El Boqueron Tapas Restaurant
31-01 34th Ave.
Astoria, NY 11106Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
El Boqueron Tapas Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elboquerontapas.com/
- Phone: 7189560107
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: J J Bermeo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Call for information.
- Private Party Contact: Miller / Jose 7189560107
- Entertainment: Spanish music.
A word from El Boqueron Tapas Restaurant
El Boqueron Tapas Restaurant, symbol of enduring quality. Always elegant, always friendly when every detail makes a difference. A timeless expression of exquisite taste that will delight your palate. El Boqueron specializes in Spanish tapas, small dishes of tasty shellfish and fish, poultry, meat or vegetables that are perfect for sampling and sharing with friends and family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Boqueron Tapas Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great TapasfoodloverVIPDined on 9/26/2013If you're looking for a place to chat and have a good time with some good food, this is the place to go. All staff are very friendly and provide great service. The tapas I had were all delicious and the Paella was very delish as well.Special Features:
- Great gem off the Island!1foodieDined on 8/24/2013Great restaurant off the Island! The sea salt grilled shrimp are to die for! The lamb was outstanding, the papaya was great. Everything we ordered came out perfectly. The train was pretty loud, but the food far out weighed that. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went to this place for myQueensfoodieDined on 5/4/2013I went to this place for my birthday. We were a party of 6 and ordered an assortment of tapas and main entrees. Two paellas, one filet mignon and my mom ordered salmon. While the tapas are decent, the entrees are terrible. Dry rice, bland steak and an overall unappealing salmon. Do yourself a favor and go hee for tapas if you must, otherwise skip this joint entirely.Special Features:
- Good last minute optionCostasDined on 3/15/20132nd time there. Too noisy again. Food was not bad.
- Great sangria and some awesomeEricaVIPDined on 3/15/2013Great sangria and some awesome tapas dishes!! Mussels were a little overrated but the spinach croquettes an cheese were awesome!Special Features:
- The table next to us had aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013The table next to us had a baby that screamed constantly for the full one hour we were there. The chicken served in the paella was not chicken but chicken gizzards. This should have been mentioned in the menu. Will not return.
- Delicious!!! Friendly!!! AOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Delicious!!! Friendly!!! A great place to be with a special someone.Special Features:
- Thank you so much for makingRickyDined on 1/24/2013Thank you so much for making my 30th birthday the best ever.Special Features:
- A nice dining experiencejdbros80Dined on 1/5/2013This was our second time and it was just as good. We had 4 tapas and 1 entree to split. It was the perfe t amount of food plus we had dessert. The tamarind sangria was a nice balance of bitter and sweet. I especially loved the tequila w/ watermelon juice they gave us after dinner complimentary.Special Features:
- Tapas find in Astoriatm1949VIPDined on 12/15/2012This is a wonderful little tapas restaurant, with good food, nice sangria concoctions, and a warm ambiance. The service is attentive and friendly. We tasted six tapas: all very tasty, but the squid in a garlicky base was outstanding, as were the red peppers. Paella Valenciana was good, but there was something lacking (and the clams were put in too early--they were chewy). But the fish special, the vegetarian paella, and the desserts were terrific. And nothing was rushed.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012Enjoyed our dining experience! The ambiance was delightful. The service was excellent. It has been my second time at this restaurant and so far my choices on my menu have not dissappointed me.Special Features:
- Decent, but not for usOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2012My wife and I decided to give this tapas place a try, as it had pretty good reviews and was relatively close. Parking is a challenge, but always is in NYC so no complaints here. The ambiance is very romantic, with dimmed lighting and candle lit tables. The service was outstanding, always around for the most part, checking up, etc. the turn around on tables, that we observed was very quick, as try started cleaning table as soon as your leave. The food was ok. It was edible, but not much flavor to it. It tasted as if they cooked the food and then placed some flavorful dressing on it. This might be other people's type of food, but we prefer the food a little more flavorful. Not bad, just not our cup of tea
- Madrid in New YorkluvtoeatDined on 8/4/2012My husband and I had a wonderfully relaxed evening with exquisite tapas and the best sangria- passion fruit that we have ever tasted! The service is caring and efficient with one tapas being served at a time. The place is small,warm, and cozy, and even with the group of 8 women seated behind us, it was not that noisy. Tables are also set far enough apart to encourage quiet conversation. Very romantic!-MarySpecial Features:
- My daughter found this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2012My daughter found this restaurant online...somehow. It was a little difficult to find; it is tucked beneath the elevated train in Astoria. The food was okay, nothing special. It seemed to lean more toward home-cooked and simple. Perhaps I was just expecting something more. Ambiance was OK. The place seemed to get busier late in the evening, so the locals must like it. Service was great. Our waiter was very attentive. Overall, not worth the 20 minute drive to get here. Perhaps it is a better venue if you are in the area.
- Nice Neighborhood Tapas RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2012I had dinner at El Boqueron with an old friend from New Jersey while visiting New York, my hometown. The food was tasty and well-presented, the staff friendly and helpful. The restaurant has a nice, intimate ambiance--marred only by the intermittent rumbling of the overhead El train. Luckily on a Saturday night, the trains did not pass that frequently, but be prepared for this intrusion if you're planning to propose to(or break up with) your dinner date. Nice hot-and-cold tapas menu also features standard-sized dishes, so there's something for everyone, including my picky 12-year-old daughter. Don't miss the lava cake for dessert. Deliciously decadent, but not a huge portion. Two people can share it with minimal guilt.Special Features:
- everything was fine theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012everything was fine the bartender has to fine tune his mixology skills we will returnSpecial Features:
- I love this place!! ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2012I love this place!! This is the second time I'd eaten here and seriously... the food is amazing, the service is amazing, it is just an overall excellent place. The only issue we had is that it is located directly under the train tracks. So in the winter (with the windows closed and non-rush hour) it was not so bad. But this past time, the windows were open and the train came by like every 10 mins! But was a small inconvenience for an otherwise terrific meal! Would totally recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Charming neighborhood restaurant.FoodieDined on 5/13/2012Charming neighborhood restaurant. The service was friendly and quick. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Spotmapi480Dined on 5/5/2012This restaurant is a great find. The variety of the menu is great for everyone. They have meat, fish and chicken. The passion fruit sangria is delicious. The staff is friendly and attentive without being intrusive and the prices are just right.Special Features:
- Romantic setting, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/7/2012Romantic setting, great food and fantastic service!Special Features:
- First time at El BoqueronFoodieDined on 3/16/2012First time at El Boqueron and will definitely go again. Great Spanish food, great sangria. Something on the menu for everyone (meat, fish, vegetarians) including daily specials.Special Features: