13101 Shaker Square
Cleveland, OH 44120Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://edwinsrestaurant.org/
- Phone: 2169213333x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm. Closed Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Gilbert Brenot
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Brandon Chrostowski 2169213333x
A word from Edwins Restaurant
EDWINS Restaurant is steeped in tradition and care for the community. Restaurateur Brandon Chrostowski offers a unique experience with Chef Gilbert Brenot's seasonal, classic French cuisine in the midst of Cleveland's Shaker Square. The restaurant has a unique mission; to do good and eat well, offering formerly incarcerated men and women with a second chance through hospitality and culinary arts.Continued
The charming bar and lounge are a welcoming spot for before and after dinner drinks.
The charming bar and lounge are a welcoming spot for before and after dinner drinks.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Edwins Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Shaker Square ›
Edwins Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (113)special occasion (103)neighborhood gem (103)great for outdoor dining (84)romantic (67)notable wine list (62)hot spot (35)good for groups (21)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Lovely Evening!bkath2000Dined on 9/15/2014I met a friend here for drinks. We had the goat cheese salad, chose 4 cheeses from their cheese cart and enjoyed a lovely wine recommended by the bartender. It was a wonderful evening - the food was fantastic - the service was terrific! This is my second time there and it was just as lovely as the last time. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Never dissapointsTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have dined at this restaurant 7-8 times since it opened and it always is consistently excellent. Immediately after being seated you are served what might be the best bread in the city. The wine list and menu are extensive and reasonably priced. The food is always outstanding. My personal favorite is the fish of the day which is usually potato crusted grouper or halibut in an excellent light sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was fantastic, from the cheese plate to the soufflé. Service was not what I would have expected from the staff, but I understand many of the servers are learning the process.Special Features:
- Excellent meal as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Top class meal at Edwins. The special of the night - rack of lamb was awesome. As always the deserts are divine. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyed itLorenSDined on 9/5/2014There were two couples. Everything was great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!FoodmanVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great experience! Entrees terrific and innovative, cheese selection unbelievable and don't miss the blue cheese bread pudding. Not sweet but savory and different. Nice wine selection and not expensiveSpecial Features:
- Always enjoy Edwins!PatriciaDined on 8/29/2014The food at Edwin's was, as usual, excellent. And the service was solicitous and friendly. I would go to Edwin's even if it didn't have the mission that it does - urge others to frequent Edwin's as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceFashionista81Dined on 8/22/2014The service was really good, the food was good but not great. My husband and I were very pleased with the decor, ambience and atmosphere. From a design standpoint, I think the table we sat at should probably be omitted from the layout. It was a high traffic area between the kitchen, bar and restrooms. The staff was constantly running into each other as they worked to provide exceptional service. Our table was only for two, so the restaurant would definitely gain a lot more room for the staff/guests to transition between the various functional spaces. Also, I think the bar should consider a few more creative cocktails to the menu. I ordered the grouper and my husband, the strip. He felt like the strip had too many peppercorns.Special Features:
- Always wonderful.DianeVIPDined on 8/20/2014I eat at Edwins regularly and have never been disappointed. Came the first time to be supportive of a great concept and keep returning for the food and service.Special Features:
- Wonderful SurpriseWrldTrvlrDined on 8/19/2014I selected Edwin's based on an opentable review. I added a note on our reservation about our 25th anniversary. Three separate staff members stopped by durning the evening to wish us well. I ordered the Horseradish encrusted salmon which I would highly recommend! I also had the Bananas Foster which was prepared table side. This dessert was only surpassed by the great personality of the preparer, she was pleasant, funny and enthused about giving us the full "experience"! I can't tell you enough about how wonderful this restaurant was, great food, good service and romantic ambience. Almost forgot to thank the door host who took us to our car under his umbrella so we wouldn't get wet - class all the way.iSpecial Features:
- A REAL GEM!MouseMom39VIPDined on 8/14/2014We have had the pleasure of dining at Edwins several times since it first opened late last year, and we can truthfully say that we have always had wonderful dining experiences. The menu, which is French inspired and changes seasonally, is diverse and delicious, and we have enjoyed everything that we have tried. The potato wrapped grouper is outstanding, and the duck confit that was on the winter menu, was one of the best I've had. The staff, whether they are full time employees or students, go out of their way to do their best to provide excellent service. The fact that Edwins Restaurant is packed with patrons of all ages, from early evening until late at night, is the true testament to the caliber of food and service that they provide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent and attentive service with a very good wine list. Escargot were rather tough and a bit strong tasting. Fish (grouper special) was fresh, flaky and perfectly prepared. Salmon was also tasty and nicely presented. Dessert "soup" did not quite work as the sorbet lacked flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Delancey Street in CLEShakerFrancophileDined on 8/14/2014Many years ago, friends in San Francisco took us to Delancey Street Restaurant, whose model Edwins emulated: create a workforce re-entry program that teaches hospitality and culinary skills to people who've had problems with the law. It was a wonderful experience. I am so happy to see Edwins creating the same for Clevelanders--both for customers who get well-prepared, classic french fare served in a sumptuously-decorated, Palladian-windowed venue @ Shaker Square and for those who need a new start. My duck a L'Orange was succulent and gamey--just the way it should be and DO NOT miss the chocolate pyramid dessert--goes down like velvet! Kudos to Brandon Chrostowski for bringing this to the North Coast!Special Features:
- HnstjimDined on 8/9/2014Servers first day...she tried very,very hard.nice lady..food was very good, duck and grouper...drinks need need a little help,ie how does one make them..all in all, my wife and I will certainly returnSpecial Features:
- BEST IN CLEVELANDJoesReviewDined on 8/9/2014Eswins is the best in Cleveland, not only is the food outstanding, but you can not find a better group of team members as there. We did not have to ask for refills of anything whether it was the water glasses, bread, butter or cocktails.Special Features:
- Excellent service & excellent foodndereknDined on 8/9/2014This is our second time eating at Edwin's. My wife and I ordered the exact same entrees we had previously. We loved it the first time and it was even better the second time. We brought our teenager and she loved it too. Excellent service. Everyone takes care of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off to a good startbardparkerVIPDined on 8/8/2014overall i enjoyed myself at edwin's. the braised rabbit was delicious as were the escargot. the scallops with grapefruit were good, just not great. the wait staff was a bit too attentive. each time one of us took a drink of water, there was someone to refill the glass...to the brim. really not necessary and a bit intrusive. all of the wait staff were pleasant. i would recommend edwin's and will try it out again myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryDinnerClub17Dined on 8/7/2014The food and service are fantastic. I will definitely return again. I had a selection from the cheese cart, the Paupiette and a chocolate soufflé. Everything was delicious. We sat on the patio and it was great outside dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edwins RestauranteatwelleatoftenDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Edwins. The food was good and there are many people serving each table to make sure you are taken care of nicely. The restaurant itself was nice, but the noise level was very high and it is hard to hear the conversation at your own table. We will be back.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseJanineVIPDined on 8/1/2014Food was well prepared & creative. Salmon was excellent. Service was impeccable. Definitely returning.Special Features:
- PrissyFrenchteacherDined on 7/30/2014Fascinating and creative menu, impressive assortment of cheeses, attentive staff, weird errors in spelling of menu items in FrenchSpecial Features:
- EdwinsDined on 7/26/2014Very good in every aspect! Service was the best. We never waited for a thing. It was my husbands birthday and he loved the rack of lamb. He only wished he could pick it up and chew on the bone it was so good. Wine was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eveningdiningdeb19Dined on 7/25/2014Besides the menu being eclectic and interesting, the service was over the top! The waitstaff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed, and practically escorted each one of us to the restrooms to make sure they were easy to find. We ate outside on a perfect summer night, and we loved feeling the energy of Shaker Square and enjoying excellent food.Special Features:
- edwins-a jewelstashDined on 7/22/2014The food was outstanding.The restaurant is charming.The service was perfect with very knowledgeable people & all extremely helpful.will return & bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDinewithGusto11Dined on 7/21/2014Outstanding dining experience. Food is excellent. Service was bountiful and timely. People are pleasant and always at hand. Special treatment was very appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheese!pjeanDined on 7/19/2014The cheese sampler was fantastic! I've never seen such cheese offerings. I have never had such great service at a restaurant. My sea scallops with ruby red grapefruit was delightful. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- psmrVIPDined on 7/18/2014Edwins is a wonderful addition to Shaker Square and the independent restaurant scene. Food is excellent. Staff are enthusiastic. Combine these features with its mission, Edwin should be on everyone's list of restaurants to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was Fantastic!MagsDined on 7/16/2014Great food, great service beautiful place. Outstanding mission. Owner was in the dining room for most of our visit. What a wonderful idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great.DianeVIPDined on 7/16/2014Everything was perfect on this evening. Great service: friendly, but not cloying. Server knew the menu and the wines and made good recommendations. Gave prices for the specials instead of our asking. Plates were cleared together instead of separately. Definitely this staff has been well trained in service and should be commended. Food was excellent all around. I have now had all the vegan options and hope that these will change seasonally. But, they are so good, I can continue ordering these. My friends split their meals of fettuccini and fish special and the kitchen split the plates (very nicely done). They loved their dinners, too.Special Features:
- Delightful Evening!Mumzie1039Dined on 7/16/2014This was our first visit to Edwins but it won't be our last. The young people being trained in the food industry did a very nice job during our visit. We tried the fish special which was an excellent grouper, the rabbit and a vegetarian entree, and all were delicious. The waiters were very attentive with the bread and filling water glasses. The ambience is lovely. It was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/15/2014We had a very nice evening here. Very good service (except the shaky presentation of the cheese cart by a young man who seemed to be trying but was painfully nervous about it). Some dishes were better than others, but overall the food was quite good. Great wine, including very adept recommendations. And we particularly liked the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent variety and qualityliddon21VIPDined on 7/15/2014The menu offers dishes not readily available in many area restaurants. The rabbit pie was spiced to just the right extent, and the snails were not overwhelmed by garlic, as is so often the case. I found the cooking much improved over my first visit, and will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continuing to excelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014I have been coming to Edwins since it opened, and I have never been disappointed. Great food and service. I will need to come back again soon and try the Oyster Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subtle tastesBobHeightsDined on 7/10/2014The occasion was my wife's birthday, and we brought our kids, 18 and 21. We went because we "bought into the mission" of Edwins. And we knew some of the folks who were instrumental in helping the concept find a place, start the training, and open the doors. The food was superb. We asked for extra bread so that no juice or sauce went unappreciated. The wait staff was attentive and ready to engage. Brandon, the owner who met us at the door and stopped by our table more than once, has succeeded in making Edwins a working model for the community at large. Pay attention, folks. We're going back to Edwins.Special Features:
- Great food, even better conceptJennDined on 7/9/2014Have an amazing dinner and support the community at the same time. The cocktail list is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dining experiencehelliebellieVIPDined on 7/9/2014We've eated at Edwins many times and have enjoyed each visit. The potato wrapped grouper is a MUST!Special Features:
- Amazing!foodloverDined on 7/8/2014My boyfriend and I went. He got the New York strip and I got the spinach linguini. The steak was amazing and my linguini was the best pasta I've ever had in my life. Their service was amazing. Everyone was so kind. The creme brûlée we had for dessert was the best creme brûlée I've tried. I would recommend everyone to go try Edwin's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundFmayseDined on 7/5/2014This was an all around great experience. The cocktails were spot on. The salads and soup were pleasant and not bland. The entrees were fantastic. I highly recommend the rabbit. Lastly, the dessert souffles were absolutely, amazing. You have to order them with your dinner, but they are well worth it. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We're so lucky!RebK1VIPDined on 7/3/2014I am so glad that Edwin's has chosen Shaker Square as their home. This is a lovely spot for this restaurant. We sat inside this time in the lovely dining room; tables set with white linen table cloths, sparkling silver and glassware. The service was very good, our waitress lacked a little knowledge about the menu and wine selections but was very attentive, professional and friendly. The food was lovely. I had the vichyssoise and the rabbit in mustard sauce, my companion had the rabbit tarte and the foie gras; All were prepared to perfection. The only criticism I have is that the plats principaux should have a vegetable pairing. I am looking forward to returning sometime soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We had a great dinner with our favorite other couple. It was just wonderful. All of the food was delicious and beautifully presented. The service was the absolute best we have ever experienced. Just to let you know, one of us had spinach lunguini, one had portabella mushrooms, one had salmon and one had duck preceded by lobster bisque. Nothing was found wanting. If you love fine food and exceptional service, this is the place to dine.Special Features: