83 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eighty3memphis.com/
- Phone: 901-333-1224
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adrianna Shea
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering for your premier events. Contact us at 901.333.1223
- Private Party Facilities: Let our experienced culinary and attentive service staff handle every detail of your next event or meeting. The Madison is an elegant setting for most any event: - Business Meetings & Seminars - Private Events - Specializing in small and intimate weddings - Receptions - Holiday Parties - 120-seat meeting room with available high-speed internet access - Spacious, modern board room - Two hospitality suites for entertaining - Boardroom Seats 20 guests - Each section of the Ballroom seats 50 guests - Combine Ballroom seats 120 guests - Rooftop with the best view of Mississippi River and spectacular sunset holds up to 100 guests for private function.
- Special Events: Please visit our web site at www.eighty3memphis.com for a list of our ongoing special events.
A word from eighty3
At eighty3, we have a real passion for extraordinary taste, and good times. The vision, inspired by nationally renowned Consulting Chef, Rodelio Aglibot, and driven daily by Executive Chef Adrianna Shea, is about globally inspired cuisine with southern sensibilities and designed for sharing or traditional dining. eighty3 is the place to meet, to toast, to create life experiences, and share imaginative plates. passion food. share amongst yourselves.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
eighty3 reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)romantic (19)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good for food, great service!RJV79Dined on 8/23/2014The service from our waitress was excellent. It was our first time to eighty3 and she went over the menu with us listing her favorites and why along with the most popular dishes. She was very social at the right times and let us eat when the food arrived. The meals were good. The salmon had good flavor but was a little over cooked so a tad bit dry. The Ahi Tuna salad was right on. We started with the queso & rojo salsa, it was tasty and finished with the blueberry bread pudding, yum. The prices were a little steep, however, pretty much in-line with other downtown dining establishments. After dinner we went up to the roof for a few drinks. Great view but the drinks are over-priced.Special Features:
- A unique menu offering!!FredDined on 8/2/2014The variety of menu options caught my attention and caused us to make a reservation. The food was excellent and the service was absolutely second to none. Highly, highly recommend Grille 83.Special Features:
- Yummy!tinkrbella20Dined on 7/30/2014My husband and I were here for dinner before a show at the Orpheum, and it was excellent! He had the famous Chicken & Waffles and I had the Short Rib Pot Roast. Both were the perfect portion size and cooked to perfection. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Not impressedDanielleDined on 7/27/2014The food was just ok. The service was slow. Would not go back.
- Brunch is good, too.RobbinsVIPDined on 7/27/2014We've had dinner and lunch at eighty3 before but this was the first time for brunch. The chicken and Mac and cheese waffle was sinfully good! All else good too. Try itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFirstdate99Dined on 7/16/2014It was a first date and I was happy with my pick. Started off with a bottle of wine which the wine list is a little small but has a few good ones on there. We order the oyster ap and it was amazing. Must get. Then I order the 8oz filet with the wedge salad. Omg the filet was so good. My date got the seafood dish not to big a fan. We finished off with the deep fired Oreos. They were amazing as well. Over all great night and ended the evening at the Madison roof top bar. Great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but....FromoutoftownDined on 7/5/2014We were staying at the Madison so it made sense to eat at this highly rated restaurant. The food was really good. The crab cake may be the best I've had and I've been to the Eastern Shore. The Shrimp and Grits were deconstructed and really tasty. The Shrimp Beignets were both different and excellent. The Gumbo may have been award winning but lacked chunks of seafood, etc. The only issue- albeit a minor one- was the screaming children. Not conducive to an adult night out and this was at 8:15 or so. Still- an enjoyable meal with solid service from Bryan. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatmanDined on 6/28/2014Very noisy! Was not greeted at door for at least 5 minutes after arriving for a confirmed reservation.Special Features:
- Hippy,Chic Fusion Dining!WooldawgDined on 6/28/2014I called to make reservations for a birthday dinner, very professional service overall from the entire staff, they completed the meal with a comp bread pudding dessert for the birthday event, cool atmosphere, funky menu and even better wine list, parking garage is close by and they validate! Try the Chicken Mac-n-Cheese Waffle entree, so flame!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLocalDined on 6/28/2014Food was delectable. There should be at least one veggie option available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoseDined on 6/28/2014The hostess told us "sit any place"" which started us off noting what once was an elegant restaurant had changed. It seemed they had called in help from other places, as they were all dressed differently. Service was OK. food was good. The next time I am looking for a special dining experience, I will not go to Grill 83.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Our server was obviously tweaking. I grew up in a halfway house where my parents helped recovering addicts. I can spot it. She was lovely and pleasant but as the night wore on, her ability to function deteriorated. Unusual at this kind of establishment. I hope your company offers help for folks struggling with addiction.Special Features:
- In town for the Book of MormonsyummyDined on 6/27/2014Found this restaurant online. Looked at the menu and it looked yummy. We were not disappointed. Great drink list, great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad practiceOyster1959Dined on 6/18/2014Came for the grilled oysters which were advertised $1, but only get at the bar, which has very limited seats. Sat at table, and ended up paying $28 for a dozen. Kind of sneaky bait and switch.
- Father's DayWillReturnDined on 6/16/2014I took my 2 nephews and my son here to celebrate Father's Day. Their aunt and a 2 years old accompanied us. There are no items on the menu for kids but they made a special meal for the 2 years old and served it early. I was very appreciative of that. We each ordered something different and all enjoyed their selections. Our server was excellent. She was very familiar with the menu and made great suggestions to improve the experience. Be prepared to pay a little more than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Hanna our server was amazing-knowledgeable professional personable. Dinner and dessert were delish. Presentation beautiful. Afterwards stunning sunset at the roof bar. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eighty3 is Ninety7smith4529Dined on 6/14/2014Location is iffy (on street with lots of vacant storefronts). Service by Paul was attentive, but non-obtrusive. Steak was great, as was Low Country Pasta and Salmon. Vegetarian among us found plenty to eat. Kied photos by local photographer.Special Features:
- loveditDined on 6/5/2014Awesome! Great food and service. Shrimp Beignet appetizer is the best!Special Features:
- Great service, good foodBartlettgirl0823Dined on 5/29/2014We took a small group here for a business dinner. Service was excellent, food was good but not over the top for the prices charged. Ambiance is nice but noise level is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceCrisDGVIPDined on 5/26/2014We came in for a spur of the moment lunch on Memorial day. We both had been there for dinner many times, this was a first for us for lunch. My spouse had his heart set on the bone in filet which was not in the lunch menu. Fortunately for him, our server spoke to the chef and prepared it special for him for lunch. I also ended up ordering off the lunch menu. It was delightful and we enjoyed a nice bottle of wine with our perfectly cooked steaks. Our server was attentive but not overbearing. We had a lovely time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- understaffed or something...onelogDined on 5/25/2014Walked in and were asked by the bartender if we had reservations, then she just pointed at a table instead of actually seating us. We sat down and looked at the one page menu for a solid 20 minutes before our drink order was taken by the bartender(who I think was a manager), even though there were only 3 other tables with people in them. Still didn't see our waitress until she came to refill our water. Food was still tasty, but service was just so slow! I don't know if they were understaffed or just had a new waitress, but I wouldn't quite recommend this place unless you have the time to wait.Special Features:
- Mother and daughter bruncheathavenDined on 5/18/2014My daughter and I have Baruch every Sunday. This place is by far the best place we have come. Service and food was great!!! The mixed drinks can use a little work. Overall, great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May 10, 2014HappydinerDined on 5/10/2014Gathering of 12 family and friends to celebrate after my son's Law School graduation ceremony. Very accommodating. Food and service exceeded expectations. Excellent feedback from all in my party. In the Madison Hotel - nice older art-deco style hotel in downtown Memphis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 244 reviews are from the eighty3 reviews archive.
- NoneMontyDined on 4/27/2014This was a good place keep up the good work................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhBrunchloverDined on 4/27/2014When we walked into the almost empty restaurant (3 seated tables) for brunch, we were told by all four waitresses that we'll be right with you... About ten minutes later, we were finally seated. The decor is interesting with graffiti paintings on one wall and bright colored paintings of buildings and other things on another. The food was alright. The gumbo wasn't what I'd consider award winning. The breakfast potatoes are delicious. Overall, it wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't go again.Special Features:
- awesomepappyVIPDined on 4/26/2014They are always consistent and simply put.... Awesome every time! Never had a bad meal or drink here and the service from Hannah is always phenomenal.Special Features:
- Wow!MinersDined on 4/20/2014Fantastic food!!.......... Will be back,great customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no he didnt...Tab03Dined on 4/20/2014The food and ambience was good. This was our 2nd dinning experience with at the restaurant. Our first was on New Years and it left a pleasant and wonderful dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!TlovesfinediningDined on 4/12/2014Very nice atmosphere! The service was great! The peach cobbler martini and fried chicken and mac and cheese wrapped in waffles were an amazing surprise! Ending the evening with a visit to the roof top was really nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestFoodiesnobDined on 4/5/2014For downtown Memphis there are MUCH better restaurant for the quality, service, view and money you'll spend. It's a nice hotel restaurant.
- So good!lzsoccerDined on 4/5/2014The waitresses and hostess were amazing! They really made the experience and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedkamille901Dined on 4/5/2014My sister and I are always looking for new places to eat and I think we are gonna add this one to the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timercurtisSmithDined on 4/3/2014I have been looking for new places to try in my city and someone very special to me, hip me to this fine establishment. There are 2 staff members that made the the night a night to repeat. The lovely "Q" and the amzing "Miguel". Their knowledge of the menu and wine list is phenomenal!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful girls nightCharrieDined on 4/1/2014Had a wonderful girls night out! It was quaint and the food was wonderful, not to mention our hostess and waiter were remarkably attentive. I highly recommend a visit soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A notch below upscaleChopDined on 3/30/2014The restaurant had the ambiance of fine dining. Valet parking at the door, but once inside it's very small with a limited menu to match. My order was the low country seafood pasta. It was a fairly well portion size but it seemed as if there was no chef in the kitchen. The plate was brought to me messy without the chef flair or stamp of approval. On top of that, the food was very bland. Nothing hit my palette that made me crave for more. 83.....was chopped from my upscale dining list.Special Features:
- Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2014The service was the best. The 16 ounce Bone in Filet is the best steak ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Wonderful ServiceFoodieCoupleDined on 3/22/2014For fabulous food & great service, give Eighty3 a try. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worse then beforeMychechkaDined on 3/22/2014I had been to this restaurant couple of years ago and loved it. This time - not so much. It has gotten more casual - despite not casual prices! The food was just OK. Not worth the price ticket anyway. Service was excellent, no complaints here. Do not think will want to try it again.
- Small and GoodKassDined on 3/6/2014This is a small place, but it has a very friendly feel. The staff are helpful. When asked, they give their opinion about each item on the menu. For example, "that is my favorite" or "don't get that". I like that. I was there interviewing a person for a job and the noise level was fine for talking across a table. Food is very good and not "crazy" expensive. Great bread pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd give eighty3 a 94.slugburgerDined on 2/28/2014Was late getting reservations for my anniversary, I quickly searched for the first with open tables on a Friday night. eighty3 had some available. This restaurant is attached to the Madison hotel in downtown Memphis. Much better than your typical hotel bar, but I would say reservations are not the norm and probably rarely necessary. There was multiple table open ( bar area is as large as table area.) After waiting a few minutes at the entrance, we were greeted and our waitress was fantastic. Food A++ and servings were plentiful. $$$ $165 for two with a glass of wine and a few beers. If you are going to spend a weekend in Memphis, stay at the Madison & have one night of drinks & dinner @ eighty3, you'll enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.