Eduardo de San Angel
2822 E. Commercial Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $50 and over
Eduardo de San Angel
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.eduardodesanangel.com/
- Phone: 9547724731
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Pria
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can set up parties up to 30 people and we have a private room for up to 7 people.
A word from Eduardo de San Angel
In some schools of thought, conventional wisdom will lend itself to Mexican food being tacos and burritos, with chips and salsa on the tables when you arrive. Eduardo de San Angel defies conventional wisdom bringing Mexican food to a higher and more refined level. Chef/owner Eduardo Pria and his unique blend of true to form traditional Mexican sauces and meticulous preparation of the freshest foods have won many awards. Here at ESA you will experience Eduardo"s passion for food and the charm of the dining rooms fashioned after a small hacienda, with fresh flowers, candlelight and unique artwork, transporting you to a village just outside of Mexico City. Eduardo de San Angel is a destination restaurant for sophisticated diners from all over the globe when visiting South Florida. Rated one of the best restaurants in the country and tops in South Florida for food and service, Eduardo and his staff are; dedicated active participants of the perpetuation in the art of fine dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Eduardo de San Angel - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Eduardo de San Angel reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (60)romantic (56)fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (24)good for groups (18)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Not Your Typical TacowineanddineVIPDined on 8/20/2014Eduardo de San Angel is a gourmet Mexican restaurant. You will not find tacos on the menu. You will find delicious and creative soups using the spices of Mexico. The main courses are simple, elegant and flavorful. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMegaDineDined on 8/16/2014I found the restaurant through Open Table and based upon the great reviews, decided to make a reservation for my husband's birthday. We were both pleasantly surprised - the service was great, the food recommendations from our waiter were excellent, and it was just the intimate dining experience I was looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Untypical MexicanfinickycatsDined on 8/16/2014San Angel is everything you expect from a gourmet restaurant. Although it is classified as Mexican cuisine, it is anything but what many people would identify as typical Mexican food. This restaurant is anything but typical. For a unique experience in authentic gourmet Mexican food, this is the place for you. Try the lamb chops or yellow snapper as entrees and their cilantro soup as a starter. Did I mention their jalapeno cornbread? It is addictive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21 yrs,Eduardo is better than ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Fabulous food, outstanding service, wonderful ambience. What more can you ask for???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Pria raises the bar ...JanTrishVIPDined on 8/14/2014The wine list would benefit from a greater selection of Spanish wines by the glass;there is no reason to second guess Chef Pria. A smokey mushroom tamale could easily stand alone, yet did fine as a complement to toasted almond thyme Yellowtail. On a hot Thurs. August night, reservations were essential; specials sell out fast. A casserole of tender shrimp & cheeses w/ slivers of serrano chiles, a fragrant cilantro soup, & seared Filet Mignon with puebla style mole were outstanding.TIP: Linger over the menu to keep bite size corn muffins scented with cilantro and chile coming!Special Features:
- Drm2Dined on 8/11/2014Food is always outstanding. Dining is intimate and capable of handling small groups as well. Wine list was adequate with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!DavidDined on 8/9/2014I heard about Eduardo de San Angel from reviews online and from a co worker and they were spot on, took my girlfriend for her birthday and she absolutely loved it, it was a memorable experience the food was fantastic and our server was very kind and courteous, we will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Spectacular!FreqentDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been visiting this restaurant for almost 20 years & it is always wonderful! The food is unlike anything you will eat anywhere else - such spices and combinations! and the wait staff is professional and meticulous. Our anniversary dinner was great! Cannot wait to revisit!Special Features:
- Very Good, but...ladydonDined on 8/9/2014We were a table of two, and seated much too close to two very boisterous large tables, and had a difficult time hearing each other. The table was on a main aisle, and my companion kept getting bumped or walked in to. The service was great, as was the ambiance. All in all, it was a very good experience. I will return, but request to be seated on the other side of the restaurant!Special Features:
- First VisitSerenity1211VIPDined on 8/2/2014This was the first time visiting this restaurant, so we tried a variety of menu items including the Cilantro soup, Empanadas, Carne Asada and Filet Mignon. The Cilantro soup is amazing and delicious and we would go back just for this. Each part of the meal was well prepared and the servers are very attentive. The restaurant is a bit pricier but the food, ambiance and service made it a worthwhile splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Great ambiance. Food is awesome. Very flavorful and creative dishes. Service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Really good foodDelrayDivaVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had two specials - empanadas and carne asada. We both loved the Mexican food with an elegant twist. The empanadas had great sauces with them and the refried beans were delicious. We had a killer dessert - a chocolate mousse pie - be sure to try it!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Very ineresting menu, wonderfully seasoned foods and great quality of meat or fish. Attentive, friendly service. The duck entre was among the best I have ever eaten. We certainly will be back.Special Features:
- One of our very favorites anywhere.dranselVIPDined on 7/18/2014Despite listing, really more spanish feeling - no tacos, chips, or quacamole here. From outside you wouldn't expect much - nice facade but in a strip mall on a major blvd in an iffy neighborhood... but walk through the door, and what a pleasant surprise! Very unique & interesting menu prepared and presented in gourmet fashion. Everything is delicious. I especially recommend the cilantro soup. Service and wait staff are impeccable - on a par with the finest restaurants in NY, LA, or Paris. Gave good suggestions on food and wine, attentive but not intrusive, know the menu inside out. Not noisy despite being moderately busy when we were there. Our 2nd visit, and we will be back.Special Features:
- unexpected wonderful foodKiwicottageVIPDined on 7/5/2014went with friends who live nearby, had very friendly professional (most unusual in Florida)knowledgeable waiter. Food was plentiful. very large portions that was delicious .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - nothing specialJanoah10Dined on 7/2/2014Went there with my wife and kid. Had six different dishes. Average restaurant. Nothing special with the food quality. The Mexican touch was weakSpecial Features:
- Love Eduardo'sTTLBLVIPDined on 6/28/2014Have been here many times. "Different" menu, unique flavors. Always a treat!Special Features:
- What a great mealThomVIPDined on 6/28/2014This was our first meal here, and certainly won't be our last. Hit every note perfectly - great food, quiet enough to enjoy our company, wonderful waiter. Almost every dish is a "don't miss" - cilantro soup could be a meal on its own (but then you would miss the rest of the great food).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat to dine at Eduardo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014Try the specials - yes, they're a little pricey but excellent. The cilantro soup is a must have. Eduardo is an inspired chef with a wonderful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missedBlkadderVIPDined on 6/26/2014A special occasion gourmet restaurant that quickly becomes a regular dining experience. The staff is warm, friendly, professional, and far from stuffy. This is Mexico City "Mexican." A perfect blend of European gourmet and the rainbow of Mexican spices and flavors - pure balance and harmony. Cilantro soup is a must try. True culinary artistry. Recently rated as the best Mexican restaurant in the US. http://www.gayot.com/restaurants/top-10-mexican/eduardo-de-san-angel-fort-lauderdale-fl.htmlSpecial Features:
- True FIVE STAR ExperienceGorM8Dined on 6/23/2014This was our first time dining at Eduardo de San Angel. We did our research on the Web seeking a highly rated restaurant in Fort Lauderdale and it was worth the effort! Everything from arrival was simply outstanding. Staff, ambience and, of course, the food was absolutely perfect! It was obvious the genuine pride that staff displayed while making sure our visit was special underscored the fact that our search for one of the best restaurants in Fort Lauderdale had paid off. We will be returning again and again to this very special place where the food preparation and service is FIVE STAR!Special Features:
- Fine DiningCUINTHEKEYSDined on 6/20/2014Flavors are great and selection was interesting. All dishes graded delicious. Very fast food service for such high end tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulScoutDined on 6/18/2014Friendly, quaint, excellent food and wine and romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GonzoDined on 6/17/2014This is the third time eating here. It get better every time.Special Features:
- BradleyBeccaBDined on 6/16/2014Impeccable service and delicious food. The quality of ingredients and thought that is poured into the food prepared is evident. One of the Ft Lauderdale's best dining experiences.Special Features:
- Perfect place for dateAndyDined on 6/14/2014The staff were friendly and courteous. The food were perfect and promptly served. The food were top of the world delicious. I strongly recommend anyone who likes trying delicious exotic food. I am tempted to go back every weekend.Special Features:
- DivineErynDined on 6/7/2014Loved every part of this meal including our fabulous waiter and romantic table! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the Best Food in Ft LaudMisterTibbsVIPDined on 6/7/2014This could very well be our favorite spot in Fort Lauderdale. The atmosphere is quaint, elegant, and unique. The service is top-notch. And the food is extremely unique and well-prepared. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MellieblyeDined on 6/7/2014Amazing food and superb service. Kind staff very accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favsluvfoodDined on 6/7/2014Eduardo de San Angel's is a unique dining experience. You are guaranteed to have superior service (Iven is my fav waiter), and the food is made with the finest ingredients. They make their own cheese in-house, and every kind is delicious. They give extreme attention to every detail, and your plate will come out looking like a work of art. They do not have a liquor license, but I would recommend their margaritas that are made with agave wine. Go early on a Saturday before it gets too crowded. The ambience is romantic. Perfect for a date night or a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great Romantic RestaurantjbaerDined on 5/31/2014First time dining here, and we will definitely be back. The food is amazing, top notch service, and it has a romantic ambience.Special Features:
- Mexican with a European FlairBillDined on 5/24/2014We've probably eaten there about 5 or 6 times now and always had a excellent meal. I love their corn bread muffins. We always order the Cilantro soup when the have it. It is unbelievably good. We also had a pork appetizer that was different and really delicious. No one in town does a better grilled flank steak. they serve theirs with several moles. I had the freshly caught mahi mahi. Grilled to perfection and again served with sauces that just bring it to the next level. Dessert was a brownie with hazelnut gelato. Service was good but a little slow at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal! Outstanding!FreqentDinerVIPDined on 5/23/2014We have been visiting this restaurant for 20 years and the food is consistently amazing, of high quality and with delicious flavors, especially the Cilantro soup. Service is impeccable! Our favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerHalloweenOwlVIPDined on 5/21/2014Our server, Wayne was great. Helped with our selection and was attentive thorough out the meal. The food was even better than I remembered it. We will be back.Special Features:
- Go here!VerypickyfoodieDined on 5/21/2014The food was amazing. We tried the specials and some menu items. All were delicious. The pork was perfectly cooked, the beef was exactly to order. And the freshly made sauces were the highlight of each dish. I would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Mexican foodOperationDinnerOutVIPDined on 5/19/2014This isn't your run-of-the-mill Mexican restaurant. The food is top-shelf and creative -- my appetizer was a nopal cactus-wrapped pork tenderloin and main course was a huitlacoche crepe. It's the type of food you'd get a high-end restaurant in Mexico City, not the local red-gravy outlet. The service was incredibly attentive and polite. The decor is very quaint and the main dining room is segmented into small two-table areas where virtually everything else is blocked from view, so you almost feel like you're dining in private in a Mexican home. All in all, as good a Mexican restaurant as you'll find anywhere -- highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent.MonicaVIPDined on 5/19/2014This place was a great find. The food was full of flavor and the presentations were beautiful. The servers were all so helpful in choosing the right dish. They also were very passionate about the food and ingredients. I look forward to going back soon. It's so nice to have a Mexican Fine Dining restaurant here in Fort Lauderdale. Expect to be impressed!Special Features:
- Go, you'll love itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014Great ambiance and excellent service with excellent food. I have been recommending this restaurant to everyone. My wife loved the old world Mexican decor. If you live in the Ft. Lauderdale area this is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnforgettableNaniDined on 5/15/2014From the moment we parked, we noticed is a very colorful and attractive place. When we walked in, we knew we were in the right place. We came for our anniversary, and I did a lot of research to find this place, I really wanted something awesome for my husband, and he couldn't be any happier. Our waiter Wayne went above and beyond, Miguel was extremely friendly and approachable. They took care of us and they made us feel very special. The food, was delectable to the palate. You need to go there with an open mind, and honestly, I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, not because is bad, not at all, but if you go there and you don't explore, and want food that you are "familiar" with, you would be disappointed. Every plate is AMAZINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not an enjoyable evening.AroundtownDined on 5/5/2014The waiter was condescending. The pork medallions were from a cut that should have been brined, but that didn't happen so they were tough. In the future i would suggest they use pork tenderloin. Everything else on the plate was tasty and well presented. The assistant waiter was quite nice and helpful. Will we go back? No.
- The following 222 reviews are from the Eduardo de San Angel reviews archive.