239 Marin Blvd
Jersey City, NJ 07302Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.edwardssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (201) 761-0000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Daniel de la Vega
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining room with skylight accommodating 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Dan de la Vega 2017610000
- Entertainment: Jazz Vocalist & Saxophone player Wednesday & Thursday evenings
A word from Edward's Steakhouse
Located in a newly renovated 1800’s brownstone in Historic Downtown Jersey City, Edward’s Steakhouse offers the finest in New York style steaks, chops, and seafood in a comfortable, upscale setting. The main dining room offers congenial elegance. Our backstairs dining room is perfect for private events. You may use either our standard menu or our Pre-Fixe menu; for a truly memorable experience, ask our award-winning executive chef to create a menu specific to your event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Edward's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Jersey City ›
Edward's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)special occasion (35)romantic (27)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (20)good for groups (13)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Very ImpressiveCHIQUITA635VIPDined on 11/22/2014Definitely a Neighborhood gem, their food is so delicious and service was very good Planning go back to try everything that is on their Menu. Super Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only for the steakLenaDined on 11/19/2014Everything else is overpriced and mediocre. The service is no good. A construction pounding behind the wall is quite noticeable . Definite step down compare to my firs visit there two years ago.
- Road less traveledDcubedDined on 11/15/2014Nice retreat from the chain steakhouses. Food was excellent and prepared to perfection. Wine list certainly above average. Music, atmosphere and noise level make it easy to share a Saturday night with someone special. A bit on the pricey side however the memory will outlast those few extra coins that are no longer in your pocket. Service was right on point, available but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never lets me downDeanoVIPDined on 11/14/2014Solid steakhouse. Old school vibe. Great food. Good drinks. And the service is always above par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Edward's was a hitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Very well done. Fantastic service and spot on dishes. It was our first time there based on reviews and we will be back. Prices are close to those in NYC and worth it....Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/21/2014Excellent, Excellent, Excellent. Great for a business meeting over dinner.Special Features:
- Edward's is a real find!HappyeatsDined on 10/21/2014A real gem of a steak house in downtown Jersey City! Great ambience, like a good steak house in NYC. The short rib fell off the bone and was surrounded by the most exquisitely flavored sauce. I wanted to lick my plate. The pumpkin soup starter and creme brulee end were world class. Plus the wait staff could not be nicer. The tequilla Sangria, and that is not a typo, was divine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatMJM66VIPDined on 10/20/2014this is our special treat in the JC area, Edward's never disappoints from service to food Get the Gotham to share so yummy the creamed spinach Amazing a true steak house classic that is made fresh so not a boil in the bag spinach We go about 6 times a year birthdays, anniversay, or just need a treat Just goSpecial Features:
- Thank you Edwards!DevomonsterDined on 10/13/2014My wife and I have celebrated every big occasion at Edwards. We've had our pre-annivesary dinner, rehearsal dinner and now, our first anniversary dinner there. Dan, the manager, is very accommodating and stops by to ask how we're doing. Would definitely recommend coming here for that special dinner.Special Features:
- Willbeback2Dined on 10/11/2014Love Edwards great food, great service. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Romantic SteakhouseJdLd2009Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went to Edward's Steakhouse to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. It was my second time and my husband's first time. He was amazed and loved his dish, the porterhouse. We loved the music playing in the background which was music from the 50's. Just the way I wanted to have a romantic birthday celebration. He wants to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very TastyJerseyStyleDinnerDined on 9/25/2014Had to take out business associates out for a steak. This place was recommended by a friend that loves to eat. We all had the 12 oz filet and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great local spotPicassoDined on 9/13/2014fabulous service, great food, Edward's does not disappoint. Steak is cooked to perfection. on this particular occasion, our server Mario went over and above to accommodate a member of our party.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedSimplepleasuresDined on 9/13/2014I no idea what to expect other than the online reviews and location, which met my need in a pinch. The restaurant is deserving of the positive reviews it received. I simply like Hot good food and service. All of which the restaurant delivered upon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014We had a fabulous meal and great service. This is our go-to place for special occasions.Special Features:
- steaklover8Dined on 9/6/2014My first visit to Edward's was fabulous. I had heard wonderful things about the food and the service and both were better than expected. The appetizers were delicious and everyone's meal was prepared perfectly. I would recommend the seared ahi tuna appetizer and the 24 oz porterhouse as it was as good or better than most of the NYC top end steakhouses.Special Features:
- Super eveningJubilee32Dined on 8/9/2014Basement restaurant in a brownstone in Jersey City. Great service from Mario. Nice menu with a lot of difficult choices. I picked the fix priced ($40) meal with a nice salad, appetizer, Delmonico steak with a fine potato hash brown and creamed spinach. Delmonico steaks are difficult to,cook RARE but they did it perfectly. Music selections in the background were perfect ranging from old to new. My wife chose and appetizer of clams with a wedge salad as she was not as hungry. We just stumbled on this place while capping in Jersey City at Liberty Harbor RV Camp. We will definitely eat here again if in the area.Special Features:
- Great lunchmomanoodleDined on 8/8/2014We've been here for dinner (always great), but this restaurant week we tried lunch. What a deal - they know how to cook meat to perfection.Special Features:
- Loud downstairs and good foodLauraAndrewDined on 8/6/2014It was so loud downstairs that I had to scream to my husband in order for him to hear me. The tables are too big down there and is more meant for larger parties. Edward's should note that and NOT sit tables of two for a nice reserved romantic dinner down there. Most of the food was excellent, however, the prime rib steak that we shared was very fatty and almost half of the steak was inedible due to this.Special Features:
- Never disappointsRawFoodNewbieDined on 8/5/2014I visit my children and grandchildren often and everyone looks forward to coming to Edward's for steaks (yes little children do eat steak!) Our waiter Dominick is awesome, so is the food. It's a great find. Grandma is the only one who drinks and the wine list is resspectable and I respect any restaurant with Chopin vodka!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great dinner, the starters were good and the stake was cooked to a perfect temperature. Desert was not the best but really didn't matter. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- why bother?BlannyDined on 8/1/2014If you are not going to even make an effort, why bother pareticipating in Restaurant Week? Based on this experience, I doubt I will ever return to Edward's ever again. Horrible food - stale croutons on salad that was too small even for a child, fishy, mushy, sandwich and undercooked dessert. Waiter was quite good, but food has to be at least edidle.
- A must go.carolVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food is always impeccable. The best filet mignon both sides of the Hudson. you also must try the the lump crab. For an alcoholic beverage a Saint Germain cocktail is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 304 reviews are from the Edward's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Great servicefoodiseverythingDined on 7/18/2014Ordered the oysters, which were fresh, but the minette and cocktail sauce were too sweet. The 32oz bone-in 28 days aged rib eye, shared with my husband, was nothing special...it was not even seasoned, nor was it cooked as ordered. The keylime pie, made by Cocoa bakery, was a highlight. The service was amazing, but I would not return because the food was not up to par.
- Best steakhouse in Jersey CityYeyingying1987VIPDined on 7/18/2014Food is good, service is the best!!! They recommended crab cake which is much better than I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!IberexDined on 7/3/2014The sea food was really good and the meat was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Delicious!!FoodeliciousDined on 7/2/2014We frequently dine at the wonderful neighborhood establishment!!! The owners and staff make you feel so special!! The food and service go hand in hand... delicious and detailed oriented!!Special Features:
- CharmingHawkeyeDined on 6/27/2014Comparable to the NYC steak restaurants and in close proximity to our Daughter's place in JC. The sampler seafood ap. was fantastic and a good value for $32. All steak and chop dinners were cooked exactly to our requests. I had the NY strip au poivre, it was outstanding. The host was gracious and we changed our table which was too low for my son who is rather tall, (the table was expandable).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood restsurantDannyDined on 6/20/2014We had a craving for steak and was recommended to Edward's steak house. When we walked we were warmly greeted. Our food orders had a fast turnaround and the wine pairings were perfect. It's not the best steak I've had but it was pretty good. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find!DLFLLCDined on 6/17/2014I took my wife here for a surprise afternoon date - you know that space in between when the kids go to school and when you have to pick them up... lol. This place is just 10 minutes from our home and it was a great find. People were raving about it online so I figured, why not give it a try. So glad I did because the the excellent service was only rivaled by the delicious food. The wine we chose was perfect for our steak or fish dish which my wife had. I went with the Rib Eye - I am typically a Filet guy BUT I have to say this Rib Eye was juicy and not so much marble that you couldn't chew it - it was amazing. The Chilean Sea Bass my wife chose was equally delish! Love this place and I definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksMJM66VIPDined on 6/13/2014We have gone to Edwards's several times this year If you are in the mood for a great steak in Jersey City this is the place It is a old world steak house with home made creamed spinach and mac and cheese that is heaven. Edward's is heaven on your wallet but week worth itSpecial Features:
- Recommend highlyWillbeback2Dined on 5/31/2014I've eaten here many times, the food and service is always great. Friends that I take here return on their own, we all love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningdhudDined on 5/31/2014When I want to catch up with friends and have good food and good conversation, Edwards is the place I'll take guests to impress them and it always makes me look good!! Granted, it's not a hot spot or young and trendy but those places tend to have loud music which inhibits conversation. The food is top notch, wine, cocktails, everything on the menu is wonderful and no one ever has a complaint. Even the decor is welcoming and warm and not stuffy. Two of us had the lamb chops medium, one had stuffed shrimp and one had roasted chicken and everyone loved their food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindRawFoodNewbieDined on 5/19/2014Tucked away in an attractive brownstone with beautiful flowers in the window boxes and front entrance, this steakhouse ranked up there with her pricier Manhattan. The raw oyaters, fresh greens and filet mignon were exceptional. Excellent wine list and Chopin vodka!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentsteakDined on 5/11/2014the food and service are great. Their carpaccio is to die for with the truffle oilSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mother's Day TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mom and in-laws for Edward's? Mother's Day four course fixed menu. Edward's is normally excellent, and their fixed menu was up to par. They didn't skimp on portion, preparation, or variety. Everyone enjoyed their lunch and the service was attentive and knowledgeable as usual. Excellent special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the BestHorse4lightDined on 5/9/2014I discovered Edward's a decade ago, felt bereft after Sandy closed it down, and thrilled when it reopened. I feared it would be different and not in a good way. I was thankfully and happily wrong. This place is still the best steak house around. Service (Stacie) was superior and it's great to have the restaurant downstairs. I will continue to be a patron and send all visitors and friends to Edward's for dinner. You won't find anything better!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/3/2014Overall the food was good, but the service was - eh. I felt like I was I begin served by college students. For a steakhouse with a reputation like Edward's I expected a mature server. I of the matini's ordered tasted awful and his response was to chug it - i was not impressed.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Edward's Steakhouse never disappoints. Friendly staff, great setting, fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!FoodeliciousDined on 4/21/2014From the pre-dinner cocktail to dessert,,,, fantastic! We had celebrated our wedding anniversary for a second year at Edward's! Sooooo inviting, delicious and romantic! Thank you Ann and Dan!!Special Features: