5 Olney Sandy Spring Road
Ashton, MD 20861Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elandariegomexicanrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3012608198
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our catering is offered for Weddings, Birthday Parties, Quinceanera, Office Events or any other special event you may have coming up. The food is available for delivery or pickup. We deliver to Montgomery, Howard Counties and DC. The minimum for delivery is 30 people and can go up to 500 people.
- Entertainment: Come hear our own band, Duo America Friday nights from 7-10pm.
A word from El Andariego
Come visit us for authentic Mexican and Salvadoran cuisine. We've been serving these scrumptious dishes for over 10 years. And please, if you enjoyed your visit with us, we encourage you to write a review on our website review page. Join us for a unique experience and beautiful ambiance. The atmosphere is always warm and friendly to make you feel comfortable and at home. You will get personal attention from the owners, giving you a very special evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Andariego reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- BigBDined on 5/25/2014Excellent local restaurant where you're always made to feel like a welcomed guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the El Andariego reviews archive.
- Excellent LocalClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 4/19/2014took some guests to this local fav. Excellent starters. Dinner was salmon dishes, chicken and steak fajitas. All outstanding. Excellent service very nice and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood favoriteGimmieDined on 4/18/2014We enjoy the casual atmosphere, combined with excellent food! There is a friendly, family vibe. The special Seafood Tacos were our reason to go this week. They were outstanding - full of chunks of a variety of fish. My husband enjoyed a trio of enchiladas. The margaritas are good, with several variations available. Service is always attentive, but not intrusive. We dine in or take-out frequently.Special Features:
- Lunch-time SpecialFredVIPDined on 3/18/2014I normally wouldn't do Mexican at lunch, but El Andariego proved to be an excellent choice for a good selection of lunch specials for under $10.00. I had a business meeting with an acquaintance here and the atmosphere was quiet and we were able to conduct business and enjoy our meals. Wait staff was very attentive and we didn't have to waist time waiting for the food or the check. I highly recommend El Andariego as an excellent lunch-time engagement, for a quick business meeting, and with a bite to eat.Special Features:
- First Time a HitClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 2/22/2014My first time to this local restaurant and my friends and I will be back. Great starters and mixed drinks and wine were done well. Main dishes were fish and chicken and they toped my expectations. A wonderful find that I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timetweetgoodVIPDined on 2/20/2014They always make you feel welcome. Great food and atmosphere! My parents and I go to every Valentine's Day as they give every lady a rose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El AndariegoMatchboxVIPDined on 12/24/2013The lunch menu is very reasonable. The spinach, mushroom and cheese quesadilla is delicious. Service was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- This is a lovely neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2013This is a lovely neighborhood restaurant with great service and great food..Special Features:
- Spiced and Priced RightNoFoodieDined on 10/19/2013A great place for good, well-prepared, Mexican and Salvadoran food. The menu is varied, and I've tried several of the entrees. It's all good . . . give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedhappyascanbyDined on 10/12/2013Been dining at El Andariego for a couple of years. Never been disappointed. Owners are very attentive to the customers, staff is friendly and efficient. Great selection of dishes that are reasonably priced...my personal favorite is the crab and shrimp enchiladas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican/Salvadorean foodBillSamuelDined on 6/6/2013This is a neighborhood, family-owned restaurant. It has quite a variety on its menu of Mexican-Salvadorean food. It is carefully prepared, and therefore it will take a little time before it is delivered to your table. The wait is worth it, for the quality of the food reflects careful preparation. The prices are reasonable for the quality of the food.Special Features:
- good neighborhood diningakharbsDined on 6/1/2013It's wonderful to go to a restaurant where they really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. This is a lovely restaurant with solid Mexican/Salvadoran offerings. I came for a birthday dinner with family and in the middle of the dinner the power went out because of a storm. They still soldiered on, and even brought me my surprise birthday dessert. The fresh chips that started the meal were delicious, and my seafood soup was tasty and full of lobster, crab, and shrimp. The broth was not as flavorful, but since they were doing everything in the dark, I cut them some slack. A great neighborhood restaurant in Montgomery County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising find in OlneyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/4/2013My son and I tried El Andariego on a Sunday evening based on location & reviews. It turned out to be a wonderful choice. It was our first time there and we will definitely go back. The price for the specials might be a little high for Ashton (about $20), but there were plenty of other offerings at lower and quite reasonable prices. The margaritas are strong and delightfully limey. The salsa is very good - it has a kick to it, but also a very fresh tomato flavor. I had the salmon special and it was superb. The best thing about the place may have been the attentive service. The manager made a point of checking to see that the diners were satisfied, and the waitresses did not hide out in the kitchen. They were unobtrusive, but very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAILURE TO AWARD POINTSOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/7/2013THE STAFF DID NOT RECOGNIZE THE OPENTABLE RESERVATION SO NO POINTS ARE AWARDED.
- Food was delish. AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Food was delish. Atmosphere very nice. Very nice neighborhood restaurant. Wouild definitely go backSpecial Features:
- The food was delicious. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/18/2013The food was delicious. Service was great. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- This is place is an all timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013This is place is an all time local favorite. We go to this restaurant at least once a month.Special Features:
- Local TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013There was a specialty selection for Valentines Day. Very Good and nice presentation, pleasant atmosphere with soft live music. Long stem red roses given at end of meal. No waiting. Definitely would return and recommend anytime!!Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time for Valentine'OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2013Had a wonderful time for Valentine's Day and the food was delicious. Enjoyed getting a rose at the end of the meal. Nice touch...Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Best in the Olney/Ashton areaBrettDined on 2/14/2013This is the best restaurant in the Olney/Ashton area! Go for the Friday night specials and margaritas and don't leave without trying the bread pudding.Special Features:
- Food used to be quite goodLarryVIPDined on 12/30/2012Food used to be quite good now average. Service, especially on Sundays is lackluster, servers are either inexperienced or disinterested, staff seem less engaged. The usually excellent margarita lacked any flavor from tequila and was returned, the server grudingly provided a replacement. The sangria, usually very flavorful with a bit of sparkle was flat; seemed to have more juice or other liquid and less wine than in the past. Will likley look to eat this cuisine elsewhere in the future.
- This is a nice, ethnic, neighborhooLindaDined on 11/17/2012This is a nice, ethnic, neighborhood restaurant. The staff greets diners warmly and the food is always plentiful. It's an unhurried dinner in a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features: