El Balconcito ll
7326 Castor Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19152Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
El Balconcito ll
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elbalconcito.com/
- Phone: 2153423165x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Portuguese, Peruvian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Please join us every Friday Night for Karaoke night!
A word from El Balconcito ll
El Balconcito ll is located in Northeast Philly. We serve Peruvian and Portuguese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Balconcito ll reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance2Noise LevelEnergetic
- Fantastic food but...JoseVIPDined on 5/11/2014A lot to be desired on the service front. If you can overlook certain things and bring LOTS of patience, you will love the food and the check.I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible servicekristyDined on 5/11/2014The waitresses are very rude and we're rushing us to place the order for the food. Also we ordered milk and it was brought to us, but when we wanted to order it a second time they told us they don't sell milk. Come to find out what was given to my child the first time around was not milk but some sort of sweet looking like milk beverage. The food is always great but they need to re y rain their staff to provide good customer service.
- horrible servicegreatDined on 4/12/2014The food is always good......but horrible service. . they need to improve more . The waitress was rude to the point that I left the restaurant.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014Not saying this place is bad but its nothing to write home about. I had what seemed like giant calamari rings but had the texture of rubber. i could not even finish it all. I came here for some Ceviche and it was a pretty hefty portion which was nice. But again its nothing to write home about. The place reminds me of a cafeteria which is not a bad thing a lot of Spanish restaurants ive been to in the past are sort of the same way. Overall if your looking for some mind blowing Ceviche just skip this place but if your not picky and just looking for some latin food to satisfy that craving then its not so bad. oh yeah dont forget to tell the waitress to make sure and put you in for the Open Table points.
- Excellent Saltado!!!LallamaDined on 3/29/2014Growing up , my mother always made Peruvian food for dinner. That's all we knew, we were not assimilated enough to eat any other dish, so what a delight to be able to go to a restaurant and order un Saltado and listen to my music. I made an online reservation and was worried because we were a group of 13 but all went smoothly. The staff was friendly and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedwoodcutter22VIPDined on 3/29/2014It's not like it looks on their website, the space is pretty much post-war cafeteria. Ceviche is available only in entre size, and since my dining companions didn't want to share that I was out of luck (one of the points of going was to try this). Two of us had the chicken, which was fine but not any better than a Fresh Market rotisserie chicken, two had steak which also was fine. But the only "peruvian" quality about these dishes seemed to be a bottle of hot sauce. I think you need to know what you are doing before you walk in. Note to wine drinkers--they have ONE brand of red wine, and it came refrigerated. But convenient to Keswick theatre, a 15 minute drive.Special Features:
- food is great, thats the extentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Went in for a anniversary dinner ,expressed this on open table comments, and were just sat with no inquiry.so we went elsewhere for desert and drinks.food was excellent,servers have a very limited grasp on the english language.i am in the industry so i have no trouble ordering but your avaerage jane or joe could be intimidated a bit.overall good experience but no need to use open table they dont even have a hostessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Waiting for a table for like 45 min. To still live there hungry because it was to busy. I didn't understand the point of making a reservation if I still had to wait. I have been in the restaurant before but never for a special occasion and never will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went to El Balconcito IIJulioSDined on 2/14/2014I went to El Balconcito II to try the Peruvian fair and was not disappointed. Great food. Our servers were attentive when needed and made up for the delays in preparing the food. It's a Latin American restaurant in the middle of a more sophisticated Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Poor service, food dry/saltyJuniDined on 12/16/2013I had high expectations, unfortunately I was disappointed with Balconcito 2. I drove over 2 hrs to find dry LOMO Salteado and salty. Asked for extra sauce and the answer was no. In our group was one vegetarian, we asked to substitute a plate for vegetables instead of meat and the answer again was no, we insisted a bit and they "checked with the chef", they said ok with broccoli. To our surprise we were charged more for potatoes and broccoli than for a plate with meat ($14)!!! Never will recommend, never will go back again. The only thing good there was the Papa la Huancaina. I am heading back to NJ in Passaic to eat better food at Pollos el Chevre.Special Features:
- Unassuming restaurant a surpriseantennaVIPDined on 10/20/2013Peruvian and Portuguese food. Excellent! Lots of seafood ceviches which were perfect. Mostly families on Sunday when we went. Lively atmosphere. We would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodZelda1987Dined on 10/19/2013The first time we went to this place was 6 years ago. It's still excellent! It has this neighborhood vibe, plus the Latin music - very energetic. The portions are big, the prices are very good. Overall very pleased with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We got there not quite anKatinaDined on 10/12/2013We got there not quite an hour before the kitchen closed on a Saturday night and everything was great. The hostess/server was wonderful. She was very attentive although it was time for her to get off. She never rushed us or made us feel like we were a cutting it close on time. The food, (OMG), was so good. The best Portuguese and Peruvian food I've tasted in a very long time. We liked it so much, we went back last night for dinner. So there you have it. Go to El Balconito for delicious food, great service and overly large portions. There is no way you will finish your meal there. A doggy bag is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They didn't know what openmarakiDined on 9/23/2013They didn't know what open table was so when I told them I had a reservation they looked at me like huh?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super DeliciousHillsideDined on 8/23/2013We went to celebrate our co-workers birthday and had a magnificent time. The service was spectacular and on point. The food was super good and delicious. I enjoyed there Mariscada um um um, mouthwatering can't even talk about it without drooling. There seafood is fantastic. The environment was great we enjoyed the Karaoke and had so much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceNotsatisfiedDined on 5/4/2013The food was good but When we got there they said there was no reservations made. It's not a kid friendly restaurant and the waitress weren't friendly at all. We asked for a dessert and drinks menu waitress leaves and comes back 15 min later to say they don't have one. Then we waited almost twenty min for our bill.Special Features:
- Thank YouOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/28/2013We loved our experience as, I think, the only native English speakers and perhaps the only table without kids. They honored my request to be away from the jukebox, even seemed to have turned the volume down so we could talk. Our waitress spoke perfect English and was very helpful. The parihuela and paella were both quite good. Loved the baked potato with a wonderfully spicy sauce. It was a kick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great... AndOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2013The food was great... And the prices were great too.Special Features:
- Bad Rest expirienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013This has been by far one if the worst places I've been too. We arrived there and this place was full (even though we had a reservation). The waitress had this nasty attitude...out of no where we had a new waitress! The food was so/so! Service was horrible, music so loud you couldn't have a conversation! I will not recommend this place to anyone, in fact I will ask they avoid it at all cost!