Eduardo de San Angel
2822 E. Commercial Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $50 and over
Eduardo de San Angel
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.eduardodesanangel.com/
- Phone: 9547724731
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Pria
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can set up parties up to 30 people and we have a private room for up to 7 people.
A word from Eduardo de San Angel
In some schools of thought, conventional wisdom will lend itself to Mexican food being tacos and burritos, with chips and salsa on the tables when you arrive. Eduardo de San Angel defies conventional wisdom bringing Mexican food to a higher and more refined level. Chef/owner Eduardo Pria and his unique blend of true to form traditional Mexican sauces and meticulous preparation of the freshest foods have won many awards. Here at ESA you will experience Eduardo"s passion for food and the charm of the dining rooms fashioned after a small hacienda, with fresh flowers, candlelight and unique artwork, transporting you to a village just outside of Mexico City. Eduardo de San Angel is a destination restaurant for sophisticated diners from all over the globe when visiting South Florida. Rated one of the best restaurants in the country and tops in South Florida for food and service, Eduardo and his staff are; dedicated active participants of the perpetuation in the art of fine dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Eduardo de San Angel - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Eduardo de San Angel reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (59)special occasion (55)romantic (50)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (17)good for groups (15)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A long time favoriteCindyDined on 10/11/2014Been going to Eduardo San Angel for 15 years and it never disappoints. It's our special occasion restaurant. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimothyVIPDined on 10/10/2014I've been coming here 15 years, that should speak for itselfSpecial Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I have been to Eduardo's multiple times, on a date, for a special occasion, and in a group and I have never been disappointed. The food, atmosphere, and service are exceptional. They have always treated my party like we are guests in their home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTommyDined on 10/10/2014The moment you walk in, you feel the warmth of the ambiance. We were seated right away by a friendly stall member. We were there for the "dine out Ft. Lauderdale" to try the menu and was pleasantly surprised with the amount of food and how good everything was. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican Fusion FoodFoodMamaDined on 10/9/2014We felt that the food was overpriced even on the special Fort Lauderdale food month. Sangria at $10 a glass, rather than in a pitcher for the table. brought the total for that item to $60. An outrageous amount that certainly precluded a second glass. The food was certainly different from the usual Mexican fare and that was enjoyable, but diminished by the total cost.Special Features:
- Food and service are excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014We greatly enjoyed our dining experience. The food was delicious and very well prepared. Service was attentive and on the ball. Deserts were nothing worth remembering and could use an 'upgrade' to bring them to the level of the rest of the meal. Our big issue was with the ambiance- the restaurant is located in a non-descript (run-down?) strip mall on Commercial Avenue which itself is not the greatest of neighborhoods. The restaurant itself looks and feels dated and could use a good refresh. This is inconsistent with the price charged which was not far from the 'big' and 'hip' Miami restaurants (5 people $450 to eat at a run down strip mall?) We however will return for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid experience.Jm1977Dined on 10/4/2014Eduardo de San Angel was a delightful experience from start to finish. It came recommended by a friend and was my girlfriend and I's first time there. We were seated quickly and the waiter came right over. He got our wine and beer order and informed us of the specials, which we ended up ordering. Our ceviche appetizer was crisp and refreshing and the cilantro soup was rich and hearty with a delicious tamale in the middle of the bowl. I ordered the skirt steak and it was cooked perfectly with nice grill marks and a great, smoky flavor. My girlfriend ordered the snapper and it was flaky, mild and overall, delicious. We had mango creme brûlée for desert and it was done just the way it should be. Great wine list, nice ambiance and nice staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for date night!carolDined on 10/4/2014I have wanted to try this restaurant for a very long time, and wish now I'd come here sooner! There are several small intimate dining rooms here, rather than one large room. The decor, lighting and layout made for a romantic evening. The service is impeccable, the food spectacular! We heard so much about the Cilantro soup, and were blown away with how accurate the other reviews were and how good it was. We had an appetizer and both entrees from "specials" of the night, everything spectacular! We also took advantage of bringing our own wine and paying the corkage fee, great they do this, knowing you can bring your own favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!Smithjl11184Dined on 10/3/2014This resturant was gourmet Mexican at it best. I've lived in the area for over a year and this place has been here the whole time and I never knew it! It looks like a hole in the wall kind of place but after reading reviews I just had to try it. And I'm glad I did! A little pricy but well worth every pennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to expectationsDachsieDined on 10/3/2014Easy to understand why this restaurant has been around for so many years. Nice intimate ambiance, excellent food and outstanding service. Portions are large enough to justify the price point. For example, the cilantro soup is large enough to share. Flavors were authentic and presentation of apps and entrees was artistic. The chef shows great restraint in not over seasoning the food and lets the natural flavors shine through. Definitely worth a repeat visit to sample more of the menu.Special Features:
- CMexican fusionJaybogVIPDined on 9/27/2014I enjoyed the creative fusion of fine dining a Mexican ingredients. I enjoyed the well prepared dishesSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceAtlantaDinerVIPDined on 9/24/2014I took a group of clients to dinner the other night and everyone was very impressed with the delicious food, nice atmosphere and excellent service. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The food is authentic Mexican Cuisine. The prices are fair, and the service is great!Special Features:
- OverpricedDaddyGDined on 9/20/2014I was expecting something really special in the menu based on the recommendation I received from a friend, and the ratings from other people. Wine list, very poor in selection and overpriced. I was surprised not finding any Mexican wines, like Monte Xanic for example The food was OK, but not according to the expectations. May be it was just me looking for gourmet cuisine in a Mexican restaurant that didn't looked or taste Mexican at all.
- Best Mexican in FTLCraig4245VIPDined on 9/18/2014Wow! Totally enjoyed our server. He didn't steer us wrong on the wine selection. We started with the crab corn cakes. The sauce was a perfect compliment. Mmmm. And the stuffed pepper with crab was delicious. Oh and we can't forget the mini corn muffins. Wow. We ate way too many and they gave us a dozen each to take home. Totally sweet and unnecessary but a definite special touch. Our dinners was amazing. From the creeps to the fish nothing boring. The presentation was beautiful. The flavor so were amazing. The swordfish was cooked perfectly. We cannot wait to come back. This place is like no other Mexican. No tacos here. Just perfect and delightful dinners like you would find in an upscale Mexican restaurant in Mexico City!Special Features:
- excellent, unusual cuisineBenLapDined on 9/16/2014Mexican high cuisine like nowhere else in south floridaSpecial Features:
- Mexican 5 starssilviDined on 9/13/2014We visited Eduardo de San Angel again after many years. The Service was fantastic and our table was very nice and private. Food was very good. We tried some of the specials and were very tasty. the desserts are also fantastic. A little bit pricy but is a good place if you want to experience Gourmet Mexican food.Special Features:
- Spectacular!PianoladyDined on 9/11/2014We love, love love this gem! I am admittedly NOT a fan of hum-drum Mexican food, but this chef really creates specialties that both look and taste amazing! We highly recommend Eduardo de San Angel to anyone who really enjoys great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every pennyfortlauderdalefoodieVIPDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I recently ventured out to find some new really good restaurants - wow did we hit the jackpot here. Food was some of the best I have had and service was impeccable. Prices were reasonable for the caliber of the food and portions were generous. We will be returning soon.Special Features:
- SusanbDined on 8/30/2014We frequent this restaurant for special occasions and have always had a culinary delight! The dishes are unique and delicious, particularly the cilantro soap.Special Features:
- Not Your Typical TacowineanddineVIPDined on 8/20/2014Eduardo de San Angel is a gourmet Mexican restaurant. You will not find tacos on the menu. You will find delicious and creative soups using the spices of Mexico. The main courses are simple, elegant and flavorful. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMegaDineDined on 8/16/2014I found the restaurant through Open Table and based upon the great reviews, decided to make a reservation for my husband's birthday. We were both pleasantly surprised - the service was great, the food recommendations from our waiter were excellent, and it was just the intimate dining experience I was looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Untypical MexicanfinickycatsDined on 8/16/2014San Angel is everything you expect from a gourmet restaurant. Although it is classified as Mexican cuisine, it is anything but what many people would identify as typical Mexican food. This restaurant is anything but typical. For a unique experience in authentic gourmet Mexican food, this is the place for you. Try the lamb chops or yellow snapper as entrees and their cilantro soup as a starter. Did I mention their jalapeno cornbread? It is addictive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21 yrs,Eduardo is better than ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Fabulous food, outstanding service, wonderful ambience. What more can you ask for???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Pria raises the bar ...JanTrishVIPDined on 8/14/2014The wine list would benefit from a greater selection of Spanish wines by the glass;there is no reason to second guess Chef Pria. A smokey mushroom tamale could easily stand alone, yet did fine as a complement to toasted almond thyme Yellowtail. On a hot Thurs. August night, reservations were essential; specials sell out fast. A casserole of tender shrimp & cheeses w/ slivers of serrano chiles, a fragrant cilantro soup, & seared Filet Mignon with puebla style mole were outstanding.TIP: Linger over the menu to keep bite size corn muffins scented with cilantro and chile coming!Special Features:
- Drm2Dined on 8/11/2014Food is always outstanding. Dining is intimate and capable of handling small groups as well. Wine list was adequate with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!DavidDined on 8/9/2014I heard about Eduardo de San Angel from reviews online and from a co worker and they were spot on, took my girlfriend for her birthday and she absolutely loved it, it was a memorable experience the food was fantastic and our server was very kind and courteous, we will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Spectacular!FreqentDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been visiting this restaurant for almost 20 years & it is always wonderful! The food is unlike anything you will eat anywhere else - such spices and combinations! and the wait staff is professional and meticulous. Our anniversary dinner was great! Cannot wait to revisit!Special Features:
- Very Good, but...ladydonDined on 8/9/2014We were a table of two, and seated much too close to two very boisterous large tables, and had a difficult time hearing each other. The table was on a main aisle, and my companion kept getting bumped or walked in to. The service was great, as was the ambiance. All in all, it was a very good experience. I will return, but request to be seated on the other side of the restaurant!Special Features:
- First VisitSerenity1211VIPDined on 8/2/2014This was the first time visiting this restaurant, so we tried a variety of menu items including the Cilantro soup, Empanadas, Carne Asada and Filet Mignon. The Cilantro soup is amazing and delicious and we would go back just for this. Each part of the meal was well prepared and the servers are very attentive. The restaurant is a bit pricier but the food, ambiance and service made it a worthwhile splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Great ambiance. Food is awesome. Very flavorful and creative dishes. Service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Really good foodDelrayDivaVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had two specials - empanadas and carne asada. We both loved the Mexican food with an elegant twist. The empanadas had great sauces with them and the refried beans were delicious. We had a killer dessert - a chocolate mousse pie - be sure to try it!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Very ineresting menu, wonderfully seasoned foods and great quality of meat or fish. Attentive, friendly service. The duck entre was among the best I have ever eaten. We certainly will be back.Special Features:
- One of our very favorites anywhere.dranselVIPDined on 7/18/2014Despite listing, really more spanish feeling - no tacos, chips, or quacamole here. From outside you wouldn't expect much - nice facade but in a strip mall on a major blvd in an iffy neighborhood... but walk through the door, and what a pleasant surprise! Very unique & interesting menu prepared and presented in gourmet fashion. Everything is delicious. I especially recommend the cilantro soup. Service and wait staff are impeccable - on a par with the finest restaurants in NY, LA, or Paris. Gave good suggestions on food and wine, attentive but not intrusive, know the menu inside out. Not noisy despite being moderately busy when we were there. Our 2nd visit, and we will be back.Special Features:
- unexpected wonderful foodKiwicottageVIPDined on 7/5/2014went with friends who live nearby, had very friendly professional (most unusual in Florida)knowledgeable waiter. Food was plentiful. very large portions that was delicious .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - nothing specialJanoah10Dined on 7/2/2014Went there with my wife and kid. Had six different dishes. Average restaurant. Nothing special with the food quality. The Mexican touch was weakSpecial Features:
- Love Eduardo'sTTLBLVIPDined on 6/28/2014Have been here many times. "Different" menu, unique flavors. Always a treat!Special Features:
- What a great mealThomVIPDined on 6/28/2014This was our first meal here, and certainly won't be our last. Hit every note perfectly - great food, quiet enough to enjoy our company, wonderful waiter. Almost every dish is a "don't miss" - cilantro soup could be a meal on its own (but then you would miss the rest of the great food).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat to dine at Eduardo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014Try the specials - yes, they're a little pricey but excellent. The cilantro soup is a must have. Eduardo is an inspired chef with a wonderful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missedBlkadderVIPDined on 6/26/2014A special occasion gourmet restaurant that quickly becomes a regular dining experience. The staff is warm, friendly, professional, and far from stuffy. This is Mexico City "Mexican." A perfect blend of European gourmet and the rainbow of Mexican spices and flavors - pure balance and harmony. Cilantro soup is a must try. True culinary artistry. Recently rated as the best Mexican restaurant in the US. http://www.gayot.com/restaurants/top-10-mexican/eduardo-de-san-angel-fort-lauderdale-fl.htmlSpecial Features: