group got there we were seated promptly and we had received the most attentive service. The food was delicious, the tequila was to die for and my favourite part was the sombreros. I will definitely be returning back and recommending it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccommodatingG8FindDined on 7/12/2014I went with my family and there are a couple food restrictions we have. The restaurant was very accommodating and prepared all fresh food for us without hesitation. The food is also amazing with lots of variety. Definitely a place to try out if you haven't yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AUTHENTIC MEXICAN W/COOL FACTORMerlinDined on 6/12/2014Great bar, great ambiance and the food was fabulous - the only thing missing was the beach! Excellent food with a terrific tequila selection. we were a table of seven and the service was perfect. Flavours and food style - very authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timetacostequilaDined on 6/6/2014El Caballito was a good time. Great drinks, great food, good service. Overall a good experience. The only complaint I have is the prices. I think it's way too high for the portion of the food given.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the El Caballito Tequila Bar reviews archive.
- Delicious but SMALL PortionsFoodieGirlVIPDined on 5/17/2014I came here with a group of 8. We got the Grande family style menu. We loved how the chips that came with the salsa and guac were a variety of vegetable chips. Everyone loved the tacos here except the portions were really small. The girls were fine with the portion sizes but the guys left a lil hungry (one got poutine elsewhere after). I thought it was gonna be too much food since we ordered the biggest family style menu. It's a great atmosphere just don't expect the regular size tacos you get at other restaurants like Grand Electric. These tacos are even smaller! Still very tasty though!Special Features:
- Great authentic Mexican foodVivianDined on 3/29/2014Great authentic Mexican food and the cocktails are just amazing. We all had a very fun night. Try too book their Tequila Tasting Room as it is quiet an experience on its own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tequlia heaven!CharlieBDined on 3/29/2014Went on sat night for a birthday party and the drinks were amazing and the place was full but not uncomfortably packed. Had a great time with my friends. I will be back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great specialty MargaritasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014The Manny margarita was delicious. If someone was just looking for cocktails I might send them here. I'd read other reviews of El Caballito before heading there so I was somewhat prepared for the shortcomings in the food department. But really a "tower" of salsa where each level is two tablespoons worth and a "bucket" of chips that had more lining paper than space for chips? In this thriving Toronto food hood? That's just not on. The ceviche was passable but not excellent. The tacos were tasty but teeny. Much better value elsewhere.Special Features:
- Good food, horrible serviceLaurvoortDined on 2/8/2014The food was tasty at this restaurant, but that's the only good part of the night. We waited 30-45 minutes to receive each drink we ordered. We did a share-style meal with platters and each time the platter didn't have enough food for everyone. The vegetarian in our group was brought her food after everyone else was already done eating. And when it came time for bills it took 4 tries to get the accurate info on each one. I hope they can find a way to fix the service to match the food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food and the place!TOfoodieVIPDined on 1/25/2014so excited about this coolnew Mexican that has a great vibe and amazing tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!!TurbojaycVIPDined on 1/25/2014Basically tried everything on this small, but very tasty menu. They are expanding the restaurant upstairs as well for a more full on dining experience. Can't wait for that; will definitely go back.Special Features: