Ekko De Brasil
1170 Aylmer Road
Gatineau, QC J9H7L3Neighborhood:
Ottawa / Gatineau
BrazilianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Ekko De Brasil
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ekkodebrasil.com/
- Phone: 8197767969x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Barbecue, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Constantin Bucur
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private salon are available for your evening.
- Private Party Contact: Jean-Sebastien Malouin 8197767969x
- Entertainment: Friday & Saturday evenings with CHICABOOM samba dance performance.
Sunday evening, discover the Brazilian FLORQUESTRA band while enjoying our churrascaria menu
A word from Ekko De Brasil
Experience Brazil! Fall under the spell of authentic churrascaria cuisine and lively samba rythms in the warm and festive setting of Ekko de Brasil.Continued
First Brasilian Steakhouse in the National Capital region, a 10 minutes drive from down town Ottawa, located in the earth of the well known Château Cartie hotel resort.
First Brasilian Steakhouse in the National Capital region, a 10 minutes drive from down town Ottawa, located in the earth of the well known Château Cartie hotel resort.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Ekko De Brasil - Best Restaurants in Ottawa / Gatineau ›
Ekko De Brasil reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (7)romantic (6)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- More flavour and variation pleaseSofiaRGDined on 8/23/2014I find some of the meats could be more flavorful, perhaps more spices? I have a hard time believing that Brazilians actually eat some of the bland meats they serve at the restaurant. But some of the meats are OK - such as the garlic beef, or the beer marinated chicken. The buffet could also use a bit of variation; this time I found the same items than a year ago. This really limits the amounts of times I could go to this restaurant in a year. (Note the reason I haven't been in a whole year is because I have a one year old child). Overall, I appreciate the new look of the place - it looks more classy and tidy. The servers are very nice and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itPaulHelenDined on 8/22/2014This place is a lot of fun. The friendly and attentive staff is great and fills you with great morsels of meat. You'll be in a meat coma after this, but you'll be back for more.Special Features:
- great time!boboDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant is located off a golf course.the food was great including the salad bar.lots of different foods.overall our party of four are coming back again.If anything,the meats need to come a bit more quicker but other then that,we loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbeatableTammyAnneDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I recently visited to celebrate our anniversary, although we like to go to Ekko anytime of the year. It's a truly unique dining experience in the ottawa/gatineau area and we're glad we have it to enjoy!Special Features:
- Marvelous night outall4foodDined on 8/2/2014Two of us had the rodizio menu. Out of all the cuts of meat only the sirloin was not tender. The rest were excellent, flavourful and tender. The buffet was extensive and applealing. The two types of salmon, one warm dish was very tasty and the lox being my favourite was outstanding. The tables were very nicely separated where there was provacy between each. Our waiter was very attentive, changing our plates and cutlery frequently. He even was gracious enough to laugh at my jokes and speak French with me and English with my friend. It was a very nice touch that the tables had white tablecloth and cloth napkins. We had to leave early for Ottawa so we did not catch the show. All in all it was a most pleasurable meal. Would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously DelightfulJazzDined on 7/26/2014The amount of food you get is definitely worth the price. You have a wonderful buffet with tons of salads, cheese and hot accompaniments. As well, if you do not eat meat you can only get the buffet and they have plenty of options. However, for the canivores the meat is deliciously tender and perfectly seasoned. I've been several times and will return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulCar2bbDined on 7/5/2014Just awful experience. Service was horrible!!! They rushed us and did not serve enough if any rarely meats. I am a brazillian. It was embarrassing to have been there with friends.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, great food.AnnieDined on 7/5/2014It was our second time to Ekko and we introduced it to another couple. You have to be hungry when you go, so you taste all the meat. Large selection of sides, something for everyone and it was all fresh! The cheese selection and salad bar was great. The side were delicious especially the traditional black beans and rice. We went on a Saturday night, so we enjoyed the entertainment. The staff is very friendly and the restaurant is tastefully decorated. We have tried many other Brazilian restaurant both within Canada and the States and Ekko does a great job. Will return and bring more people.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!meatloverDined on 6/27/2014I had heard about EKKO for a long time and finally got around to trying it. I can tell you, we will certainly be back. It was excellent!!! From the service, to the buffet, to the dancers and finally the MEAT!! It was so good. I am a meat lover, and suggest any meat lover to try it. Very affordable for what you get. I only wish the Aylmer location had bring your own wine like the Gatineau location does. Will be going back for sure!!!Special Features:
- Great experience!luv2winedinedanceDined on 6/14/2014I truly enjoyed my time at your restaurant. The food was simply amazing....entertainment was great and so was the service. I will definitely be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 310 reviews are from the Ekko De Brasil reviews archive.
- Should be ZERO starsTMDCDined on 5/16/2014Group of 12 for a bday. Waiter took 15 mins to greet and offer drink menus followed by an additional 20 mins gap to actually take the order. Buffet was ok, despite it not being fresh and nearly empty. The “10 cuts of meat”yes, well we only saw 4; each served 10 mins or further apart. Waiter was too busy socializing with other staff; he didn't come back for drink refills, didn't provide plates or a knife for the cake. THEN has the audacity to add a pre-set tip to every bill! The manager offered us an insulting “round of shots” as an apology for his utterly incompetent staff. I’ve been to many Rodizio places and this is by far the worst and most disappointing! Definitely NOT worth 50$ and to be honest we wouldn’t go back if it were free.
- Beyond DelightfulTrueLoveDined on 5/10/2014The love of my life and I celebrated our 43rd anniversary at Ekko. It was an enchanting evening and so far beyond our expectations. WONDERFUL servers. DELICIOUS food and beverages. GREAT ambiance.Special Features:
- Poor service and too noisyHonestfeedbackDined on 5/9/2014We were treated as something the cat has dragged in. The food was OK, but we were never served as the first table for the "meat sticks", always were left with what was left of them. We live in Ottawa and do not speak French. Beside that we come from another country, hence we were treated as people that do not need to be well treated as guests as we got the feeling the staff thought we were never to come back, so why bother.
- Turning VeganOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014If you like Meat served with a side of meat - this is your place. The meat isn't particularly tasty and for close to $50 a person, you can do much better elsewhere. Dissapointed.Special Features:
- Food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Food: took a while to bring beef, was cooked on the outside but raw within 1 mm from the surface. No side plates were provided for the meat. Beef ragout tasted burned. Plates on buffet often ran empty, particularly potatoes, vegetables, and Greek salad. Ambience: insufficient performance by dancers. In about 2 hours we watched 3 dances. The dancers did not come to our section, but concentrated in the main dining room. The bar area was crowded with tables and we were in the middle, hit several times as people passed behind us. Overall, it was ok but this location at this location is not up to par with the one in Gatineau, although it charges more. Did not feel there was a value for the price. Gatineau is definitely better.Special Features:
- ImprovementsBubbaDined on 4/26/2014We had a booth near the kitchen and potentially the reason for problems we experienced - were ignored a lot when servers were going to tables with meat - new guests being served a lot more frequently than we were and took a long time to come first time - also stage was blocked from view because of high back in booth and people standing in front of stage either taking pictures or just looking - ok for other tables but not this booth - even ignored by dancers when they toured room which is unfortunate since it was husband bday and would have loved to get pic with girls - food was great though so I do recommend it highly just seems to be one bad tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- experiencebabarDined on 4/26/2014great place to have food. employees are friendly and provide really good serviceSpecial Features:
- EntertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014I appreciated the time the dancers took to interact with the guests making it fun and entertaining for the adults and the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Brazilian RestaurantTammyAnneDined on 4/12/2014My husband and i have been going to Ekko for a couple of years and we just love it. It's truly a treat and we look forward to it each time. The meats are grilled and seasoned to perfection, the staff is stellar and the ambiance is one of a kind. Way to go EKKO! don't change a thing.Special Features:
- Delicious morsels of meaty goodnessPaulHelenDined on 4/12/2014This place is always a lot of fun and the service is great. Be polite to the swordsmen and they'll ensure you're well fed. Great place for a date or group dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The "meat" at Ekko De BrasiltriptikdinerDined on 4/6/2014The "meat" at Ekko De Brasil was great....but paying something like $37.00 to $42.00 for a buffet dinner - is a bit too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite place to eat!!TelevisionDined on 4/6/2014Ekko De Brasil is definitely my favourite place to eat! The staff are amazing (hostess could use a little work) and always give me a fun, entertaining, humorous and classy experience. I've been to tons of restaurents all over Ottawa and Quebec and I have to say Ekko is the best. I try to go more often but it is a little pricey so I try to find coupons or gift cards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good but I didn'tTerryDined on 4/5/2014The food was good but I didn't think it was worth the $42.50. That is high for the selection of food offered. I also expected the girls to dance more than 3 dances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Revisit for UsSecondAveDined on 4/5/2014We found the food to be fair at best. The buffet was sparse and the wait staff (at least the fellow we had) seemed uninterested in actually serving us. Maybe they don't get tipped well since you have to go to the buffet for anything but meat and there are meat servers separate from the waiters. The "live entertainment" was odd. The closest I could come to as a description would be "bad belly dancers or maybe Bollywood dancers - who looked bored BTW". It will definitely not be a repeat experience for us and anyone who asks us, we do not recommend it. Also, the section of this review that asks how we would recommend this place does not offer a selection to say "won't recommend" or "won't return". So I chose scenic view.Special Features:
- great food and serviceLovemeatDined on 4/5/2014The concept of the Brazilian Churrasqueria is great. Initially it was slow to start bringing the meat, but I guess it was because we arrived too early. The quality is not goos as some of the Brazilian ones I have been in the US like Fogo da Chao, but better than couple of places I went in Montreal. I guess for the size of Ottawa is an excellent option, and being superior that the ones I have tried in Montreal gives a very good reference point and excellent level for the Ottawa area.Special Features:
- Dissapointing eveningRealdineloverDined on 4/2/2014Quality of the self serving salad bar was below any reasonable expectation and number of dishes was extremely limited. Only beef Parmesan and Lamb were of reasonable test the rest either overcooked or undercooked. The place looks and feels as going out of business
- We ate at the Ekko early -BobbieDined on 4/2/2014We ate at the Ekko early - that's just who we are. The food was delicious, service - spot on. It was our first time and we will definitely go back but we'll bring the family next time. Maybe try a Friday or Saturday evening to see how the entertainment is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original Outing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Exciting from the moment you walk in. Our waiter was fantastic, the food was never ending, the service was the best !! The entourage and dancers just made the whole experience over the top ! Definitely do it again.....Special Features:
- Worse birthday dinner ever!!!!missJDined on 3/28/2014Went with my family on Friday for my birthday. I had the experience with the Ekko De Brasil in Gatineau which was great but my experience at the Aylmer location was bad enough that I will not return. The meat took forever to be served at the table and most of the meat was cold and not cook well....my parents end up eating some salad since the meat was not good...my mother told the waitress that it was my birthday and the waitress brought me a piece of cake with a candle and tell me "do you want me to sing Happy Birthday"...lol..really?? in that case I told her no that will be just fine..anyhow, I will never return to this location...it's more expensive then the one in Gatineau and you are really paying more money for a 5 mins dancing show..
