13101 Shaker Square
Cleveland, OH 44120Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://edwinsrestaurant.org/
- Phone: 2169213333x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm. Closed Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Gilbert Brenot
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Brandon Chrostowski 2169213333x
A word from Edwins Restaurant
EDWINS Restaurant is steeped in tradition and care for the community. Restaurateur Brandon Chrostowski offers a unique experience with seasonal, classic French cuisine in the midst of Cleveland's Shaker Square. The restaurant has a unique mission; to do good and eat well, offering formerly incarcerated men and women with a second chance through hospitality and culinary arts.Continued
The charming bar and lounge are a welcoming spot for before and after dinner drinks.
The charming bar and lounge are a welcoming spot for before and after dinner drinks.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Edwins Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Shaker Square ›
Edwins Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (111)special occasion (101)neighborhood gem (94)romantic (73)great for outdoor dining (69)notable wine list (58)hot spot (38)good for groups (17)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (7)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Fantastic Experience!FineDiningfanDined on 10/18/2014Great restaurant with excellent service, food, and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseGiftmaanDined on 10/14/2014Food was excellent and service very attentive. Have already suggested it to several friends. Found an appetizer didn't think any Cleveland restaurant would attempt. It was excellent and compared favorably to the same dish recently sampled in Paris.Special Features:
- A great meal, a worthy causeBettyVIPDined on 10/13/2014We've dined at Edwins (stands for "Education Wins) several times and have never been disappointed. The servers are pleasant and solicitous, the surroundings lovely. The French menu is ambitious and every once in awhile there's a miss. But overall, the quality of the food is also very good.Special Features:
- ExquisiteBlueJen1Dined on 10/11/2014The cocktails were unique and inspired, the food delectable, and the service was noticeably friendlier and more attentive than in similar establishments. Edwin's offers both a meal and an experience not to miss!Special Features:
- unique dining experienceJamesDined on 10/11/2014Everything about Edwins makes it a special night out. The food is excellent, the service is attentive and friendly, the location and atmosphere make the evening fun.Special Features:
- virgilVIPDined on 10/11/2014Our dining experience was fine and the service was extra fine. Three of our four meals were excellent and the one order that our friend said was way too salty and the mushrooms were hard eat (a pasta dish ) was exchanged quickly and without question for something else. We will certainly come back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014f Food and service was excellent. Great place to go before the Symphony. Think it is a wonderful concept and I enjoy supporting it.Special Features:
- Great experience!MooseDined on 10/9/2014We came to celebrate our anniversary. The staff was so energetic, attentive and happy. They were working hard and really seemed to enjoy what they were doing. The food was superb and I am a very picky eater. Highly recommend the Butternut Beet Soup and the rabbit entree. Edwin's is a gem in the Cleveland dining scene and they are doing great stuff in the world - a hit combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb in Shaker Heightsalvin1972Dined on 10/8/2014Edwins is a gem. Wonderful dinner. I had lobster bisque, followed by mussels in a citrus reduction. My wife had seafood salad followed by lamb. Everything was perfectly prepared and presented. One happy note was the efficiency of the service. Things moved along quickly and smoothly. No dawdling! Would return in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014My favorite restaurant in the city! Impeccable service, delicious food, beautiful ambiance, great features and extensive wine and cocktail listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICEGastromanDined on 10/7/2014Our waitress was very attentive and polite. Food choices were fine, nothing exceptional, but enjoyable. Price was a little pricey. Overall nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebDDined on 10/7/2014This is a fantastic restaurant on every level. It is now my favorite restaurant in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real French foodIsabelleDined on 10/6/2014I am French; not French-Canadian. I am therefore often reluctant to go to French restaurants in the U.S. because it not the same, regardless of the price tag. I was pleasantly surprised with Edwin's. Above and beyond the admirable mission of the establishment, the food is very good and it is a beautiful space. I highly recommend the foie gras appetizer and the "paupiettes de poisson," ours was grouper that night. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Edwins sets a high barNEOdinerDined on 10/4/2014We went to Edwins for a birthday dinner. It was the first windy chilly fall evening we've had but the moment we came in we felt warmed and welcomed. The decor is beautiful, romantic and cozy. The service was outstanding; everyone who served us checked back to see how the course was. We had the rabbit pie based on others' recommendations; scallops; duck; bananas foster and then the cheese table. The food was wonderful, the portions were just the right amount, and we could tell a lot of attention had gone into each item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the decor and choice of musicSouperGrammyDined on 10/4/2014The food was delicious and the service very attentive and friendly. The portions were generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous French FoodLoubeohDined on 10/3/2014This is an expensive restaurant; there is no way around that. That being said; it is worth every penny. I saved for 3 months and did not feel violated in any way. Everything about the restaurant was sublime. The food was amazing. It's traditional french fare prepared with attention to detail: subtle seasonings, interesting textures and amazing depth of flavor to everything. I highly recommend it for very special occasions or if you want to understand why french cuisine earned it's reputation.Special Features:
- Special place...KristieDined on 9/27/2014We are happy to support Edwin's mission by dining there for a special evening out and were not disappointed. Good wine, very interesting and tasty vegan and vegetarian options, and helpful staff. Since it seems to be early in the new class rotation, the managing staff seemed to be in frequent rotation on the floor modeling work flow techniques and assisting the new team members. Our server was attentive, very patient, honest about what she did and did not know, but most importantly, she was willing to go ask. The biggest issue was the room's lively acoustics. Overall, we had a wonderful time and our guests were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Evening!CboeschDined on 9/27/2014Dined at Edwins for the first time last Saturday with a group of friends....We ALL can't wait to return. The food was delicious (menu and specials spectacular), service so fabulous (anticipating needs) and the fun never ended! Everyone at Edwins made it their job to ensure the evening was beyond great...Complete success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor food AND poor service1492Dined on 9/27/2014the food was awful, I ordered on of the vegetarian dishes. The vegetables were all cooked until they were soggy and the tofu was ice cold. The service was horrible, it took forever to get everything we requested even though there are employees everywhere. I will never go back....
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Edwin's. The service was incredible. The owner continued to check in with us. Per the recommendations from other reviewers, we ordered the cheese tray. The server was very knowledgeable about the different varieties and made some good recommendations. The salads were good, but nothing spectacular. The entrees were also good, a varied menu. I enjoyed my duck very much. We had 2 different desserts at our table which we enjoyed. Overall a great evening.Special Features:
- Food outstandingspacystacersDined on 9/26/2014The food was wonderful. The rabbit pie slices were tasty, the salmon cooked to perfection, and the warm goat cheese salad = to die for. The goat cheese was so rich and delectable that I could not even finish it all. I begged to bring it home, even though there really wasn't a large portion left! Sitting outside was lovely (though the music was a bit different-not my personal preference). A modern feel.Special Features:
- Celebration on the SquareDCHWilliamsDined on 9/25/2014On Thursday evening, my husband and I celebrated my 55th birthday. The wait staff was very kind and generous. They made us feel warm and welcomed. The owner stopped at our table several times during the evening to insure that we were enjoying ourselves and the delicious food items. I highly recommend Edwin's Restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Excellent food & flavorsdiningadventureDined on 9/23/2014We had the salmon and beet salad, both were fantastic. There was one small error on our order, but it was resolved very quickly. Attentive service. Coffee and dessert was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shaker Hts. Gem!Love2DineDined on 9/22/2014We celebrated out anniversary at Edwin's and thoroughly enjoyed it! The ambiance and service was fantastic! The bread that is imported from France was delicious and they continued to refill our plates thoughout dinner. We enjoyed 2 of their vegan dishes, whe we thought were overpriced for the size of the portions. The wine and the dessert were both fantastic! Overall, it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!EatinandLivinDined on 9/19/2014I had an amazing evening at Edwins. We had oysters to start, followed by delectable salads. The steak au poive was one of the best ive ever had and almost melted in my mouth. The owner is always pleasantly involved in all aspects of the restaurant, and took the time to personally help us pick out wine. I cant wait to returnSpecial Features:
- mouthwideopenDined on 9/19/2014Charming maps and memorabilia add a touch of interest to the surroundings, adding to the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentIsabella17Dined on 9/18/2014We brought our Son for his Birthday. The Desk did not acknowledge our reservation..... We were squeezed in a very small table when larger tables were available in a better location of the restaurant....our table was in the path of the serving staff/kitchen. It was a beautiful atmosphere. The server was attentive but not knowledgeable about menu/wine/after dinner liqueur. Our salad and dessert was outstanding but our main course was a disappointment. Not sure if we will return since we live 45 minutes away.Special Features:
- Parisienne? Par chanceFoodie4lifeDined on 9/18/2014Not quite the French cuisine I would have hoped for but overall not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Evening!bkath2000Dined on 9/15/2014I met a friend here for drinks. We had the goat cheese salad, chose 4 cheeses from their cheese cart and enjoyed a lovely wine recommended by the bartender. It was a wonderful evening - the food was fantastic - the service was terrific! This is my second time there and it was just as lovely as the last time. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Never dissapointsTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have dined at this restaurant 7-8 times since it opened and it always is consistently excellent. Immediately after being seated you are served what might be the best bread in the city. The wine list and menu are extensive and reasonably priced. The food is always outstanding. My personal favorite is the fish of the day which is usually potato crusted grouper or halibut in an excellent light sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was fantastic, from the cheese plate to the soufflé. Service was not what I would have expected from the staff, but I understand many of the servers are learning the process.Special Features:
- Excellent meal as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Top class meal at Edwins. The special of the night - rack of lamb was awesome. As always the deserts are divine. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyed itLorenSDined on 9/5/2014There were two couples. Everything was great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!FoodmanVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great experience! Entrees terrific and innovative, cheese selection unbelievable and don't miss the blue cheese bread pudding. Not sweet but savory and different. Nice wine selection and not expensiveSpecial Features:
- Always enjoy Edwins!PatriciaDined on 8/29/2014The food at Edwin's was, as usual, excellent. And the service was solicitous and friendly. I would go to Edwin's even if it didn't have the mission that it does - urge others to frequent Edwin's as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceFashionista81Dined on 8/22/2014The service was really good, the food was good but not great. My husband and I were very pleased with the decor, ambience and atmosphere. From a design standpoint, I think the table we sat at should probably be omitted from the layout. It was a high traffic area between the kitchen, bar and restrooms. The staff was constantly running into each other as they worked to provide exceptional service. Our table was only for two, so the restaurant would definitely gain a lot more room for the staff/guests to transition between the various functional spaces. Also, I think the bar should consider a few more creative cocktails to the menu. I ordered the grouper and my husband, the strip. He felt like the strip had too many peppercorns.Special Features:
- Always wonderful.DianeVIPDined on 8/20/2014I eat at Edwins regularly and have never been disappointed. Came the first time to be supportive of a great concept and keep returning for the food and service.Special Features:
- Wonderful SurpriseWrldTrvlrDined on 8/19/2014I selected Edwin's based on an opentable review. I added a note on our reservation about our 25th anniversary. Three separate staff members stopped by durning the evening to wish us well. I ordered the Horseradish encrusted salmon which I would highly recommend! I also had the Bananas Foster which was prepared table side. This dessert was only surpassed by the great personality of the preparer, she was pleasant, funny and enthused about giving us the full "experience"! I can't tell you enough about how wonderful this restaurant was, great food, good service and romantic ambience. Almost forgot to thank the door host who took us to our car under his umbrella so we wouldn't get wet - class all the way.iSpecial Features:
- A REAL GEM!MouseMom39VIPDined on 8/14/2014We have had the pleasure of dining at Edwins several times since it first opened late last year, and we can truthfully say that we have always had wonderful dining experiences. The menu, which is French inspired and changes seasonally, is diverse and delicious, and we have enjoyed everything that we have tried. The potato wrapped grouper is outstanding, and the duck confit that was on the winter menu, was one of the best I've had. The staff, whether they are full time employees or students, go out of their way to do their best to provide excellent service. The fact that Edwins Restaurant is packed with patrons of all ages, from early evening until late at night, is the true testament to the caliber of food and service that they provide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent and attentive service with a very good wine list. Escargot were rather tough and a bit strong tasting. Fish (grouper special) was fresh, flaky and perfectly prepared. Salmon was also tasty and nicely presented. Dessert "soup" did not quite work as the sorbet lacked flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.