350 San Francisco St.
San Juan, PR 00901Neighborhood:
Old San Juan
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://elasadorpr.com/
- Phone: 7872899966
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday:5:00pm - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Puerto Rican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from El Asador
El Asador, where you can find the best seafood and meat cuts, as well as some Puerto Rican cuisine, has a prime location near Old San Juan"s entrance, and right in the heart of the Old City's nightlife. The stylish and exclusive décor of this Bar & Restaurant, accentuated by a magnificent interior patio, provides the perfect environment for a delightful, cozy and sophisticated experience. Whether you are looking for an early lunch, a romantic dinner, or even if you are looking to have a couple of drinks with friends, El Asador is your ultimate destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Asador reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Amazing Vacation Find!skibunny99Dined on 8/13/2014We decided to see if OpenTable worked in Puerto Rico....surprise...it does! We found El Asador here & it was delicious. The creole grouper was great & definitely try the mushroom risotto!Special Features:
- anonymousVIPDined on 7/7/2014Do not be put off by appearance of restaurant. Food was great.Special Features:
- Great foodlnjrDined on 4/15/2014I found the authentic food to be excellent but no a/c so could be warmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most items on menu were notWct6VIPDined on 3/16/2014Most items on menu were not available. They seem to have only three liquors available, rum, kailua, and a bottle of Jack Daniels! Very disappointing. Even chicken Caesar salad.....but no chicken, ridiculous!
- Out of most foodworldsfirstmanVIPDined on 12/30/2013I really wanted to like this place. The menu looks delicious, and the place is beautifully done. But when you are out of most of your food, including the advertised prix-fixe at $23.50 and everything else on the menu, we went elsewhere. Be sure to check that they have food before going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steer clear of El AsadorpauliVIPDined on 12/26/2013First the good news. The waiter was very nice and hard-working. Two of the three dishes we ordered were good. And El Asador is a charming looking tavern in a historic building. Now the bad news. Waits are interminable, with several tables of clients leaving in the process. The prices are as high or higher than in some of the best restaurants in San Juan (like Casa Lola or Oceano). Water is served in plastic cups. Seating is mostly on picnic benches. There is only one, overpriced, red and one white wine by the bottle. The fried calamari were the worst I have ever tasted. In sum, It's a good place to drink --at the bar, where you don't need to wait so long for service. But as a restaurant, it's a pure tourist trap.
- Awful all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/19/2013This place looks attractive but please avoid it at all costs. The food is mediocre at best, especially considering the exorbitant prices, and the service takes forever. It took an hour and 15 minutes for us to get our appetizers. The fish was bland and overcooked and the pasta tasted like Chef Boyardee. The waiter spilled water on our table and never cleaned it up. Even the mojito, which they claim is the best in PR, is fine but not superlative.
- A cute little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/13/2013A cute little place tucked out of the way in Old a Town San Juan. Not one of the tourist joints. A nice place to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelenteHectorDined on 8/30/2013Buen ambiente, excelente comida y muy buena atención. Los Mojitos superrrrrr.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Let DownOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2013I read some good reviews and was expecting some good Puerto Rican cusine. What a let down. Food was pricey, but quality was sub par. Presentation was nice, but food lacked seasoning and was very bland.