- Service was to fast at theDisapointedDined on 3/23/2014Service was to fast at the beginning. We had just received our drinks and they started none stop with the meats. We finally decided not to order wine because some of us had finish eating. Those of us that taken time for our drinks and to ask several time to be serve meats. It was a Sunday and the restaurant was not that busy. As for the food many hot dish were cold and we had to ask to get fresh platters.
- Good times!Buddy12Dined on 3/22/2014We were a group of 10 and one of the couples were from Calgary. They loved the food and have a similar restaurant in Calgary and said it was better than Calgary liked the show (dancers). It was the first time for all of us and everyone enjoyed their meal. Lots to eat and had great service. I asked to be seated near the stage and they advised me they would do their best but could not guarantee anything. They had us seated centre stage. We had one person who is not a meat lover but loved the chicken wrapped in bacon. Overall, no complaints would definitely go back and recommend to people that are looking for a change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cant go wrong with BrazilcubanoDined on 3/22/2014Food was great and lots of it... With all the food going around it would be good to have bigger plates, just a thought and or the servers/replace plates.. The bottle of wine we ordered Berigan Cab Sauv was 35$ at liquor store it was 9.99$ thats the only thing that really bugged me. I can understand marking up the price for wine however felt that was gauging...Overall will go back however to the location were you can bring your own booze.Special Features:
- Terrible Experiencecaptaincrunch67Dined on 3/21/2014Service was slow, no water refills, way too expensive for the quality of the meats. The whole experience was not worth it and we will never go back.
- Over priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014Slow service Overpriced Hidden fees Lack of choice of salad bar Never going backSpecial Features:
- Great place to "meat" :-)RickDined on 3/14/2014The assorted meats were delicious and cooked to perfection. The accompanying buffet was limited which is not a bad thing since I wanted to leave room to sample all the spit-roasted goodness. The show was not extravagant but a nice distraction. The service was great and very attentive. We had a Teambuy cupon for two and the diner ended up costing around $110 for two with 2 mixed drinks, a bottle of good wine a Brazilian coffee and desert. That's much more resonable than the estimated regular price of $250 with tip. Not sure I would pay that price for a buffet. We will return with friends next time we can get a Groupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Brazilian Roast & cheap BuffetEkkoFeederDined on 3/7/2014Brazillian BBQ meats were excellent (beef, lamb & pork - skip the sausages and rib eye), but although the buffet was okay, it was nowhere as appetizing as the meats - vegetarians beware !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014It was the first time I went to a restaurant where the good reviews that I had read previously did not do it justice. It was truly incredible with amazing service and extremely friendly staff. I highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion! The meat and sides were simply amazing. As the bonus, the drinks were reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Lovers DreamSmall089Dined on 3/7/2014As with all Brazilian style restaurants this is again an amazing experience for meat eaters. The meat comes served medium/rare and is extremely well seasoned and top grade quality. The service is exceptional and on Friday, Saturday and Sunday they have live Brazilian entertainment (dancers/ band). Would recommend for a group or couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The More the MerrierJohnDined on 3/5/2014Great place to share with a group of friends. Food is very good and worth waiting for. Servers are very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this place for freshly BBQ meats served at your table. Good variety at the buffet table too.Special Features:
- Good experienceMikePDined on 3/1/2014Ekko provides a very nice experience. It is a buffet with a difference. Thanks to our waiter the service was fine, but the food servers (blue shirts) seemed to avoid our table all the time and we had to ask our waiter to bring some of the meats that we missed. Our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.