Egg and Dart
4029 N Miami Ave
Miami, FL 33127Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Egg and Dart
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.egganddartmiami.com/home.php
- Phone: 7864311022x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm
Brunch: Saturday+Sunday 11:00am-4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Egg and Dart
The menu honors the breadth of traditional Greek cuisine by bringing fresh, wholesome cooking from all regions of Greece. Diners can enjoy a sumptuous array of mezze (small plates) including calamari, grilled and stuffed with a trio of cheeses; shrimp saganaki sautéed in a tomato and feta sauce, and steamed mussels, infused with white wine, dill, garlic and parsley; Greek staples like hummus, and main courses of impeccably grilled meats, and seafood. Complement the dining experience with a selection of signature specialty cocktails, as well as traditional Greek liquors like ouzo, metaxa and masticha. Grillas and Theodorou collaborated with their designers to create a rustic environment with an urban appeal. The restauranContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Egg and Dart reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sunday brunchMarkFVIPDined on 5/18/2014So far, I've only been here for brunch. We've tried a number of different items and all of them worth repeating, but, starting off the meal with pistachio crusted bacon with bread and tzatziki sauce is something to look forward to. The pistachio encrusted French toast on challah was outrageous, and the lamb sliders are fantastic too. Great spot for a Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!BrowardgirlDined on 5/13/2014We booked Egg and Dart because of its proximity to the Arsht Center. We have season tickets and coming from Broward we are always looking for a new place to eat before a show. This place is great! The decor and ambience feel like you're in Greece! The bar is beautiful and they have a variety of specialty cocktails. The hummus was the best I've ever eaten, and there was no hesitation when we asked for cucumbers instead of pita. The service was outstanding. We were really made to feel at home and special! We will definitely be coming back again! We really want to try all the mezzes, as they all looked great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the tripDiningDiva1VIPDined on 5/3/2014This was our first time at the restaurant and we will not be back. Before going in, we noticed that the outside of the restaurant is unkept and there's garbage in the planters. Not a good sign and worst when you have arrive and no one is in the restaurant. We should have left at that time. The service was poor and the quality of the food was worst for the price. This restaurant needs to revamp or just close down.Special Features:
- Great local greek food!EtineVIPDined on 4/27/2014Have been trying to find a decent Greek place for a couple years in this area and am happy to say that I have finally found one. Their chicken kebab was amazing and best tzaziki in town! I don't know why this place isn't more packed for dinner! Device was great. Can't wait to dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy experienceAndyDined on 2/27/2014Unfortunately our visit to Egg and Dart this past Thursday night was not good. Service was just all right. Spanakopita appetizer came ICE COLD and the waitress was not happy to have to replace it. Moussaka was inedible (our guest from out of town ate two bites and pushed the plate away. Ugh) Greek salad okay, tomatoes good. This seems to happen with this restaurant. One visit, everything is good, the next everything is not so good. Not sure we'll ever go back now. PS We have been there several times but never sure if it will be good or not.
- Great experience everytimeiml1Dined on 2/23/2014We have dined at Egg & Dart several times with just the two of us, 26 friends and parties in between. Always great friendly service with great food and drinks. Also, we feel a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With some tinkering, can be betterjillbermanVIPDined on 2/16/2014Lovely space, feels like a porch at the beach. Smelled strongly of chlorine cleaners upon entry. Not the worst smell, but not the best. Brunch menu interesting. Really enjoyed the salads and the greek omelet in phyllo, though tomatoes in salad were disappointing. Nice service and pace. Good place to go before theater at Arsht Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKJanisDined on 2/1/2014The restaurants in the Design District are now popular. This one, however, is only Fair. The food was mediocre, and no one was there until 8:00. They do make a mean Cucumber Martini.
- We waited about 15 minutesKml6400VIPDined on 1/25/2014We waited about 15 minutes before asking a busboy to send a waiter so we could order drinks while waiting for the rest of our party to arrive. About 5 minutes later we asked the hostess to send someone. A server finally rushed over and apologized upon discovering that we were "in a rush." Maybe it was a language barrier issue, but we didn't think asking to order drinks within 20 minutes of arrival was rushing. The waiter didn't welcome us to the restaurant or introduce himself, but did mention that he had another big table of diners and hoped it would excuse any issue with service. He was a friendly server but didn't seem to have a clue. The food was overall pretty good, but I probably wouldn't go back in light of the poor service.
- A warm welcomeA234Dined on 1/25/2014We had a large gathering to commemorate the passing of someone in the family and the folks at Egg and Dart were absolutely marvelous. They set a beautiful table for us right next to the bar, so that people could take a bit of time to talk at the bar before going to the table. The drinks were amazing, beautifully mixed, wonderful concoctions, especially the spicy orange mojitos and prosecco sangria! And the food was equally great. Fresh, well-prepared with wonderful flavor and seasoning, and served with care by a very accommodating staff. Our family is hugely grateful for making this occasion as good as it could possibly have been. Heartfelt thanks and sincere appreciation!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableLuckyNVIPDined on 12/14/2013The space is very nice and full of natural light. We went on a Saturday and we enjoyed a very nice brunch. Almost every dish can be shared and the service and prices were very good. Easy on stret parking and very quite are near to Midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor EverythingconnoisseurSOBEVIPDined on 12/10/2013We went with a group of 10 people to celebrate a BDAY. When we got our menus, they were out of bread, appetizers, almost everything. We didn't want a risk eating any old food. We walk-out and went across the street to Harry's Pizza.
- Gem in MidtownMichaeljDined on 12/6/2013Consistently delicious. Great ambience. Bacalao croquettes were delicious, as was the Greek tasting platter, & chicken kebab. Excellent drinks as well. I always love coming here.Special Features:
- Great find for GreekMiamisueDined on 12/6/20135 of us shared plates, and had a filling, delicious meal for moderate cost. There is a wide variety of excellent appetizers. We enjoyed the mixed plate of spreads with pita (be careful, a couple of them are spicy) , meat balls and salads, but the star for us is the grilled octopus. The serving is very generous, amazing tender and flavorful. We then shared the whole grilled fish and the chicken kabob. We left fully satisfied, both with the great food and the attentive and friendly service. We bring friends to Egg and Dart whenever we can.
- E&DJPDineVIPDined on 10/12/2013Food was good, service was good, but the noise level was disturbingSpecial Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedInesVIPDined on 10/11/2013Had not heard much about Egg and Dart and decided to give it a chance. The spicy orange mojito was superb and what a nice take on a traditional cocktail! The restaurant was really noisy but with a nice atmosphere and the food was good - husband had the mediterranean seabass and spent the whole time picking bones out - but taste was great. I had lamb and although that was good, the eggplant puree described on the menu, ended up being more of a mashed potato (which I don't eat). Overall a good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Greek FoodDinnerqueenDined on 10/6/2013The Greek food is very authentic!! The ambiance is very nice ! And the brunch is fantastic!!! Every time we go it's better and better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If I can't dine in Greece tonight..MariBVIPDined on 10/5/2013...this is the next best thing! Greek food is among my favorites, so I'm fairly picky about the quality and authenticity -- and this does not disappoint! The cheese plate was delish and varied, the tzatziki perfect and the zucchini croquettes aromatic. The grilled lamb chops were perfect, but the star of the show was the grilled octopus -- by far the BEST grilled octopus I've had anywhere! Portions are large, so we took a lot of leftovers home... and the octopus was still delicious the next day. The restaurant itself is quite lovely, the service was good and the wine we had was perfect: a lovely Greek white, Tsantalis 2009, an Agioritiko in a beautiful round bottle. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing from theEupalinosDined on 10/3/2013Very disappointing from the point of view of food quality and ambience, Thursday night the place was almost empty (we should have followed the rule of not going to a empty place, better to qeue for hours on a packed ). No valet parking available, we had to park a couple of blocks away…….Service was attentive, the waitress that was assigned to us did a great job. But what they call Rustic Greek Food is really mediocre, tasteless and worthless version. I am sure that if you buy frozen greek food from any supermarket aisle, you will be better off. The place is already on our list of places to avoid at all means
- Good, average; not great.HDiazDined on 8/9/2013The service was good, the decor and ambiance nice. The food was acceptable, a bit too low on salt though. Prices fair.Special Features:
- Food was very good. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2013Food was very good. Service was good and very friendly staff. Noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful GemRainbowKeeperVIPDined on 7/7/2013This is a delicious restaurant in every aspect of the word. The food the ambience the service, all wonderful. I did find the music a bit too loud but then this is Miami. This was the first time I had brunch here and it did not disappoint, I would go back again and again. I have had dinner here many times. Definitely, if you have not been to Egg and Dart, go go go!Special Features:
