Edward Street Market & Bistro
14785 Yonge st
Aurora, ON L4G 1N1Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Edward Street Market & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edwardstreet.ca/
- Phone: 9058419500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday 11:30 am - 2:30 pm Dinner 7 Days 5pm Onwards
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Brad Kelsall
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Ann Stotle-Butler at email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 private dining rooms that may be opened up to one large room that can accommodate up to 65 guests
- Private Party Contact: Richard Arnold 9058419500
A word from Edward Street Market & Bistro
Relax with a glass of wine or a pint of locally crafted beer. Enjoy our genuine hospitality. Savour bright, forthright flavours; simple and exotic. Dine on perfectly prepared dishes. Celebrate with family and friends in our private dining room. Entertain colleagues, clients or loved ones. Share our passion for fine food and drink. Welcome to Edward Street, a modern bistro!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Edward Street Market & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Business LunchCulinaryAdventurerDined on 1/30/2014Our business group of 4 had lunch at the Bistro and everything was wonderful. We all applauded the sparkling crystal, spot-free cutlery, and snazzy plates. But beyond the tableware, the food was delicious. The wait staff were friendly, & made recommendations to accommodate dietary needs. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu was fairly limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014The menu was fairly limited however the quality of the food was excellent. It would also be nice to see more salad options as a main dish.Special Features:
- Aurora Gem!LadyprofDined on 1/20/2014Edward Street Bistro is one of our favourite places to dine in Aurora. They catered our wedding to rave reviews and every meal we've had since never disappoints! Wish they would add the poutine as a regular appetizer. It is by far the best "up scale" poutine ever! The attention to all their dishes is excellent. Service is always top rate and professional. This restaurant does not disappoint. A bit pricey but the food is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the relaxed feel ofOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The potato-leek soup was amazing and the lettuce salad was refreshing. Everyone loved the flat iron steak. The lamb was so deliciousness.Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were good.Special Features:
- A lot of adventurous tastepyaskgodDined on 1/6/2014A lot of adventurous taste mixes. Mine didn't really work for me. I had lamb burger. The pepper spread was too sweet and didn't go too well with the taste of lamb I thought. However my friend who had the sea bass really enjoyed it. Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service great foodFriendlyRMTDined on 1/4/2014I had heard mixed reviews on the Edward Street Bistro in the past however our dining experience was wonderful. Service was attentive and everyone loved their meals. The recommended wine was perfect and the oysters were fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch - baby friendlyIslandGroversDined on 1/2/2014Made a 35 minute drive to get there and it was worth it. Attached Market store has some very upscale foods. Everyone very personable and helpful. In the restaurant server immediately brought our 18 month old a bite size grilled cheese with celery and carrot. She knew her wines and recommended a very good Californian. All our meals were what one would expect of a very good downtown Toronto restaurant, not what one would expect in Aurora. Steak with marrow butter and truffle salted fries according to the most gourmet conscious in our group was great. Burger fantastic and they weren't afraid to make it medium-rare. We picked some goodies from the store for desert and took some home for dinner. Well worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favourite spot!OlibeckDined on 12/23/2013I love this place, great intimate ambiance, our waitress was delightful. The food is consistently excellent quality, would like to see a little more variety on the menu, my starter was one of the daily specials, lobster tempura, beautifully presented, would have liked a little more dipping sauce. The staff here are very welcoming, which is a lovely change to many places where the staff are indifferent.l Loved the free underground parking, great extra when it's icy outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2013I had never been to this restaurant before, nor did I know anyone who had tried it. After doing some research it looked like a nice local place that might be appropriate for our group of 8. When we arrived the atmosphere was very warm and inviting. The waitress was very attentive to all of our requests, and also help with recommendations. I started off with the potato and leek soup which was great, others had the lobster bites, and the crab cakes again all very fabulous. Then the main course, some of the guests ordered the sea bass, which much to there delight was a large cut of the fish, perfecting seasoned and grilled. I had the short ribs... Fantastic! The braised meat literally melted in your mouth. I would highly recommend this jem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delighted dinerDelightedDinerDined on 12/12/2013Food was excellent and perfectly cooked. Our Parisian server added to the ambience. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- edsreviewedstreetDined on 12/7/2013- always look forward to going to this restaurant for a good outing However, - not impressed that Short Ribs came with sort of hash-brown-like potato thing - not impressed that striploin steak came with way too many fritz potatoes - server did not offer information on the specials and then did not seem to provide all information based on what I heard from another server at a nearby table - restaurant did not seem busy but serevr did not come around to refill wine, etc. - cloth serviettes were very harsh - need to find a way to soften them up during washing - all in all do not think the value of the outing matched previous visits
- A great dining experience.JazzootDined on 11/9/2013Our sea bass dinner was delicious. Our French born male server was very pleasant and attentive. The relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant helped our dinner experience, which lasted over two hours. Recommended.Special Features:
- A Great OutingAurora67Dined on 11/9/2013Two of us had an enjoyable dinner there on a Saturday evening. Service was attentive from the moment we walked in the door. The restaurant recently introduced a new menu that offers a good selection of dishes and, as if that wasn't enough, our waiter had eight specials that evening to tell us about. The food was excellent - interesting flavours and all well prepared. Didn't stay for dessert, so no comment to offer on that. Definitely will be on our list of regular haunts.Special Features:
- Always Great!JimAuroraDined on 11/1/2013We had a great celebration dinner! Thanks also for seeing the note about my vegetarian friends and having a few dishes ready. You guy rock!!Special Features:
- Our first visit to this restaurantsuzeecueDined on 10/31/2013Our first visit to this restaurant was several months ago, and while we thought the food was very good, the service was slow. However, because we love the shrimp tacos we've kept coming back, and with a new manager at the helm, the service and food have both become better, and it is now one of our favourite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LetdownJbolesDined on 10/28/2013Whether it's the food or the service, something is always a big letdown at this place.
- King CityKingCityDined on 10/26/2013Our second visit to Edwards Street Bistro and were not disappointed. Delicious meal and impecable service. But it is expensive so go prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent spot in AurorafozzzieDined on 10/25/2013Went for lunch. We really enjoyed the creme squash soup, chef's special black cod, and a sirloin burger w yam frites. Very decent wine selections, and especially good choice of glass and half bottles available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal out in a long time.WayneDined on 10/19/2013Best meal out in a long time. Mussels and Lamb Shanks were unbeleaveable.Special Features:
- The first problem all threelesterDined on 10/17/2013The first problem all three of us encountered was the fact that the outside doors are either very heavy or stiff. We all arrived at different times and thought the restaurant was locked. Our waitress on various occasions seem to disappear and couldn't be found. At one point we had to ask to find her. Apparently there was a problem with the computer system and she was fixing that. She did bring a plate of appetizers on the house. The food once we got it was excellent but we felt that the service was lackingSpecial Features:
- Great find!DrMeowDined on 10/5/2013The food was high quality and well-prepared, although I was a bit disappointed in the lamb shank. The wine list is extensive and varied in both type and price range. The service was attentive but not annoyingly so, and the maitre d' was very knowledgeable. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Some items on the menu andSchuyDined on 10/4/2013Some items on the menu and on the wine list are too pricey. Menu limited on choices and getting old, need to change more often.Special Features:
- DessertFirstDessertfirstDined on 9/14/2013Was not impressed with the new menu once the new chef took over. Much more limited selections and many of my favourites no longer on menu. The reason we first started frequenting the restaurant was for the wonderful varied selection that they had.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andFridaynightdateDined on 9/13/2013The food was delicious and the service exceptional. Very good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plan to Return AgainBarkerpDined on 9/11/2013Wonderful service with attentive staff to every need and request. A great variety of menu choices and!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service. good selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013good service. good selection from Beef, chicken, duck and seafood. On the date of our visit there were a lot of tempting Chef specials. would definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great wait staff & creative dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2013My husband and I had our wedding anniversary at Edward St. Bistro on Tues. Sept. 3rd. Our waitress (sorry can't recall her name) was outstanding. She was engaged, attentive and gave us space all in an appropriate way. She also treated us to an after-dinner-drink that was unexpected and delightful. The food was original and creative which I really enjoyed (Seared Scallop appie, Lobster Gnocchi, Trio of Filet, Scallop, and Prawn on a bed of lentils and Chocolate Mousse with Peanut Butter sauce for dessert). The only comment I would make about the food is that the Gnocchi dish was slightly over salted and over cooked (more al dente please). Great night - we'll come back as we want to try your new Tapas coming up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Yummy!!!Harg80Dined on 8/2/2013We've had dinner at Edward Street Bistro a number of times and each time it's 5 out of 5. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerFoodieDined on 8/2/2013Service was excellent. Food was delicious. would recommend to friends and relatives. this was my second time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitcopper1Dined on 7/27/2013It was our anniversary and we wanted a nice place for dinner and we got exactly that. Service was excellent as was the food. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceRegulardinerDined on 7/27/2013We waited 15 minutes for a waitress, when she came she forgot to enter our appetizers, after 45 minutes, and two small discussion with the manager who did not want to take responsibility for the poor service himself, we left, unfortunate, but the I believe the manager that night should be replaced, very poor attitude towards a regular customer.
- WonderfulPylonicDined on 7/8/2013Great food, friendly service, lots of options and price points. Offers more expensive high quality fine dinning , but also simple comfort foods like burgers and pizza. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- We enjoyed a great dinnerhabsfan373Dined on 7/6/2013We enjoyed a great dinner in celebration of my wife's birthday, the food and service was amazing. It was such a pleasure to dine without the overwhelming noise of big box restaurants, and to experience such great food. Bravo!Special Features:
- Dinner was great, seafoodsimbaDined on 7/4/2013Dinner was great, seafood expertly prepared. Brought a friend who was very impressed. Service very good, am always pleased as this is an excellent restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightDinner42Dined on 6/29/2013We have been to this restaurant a few times in the past for date night and have even recommended it to friends. While we were seated right away, everything else went down hill from there. When the server arrived to take our order she did not tell us of any specials and when I placed my order I was promptly told that the mushroom agnolotti was sold out. How is this item already sold out at 7:30 pm? When our dinner arrived it was okay. Both my husband and I felt that the food was bland. Something was missing from our past experiences. Maybe the chefs passion for the meals that are being put out?... Nonetheless, we opted to pass on dessert, paid our bill and left. Hopefully the love in the kitchen will return soon.Special Features:
- Restaurant was ok, food was2hungryDined on 6/26/2013Restaurant was ok, food was pretty good, but we waited a very long time and the restaurant was not busy at all. After opening our wine bottle, the waitress dropped the lid on the floor and asked if it was ok to leave it off and we said yes. She then picked it up off the floor and put it back on the 45.00 bottle of wine! Very little waitress attention and no bread of any type served with the meal. The portions are also very small.
- First time here and founddcandhowDined on 6/22/2013First time here and found food to be very good and service to be excellent, although somewhat high priced, even by Toronto standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined at 6pm, food was veryStanleyDined on 6/16/2013Dined at 6pm, food was very slow, one order came incomplete. The food was average and over priced, not competitive. We are foodies, and are accustom to dining in Toronto where there are lots of little gems that are competitively priced and you walk out raving about the food. Server was very nice it was her first night she said. Wine list was very nice selection, desserts and coffee where quite good. I guess for Newmarket where the dining options are limited (mostly eateries) it would be considered good.Special Features:
- Slow serviceOt3591Dined on 6/16/2013What ruined our evening was the slow service. The food was nothing special. The restaurant wasn't that busy but everyone was placed in one section so it was very noisy. We had to shout at our table. We were there two hours. Many tables that were occupied prior to our arrival were still occupied when we left so it felt like a local hangout rather than fine dining. People were dressed in flip flops and shorts, certainly not dressy at all. Some of the items we ordered never arrived and we weren't charged. We would not return but go to The Keg instead which has similar food but better atmosphere and service.
- Very impressed.WheresthebeefVIPDined on 6/15/2013Pleasantly surprised to find this quality in Aurora. The service was equally good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.