239 Marin Blvd
Jersey City, NJ 07302Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.edwardssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2017610000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Daniel de la Vega
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining room with skylight accommodating 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Dan de la Vega 2017610000
- Entertainment: Jazz Vocalist & Saxophone player Wednesday & Thursday evenings
A word from Edward's Steakhouse
Located in a newly renovated 1800’s brownstone in Historic Downtown Jersey City, Edward’s Steakhouse offers the finest in New York style steaks, chops, and seafood in a comfortable, upscale setting. The main dining room offers congenial elegance. Our backstairs dining room is perfect for private events. You may use either our standard menu or our Pre-Fixe menu; for a truly memorable experience, ask our award-winning executive chef to create a menu specific to your event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Edward's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Jersey City ›
Edward's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (31)romantic (26)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (12)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Super eveningJubilee32Dined on 8/9/2014Basement restaurant in a brownstone in Jersey City. Great service from Mario. Nice menu with a lot of difficult choices. I picked the fix priced ($40) meal with a nice salad, appetizer, Delmonico steak with a fine potato hash brown and creamed spinach. Delmonico steaks are difficult to,cook RARE but they did it perfectly. Music selections in the background were perfect ranging from old to new. My wife chose and appetizer of clams with a wedge salad as she was not as hungry. We just stumbled on this place while capping in Jersey City at Liberty Harbor RV Camp. We will definitely eat here again if in the area.Special Features:
- Great lunchmomanoodleDined on 8/8/2014We've been here for dinner (always great), but this restaurant week we tried lunch. What a deal - they know how to cook meat to perfection.Special Features:
- Loud downstairs and good foodLauraAndrewDined on 8/6/2014It was so loud downstairs that I had to scream to my husband in order for him to hear me. The tables are too big down there and is more meant for larger parties. Edward's should note that and NOT sit tables of two for a nice reserved romantic dinner down there. Most of the food was excellent, however, the prime rib steak that we shared was very fatty and almost half of the steak was inedible due to this.Special Features:
- Never disappointsRawFoodNewbieDined on 8/5/2014I visit my children and grandchildren often and everyone looks forward to coming to Edward's for steaks (yes little children do eat steak!) Our waiter Dominick is awesome, so is the food. It's a great find. Grandma is the only one who drinks and the wine list is resspectable and I respect any restaurant with Chopin vodka!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great dinner, the starters were good and the stake was cooked to a perfect temperature. Desert was not the best but really didn't matter. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- why bother?BlannyDined on 8/1/2014If you are not going to even make an effort, why bother pareticipating in Restaurant Week? Based on this experience, I doubt I will ever return to Edward's ever again. Horrible food - stale croutons on salad that was too small even for a child, fishy, mushy, sandwich and undercooked dessert. Waiter was quite good, but food has to be at least edidle.
- A must go.carolVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food is always impeccable. The best filet mignon both sides of the Hudson. you also must try the the lump crab. For an alcoholic beverage a Saint Germain cocktail is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicefoodiseverythingDined on 7/18/2014Ordered the oysters, which were fresh, but the minette and cocktail sauce were too sweet. The 32oz bone-in 28 days aged rib eye, shared with my husband, was nothing special...it was not even seasoned, nor was it cooked as ordered. The keylime pie, made by Cocoa bakery, was a highlight. The service was amazing, but I would not return because the food was not up to par.
- Best steakhouse in Jersey CityYeyingying1987VIPDined on 7/18/2014Food is good, service is the best!!! They recommended crab cake which is much better than I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!IberexDined on 7/3/2014The sea food was really good and the meat was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Delicious!!FoodeliciousDined on 7/2/2014We frequently dine at the wonderful neighborhood establishment!!! The owners and staff make you feel so special!! The food and service go hand in hand... delicious and detailed oriented!!Special Features:
- CharmingHawkeyeDined on 6/27/2014Comparable to the NYC steak restaurants and in close proximity to our Daughter's place in JC. The sampler seafood ap. was fantastic and a good value for $32. All steak and chop dinners were cooked exactly to our requests. I had the NY strip au poivre, it was outstanding. The host was gracious and we changed our table which was too low for my son who is rather tall, (the table was expandable).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood restsurantDannyDined on 6/20/2014We had a craving for steak and was recommended to Edward's steak house. When we walked we were warmly greeted. Our food orders had a fast turnaround and the wine pairings were perfect. It's not the best steak I've had but it was pretty good. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find!DLFLLCDined on 6/17/2014I took my wife here for a surprise afternoon date - you know that space in between when the kids go to school and when you have to pick them up... lol. This place is just 10 minutes from our home and it was a great find. People were raving about it online so I figured, why not give it a try. So glad I did because the the excellent service was only rivaled by the delicious food. The wine we chose was perfect for our steak or fish dish which my wife had. I went with the Rib Eye - I am typically a Filet guy BUT I have to say this Rib Eye was juicy and not so much marble that you couldn't chew it - it was amazing. The Chilean Sea Bass my wife chose was equally delish! Love this place and I definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksMJM66VIPDined on 6/13/2014We have gone to Edwards's several times this year If you are in the mood for a great steak in Jersey City this is the place It is a old world steak house with home made creamed spinach and mac and cheese that is heaven. Edward's is heaven on your wallet but week worth itSpecial Features:
- Recommend highlyWillbeback2Dined on 5/31/2014I've eaten here many times, the food and service is always great. Friends that I take here return on their own, we all love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningdhudDined on 5/31/2014When I want to catch up with friends and have good food and good conversation, Edwards is the place I'll take guests to impress them and it always makes me look good!! Granted, it's not a hot spot or young and trendy but those places tend to have loud music which inhibits conversation. The food is top notch, wine, cocktails, everything on the menu is wonderful and no one ever has a complaint. Even the decor is welcoming and warm and not stuffy. Two of us had the lamb chops medium, one had stuffed shrimp and one had roasted chicken and everyone loved their food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindRawFoodNewbieDined on 5/19/2014Tucked away in an attractive brownstone with beautiful flowers in the window boxes and front entrance, this steakhouse ranked up there with her pricier Manhattan. The raw oyaters, fresh greens and filet mignon were exceptional. Excellent wine list and Chopin vodka!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentsteakDined on 5/11/2014the food and service are great. Their carpaccio is to die for with the truffle oilSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mother's Day TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mom and in-laws for Edward's? Mother's Day four course fixed menu. Edward's is normally excellent, and their fixed menu was up to par. They didn't skimp on portion, preparation, or variety. Everyone enjoyed their lunch and the service was attentive and knowledgeable as usual. Excellent special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the BestHorse4lightDined on 5/9/2014I discovered Edward's a decade ago, felt bereft after Sandy closed it down, and thrilled when it reopened. I feared it would be different and not in a good way. I was thankfully and happily wrong. This place is still the best steak house around. Service (Stacie) was superior and it's great to have the restaurant downstairs. I will continue to be a patron and send all visitors and friends to Edward's for dinner. You won't find anything better!!Special Features:
- The following 290 reviews are from the Edward's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/3/2014Overall the food was good, but the service was - eh. I felt like I was I begin served by college students. For a steakhouse with a reputation like Edward's I expected a mature server. I of the matini's ordered tasted awful and his response was to chug it - i was not impressed.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Edward's Steakhouse never disappoints. Friendly staff, great setting, fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!FoodeliciousDined on 4/21/2014From the pre-dinner cocktail to dessert,,,, fantastic! We had celebrated our wedding anniversary for a second year at Edward's! Sooooo inviting, delicious and romantic! Thank you Ann and Dan!!Special Features:
- Wonderful neighborhood findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2014Suprisingly good find in JC Steaks were cooked perfectly service was good wine list was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Good food but overpricedMarpelDined on 4/11/2014The tuna tartare was good but somewhat flat tasting. The Chilean sea bass was also good but I was disappointed that it was presented on a bed of plain white rice. Too pricey for the quality of food. I expected it to be over the top with more creativity in the presentation and taste. My palate was not wowed in the least.
- Been here many times. NeverWillbeback2Dined on 4/5/2014Been here many times. Never disappointed, the food and service are great. I highly recommend Edwards.Special Features:
- A Solid SteakhouseDiner100Dined on 3/22/2014I recently moved to Jersey City, so I cannot comment on how this restaurant compares to what it used to be like (which I see a lot of reviewers commenting on). Overall, my experience was very good. The bartender in the front bar area and our server in the dining room were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The steaks were cooked to perfection. For the size of the portions given, the prices were reasonable. Tasty sides. Reasonably priced, good variety in the wine list. I live down the block from here, so I have a really good feeling that I'm going to be back!Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysDevomonsterDined on 3/22/2014We love taking our friends to Edwards. Best steaks in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious, welcome and fun!FoodeliciousDined on 3/15/2014Edward's Steakhouse is a place we like to call our local... where you always have a delicious meals, a great wine selection and a welcoming/fun ambiance! Dan, Annie, Tom, Nick and the whole Edward's Family are so fantastic!! Thank you again for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreShelDined on 3/8/2014Overall food was good. The service was mediocre at best. Very inattentive. Another server filled our water twice in his absence. He basically was an order taker. No connection, no appearance that he cared or was interested in our needs as dinners
- Great Steakhouse!diner167Dined on 2/26/2014This is truly a steakhouse experience. While the menu might be pricey, you do get what you pay for in both quality and quantity. The crabcake appetizer was all crab and no filler - just perfect! My sister and I shared the porterhouse for two and it was "like buttah!". Wine markups are very reasonable, the room has a clubby feel with dark leather and 1800's era touches and the service was excellent. Great hidden gem and I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food never disappointedWillbeback2Dined on 2/22/2014Great food never disappointed our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,BUTRuizDined on 2/15/2014Great food but a lil on the price heavy side. You need to know your meat and how you like it to be cooked. Your gonna pay about 250-300 maybe more if you like a good 3 course meal and a bottel of two of wine...but dont go to a place like this unless you expect to pay that price. People are great and the room is the best little spot for a romantic din for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic restaurantJCDinerDined on 2/14/2014I booked this reservation for Valentine's Day and it was a really nice, relaxing meal. It is probably one of the more expensive restaurants in the area, but that is to be expected of a steak restaurant at this caliber. It is not quite at the level of the high end restaurants in NYC, but it is also less expensive and far more relaxed. The staff was very nice and attentive and I was pleased that for Valentine's Day they had their full menu and specials and we weren't forced into a prix fixe option. Great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNB23Dined on 2/14/2014Edward's never disappoints - wonderful food, beautifully prepared, friendly service (not intrusive but there when you need them). We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceJetsboyVIPDined on 1/31/2014Edward's is a great neighborhood spot. Their meat is very good and steaks are great. Their seafood is also very good, which is notable for a steakhouse. While we eat here regularly, our only negative comment is that recipes are missing that one special touch that would take them from good to great. I'm waiting for my foodgasm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Steakhouse in JCJenny3321Dined on 1/24/2014What a unique place in a great neighborhood. Edwards steakhouse was a hit all the way around. Great food, beautiful decor/ambiance, lovely service and very cool vibe. Wine list had great choices without being overwhelming, and the food menu was the perfect variety of different steak cuts, and seafood. Completely enjoyed ourselves, we will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, friendly staff!CfmcDined on 1/24/2014Excellent food, friendly staff! Have been many times and it's a winner every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RUDE RUDE RUDE!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2014Some friends and I went to Edwards recently for Restaurant Week. it was a quiet Wednesday night, and we were one of the few patrons there that night. We decided to have some drinks at the bar afterwards. Apparently they close early at 10pm on Wednesdays, but they made no mention of this. Instead they rudely turned off all the lights around us, constantly stared at us, and made us feel incredibly unwelcome and rushed. I got up at one point to use the restroom and they had to turn the lights back on for me! This is an incredibly rude way to treat your only remaining patrons that night. Instead, they had the audacity to blame the slow night on the cold weather. Actually, I think it's your incredibly rude staff and owners!!