83 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eighty3memphis.com/
- Phone: (901) 333-1224
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adrianna Shea
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering for your premier events. Contact us at 901.333.1223
- Private Party Facilities: Let our experienced culinary and attentive service staff handle every detail of your next event or meeting. The Madison is an elegant setting for most any event: - Business Meetings & Seminars - Private Events - Specializing in small and intimate weddings - Receptions - Holiday Parties - 120-seat meeting room with available high-speed internet access - Spacious, modern board room - Two hospitality suites for entertaining - Boardroom Seats 20 guests - Each section of the Ballroom seats 50 guests - Combine Ballroom seats 120 guests - Rooftop with the best view of Mississippi River and spectacular sunset holds up to 100 guests for private function.
- Special Events: Please visit our web site at www.eighty3memphis.com for a list of our ongoing special events.
A word from eighty3
At eighty3, we have a real passion for extraordinary taste, and good times. The vision, inspired by nationally renowned Consulting Chef, Rodelio Aglibot, and driven daily by our team of culinary professionals, is about globally inspired cuisine with southern sensibilities and designed for sharing or traditional dining. eighty3 is the place to meet, to toast, to create life experiences, and share imaginative plates. passion food. share amongst yourselves.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
eighty3 reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (16)romantic (12)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Cornbread.TJWBDined on 11/1/2014The skillet cornbread is AMAZING! Service is always great. Solid wine list. Do yourself a favor and end the meal with the fried oreos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun EveningSadInMemphisDined on 10/29/2014The restaurant is cute and quaint. Food is good, some underseasoned- grits, potatoes, deviled eggs. Short ribs were terrific as were the shrimp beniegts and the skillet cornbread. The server was attentive and engaging. It was a fun time and a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, and interesting foodDiner1968Dined on 10/25/2014The menu had a large number of interesting, eclectic items. Variation of pasta and seafood that would be hard to find other places in Memphis. Food was very flavorful, and substantial portions. Would defintely go back another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodAUDonavanDined on 10/12/2014Sat on the patio which was very nice and quiet. It was a Sunday night though. We tried the jalapeno margarita and it was tasty with a serious kick! One was enough. The deviled eggs appetizer was excellent, but it only came with 3 halves and it was pricey! They really need to consider offering a bit more as we devoured in less than a minute. My wife and I shared the lowcountry seafood dish and I am glad we did. It was plenty, but I will say it was very very spicy and filling! My wife couldn't eat all of hers because of it. Overall, very good and I would return.Special Features:
- Kind of a let down.oko9Dined on 10/11/2014We were from out of town but had dinner at Eighty3 last year and thoroughly enjoyed the service and meal. Fast forward to this year and the experience did not measure up. The food was overcooked to the point of being dry and the service was incredibly slow...it took nearly (3) hours to finish. After dinner desert and coffee was at least 30 minutes in arrival.
- Great time.TryingnewplacesDined on 10/10/2014This was our first time here.. We loved it!! It was quite and romantic our server was amazing and recommended great food and drink choices.. Will def be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Poor ServiceTine14Dined on 9/13/2014After 20 minutes we were seated, we asked if we could order some drinks, before that, we got no attention. When somebody came he was in a big hurry, he requested, that we should order everything. No non-alcoholic cocktails available (for a good service it should be very easy to create this with two/three juices, even if it is not on the menue). When our entres came, the appetizer dishes were still on the table and the waitress asked us, if we could help, so we put everything on the next table. next table wasn't cleaned up as well and so we sit next to a big tower of dirty dished. They didn't cleaned it up, until we left the resaturant. Nobody asked us about a new drink. My vegetables includes black burned pieces.
- Excellent!LeeBDined on 9/12/2014Awesome steak, great service! Went there for my wife's birthday dinner. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for food, great service!RJV79Dined on 8/23/2014The service from our waitress was excellent. It was our first time to eighty3 and she went over the menu with us listing her favorites and why along with the most popular dishes. She was very social at the right times and let us eat when the food arrived. The meals were good. The salmon had good flavor but was a little over cooked so a tad bit dry. The Ahi Tuna salad was right on. We started with the queso & rojo salsa, it was tasty and finished with the blueberry bread pudding, yum. The prices were a little steep, however, pretty much in-line with other downtown dining establishments. After dinner we went up to the roof for a few drinks. Great view but the drinks are over-priced.Special Features:
- A unique menu offering!!FredDined on 8/2/2014The variety of menu options caught my attention and caused us to make a reservation. The food was excellent and the service was absolutely second to none. Highly, highly recommend Grille 83.Special Features:
- Yummy!tinkrbella20Dined on 7/30/2014My husband and I were here for dinner before a show at the Orpheum, and it was excellent! He had the famous Chicken & Waffles and I had the Short Rib Pot Roast. Both were the perfect portion size and cooked to perfection. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- The following 264 reviews are from the eighty3 reviews archive.
- Not impressedDanielleDined on 7/27/2014The food was just ok. The service was slow. Would not go back.
- Brunch is good, too.RobbinsVIPDined on 7/27/2014We've had dinner and lunch at eighty3 before but this was the first time for brunch. The chicken and Mac and cheese waffle was sinfully good! All else good too. Try itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFirstdate99Dined on 7/16/2014It was a first date and I was happy with my pick. Started off with a bottle of wine which the wine list is a little small but has a few good ones on there. We order the oyster ap and it was amazing. Must get. Then I order the 8oz filet with the wedge salad. Omg the filet was so good. My date got the seafood dish not to big a fan. We finished off with the deep fired Oreos. They were amazing as well. Over all great night and ended the evening at the Madison roof top bar. Great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but....FromoutoftownDined on 7/5/2014We were staying at the Madison so it made sense to eat at this highly rated restaurant. The food was really good. The crab cake may be the best I've had and I've been to the Eastern Shore. The Shrimp and Grits were deconstructed and really tasty. The Shrimp Beignets were both different and excellent. The Gumbo may have been award winning but lacked chunks of seafood, etc. The only issue- albeit a minor one- was the screaming children. Not conducive to an adult night out and this was at 8:15 or so. Still- an enjoyable meal with solid service from Bryan. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatmanDined on 6/28/2014Very noisy! Was not greeted at door for at least 5 minutes after arriving for a confirmed reservation.Special Features:
- Hippy,Chic Fusion Dining!WooldawgDined on 6/28/2014I called to make reservations for a birthday dinner, very professional service overall from the entire staff, they completed the meal with a comp bread pudding dessert for the birthday event, cool atmosphere, funky menu and even better wine list, parking garage is close by and they validate! Try the Chicken Mac-n-Cheese Waffle entree, so flame!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLocalDined on 6/28/2014Food was delectable. There should be at least one veggie option available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoseDined on 6/28/2014The hostess told us "sit any place"" which started us off noting what once was an elegant restaurant had changed. It seemed they had called in help from other places, as they were all dressed differently. Service was OK. food was good. The next time I am looking for a special dining experience, I will not go to Grill 83.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Our server was obviously tweaking. I grew up in a halfway house where my parents helped recovering addicts. I can spot it. She was lovely and pleasant but as the night wore on, her ability to function deteriorated. Unusual at this kind of establishment. I hope your company offers help for folks struggling with addiction.Special Features:
- In town for the Book of MormonsyummyDined on 6/27/2014Found this restaurant online. Looked at the menu and it looked yummy. We were not disappointed. Great drink list, great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad practiceOyster1959Dined on 6/18/2014Came for the grilled oysters which were advertised $1, but only get at the bar, which has very limited seats. Sat at table, and ended up paying $28 for a dozen. Kind of sneaky bait and switch.
- Father's DayWillReturnDined on 6/16/2014I took my 2 nephews and my son here to celebrate Father's Day. Their aunt and a 2 years old accompanied us. There are no items on the menu for kids but they made a special meal for the 2 years old and served it early. I was very appreciative of that. We each ordered something different and all enjoyed their selections. Our server was excellent. She was very familiar with the menu and made great suggestions to improve the experience. Be prepared to pay a little more than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Hanna our server was amazing-knowledgeable professional personable. Dinner and dessert were delish. Presentation beautiful. Afterwards stunning sunset at the roof bar. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eighty3 is Ninety7smith4529Dined on 6/14/2014Location is iffy (on street with lots of vacant storefronts). Service by Paul was attentive, but non-obtrusive. Steak was great, as was Low Country Pasta and Salmon. Vegetarian among us found plenty to eat. Kied photos by local photographer.Special Features:
- loveditDined on 6/5/2014Awesome! Great food and service. Shrimp Beignet appetizer is the best!Special Features:
- Great service, good foodBartlettgirl0823Dined on 5/29/2014We took a small group here for a business dinner. Service was excellent, food was good but not over the top for the prices charged. Ambiance is nice but noise level is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceCrisDGVIPDined on 5/26/2014We came in for a spur of the moment lunch on Memorial day. We both had been there for dinner many times, this was a first for us for lunch. My spouse had his heart set on the bone in filet which was not in the lunch menu. Fortunately for him, our server spoke to the chef and prepared it special for him for lunch. I also ended up ordering off the lunch menu. It was delightful and we enjoyed a nice bottle of wine with our perfectly cooked steaks. Our server was attentive but not overbearing. We had a lovely time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- understaffed or something...onelogDined on 5/25/2014Walked in and were asked by the bartender if we had reservations, then she just pointed at a table instead of actually seating us. We sat down and looked at the one page menu for a solid 20 minutes before our drink order was taken by the bartender(who I think was a manager), even though there were only 3 other tables with people in them. Still didn't see our waitress until she came to refill our water. Food was still tasty, but service was just so slow! I don't know if they were understaffed or just had a new waitress, but I wouldn't quite recommend this place unless you have the time to wait.Special Features:
- Mother and daughter bruncheathavenDined on 5/18/2014My daughter and I have Baruch every Sunday. This place is by far the best place we have come. Service and food was great!!! The mixed drinks can use a little work. Overall, great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May 10, 2014HappydinerDined on 5/10/2014Gathering of 12 family and friends to celebrate after my son's Law School graduation ceremony. Very accommodating. Food and service exceeded expectations. Excellent feedback from all in my party. In the Madison Hotel - nice older art-deco style hotel in downtown Memphis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoneMontyDined on 4/27/2014This was a good place keep up the good work................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhBrunchloverDined on 4/27/2014When we walked into the almost empty restaurant (3 seated tables) for brunch, we were told by all four waitresses that we'll be right with you... About ten minutes later, we were finally seated. The decor is interesting with graffiti paintings on one wall and bright colored paintings of buildings and other things on another. The food was alright. The gumbo wasn't what I'd consider award winning. The breakfast potatoes are delicious. Overall, it wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't go again.Special Features:
- awesomepappyVIPDined on 4/26/2014They are always consistent and simply put.... Awesome every time! Never had a bad meal or drink here and the service from Hannah is always phenomenal.Special Features:
- Wow!MinersDined on 4/20/2014Fantastic food!!.......... Will be back,great customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no he didnt...Tab03Dined on 4/20/2014The food and ambience was good. This was our 2nd dinning experience with at the restaurant. Our first was on New Years and it left a pleasant and wonderful dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!TlovesfinediningDined on 4/12/2014Very nice atmosphere! The service was great! The peach cobbler martini and fried chicken and mac and cheese wrapped in waffles were an amazing surprise! Ending the evening with a visit to the roof top was really nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestFoodiesnobDined on 4/5/2014For downtown Memphis there are MUCH better restaurant for the quality, service, view and money you'll spend. It's a nice hotel restaurant.
- So good!lzsoccerDined on 4/5/2014The waitresses and hostess were amazing! They really made the experience and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedkamille901Dined on 4/5/2014My sister and I are always looking for new places to eat and I think we are gonna add this one to the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.