651 Manhattan Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11222Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elbornnyc.com/
- Phone: 3478449295x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 12pm - 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Diego González
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We have live music on Wednesdays (jazz), Sundays (flamenco) and planning to have DJ's for weekend brunch.
A word from El Born
El Born is a Spanish restaurant in the heart of Greenpoint, Brooklyn. We serve tapas and raciones of traditional Spanish plates but always giving them a contemporary touch. Our intention is to bring a little bit of Spain to New York City, and especially to bring the Barcelona vibe from our hometown. In Barcelona, el Born is a downtown area that has known how to modernize without losing its soul. And that's our passion: clashing the old and the new without crashing anything in the middle.Continued
Benvinguts, passeu, passeu...!
Benvinguts, passeu, passeu...!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Born reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (6)romantic (4)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- BKdinersVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our dining experience at El Born was truly fantastic. I have been to barcelona twice and dining at El Born was like eating in the finest restaurants of Barcelona. Very authentic! Very lively!! Muy, muy delicioso!!!. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic SpanishSamtheBritDined on 6/18/20142nd time at this place. Fresh interesting zesty Spanish food. Good specials. Portions pretty reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, expertly done!CubanoNYCDined on 5/23/2014Just terrific food, with one of the most creative tapas menus in the 5 boroughs. Fresh ingredients, lovlingly prepared and beautifully presented. The service is great (acceptably aloof), the staff is knowledgeable about the food, wine and cheese. The music was perfect and not too loud (on a very rainy Friday night)! Cannot wait to return, friends in tow.Special Features:
- Interesting new placecheesedocVIPDined on 5/18/2014Went on a sleepy Sunday night at 7, it was at first almost empty. Very nice and helpful waiter. Uncomfortable stools, very few regular chairs. Food: all good and quite interesting! Absolutely wonderful roasted vegetables with red pepper sauce. Rare tuna and raw beef also excellent! Will go again.Special Features:
- Still working things outDBBURGERDined on 5/17/2014Nice local place. Friendly people. Too well lit. Very loud. Small tables for 4 people. Lot of specials (over 8). But not written and had to be repeated three times. Great quality selection on Shared menu. But no sequence or speed when items would come out. And no room on table for multiple plates.
- The following 2 reviews are from the El Born reviews archive.
- Like being in BarcelonaGraceDined on 4/26/2014Greenpoint is having great places to eat and have coffee. The Born was really good. Excellent food and excellent service!I really recommend it!Special Features:
- Not Good EnoughpaltDined on 3/16/2014We checked out El Born after reading that it had made top dining destinations in Eater. Overall we were moderately disappointed. We started with a glass of $14 wine with an extremely lousy pour. The wine was nothing special. Three of us ordered about 4 small plates with warm olives being one of the better ones. Fillet, tender but nothing special, Cod collar, fishy and then some larger plates, cauliflower and duck casselot. The sauces in both were all mushy cheesy. The server should have mentioned that they were similar and not a good pair at all. We also had the highly acclaimed octopus which was limp and cold. Small beers at great prices helped along with very nice service and atmosphere, but not coming back..sorry.