edison: food+drink lab
912 W Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
edison: food+drink lab
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.edison-tampa.com/
- Phone: 8132547111x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Monday - Saturday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Closed New Year's Day
Closed Memorial Day
Closed Independence Day
Closed Labor Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Seafood, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Jeannie Pierola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
A word from edison: food+drink lab
inventive everyday cuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
edison: food+drink lab - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
edison: food+drink lab reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (151)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (63)hot spot (50)good for groups (37)great for lunch (31)vibrant bar scene (27)notable wine list (26)romantic (12)great for brunch (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good but very loudbrunchDined on 8/23/2014Food is great which is why we have returned 4 times now but the noise level is a problem. I don't enjoy having to scream to hear what my friends are saying. It is difficult to relax and enjoy the entire experience when you are yelling. They should really come up with something that cuts the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodBeautifulVIPDined on 8/22/2014Awesome as usual. A couple mishaps with order and waiting but food and drinks delicious.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014One of our favorite restaurants! Always great and consistently good food.Special Features:
- Always goodGimmeFoodDined on 8/21/2014Edison has a consistently good and innovative menu. I love their menu, which has unexpected and interesting combinations. Service is attentive but neither stifling nor pretentious. On a more mundane note, I appreciate the water refills, which have icy cold water and no ice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- julianDined on 8/21/2014Former Tampa native now living elsewhere. Went to edison based on a recommendation from another restaurant. Food is some of the best quality I have had in Tampa in a very long time. And while the wine list is not long, you can tell that someone who really knows wine wrote this list. Great producers whose wines work well with the food. Overall a great place if you're looking for creative and delicious food, as well as well thought out wines and cocktails.Special Features:
- fantastic!foodie1Dined on 8/19/2014Our server knew everything about the menu and was able to recommend something from every section. They say you work for people, not companies. well, if Jeannie Pierola is the chef and you eat where ever she goes you're good! Everything was amazing!Special Features:
- Always greatSTampaDinerDined on 8/18/2014Edison consistently serves fascinating and delicious meals by an exceptional and attentive staff. Please keep the high standards! Craft cocktails are a great way to start the meal experience, side dishes are stars. Order the potato crusted oysters from the appetizer menu, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great food and a fun settingTampaBnCVIPDined on 8/16/2014The menu, both food and drink, is very creative and well executed. It was quite fun to watch the kitchen in action from our table. You could tell it was a well organized team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edison does not disappointsf18Dined on 8/16/2014Love the creativity of this place! Food always delicious, imaginative, and fun! Service matches; attentive, sharp, water glasses kept full. As for the pacing; only wish all the small plates hadn't arrived all at once. Thankfully loud volume of music has been toned down; that kept us away before. To have such good food and loud thumping music is a turnoff for some. We would rather talk to our dining companions than shout. Keep up the amazing creative genius; a Tampa treasureSpecial Features:
- Yes PleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/13/2014I love this place! The drinks are so different and so is the food. They really put a spin on things. They recently changed the menu and I liked some of the other choices better than the new ones but they still do a great job. Make sure to valet as parking can be an issue.Special Features:
- Reminds me of DC fare/vibeCheckListDined on 8/9/2014Arrived early to grab cocktails. Notified maître d' of our early arrival, who then began immediate efforts to seat us, but of course, we were in no hurry. Excellent care. Barkeeps attentive, do have patience though; they're crafting interesting cocktails that take some time to create. Expect to valet park. Fun night out with my lovely wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealBeautifulVIPDined on 8/8/2014From the bar before dinner to dessert . Edison staff did an awesome job drinks, food and service outstanding ! Portion sizes are getting smaller and smaller though ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, unique food, great wineUrbanEnvyDined on 8/2/2014Very nice place. Bar staff was friendly, food was good. Unique ingredients, so only go if you are not a picky or non-adventurous diner. I would say this is a special occasion place for the average person as it is quite pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeMesiamDined on 8/1/2014Food is top notch. Duck entrée was unreal, delicious! Peach desert. Service: waited about 20 min for first drinks, for that I lessened the stars, but the waitress was very sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Spot!wesleychapelfoodieDined on 8/1/2014Visited Edison's for first time this past weekend. Unique non chain restaurant. Had very good experience! Place is small so reservations recommended. Food and service was very good. Cocktails excellent! Recommend pre-dinner cocktail at the bar and watch the bar tenders in action.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a great place!winoDined on 8/1/2014after reading the reviews about edison on open table we decided to go and see what it was all about. were we glad we did!! it was a friday night in tampa, so everyone knows what that is. they have valet parking and the attendants were very friendly, the staff in the restaurant was great, the food was (i hate sounding like a kid here but ..) awesome.. the service excellent, and the wait time on the food was perfect. we would get one course finished and the next one would appear....this is a must visit place for anyone visiting or living in tampa. we will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Tom's Place!PacoDined on 7/31/2014A vibrant & energized composite of smells, tastes and visual activities that barely leaves a sensory cell untouched. Outstanding service from experienced staff coupled with unique couplings of menu ingredients make this a not to miss experience. Try the "sugar cake" dessert or forever be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than SatisfiedFoodieAtHeartDined on 7/30/2014Edison: Food and Drink Lab is an experience all around. Their Italian Beef Sandwich was great and the fries are to die for (I get therm every time I go for lunch) Definitely a place I suggest to any in who will listenSpecial Features:
- Love!AcernellDined on 7/25/2014Love this place!!! Service was exceptional! Food and drinks are amazing! Best dining experience overall!!! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazinglovingtheEDDined on 7/23/2014Every meal we have ever eaten here has been fantastic. Thus one may have been the best. Definitely best restaurant in Tampa Bay Area, and actually our favorite any where!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShanyShanyVIPDined on 7/23/2014The lunch starter of cauliflower was spectacular - it did taste like chicken! Was delicious, as was the salad I had for main portion of lunch.Special Features:
- food was deliciousBeautifulVIPDined on 7/19/2014Drinks were watery and bartender was rude. Once seated everything was very smooth like usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceFlyingfish08Dined on 7/19/2014We finally decided to try this spot after reading many superb reviews and must say the reviews were spot on. The ambiance was fantastic and energetic, service was first rate and our waitress was attentive and very knowledgeable. Oh by the way, the food was fantastic. The menu choice made our decision difficult, and we settled on the duckling and scallops, they were delicious. While we normally do not order dessert, we chose the the peach pie with praline sauce and the butterscotch pudding. OMG! What a perfect ending to one of the best meals we have had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchJjohnDined on 7/17/2014Had lunch here and reasonably priced for quality of food that was served. Would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeCdwyerflDined on 7/12/2014amazing! The food was outstanding, creative and took me out of my comfort zone but was well worth it, fantastic!Special Features:
- 2nd visitNinaisuDined on 7/12/2014Took a younger couple with us this time. The unique food and drinks and excellent service did not disappoint. Bartender made perfect drink recommendations based upon ingredients that we told him we liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely FantasticCigarCityDined on 7/12/2014Best meal I've had in years. Very imaginative menu, new twists and approaches to food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good recovery!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2014One of our favorite restaurants. We visited again two months after our last (not so good) visit with a large group. They were incredibly attentive, served us a complimentary appetizer and then added a large credit to our bill to make up for it. Now THAT is how a business should be run! Excellent customer service on top of outstanding, original, food!Special Features:
- DisplacedMidwesternerDined on 7/11/2014Found this place on list of best restaurants in area from Tampa Times - It did not disappoint. Made a reservation for 7, got there 20 minutes early and sat down at the bar. The two bartenders there (same name) were great. They kept the evening amusing and they can make one heck of a drink. I have definite intentions of returning to try all of their house cocktails. We took our seat and picked out a few appetizers (one hot and one cold). The foie gras selection was excellent and the oysters tasted fresh. For the main course my wife had the scallops and I had the chicken/waffle. She felt that the dish was a little too sweet for her liking, but it didn't stop her from eating it all. The chicken/waffle had a lot going on, excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gemRileyDined on 7/11/2014Our waiter Robert was great and made our experience even better. The ambience is great and a nice change to many places I have been to during lunch. The scallops were great and I can't wait to return to try new items on the menu ( for lunch and dinner)!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FoodieFemmeDined on 7/9/2014Dinner at Edison was fantastic! When we were seated, our server Marisol welcomed us with a friendly greeting. She asked if it was our first time there, which it was. From there she guided my boyfriend and I through the menu, noting which items were ideal for sharing, as well as what was popular. After deciding upon our dishes, I was curious about white wines. Marisol was kind enough to bring samples of the ones I was interested in. Everything from start to finish was remarkable, only heightened by the professional yet comfortable service! We can't wait to go back to enjoy future items on the ever-changing menu! Thanks for a great experience!Special Features:
- Exceeded our expectations!!TeeFourDined on 7/8/2014Food, drink and service were exceptional!!! We loved the unique cocktails, the appetizers were perfect size and not a crumb was left. Our main courses were all different. The menu is fascinating, perhaps the most creative in the Tampa Bay Area. Our server was a total professional, very attentive but not hovering like a police helicopter. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and they topped the dark chocolate tort with a candle without me having to ask. I made the reservation online. Everything was perfect!!! We are well-traveled foodies and rate this as a first class experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodJamesDined on 7/7/2014Had a great time. Service was good. Food was good. Wine was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFineFoodLoverDined on 7/5/2014This was our second time dining at Edison. The menu is great and the food is delicious. But the service is lacking. Our waiter had a full load of tables AND was training a new bartender. At this price point, we should not have to wait for a wine refill. We will not be returning.
- Exciting menuLjmfDined on 7/5/2014The innovative menu was fun to explore and the meal was delightful. Servers were very knowledgeable about the many unusual selections on the menu as well as exceptionally attentive. Plan return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only good for desserts or drinksChemieDined on 7/5/2014Not impressed with the appetizers or entrees. I was expecting at least an eclectic/modern presentation of the food. We ordered the Moles-frites and they ended up being just house fries in the basket. I did not think it worthy to pay 9 dollars for some fries in a basket. The Garlic Aoli sauce was weak and watery. Ordered the Buffalo wing style Cauliflower, and it was overcooked and too soft cauliflower. The popcorn creme brulee was amazing, cheddar ice cream taste similar to a salted caramel flavor. Also the sugar crusted butter cake was good.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014Jeannie does a great job with a creative menu. It changes several times a year so it is always fresh. One of our favorites!Special Features:
- LayerscbajamesDined on 7/3/2014For every dish there are layers of flavor. On this particular night they were all spicy. That was what we wanted and that is what we got. The chef does heat well. The chef also took care to balance texture along with the flavours. The menu changes daily and each night will be different. The wait staff are knowledgeable but aren't afraid or too cool to ask the chef if you have questions.Special Features:
- Fun menu, great food ...nunyoDined on 6/30/2014... and friendly staff. We checked out Edison on recommendation from friends and now join them in recommending Edison to you. Go check them out!Special Features:
- Fine dining in a casual venueBrucePhiDined on 6/27/2014Edison was a very enjoyable experience. The mixed drink menu was full of exotic combinations, like the Andes Manhattan made with Pisco. There was also a colossal selection of wines by the glass. The variety of plates from the Sparks, small appetizers for one, to the larger cold and hot starters were all creative, beautifully presented and delicious. Entrees were equally eclectic and yummy. We topped it off with the chocolate torte and a pot of vacuum coffee. This unique coffee created table side was fun to watch and an excellent brew to drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.