13101 Shaker Square
Cleveland, OH 44120Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://edwinsrestaurant.org/
- Phone: (216) 921-3333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm. Closed Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Gilbert Brenot
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Brandon Chrostowski 2169213333x
A word from Edwins Restaurant
EDWINS Restaurant is steeped in tradition and care for the community. Restaurateur Brandon Chrostowski offers a unique experience with seasonal, classic French cuisine in the midst of Cleveland's Shaker Square. The restaurant has a unique mission; to do good and eat well, offering formerly incarcerated men and women with a second chance through hospitality and culinary arts.Continued
The charming bar and lounge are a welcoming spot for before and after dinner drinks.
The charming bar and lounge are a welcoming spot for before and after dinner drinks.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Edwins Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Shaker Square ›
Edwins Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)special occasion (96)neighborhood gem (89)romantic (78)notable wine list (56)great for outdoor dining (48)hot spot (37)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/22/2014We went there to celebrate a birthday. We had the special tasting menu with the wine flight and every course was excellent. The service was very attentive. The bananas foster desert was amazing. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014All staff was very attentive. We enjoyed the dessert prepared tableside. I advised via open table that we were celebrating birthdays & an anniversary which was acknowledged by the restaurant with delicious port wine & berries with cream. Everyone made our dining experience very memorable & special. Filet was excellent & done to perfection. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine French FoodTrishDined on 11/21/2014Fine French Cuisine. Wonderful concept to give workers training and a fresh, constructive start Service was attentive, but slow pace of serving, so don't eat here if you are in a hurrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GolfCoachDined on 11/17/2014Our waiter, Anthony, was terrific and made our evening an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing place and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/15/2014the service was amazing. my food came out very hot which I love! straight off the grill and so were the green beans. my starting salad was plain though..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!ShakerSquaredDined on 11/14/2014We had a delicious meal at Edwin's with attentive service, pleasant surroundings and really good wines. (We came for the Restaurant Week three course prix fix meal with the flight of wines that came with it.) The salmon and green beans with beurre blanc was just heavenly as was the potato leek soup and crème brulee. Highly recommended! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdwinsFirsttimerVIPDined on 11/8/2014Our first time to Edwin's and it was great. There is nothing negative to say. Food and service were wonderful with a good wine list and bar. Highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean PriddyEmpresspuma1Dined on 11/7/2014My group and I loved our experience at Edwin's. It is on our list of top Cleveland area restaurants. Thanks for the wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2014A wonderful selection of food. Always great to find something different/gourmet items that you typically can't just find on any restaurant menu. Appetizer, entrée, and dessert were very good. Intrigued by the blue cheese bread pudding. Service was outstanding. Staff was very attentive and felt very welcomed.
- Society benefits from upscale foodwoosterfoodieDined on 11/1/2014After incarceration it's difficult to become employable let alone independent. The lessons Brandon teaches his students are priceless-as the skills they learn thru fine cuisine lift them towards higher self esteem. The food is delicious and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014My only real complaint, and it's minor, is that it's very dark and I noticed several people using "personal flashlights" to read the menu. I wished I had had one, too. The music was quite loud, but I asked if it could be turned down and they did so to a level where we could still hear the music but didn't feel we had to try to be heard over it. From the maitre d' to the busser, the service was welcoming, accommodating, and efficient. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- One of the best dining experiencesRGL61VIPDined on 11/1/2014Edwin's just keeps on getting better. Brandon has created one of the best in the area. Our son drove up from Columbus for this dinner and he enjoyed every bite of his meal. With all the choices in the vibrant Cleveland area, Edwin's keeps drawing us back. the icing on the cake is that this is also a good cause that helps people who need it the most.Special Features:
- Good for the body and soullencalDined on 11/1/2014This is a very enjoyable, unique restaurant. Great, attentive service with unusual, tasty food choices. A very accessible French restaurant with delicious dishes cooked to perfection. Only restaurant I have experienced where you can add a contribution for their nonprofit training institute that prepares previously incarcerated individuals for employment in the food industry. Warm, friendly atmosphere feels like you are in a French country inn. Highly recommend. Next time I will leave room for one of these fabulous-sounding desserts.Special Features:
- NEVER DISAPPOINTS!NaranjalDined on 10/31/2014We have been to EDWINS several times since moving to Cleveland last August and it never disappoints. The nightly specials are always creative and tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't knowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014i don't know what took my husband and I so long to dine at Edwin's. The food was fantastic. The martini was delish. My steak was cooked to perf cation and the seafood sausage was bar none. We will definitely be returning soonSpecial Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/24/2014Old favorites plus new additions to the menu made for a perfect evening. Food has been elevated to an excellent rating. Chicken breast was moist with a crispy skin and the filet was prepared to perfection. Service as usual was wonderful. If you haven't tried Edwins you are missing a real treat!Special Features:
- elegant and warmLulabirdVIPDined on 10/20/2014Super spot, great food, beautiful presentation and attentive service! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Experience!FineDiningfanDined on 10/18/2014Great restaurant with excellent service, food, and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CookHappyWomanVIPDined on 10/17/2014Edwin s was excellent. The restaurant has a soothing ambiance with dark walls and a high dark ceiling, richly colored taffeta drapes and tables set with white linens and beautiful, sparking glassware. This was our second time to dine here and it easily lived up to the wonderful memory of our patio meal here this summer. Pleasant mix of patrons and if I were to guess I would say a mix of professionals, neighbors, couples, a special occasion table and double daters (four of us) like ourselves. The food is somewhat French in style, elegantly served and delicious!Special Features:
- A pleasant surpriseGiftmaanDined on 10/14/2014Food was excellent and service very attentive. Have already suggested it to several friends. Found an appetizer didn't think any Cleveland restaurant would attempt. It was excellent and compared favorably to the same dish recently sampled in Paris.Special Features:
- A great meal, a worthy causeBettyVIPDined on 10/13/2014We've dined at Edwins (stands for "Education Wins) several times and have never been disappointed. The servers are pleasant and solicitous, the surroundings lovely. The French menu is ambitious and every once in awhile there's a miss. But overall, the quality of the food is also very good.Special Features:
- ExquisiteBlueJen1Dined on 10/11/2014The cocktails were unique and inspired, the food delectable, and the service was noticeably friendlier and more attentive than in similar establishments. Edwin's offers both a meal and an experience not to miss!Special Features:
- unique dining experienceJamesDined on 10/11/2014Everything about Edwins makes it a special night out. The food is excellent, the service is attentive and friendly, the location and atmosphere make the evening fun.Special Features:
- virgilVIPDined on 10/11/2014Our dining experience was fine and the service was extra fine. Three of our four meals were excellent and the one order that our friend said was way too salty and the mushrooms were hard eat (a pasta dish ) was exchanged quickly and without question for something else. We will certainly come back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014f Food and service was excellent. Great place to go before the Symphony. Think it is a wonderful concept and I enjoy supporting it.Special Features:
- Great experience!MooseDined on 10/9/2014We came to celebrate our anniversary. The staff was so energetic, attentive and happy. They were working hard and really seemed to enjoy what they were doing. The food was superb and I am a very picky eater. Highly recommend the Butternut Beet Soup and the rabbit entree. Edwin's is a gem in the Cleveland dining scene and they are doing great stuff in the world - a hit combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb in Shaker Heightsalvin1972Dined on 10/8/2014Edwins is a gem. Wonderful dinner. I had lobster bisque, followed by mussels in a citrus reduction. My wife had seafood salad followed by lamb. Everything was perfectly prepared and presented. One happy note was the efficiency of the service. Things moved along quickly and smoothly. No dawdling! Would return in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014My favorite restaurant in the city! Impeccable service, delicious food, beautiful ambiance, great features and extensive wine and cocktail listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICEGastromanDined on 10/7/2014Our waitress was very attentive and polite. Food choices were fine, nothing exceptional, but enjoyable. Price was a little pricey. Overall nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebDDined on 10/7/2014This is a fantastic restaurant on every level. It is now my favorite restaurant in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real French foodIsabelleDined on 10/6/2014I am French; not French-Canadian. I am therefore often reluctant to go to French restaurants in the U.S. because it not the same, regardless of the price tag. I was pleasantly surprised with Edwin's. Above and beyond the admirable mission of the establishment, the food is very good and it is a beautiful space. I highly recommend the foie gras appetizer and the "paupiettes de poisson," ours was grouper that night. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Edwins sets a high barNEOdinerDined on 10/4/2014We went to Edwins for a birthday dinner. It was the first windy chilly fall evening we've had but the moment we came in we felt warmed and welcomed. The decor is beautiful, romantic and cozy. The service was outstanding; everyone who served us checked back to see how the course was. We had the rabbit pie based on others' recommendations; scallops; duck; bananas foster and then the cheese table. The food was wonderful, the portions were just the right amount, and we could tell a lot of attention had gone into each item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the decor and choice of musicSouperGrammyDined on 10/4/2014The food was delicious and the service very attentive and friendly. The portions were generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous French FoodLoubeohDined on 10/3/2014This is an expensive restaurant; there is no way around that. That being said; it is worth every penny. I saved for 3 months and did not feel violated in any way. Everything about the restaurant was sublime. The food was amazing. It's traditional french fare prepared with attention to detail: subtle seasonings, interesting textures and amazing depth of flavor to everything. I highly recommend it for very special occasions or if you want to understand why french cuisine earned it's reputation.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedExcellentVIPDined on 9/27/2014We went there when we found out they have a "service" purpose, and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was fine, the waiters attentive and engaged, proud of their work. The bananas foster were very good.Special Features:
- Special place...KristieVIPDined on 9/27/2014We are happy to support Edwin's mission by dining there for a special evening out and were not disappointed. Good wine, very interesting and tasty vegan and vegetarian options, and helpful staff. Since it seems to be early in the new class rotation, the managing staff seemed to be in frequent rotation on the floor modeling work flow techniques and assisting the new team members. Our server was attentive, very patient, honest about what she did and did not know, but most importantly, she was willing to go ask. The biggest issue was the room's lively acoustics. Overall, we had a wonderful time and our guests were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Evening!CboeschDined on 9/27/2014Dined at Edwins for the first time last Saturday with a group of friends....We ALL can't wait to return. The food was delicious (menu and specials spectacular), service so fabulous (anticipating needs) and the fun never ended! Everyone at Edwins made it their job to ensure the evening was beyond great...Complete success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor food AND poor service1492Dined on 9/27/2014the food was awful, I ordered on of the vegetarian dishes. The vegetables were all cooked until they were soggy and the tofu was ice cold. The service was horrible, it took forever to get everything we requested even though there are employees everywhere. I will never go back....
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Edwin's. The service was incredible. The owner continued to check in with us. Per the recommendations from other reviewers, we ordered the cheese tray. The server was very knowledgeable about the different varieties and made some good recommendations. The salads were good, but nothing spectacular. The entrees were also good, a varied menu. I enjoyed my duck very much. We had 2 different desserts at our table which we enjoyed. Overall a great evening.Special Features:
- Food outstandingspacystacersDined on 9/26/2014The food was wonderful. The rabbit pie slices were tasty, the salmon cooked to perfection, and the warm goat cheese salad = to die for. The goat cheese was so rich and delectable that I could not even finish it all. I begged to bring it home, even though there really wasn't a large portion left! Sitting outside was lovely (though the music was a bit different-not my personal preference). A modern feel.Special Features: