5490 Hwy 121
Frisco, TX 75034Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edokosushi.com/
- Phone: 2146189888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Eugene Park 8178813035
A word from Edoko Sushi
Robata - translated as "around the fireplace", this ancient Japanese custom of cooking in a charcoal-fired hearth brings a new twist in Japanese cuisine to Frisco, TX. Robata's beauty is found in its simplicity and embodies everything that Japanese cooking is about - achieving the divine through humble means. At edoko, we challenge you to go beyond your comfort zone. Excite your palate with new experiences from the robata bar, sushi bar, and kitchen with hot & cool plates. To obtain the true edoko, or child of tokyo, experience, allow your server to conduct the show. Their sole purpose is to provide you with an unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Edoko Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)romantic (17)special occasion (16)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (9)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Much better than AverageNicknameVIPDined on 10/29/2014Exceeded expectations in quality of food and service. Sushi items were well above average in quality. Service and drink menu was great. Will definitely go back on my next visit to the Dallas area.Special Features:
- Wine serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014The one thing I see over and over again at this restaurant is the lack of knowledge around wine service. My wife and I frequent this establishment generally once or twice a month and have yet to see the server properly handly a bottle of wine. With this many servers not understanding how to properly open, pore and storing a bottle at the table tells me that ether the management doesn't know how or they simply not teaching the wait staff. The doesn't reflect the quality of the food since she and I keep returning, but it would be nice to see at least once the server not fumble with either the caplet or the cork. Pouring a glass of wine is a common mistake everywhere we go. they want to fill your glassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014I was very disappointed with the quality of the sushi. The portions were very small, for the price, and the taste was average. Even the wasabi was weak. I will not be going back.
- Great restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I took my daughter here to try sushi with her. We both enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been here so many times...DLCDALLASVIPDined on 8/29/2014Hands down again and again the best sushi in north Dallas and quite possibly all of Dallas. French Kiss is an outstanding roll, pork belly literally melts in your mouth if you want something cooked. We come here often and I have never been to a restaurant with such consistent service and food. We really have to try the sushi bar at some point, it looks fun. I do wish they would put Campari back in the bar (really you removed it???) it's in a revival and an excellent cordial and a few drinks with it go well with sushi. Also would like to see same day reservations on Opentable back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in Frisco!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The sushi was phenomenal and the best by far was the speechless roll. You have to have it! The only thing that could have been better was that we made a reservation and we still waited 20-25 minutes for our table. In addition, when we were seated they took us to a table in the back that was not nearly as fun and exciting as the rest of the restaurant. So that was disappointing but the food and service did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!StarDineDined on 8/20/2014The food is quite good. I had sushi and it was very fresh. The ambiance is clean and modern, but not the typical Japanese restaurant. it is very Americanized, which is not necessarily bad. My husband loved it! he could read the menu and understand it! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a business lunch!Yanna71Dined on 8/20/2014Works for a quick business lunch or intimate gathering with a few close friends. Great food and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Best sushi in DFWChasearchDined on 8/15/2014Best sushi in Dallas hands down! We make sure to go here at least once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and close to homeTXDogLoverVIPDined on 8/2/2014We dine at Edoko often because it is consistently good and close to home. We like that is not located in the Shops of Legacy area which is overcrowded and full of chain restaurants. The service is always good and the atmosphere is attractive and allows you to leisurely dine and relax. The sushi is good, the Tango Roll was excellent and they will make a classic roll (i.e. spider or avocado) if you request it, even if it is not on the menu.Special Features:
- I can't stop coming here!eaglesfanDined on 7/27/2014Brought brother and our wives here 7/27/14. Started off with the killer robata: sea bass, black cod, some asparagus, mushrooms and sweet potato. Then on to entrees: yakisoba beef, scallops, tenderloin on hot rock, and ebi-suzuki (panko shrimp and sea bass). Couple of rolls: butterfly kiss and one of my favs, the super dragon roll. Great balance of raw and cooked selections available here. Desert: chocolate mousse, red bean ice cream, and lychee sorbet. This place has all the sushi and sashimi to satisfy the purists, but the rolls aren't just another boring repeat of every other sushi joint. The recipes are modified to satisfy American tastes, and they're freaking delicious, so get over it! Green hulk roll great, Speechless roll yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality sushiTA1988Dined on 7/27/2014Better than average sushi and Traditional Japanese favorites. Would recommend as a good sushi joint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeYummyinmytummyDined on 7/18/2014Food was delicious!!! Waitress was awesome and recommended items! We celebrated birthdays and they gave a free dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud CrowdMetroplexDiningDined on 7/11/2014We must of came in after a successful happy hour. The patrons around us made this a not so pleasant experience. Loud and inappropriate language clouded what could have been a great evening.
- Sushi and service outstanding!hearthealthyDined on 7/9/2014We went to this place on a hunch it was "the good sushi place in frisco". Whether or not it originally was the one by a friend's recommendation, it is now my recommendation! Amazing service! Thank you Rebecca for accomodating us, and for the yummy sashimi, and oh the desert! Flourless chocolate cake was amazing as was the green tea icecream ... made all on site!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceDFWDaveVIPDined on 7/7/2014We have been to Edoko several times and it has quickly become our go-to sushi place. They also have enough options for non-sushi eaters in our group. The service is always good, and this time our waitress was phenomenal. The staff knows the menu very well and makes great recommendations if you need them, and they are attentive. Sushi rolls are very unique and worth the money, although they have the standard items as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 219 reviews are from the Edoko Sushi reviews archive.
- Nice neighborhood restaurantTXDogLoverVIPDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I have eaten at Edoko Sushi several times in the past year. We moved from the Dallas area to Plano and struggle with the number of chain restaurants in the area. It is nice to find a service oriented neighborhood restaurant with a pleasant dining environment that is not a chain. The wait staff at Edoko is always attentive and friendly. They have daily specials which are typically more creative dishes and they also have great cocktails - we had a Pineapple Mojito and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- Sushi and Robata what's not to likeDisenchantedDined on 6/27/2014Sushi restaurants are always tough to review because of how most people think about sushi. If you are looking for sushi and sashimi, not California Rolls, then Edoko is a stop that you should make. The selection is a bit limited but what they serve is well prepared and very fresh. Here's the twist, yu can get a little Robata to go with your sashimi. I would recommend a visit. Get the plum ice creamSpecial Features:
- Luke warm foodWarmVIPDined on 5/26/2014Food was really fast to come out but the food was only warm even the robotaSpecial Features:
- Excellent AtmospheretinytyrantDined on 5/21/2014I went to Edoko on a whim one weekend, as I am NOT a fan of sushi. If it's raw, I'm not eating it. Period. However, the menu, decor, wait staff all deign to make sure that most people and palates and food restrictions can be accommodated without issue. The wait staff are very nice and friendly. Everyone I have gone with since, as well as myself, find the food wonderful and the chocolate mouse plate is just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedTJBSVIPDined on 5/14/20141st time here and we loved it! Surprised by selection & quality of menu items. Waiter was great-chefs put sauce on a dish we asked to have no sauce but waiter caught it and offered to remake the dish. Food came out timely although at times too fast. We mentioned it and they slowed it down a bit. Very impressed with this restaurant. Very willing to make adjustments to accommodate my food allergy and preferences. Would like it if they had more wines by the glass offered...not just basic Cabs/Merlots...Décor is very nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulTexasAngelDined on 5/10/2014Something for everyone and great quality. I'll be back for sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding sushi & sashimi.JimboVIPDined on 5/9/2014Edoko is by far the best sushi restaurant we have found in the west Plano/Frisco area. Super high quality fish. Very skilled sushi chefs with a number of innovative rolls and dishes that pick up some of the local love for spicy food. Solid back up to the sushi/sashimi selection with skewers from the "Robata" as well as Japanese menu items. The staff is very customer friendly and provides attentive service. Very pleasant ambience for a relaxed dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent VisitorMonte5148Dined on 4/30/2014My husband and I found this place when we moved to the nearby Stewart Creek neighborhood in Frisco. It has a great indoor lounge/bar area, but we have always sat on the patio. There is a hum of HWY 121 traffic, but nothing that is disruptive. The food has always been amazing, and we have never been unsatisfied. Definitely a must-try.Special Features:
- Great experienceluvstruckDined on 4/26/2014I have never been to this restaurant before but decided by their website to try it out for a date night. Definitely worth the price and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2014We both had roles and a nice bacon wrapped scallops to start. Scallops were good and tasty. Service was good but bar has issues with credit card and was slow on drink delivery.Special Features:
- Tasty sushiDottedpinkDined on 4/10/2014Very good sushi and they have rice less rolls that are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi with Ambiencejws8118Dined on 4/10/2014We had a nice corner booth, romantic setting, attentive service, and great sushi. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free menuljoyVIPDined on 4/9/2014The restaurant has a gluten free menu and our waitress, Sonia, was extremely knowledgeable and was able to have the chef modify several dishes so that I could order them. Food was very fresh and well presented. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Love the sushi at Edoko includingFriscoDinersDined on 3/28/2014Love the sushi at Edoko including the delicious rice-less rolls. Great selection and everything is so fresh. Service was excellent and never rushed. I recommend Edoko highly.Special Features:
- Great FindBillGDined on 3/26/2014Great food, great service, very friendly atmosphere, will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Good option in FriscopikapptcuVIPDined on 3/16/2014Great vibe and decor. The maki rolls were a very good size for the price. Great value for your money here along with a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great alternative to Legacy crowdDuskyEPlVIPDined on 3/14/2014The top notch drinks, friendly service, pleasant atmosphere, and delicious food we have been back a few times avoiding the Legacy Tourist crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super NiceDinersDined on 3/14/2014The food is presented beautifully!! The servers are super friendly and helpful... ALL of them... Reservations were so easily made online, and when we arrived at our designated time, we were seated right away in a cozy little booth, just as requested :-) The description of the food and the beverage is amazingly accurate... I ordered a lychee martini.... didn't love it, but definitely couldn't return it because it was EXACTLY as described by the server and in the writing... LOL! Boy, was it strong though! Bar may by a little slow, but they make up for it on their heavy pours. :-) The food is consistently amazing. Seriously though, the service is perfectly impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in townChasearchDined on 3/7/2014We have been coming here for a little over a year and have watched the customer base grow. The food is impeccable and the service cannot be beat. All of the managers and waitstaff are so accommodating, they really make you want to come back. We've now made this a once a week stop, usually every Friday. It is not an inexpensive place, but you definitely get what you pay for.... ExcellenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!BoxfinderDined on 3/4/2014Never had anything but excellent food and service. Best sushi in Frisco and beyond!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unfortunate turn of eventsTheParticulaOne2VIPDined on 3/1/2014We have been to Edoko Sushi 2 other times and it was delicious with no negative side effects. However, our Saturday visit yielded Montezuma's Revenge for both my husband and I. The food tasted delicious, as usual. However, something was obviously not "right" about the food. Now, I am reluctant to return. So sad because we really liked it there. Normally, I would have given 5 stars - but this ruined our experience with this restaurant. Someone needs to check the freshness of the ingredients.
- Great restaurantDamianVIPDined on 2/22/2014This is great restaurant. You will have a great experience no matter what you pick from their menu. We particularly liked the Robata samplers, the re-invented Carbonara and the hot rock. Moreover, it's very reasonably priced. We went already twice in two weeks and we will continue going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatSportygirlDined on 2/21/2014Whenever were in Frisco we always eat there. Service is awesome food is awesome. Just a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great service!retiredVIPDined on 2/21/2014Great food, Great service! Would go back frequently if it were closer to where we live!Special Features: