edison: food+drink lab
912 W Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
edison: food+drink lab
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.edison-tampa.com/
- Phone: 8132547111x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Monday - Saturday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Closed New Year's Day
Closed Memorial Day
Closed Independence Day
Closed Labor Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Seafood, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Jeannie Pierola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
A word from edison: food+drink lab
inventive everyday cuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
edison: food+drink lab - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
edison: food+drink lab reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (139)neighborhood gem (58)special occasion (55)hot spot (46)good for groups (34)notable wine list (27)vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (25)romantic (11)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Edison Food Lab=delicious results!esc0823Dined on 9/17/2014I dined at Edison with a friend to celebrate our birthdays. The atmosphere is modern and trendy,but not stuffy. We started with buffalo cauliflower-try it! The buffalo sauce was flavorful and not burn-your-mouth-out fiery, and there was just enough coating. The cauliflower was crisp tender, and the garnishes added the right umami elements. For dinner, I chose the maine lobster. I mixed all ingredients on the plate, as instructed by our server-delicious! The soft lobster blended well with crisp green beans. The risotto was soft and included some rough chopped nuts for texture. Yum! Service was poor: inattentive server, overbearing busboy ("are you finished yet?" multiple times), but the food made up for it. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014Cocktails were remarkable. Some courses outstanding. Other courses mediocre.
- Great food as alwayshedgehogDined on 9/13/2014First time in the main restaurant but several visits with larger groups in the room next door - and it's always been fantasic food. The sharing plates are excellent value and the desserts to die for. Have the coffee made tableside.Loved it - taking 50 people next month hopefully!Special Features:
- Overhyped & OverpricedHotRodDined on 9/13/2014After reading the reviews & ratings, we were very disappointed. We went with another couple to celebrate 2 birthdays. My husband and I ordered 2 small plates & 1 entrée to share. The buffalo cauliflower was tasteless unless dipped in the blue cheese dressing which made it just palatable. We also had the steak tartare & bone marrow combo which was the best part of the dinner. We split the shrimp and grits which were bland & probably the worst I've had. My husband rated them a little better but not much. Our friends had the scallops & vegetarian plate. No comment either way on the scallops, so probably average but the vegetarian plate drew praise. Did not complain because dining with guests. Will not return or recommend to others.
- Awesome complex dishes and drinksDMDredDined on 9/12/2014If you're looking for something unique, this is the spot. It is a smaller restaurant, and fairly pricey but a very good meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoPascoEaterDined on 9/12/2014We waited more than half an hour past our reservation time. I ordered a whiskey sour and paid 11 $ for a glass of sour mix, so we all had water with our dinner. While the food was mostly excellent, it was incredibly over-priced. One at our table ordered the Maine lobster (it was tough) that came charged 4 $ more than on the menu - explanation was that earlier in the evening it included something else and they forgot to change back the price. Really? The "something else" wasn't on the menu - how many more guests paid the 4$ "surcharge" without noticing? Add to that, we originally chose this restaurant based on the online menu - HUGE difference in prices once we arrived there. We felt set up - not going to return.Special Features:
- Great find!MossyDined on 9/12/2014Travel for work a lot. Found Edison on Open Table. Eclectic, well-prepared, and beautifully presented meal! Roasted Bone Marrow with Steak Tartare was a highlight, as well as the Escargot Crostini! red Snapper Masala was perfectly prepared! The cocktail menu and liquor choices are refreshing and imaginative! The service by the entire staff was quick, unobtrusive, and very helpful! My only minor complaint is the acoustics of the restaurant. It can be very loud with a small amount of people present. I look forward to returning here next time I'm in Tampa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A waste of time and moneybjs123Dined on 9/8/2014Food was extremely disappointing, not even all that creative, and even worse poorly executed for the most part. Two of 5 courses were enjoyable, one of them being dessert. When I got the check I almost fell off my chair. They're charging three star Manhattan prices and serving little more than one star food. The service was decent, but nothing special. Cocktails were yum, but very small. Drink pairings were hit or miss. Cheese course was terrible, old dried up Manchego, as if that's very special. The cook was also wandering around outside smoking cigarettes, seriously?! I would never go back, Edison is amateur hour.
- Avoid Super busy NightsJustsayingDined on 9/6/2014I am a fan of this restaurant, but our last dining experience left much to be desired. It was packed so everyone was going 100 miles an hour, and I don't think they handled it so well. Everything took a long time and when it came I just couldn't taste the love in the food like usual. I say avoid this restaurant on super busy nights.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantBCGRRDined on 9/6/2014The first trip for my friend...and she was impressed...it is her favorite place now! Great food, service and interesting "science lab" themed interior. I have never been disappointed with Edison. If interested try the pork belly appetizer, generous portion and delicious!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceKFFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014One of my favorite Tampa restaurants. Each time I visit I enjoy the food a little more, and my most recent visit was no exception. The hot and cold starters were all layered with texture and flavor. Our service was excellent. The food came out quickly, so you might want to pace ordering if you like a more leisurely experience. Wines were well priced, and it's to be offered half-bottles. The back booth tables are the quietest. Overall very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and noisy.Lve2eatDined on 9/4/2014I had high expectation, but they were dashed. The service was very good. The food was good, but overpriced.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsNursDined on 8/30/2014First time dining at Edison's. We went to follow the amazing reviews about the menu and were not disappointed. Menu changes daily. The food fasted fresh, the portions of the entrees generous. The combination of ingredients were so unique. The wine list was impressive. Overall a unique experience. Not a weekly destination due to cost of food but we will for sure return for another celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with great drinksBeautifulVIPDined on 8/30/2014Very good food and drink as per the usual. We always share appetizers and maybe one entree. The entrees are quite pricey! Save room for some butter cake.Special Features:
- Palet heavenRSSlowDined on 8/29/2014The menu changes day to day, always bringing something new & allowing chef creation. The crafted cocktails are unique & the food will have you in a Palet sensation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdisonJon1Dined on 8/29/2014I have wanted to try The Edison for over a year and was excited to take my wife here. The Edison has potential to be great, but unfair pricing, a confused culinary, identity, and snooty waitresses are ruining the restaurant. Many menu prices were grossly overpriced. I wanted to try the harrisa fries ($14.00) or the waffle chicken ($28.00). Why sell comfort food at uncomfortable prices? Lastly, the service is Edison's biggest downfall. Possibly upset because we did not order entrées, the waitress threw a dessert menu on our table and knocked my knife down.Special Features:
- Good but very loudbrunchDined on 8/23/2014Food is great which is why we have returned 4 times now but the noise level is a problem. I don't enjoy having to scream to hear what my friends are saying. It is difficult to relax and enjoy the entire experience when you are yelling. They should really come up with something that cuts the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodBeautifulVIPDined on 8/22/2014Awesome as usual. A couple mishaps with order and waiting but food and drinks delicious.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014One of our favorite restaurants! Always great and consistently good food.Special Features:
- Always goodGimmeFoodDined on 8/21/2014Edison has a consistently good and innovative menu. I love their menu, which has unexpected and interesting combinations. Service is attentive but neither stifling nor pretentious. On a more mundane note, I appreciate the water refills, which have icy cold water and no ice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- julianDined on 8/21/2014Former Tampa native now living elsewhere. Went to edison based on a recommendation from another restaurant. Food is some of the best quality I have had in Tampa in a very long time. And while the wine list is not long, you can tell that someone who really knows wine wrote this list. Great producers whose wines work well with the food. Overall a great place if you're looking for creative and delicious food, as well as well thought out wines and cocktails.Special Features:
- fantastic!foodie1Dined on 8/19/2014Our server knew everything about the menu and was able to recommend something from every section. They say you work for people, not companies. well, if Jeannie Pierola is the chef and you eat where ever she goes you're good! Everything was amazing!Special Features:
- Always greatSTampaDinerDined on 8/18/2014Edison consistently serves fascinating and delicious meals by an exceptional and attentive staff. Please keep the high standards! Craft cocktails are a great way to start the meal experience, side dishes are stars. Order the potato crusted oysters from the appetizer menu, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great food and a fun settingTampaBnCVIPDined on 8/16/2014The menu, both food and drink, is very creative and well executed. It was quite fun to watch the kitchen in action from our table. You could tell it was a well organized team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edison does not disappointsf18Dined on 8/16/2014Love the creativity of this place! Food always delicious, imaginative, and fun! Service matches; attentive, sharp, water glasses kept full. As for the pacing; only wish all the small plates hadn't arrived all at once. Thankfully loud volume of music has been toned down; that kept us away before. To have such good food and loud thumping music is a turnoff for some. We would rather talk to our dining companions than shout. Keep up the amazing creative genius; a Tampa treasureSpecial Features:
- Yes PleaseBaha78VIPDined on 8/13/2014I love this place! The drinks are so different and so is the food. They really put a spin on things. They recently changed the menu and I liked some of the other choices better than the new ones but they still do a great job. Make sure to valet as parking can be an issue.Special Features:
- Reminds me of DC fare/vibeCheckListDined on 8/9/2014Arrived early to grab cocktails. Notified maître d' of our early arrival, who then began immediate efforts to seat us, but of course, we were in no hurry. Excellent care. Barkeeps attentive, do have patience though; they're crafting interesting cocktails that take some time to create. Expect to valet park. Fun night out with my lovely wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealBeautifulVIPDined on 8/8/2014From the bar before dinner to dessert . Edison staff did an awesome job drinks, food and service outstanding ! Portion sizes are getting smaller and smaller though ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, unique food, great wineUrbanEnvyDined on 8/2/2014Very nice place. Bar staff was friendly, food was good. Unique ingredients, so only go if you are not a picky or non-adventurous diner. I would say this is a special occasion place for the average person as it is quite pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeMesiamDined on 8/1/2014Food is top notch. Duck entrée was unreal, delicious! Peach desert. Service: waited about 20 min for first drinks, for that I lessened the stars, but the waitress was very sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Spot!wesleychapelfoodieDined on 8/1/2014Visited Edison's for first time this past weekend. Unique non chain restaurant. Had very good experience! Place is small so reservations recommended. Food and service was very good. Cocktails excellent! Recommend pre-dinner cocktail at the bar and watch the bar tenders in action.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a great place!winoDined on 8/1/2014after reading the reviews about edison on open table we decided to go and see what it was all about. were we glad we did!! it was a friday night in tampa, so everyone knows what that is. they have valet parking and the attendants were very friendly, the staff in the restaurant was great, the food was (i hate sounding like a kid here but ..) awesome.. the service excellent, and the wait time on the food was perfect. we would get one course finished and the next one would appear....this is a must visit place for anyone visiting or living in tampa. we will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Tom's Place!PacoDined on 7/31/2014A vibrant & energized composite of smells, tastes and visual activities that barely leaves a sensory cell untouched. Outstanding service from experienced staff coupled with unique couplings of menu ingredients make this a not to miss experience. Try the "sugar cake" dessert or forever be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than SatisfiedFoodieAtHeartDined on 7/30/2014Edison: Food and Drink Lab is an experience all around. Their Italian Beef Sandwich was great and the fries are to die for (I get therm every time I go for lunch) Definitely a place I suggest to any in who will listenSpecial Features:
- Love!AcernellDined on 7/25/2014Love this place!!! Service was exceptional! Food and drinks are amazing! Best dining experience overall!!! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazinglovingtheEDDined on 7/23/2014Every meal we have ever eaten here has been fantastic. Thus one may have been the best. Definitely best restaurant in Tampa Bay Area, and actually our favorite any where!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShanyShanyVIPDined on 7/23/2014The lunch starter of cauliflower was spectacular - it did taste like chicken! Was delicious, as was the salad I had for main portion of lunch.Special Features:
- food was deliciousBeautifulVIPDined on 7/19/2014Drinks were watery and bartender was rude. Once seated everything was very smooth like usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceFlyingfish08VIPDined on 7/19/2014We finally decided to try this spot after reading many superb reviews and must say the reviews were spot on. The ambiance was fantastic and energetic, service was first rate and our waitress was attentive and very knowledgeable. Oh by the way, the food was fantastic. The menu choice made our decision difficult, and we settled on the duckling and scallops, they were delicious. While we normally do not order dessert, we chose the the peach pie with praline sauce and the butterscotch pudding. OMG! What a perfect ending to one of the best meals we have had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchJjohnDined on 7/17/2014Had lunch here and reasonably priced for quality of food that was served. Would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.