- Our meals were delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2013Our meals were delicious, the service was outstanding ! The ambiance very congenial to have a good meal and a good evening. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone !! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a relaxing mealMartaDined on 6/23/2013Have been to E&D several times, at night, for lunch and for brunch. The atmosphere is always friendly, service is great and the food is amazing. Their Crab Cakes Benedict are delicious and so are their refreshing drinks. They never dissapoint us and we always recommend them to our friends that want to have a casual, relaxing meal where food is never a bad surprise. Only suggestion is that once in a while they offer one or two specials not on the menu. That keeps regular customers wanting to try something new each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2013Went for brunch expecting to have a good time, but I was really happy to encounter great food, a laid back atmosphere and awesome service. I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/22/2013It's nice to find an excellent Greek place in the city. The food here is great and the vibe is upscale and chic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2013W/ so many options popping up in the Design District, Egg & Dart ,keep it real. The food is fresh, uncomplicated & seasoned perfectly. Mezzes, salads, main course, all were very shareable, if you choose. Try the orange sausage. Delish! Overall a great night out & not crazy expensive. Egg & Dart will be one of our "go to" restaurants! We were very happy! Go!Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchHeatherLynnnDined on 6/9/2013I've only been here for brunch, and it is fantastic! The homemade mini muffins and candied bacon that are brought to your table when you are seated are DELICIOUS! Everything we ordered was good. I took advantage of the unlimited mimosas, and our server never let my glass go down past half. We brought our daughter who is 1 and the couple we met for brunch also brought their 1 year old son. I am always hesitant to bring my toddler to a new restaurant not knowing if we will be disruptive to the other patrons. I was presently surprised to see many other couples with their children. Well behaved children I might add. This place is perfect for family or getting together with a group of friends. We will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2013Great brunch experience. Menu is a la carte. Bottomless mimosas are awesome. They start with half OJ half sparkling wine. As you drink, all they pour is sparkling wine, so you don't over consume OJ. Service was attentive and the dishes we ordered came out at perfect intervals. Pumpkin bread muffins and bacon is served at each table and its a delicious combination. We ordered the banana pancakes, Croque Madame, and zucchini croquettes. Everything was so tasty and delicious. The Croque Madame was our favorite. Highly recommended. If you have a young one like we do, it's best to go as soon as they open at 11am on Sunday. Not many people there. They offered a delicious watermelon juice for our little one and she loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- is a hidden gemCandlelightVIPDined on 6/1/2013I was pleasantly surprised to find this restaurant. We're always looking for nice place in the design district and they're always packed and hard to get a table. This seemed like such an oasis with beautiful ambiance and great food. Their homemade humus is delicious. Waiters were really nice!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great, the staffmumuDined on 5/18/2013The food was great, the staff was very friendly and personable. The noise level was too loud for my taste couldn't carry a conversation.Special Features:
- We were energetically greetedelimarVIPDined on 5/18/2013We were energetically greeted by our server who recommended we order a salad and appetizers as the portions are quite large. We followed his suggestion and could not finish the two appetizers and Greek salad we ordered. We were sorry there were only two of us as the menu had a lot of appetizers to choose from and next time we will bring a posse, It is a casual environment and everyone around us seemed to be having a good time. The bar was quite busy, We would definitely recommend it to our friends and we intend to return .Special Features:
- Opa!TonyHTonyHVIPDined on 5/12/2013We love this local gem. The staff is always friendly and knowledgeable and the food is consistently superb. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Transported to Grecian....isle...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013Charming...spotless...delicacies. ...mythology...and mixlogy FANTASTICALSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awful - very slow,WS331Dined on 5/11/2013Service was awful - very slow, not attentive. The decor is nice but seats were uncomfortable. Drinks and appetizers were awesome! Hummus, cheese pie...delicious. Main dishes were a bit disappointing - just not as tasty compared to the small dishes. We'll probably go back again though just for drinks and snacks at the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dart over to Egg & DartJamesBrownInMiamiVIPDined on 4/28/2013Brunch was excellent. I had crab cake benedict. It was great. The menu is Mediterranean and Greek. The bottomless mimosas are a great find for a Sunday afternoon.Special Features:
- I thought every good not exceptionahappyfoodieVIPDined on 4/27/2013I thought every good not exceptional. I could not find one thing that wowed me..It is a nice restaurant but do not think I would make the drive again to go...Was not that impressed...
- Absolutely wonderful experiencececilongaDined on 4/20/2013Absolutely wonderful experience at Egg & Dart! Appetizers were delicious, entrees perfect and baklava dessert was to die for! Service was excellent. Would definitely recommend. Can't wait to eat there againSpecial Features:
- We basically had the restaurantstyleosophyVIPDined on 4/6/2013We basically had the restaurant to ourselves when we arrived, but had a ball. The food was great, service was extremely helpful and the bottomless mimosas were truly "bottomless", we never saw the bottom of the glass. You have so many choices to eat, it's a visit we make again whenever we are in Miami. There is also a lounge area available to reserve for private parties.Special Features:
- Great boozy brunch.BrianLong4328Dined on 3/31/2013Love the Greek sampler plate and bottomless mimosas. Staff is VERY friendly and food is great.Special Features: