169 Niagara Street
Toronto, ON M5V 1C9Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edulisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4167034222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Spanish, French
- Executive Chef: Michael Caballo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Private space on the second floor for special occasion dinners and celebrations. Three private bathrooms, separate entrance, bar setup. Menus customized for your event. Room minimum is $1500 before tax and gratuity - can be spent on food or beverage purchases.
- Private Party Contact: Tobey Nemeth 4167034222
A word from Edulis Restaurant
An intimate neighborhood restaurant combining the tradition of a great bistro with phenomenal ingredients from the forests and fields of Ontario.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Edulis Restaurant - Best Restaurants in King West ›
Edulis Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)special occasion (37)neighborhood gem (29)romantic (26)notable wine list (20)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (4)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent, as always!EdulisfanDined on 8/17/2014This is the third time we've been to Edulis for lunch and once again we enjoyed it thoroughly. The dishes are inventive and delicious, and the half-price wine by the bottle is a great treat. It allows you to enjoy wines you wouldn't necessarily get by the glass - without breaking the budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobarDined on 8/16/2014A brilliant meal, excellent service, helpful staff and a good wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spot to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Absolutely outstanding intimate restaurant. We were thrilled with the depth of flavour Tobey brought out of the ingredients. Just can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOW DO THEY DO IT?RobLVIPDined on 8/3/2014Amazing meal with all sorts of perfection. Try and save room for cheese if you can since it is amazing and so well curated by the owners. What did I like best. Who knows?? Every course was a wow!!!
- late2operaDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I had a magnificent, relaxed Sunday brunch. I am semi-vegetarian, which proved not to be problematic for the restaurant and it's tapas-size 6 course set menu. They were most accommodating so much so that I hope to return soon for dinner when hopefully the courses will be strong on fish/seafood. Hint, hint Edulis!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cottage feel with a gourmet flairfoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014My favourite thing about my 5 course meal was the homemade bread. The next was the cottagey, home like feel of the place. The food can be hit or miss depending on what they serve that evening. it is seafood and sausage heavy, so you better like that .I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014I wrote a long review on how great this restaurant was, onBookenda so hope you can access that. If not, I can repeat it. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delectable!gloriousfoodDined on 7/24/2014The braised seeds were a taste sensation and a great example of how imaginative inspired cooking highlights the goodness of fresh food, never complicating it. We are still talking about the exquisite flavour and texture of the tuna and arctic char.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining ExperiencedinahDined on 7/23/2014I havn't had a meal quite like this since the early days of Chef Michael Stadtlander's Eigensinn Farm. We had the five course menu and each course was completely unexpected and utterly delicious. The restaurant itself is charming and the servers attentive, friendly and helpful. There is a very good wine list and overall the meal is outstanding value for the very moderate price. I highly recommend Edulis.Special Features:
- amazing foodfoodiegirlVIPDined on 7/20/2014We greatly enjoyed the Sunday lunch. The food and wine were fabulous. Looking forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Over rated Ever!FoodieDined on 7/19/2014After a rave review in the Globe - change from 3 star to 4 star; best restaurant in Toronto, etc. etc. - it was low quality, over priced and very sparse portions. We eat at some top Toronto restaurants just recently at Café Boulud at the Four Seasons and Nota Bene which far outshone Edulis.
- For fabulous food - eat hereFoodiewifeDined on 7/9/2014Chose the 7 course tasting menu, but found that for four of us this was a 3 hour experience...the 5 course would have been sufficient food, although we absolutely loved every dish, be prepared to commit the time (more significant for more people)! Can not rave enough about the presentation, creativity, attention to detail, service, and fun surprise factor. Worth the wait for a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual approachfullclevelandDined on 7/9/2014You will not know what you are going to eat until it is actually presented to you. The only choice you have is whether to take the 5-course or 7-course offering. So, picky eaters and those with food issues may have some issues. Also, the restaurant is quite noisy. It is small but packed with tables. We had a hard time hearing each other across a small table. But, the food is excellent and the service was very good. Good value as well.Special Features:
- xdancer1936Dined on 7/6/2014The fact they questioned us about allergies, what foods we do not eat, in general just caring a delivering the most scrumptious meal was truly a great experience. Then with our dessert came a piece of wonderful cake bearing a lit candle 'cause it was my birthday. Cannot wait to return over and over again.Special Features:
- An Incredible ExperienceMansiDined on 7/4/2014One of the best dinners I've had in Toronto. It is definitely worth it to go for the 7 course tasting. You need to have a sense of adventure as each dish was a surprise and executed perfectly. More of a focus on fresh vegetables and seafood and some delicious and perfectly cooked meat towards the end as well. The cheese platter had a fantastic selection of hard to find cheeses from around Canada and the world. And the servers are very knowledgeable and helpful with the wine list.Special Features:
- Great, but wouldn't do againTimWVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food & experience was wonderful. But, skip the truffle addition option as it was highly overrated (we were barely able to taste them). French style locavore fine dining is definitely hard to find, but this was a good one. If I had to do this over, and it wouldn't bother me if we did, I'd just choose the small 5 course option instead of springing for the extra 2 courses with truffles. Funny, the large option with the truffles made for double the tab! If I had to choose for fine locavore dining in Toronto: my choice is still Woods.Special Features:
- A foodies dream off the beaten pathDinefrom519Dined on 6/28/2014Incredible dining experience from start to finish! The creativity of spontaneity of the chef is both delicious and incredibly memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014This place is absolutely incredible. Every time I come the food is oustanding, the service is wonderful, and whomever I go with is completely over the moon about the entire experience. My favourite restaurant in Toronto.Special Features:
- THE BRIGHTEST STAR IN THE SKYRobLVIPDined on 6/15/2014Just amazing. Ridiculously pleasing, satisfying, complex without being fussy food!!!!
- Tasting menuGayleDined on 6/14/2014The server upsold the 7 course meal from the 5 as 'more variety'. While the food was very well prepared, we found that very similar ingredients were used in several of the dishes (an overdependence on walnuts). Five courses would have been a good varietal; 7 was just more of the same. The focus is on fish/seafood (5 of the 7 courses). The room is small and has no sound baffling so it is incredibly noisy; it was difficult to hear the server describe the course being served. Service was knowledgeable but not very friendly.Special Features:
- do not like tasting menusOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The trend has to stop! get a real meal back on the menu-entrees that you can enjoy with substantial amounts. I would have prefereed their former menu style as described.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencenicjDined on 6/13/2014Flavors abound with thoughtful pairings and a delightful sequence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.foodtymesDined on 6/8/2014My favourite restaurant in the city. We've had dinner and their Sunday brunch. Every time the food is delicious and creative, and the service and setting are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food. Lacking Atmosphere.BryanGregoryDined on 6/6/2014We'd been to Edulis before for a special occasion and loved it. So when our friend turned 50, we made a reservation. Our table of 4 ordered cocktails, wine & the 7 course tasting. Food? Spectacular. Service? Awesome. But it's not just about the food. It's about food, service & atmosphere. Our table was at the washroom. Ok. But the table was also under an air vent that blew cold windy air onto the table and me specifically, hard, all night. When asked, they did turn it down. When the other side of the restaurant complained it was too warm, they turned it back on. When we tired of the blowing cold air right overhead, we turned it down ourselves and got scolded. One expects better for a $600 meal – especially on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal, exciting food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/4/2014The chefs create a masterpiece, with foods varying in taste, texture and colour. Clean and complimentary flavours abound. Each course builds on the previous one and your taste buds are stimulated throughout. Simply give yourself over for the evening and let the staff pair their wines to the meal. This is an evening which allows you to celebrate Canadiana.Special Features:
- Fabulous tasting menusanddcDined on 6/1/2014This was our first visit to Edulis. The chef and staff created and served a marvellous sequence of seven courses that were delectable. The wine pairings were a lot of fun. The atmosphere is homey and unpretentious. A wonderful place to spend the evening wining and dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winnerChaselDined on 5/30/2014Great meal, good wine list, will most certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best I've beenAppropriatelyPickyDined on 5/29/2014The food was outstanding - creative but not fussy. Menu was well though-out and very well executed. Service was also great. Attentive but not overbearing. I did not order any wine so can't comment on that. Just keep in mind it's a small space so it may be a tad loud. Otherwise, one of the best restaurants I've ever been to; including some Michelin-starred restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacularluvtotryanythingDined on 5/28/2014I am a very good cook so I look to go to very good restaurants and enjoy food that I cannot cook and could learn from. Edulis surpasses this for me, I do not think I could knock off his dishes but I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner and I did leave with a some new ideas.Special Features:
- The following 239 reviews are from the Edulis Restaurant reviews archive.
- Best restaurant in TorontoTorontoguyDined on 5/22/2014If you want a special meal in a homey small restaurant, you can't do better than Edulis. Reserve early--and anticipate a delicious and lovely evening.Special Features:
- Best in ShowTravelguy50Dined on 5/16/2014I've eaten at the best, this is one of them. Each time I go I end up booking my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to its reputationeasyeatsDined on 5/15/2014Great tasting menu experience with variety and surprise. Outstanding food. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExecellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014We had an excellent dinner and overall super experience. Exceeded expectations. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Kind and considerate serviceNicdanDined on 4/20/2014My fiancé and I had lunch on Sunday.. Each course was wonderful and so fresh .. The bread, amazing (we're dieting this week)! It was a nice sunny day, despite the little patio being closed, they set out a couple of chairs and let us finish our wine outside, just that little touch made a big difference to the overall enjoyment of our day. Thank you Edulis, for a memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edulis a dreamluv2dineDined on 4/20/2014We had very high expectations as word of mouth set the bar very high. Edulis surpassed to deliver the best dining experience we could have imagine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for the truffles...JennVIPDined on 4/18/2014Good tasting menu, added truffles to 3 courses. Scallop was so fresh it was still pulsing. There were definitely a couple flop courses though, and for that price, every bite should be delicious.Special Features:
- Tasty and interesting foodyvetteDined on 4/13/2014The menu is a five course meal, with all courses a surprise to the customer. All courses use interesting ingredients and are deliciousSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceJen21Dined on 4/12/2014Visited this restaurant for the first time with my family for a birthday celebration and I was truly impressed. I've eaten at a lot of fine dining restaurants and this one truly stood out. Amazing flavours and outstanding service. We got the 5 course meal with cheese plate and we were stuffed! I was hesitant to write a review since it is already hard enough to get a table here! I have already booked our next visit! Make sure to book early (reservations open up 2 months in advance) and there is only one 6+ person table. Truly memorable and incredible value for such delicious food.Special Features:
- pleasantly surpriseddiningouttogetherDined on 4/10/2014Not for people who want to know exactly what they want to eat. We loved that every course was a total surprise as the menu is chosen by the chef and you don't see it ahead of time. Every course was delicious and just enough to be satisfying without feeling stuffed. The dessert was light and sublime and we received a bonus dessert of Baba cake soaked in syrup and rum which was so light and airy we couldn't stop eating it. Highly recommend this lovely, intimate, candle-lit gem of a bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The prix fixes, featuringArthurJDined on 4/6/2014The prix fixes, featuring various proteins, are varied, interesting and delicious. Service was attentive and friendly, making the overall experience terrific.Special Features: