Edison - Omni Grove Park Inn
290 Macon Ave
Asheville, NC 28804Neighborhood:
Contemporary SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Edison - Omni Grove Park Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.groveparkinn.com/edison
- Phone: 8282523799x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Philip Bollhoefer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: Charlotte Street
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: As a Dining Guest, you receive three hours of Self-Parking with our compliments. If you prefer to utilize Valet Services, you may for a charge of $15.
Parking Rates*: Self-Parking: 0-3hrs, Complimentary, 3-6hrs $10, 6-24hrs $15, Valet: $15
* Holiday Parking will be in effect from Wednesday, November 19th, 2014 to Thursday, January 1st, 2015. It is a flat $10 per vehicle charge; half of each fee collected will be given to one of six local direct care non-profits.
A word from Edison - Omni Grove Park Inn
EDISON, craft ales + kitchen is the newest dining outlet at the Omni Grove Park Inn! With a focus on local craft beer and hand-crafted cocktails, EDISON is an innovative bar and restaurant, serving casual Southern comfort food with an Asheville flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Edison - Omni Grove Park Inn - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Edison - Omni Grove Park Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (52)great for outdoor dining (47)special occasion (21)romantic (18)great for lunch (15)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (13)fit for foodies (13)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)Show More
- nice placeMarcosGolfistaDined on 10/18/2014Good place for a casual meal post-golf, or if you don't want to get too fancy. Beautiful setting. Food quality is good and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Average food, great viewSebrabDined on 10/17/2014Service was good, food just ok. Limited menu. Fish sandwich was hot and crispy, but french fries were served cold and obviously had been sitting for some time. We sent them back and were brought a fresh order. Go to Edison's for the view not the food.Special Features:
- Get a table by the window!MichiganMaryDined on 10/15/2014Great opportunity to experience the historic Grove Park Inn at a very reasonable price! Food was great, and the table I reserved through OpenTable had a great view. The sunset was lovely! My only complaint was paying for parking.Special Features:
- maryeDined on 10/8/2014A less expensive alternative to the fine dining at the Grove Park Inn. It still had some tables outside which give you a spectacular view! Pretty limited menu but well worth going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ViewKateDined on 10/2/2014Very welcoming staff. Relaxed atmosphere. Casual- nice. Having traveled here from Phoenix to see the trees after a long hot summer, the view and setting sun did not disappoint. We took advantage of the Twilight Spa program before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise!BillyHuntVIPDined on 10/2/2014The nicest "sports bar" I've ever been in. Comfortable, great scenic view,wonderful service and good food.Special Features:
- Just right!AshevilleBarbieDined on 10/2/2014Chose Edison's for the outdoor dining and mountain sunset views. It did not disappoint! Hosting staff friendly and on point. Food was good, as described,and affordable. Drinks pricey, but good. Atmosphere relaxed. Wait staff (Mike) was exceptional! Very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating, yet not intrusive. Very nice place for visitors and locals alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A swing and a miss for the GPIApriltheeighthDined on 9/27/2014The Edison is the Grove Park's attempt to create a sports bar to satisfy all the men dragged along on vacation during football season. While the views from the restaurant are fantastic and the interior is well designed with plenty of TV screens, the food was pretty awful. The adult pizza bites we got for an appetizer were decent, but the beef pasta dish I ordered was not good. My friend ordered the grilled cheese and didn't even finish it. How do you mess up grilled cheese?! If you're staying at the GPI and want to catch a game, head to the Edison for the TV, the beer and the view. Just take a pass on the food.Special Features:
- Great sunset dinneruspeak2meDined on 9/20/2014We ate here at sunset out on the covered porch overlooking the mountains and the beautiful sunset! We had a good meal, the sweet potato tots were yummy! My husband and daughter enjoyed salads and I had the special for the evening, a fish dish that was very good. Cocktails were made perfectly and the VIEW is a must to see! There are heaters all along the porch so I think it would be fine to eat outside on a crisp evening. We had a warm and clear night in September so the heaters were not needed. This was a perfect place to relax, have a cocktail and eat a good dinner while enjoying the mountain views and sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dim view of EdisonrhumrunnerronDined on 9/20/2014Pretty disappointing for a first visit. We live in the area and so know the GPI's usual quality. Disappointed it was mainly just pub fare. Low fall sunset made finding a table out of direct sunlight difficult. We moved twice. Took 1.5 hours for a simple meal and made us late for another event. Really, just a sports bar with a view of the mountains. Edison would have been unhappy to see his name on it. Our waiter, Lorne, was very attentive but apparently the kitchen couldn't cope with the crowd (which wasn't all that large).Special Features:
- Lovely view and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/31/2014We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food at Edison. Of course the view is wonderful and service was commensurate with what you expect from the Grove Park. Highly recommend the nachos. Seems a simple dish, but extremely good! Looking forward to a repeat visit.Special Features:
- Exquisite view!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2014Beautiful view overlooking the mountains. Surprisingly good food for a sports type bar. Good service too!!!Special Features:
- Good choice!swdncDined on 8/9/2014Good food and good service. Awesome view, similar to Sunset Terrace at the Grove Park, but significatly cheaper. Good grilled cheese, great banana cheesecake. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Food good, atmosphere greatMFoyVIPDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our meals at this restaurant. Views fantastic. Only complaint...drinks expensive and weak. We found this everywhere in the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxingspadayDined on 8/7/2014the setting was great - wonderful service - great menu choices and perfect presentationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOut2dinnerDined on 8/7/2014We ate outside. Service was good as well as the food. View great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ViewsChrisDined on 8/1/2014Excellent service, good food, and fantastic view of the blue ridge mountains. Less expensive than some of the other options at the Grove Park Inn. I would highly recommend and will dine here again if I'm back at the Grove Park.Special Features:
- DelightfulscrumptousDined on 7/21/2014We had a wonderful time. The food and service were great. We will return at every opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot to watch a game w viewEeeeDined on 7/20/2014Had brunch and watched British Open. Great spot for outside dining.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, fantastic viewricesDined on 7/17/2014We tried Edison while staying at the Grove Park Inn. It is an open air restaurant with an upscale sports bar feel. It has amazing views and good food! We tried the soup special, Beer Cheese and Banana Pepper, which was rich and flavorful and split the nachos. The portion size was perfect and they were delicious! They have a great selection of local beers but also have plenty of wine and cocktail offerings. The service was spot on, friendly and helpful. Make reservations if you want one of the prime view tables.Special Features:
- FantasticJessicaVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great service and fantastic views. If you're a sports fan, what a great place to watch the game. Great choice of menu items. I'll be back and very soon!Special Features:
- Nice view but doesn't match the InnBevLDined on 7/11/2014Very casual..... Doesn't really match the quality and charm of the rest of the Inn. Nice view on the patio and service is was ok. Very limited menu and is probably better for drinks and tapas rather than dinner. Certainly you have much better choices in the other restraunts available at the Inn.Special Features:
- Can't beat the view!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014Our anniversary weekend is always spent at the Grove Park Inn, so this year we decided to try eaing at the Edison instead of just having drinks like last year. I guess I misunderstood that this is strictly a place to have drinks and appetizers vs ordering a complete meal as in the other restaurants. I would return, as the view is hard to beat, but only for drinks and light snacks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Absolutely picture perfect spot to watch the fireworks on July 5th. Spectacular view, feel, and service. Loved our appetizer and dessert but main courses/entrees didn't seem like anything special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 181 reviews are from the Edison - Omni Grove Park Inn reviews archive.
- Overall good experienceweavervegasDined on 6/22/2014We brought four out-of-town guests, for a total party of six. All went well, beginning with the reservation , the hostesses got us exactly the seating we desired, and Mike was a professional and personable server. Food was prepared as requested and delicious.Special Features:
- Beautifful view not much else100MustardDined on 6/18/2014Outstanding Grove Park View Some decent overpriced food options , Chicken wings. Fish sandwich but Hamburger , at $14 was a joke Smaller than a basic Mac. with equal taste Good Service and great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Second time not so good ...DisappointedDined on 6/15/2014We went in April and had a very good experience - good service, and the best burgers we'd found in Asheville. This time the burgers were smaller and overcooked plus the drinks were not as good as the previous time - for the prices they charge they need to be exceptional. Probably won't return.
- Great PlaceDefinitelyGoAgainDined on 6/13/2014Edison's was a great choice for dinner and catching up with family that we haven't seen in a long time. Our waiter was fantastic! He remembered our orders throughout the night without writing anything down. He was friendly and understanding with our children and my daughter's dietary needs. The atmosphere combined with the beautiful view & out door dining allowed us to share great food and visit. We really appreciated the fact that we weren't rushed so we could enjoy a relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Addition to the GPIweinsteindinesDined on 6/13/2014My wife, daughter and I enjoyed Edison very much. I've been visiting the Grove Park Inn for years, and found Edison to be a nice, hip addition since Omni Hotels took over. I was nice to see them leveraging the Inn's history with the name choice. The atmosphere is very modern and minimal, but eclectic with their choice of materials, lighting and fire places. The food, I had the Mediterranean stew, was very good. Our only negative experience was with the slow and inattentive service. Our server rarely visited our table, and my wife had to ask three times for a drink from the bar. The third time was from a different server who responded promptly. All in all, I liked the place a lot, and would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Burger!pammacDined on 6/10/2014My daughter convinced me that I had to order the burger because it's the BEST burger she's ever tasted. I'll agree - very tasty! Love the bacon bits added too! Despite the spring shower that blew through this night, we did not get wet and enjoyed the dining experience on the terrace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/8/2014This was a lunch for my birthday with a group of close friends and we had a truly wonderful time. The food was great and affordable and the staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful-- we stayed forever and there was never the slightest hint of discontent. They even took our picture, so we could all be in our photo to remember the event. We are already talking about doing it again.Special Features:
- Pretty Placejoan427Dined on 5/27/2014A great addition to this fabulous resort! If you're a beer drinker, this is the place for you. The food choices are a bit limiting because the emphasis is on the beer & wine list, but the entire place is worth a drop in & a spot to meet your crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance with Great Food & BeerPeachtreeMidwestDined on 5/24/2014The view is absolutely amazing, that should come as no surprise given the hotel's location. I was very happy that the food and the beer selection were great too. My girlfriend and I made a reservation well in advance. The entire hotel was crowded (holiday weekend, and a few weddings onsite) but we still were seated within a half hour. That half hour was enough time for a drink in their lounge area (still outside overlooking the mountains). I normally wouldn't like to wait with a reservation, but they handled really well and the ambiance is amazing. I sort of chuckled to myself because it's the same view as the more expensive restaurant across the courtyard. Definite must if you're in Asheville.Special Features:
- Incredible sunset viewHenryDined on 5/24/2014What hasn't been said about the Grove Park. Great mountain view for sunset, none betterSpecial Features:
- First time at Grove ParkMTNesterDined on 5/24/2014This was my first visit to the Grove Park Inn. I wasn't staying there but wanted to treat my son and his girlfriend to a nice lunch. We were all pleased with the menu and the wonderful view from our table. I'll definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- A Meal with a ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014Think of it this way.... even if you can't afford to stay at the World Class GROVE PARK RESORT, you can still stop by for a meal at Edison's and, so long as its warm enough, (May through September in any case, I would think) you can sit outside and take in a beautiful view of the mountains surrounding Asheville. The food is excellent and they have a great bar and plenty of craft beers on hand. We're locals and we are resolved to eat here at least once a month - particularly during the course of the summer.Special Features:
- Decent, not greatDougDined on 5/14/2014That pretty much sums up most of Grove Park's restaurants. Everything we had was decent, can't complain, but when I'm paying exaggerated prices just because it's The Grove Park, I'm going to have higher expectations. $8 for a local draft beer? Really? Come on guys, that's unacceptable. Service was good, better than good even, we were well taken care of.Special Features:
- Disappointed except for the viewluluDined on 5/13/2014Great view but the food was disappointing. Wait service was attentive upon arrival and then drastically slipped having to ask a second time for drink requests.Special Features:
- What happened?NotavipVIPDined on 5/9/2014This stunning restaurant had a very interesting Southern menu, but now turned itself into a diner. Perhaps this will turn tables faster and that is the idea. We certainly will not be back.Special Features:
- Amazing ViewdinersVIPDined on 4/26/2014Good food, great service, amazing view. We found this the best part of the remodel and new ownership of the Grove Park. We had drinks at the bar the first night and had to return for dinner the next night. A huge bonus to what is no longer a privately owned hotel.Special Features: