EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery
550 Chesterfield Center
Chesterfield, MO 63017Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.edgewildwinery.com/
- Phone: 6365320550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Baggett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery is the perfect venue to host private events. From cocktail and dinner parties to luncheons and corporate entertaining, our private dining spaces make the ideal setting for your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Zach Smith 6365320550
- Entertainment: Weekend afternoons and Friday-Saturday evenings on our all-season patio.
A word from EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery
Located in the heart of Chesterfield, EdgeWild is a modern casual restaurant serving affordable American fine wines with inventive American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery - Best Restaurants in Chesterfield ›
EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (125)fit for foodies (97)good for groups (88)special occasion (81)neighborhood gem (55)romantic (48)vibrant bar scene (38)hot spot (34)great for lunch (27)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (15)scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (14)Show More
- What a Wonderful Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014It isn't any fun getting older, but EdgeWild made my Birthday dinner wonderful. The waitress was so wonderful. The food was GREAT! And the choice of my "Birthday Dessert" was such a pleasant surprise! LOVED IT!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Brigette our server was wonderful. It was my nephews' (twins but only one could come) 21st birthday and she made it very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceVivelleDined on 10/17/2014Thanks for the recommendations. Everything was great...service, food atmosphere.Special Features:
- almost...NardVIPDined on 10/17/2014We've tried this place three times and won't bother to try it again. The wine is the high point here - there are some interesting wines made from West Coast fruit. But the food... a first course charcuterie plate with sweet, dried fruits? How is that supposed to work with wine? Worse, the 'charcuterie' was poorly made and improperly presented. The smoked and grilled rib eye, which can be a subtle, great dish, was badly smoked and presented in the manner of a bus station cafeteria. There are good ideas in this kitchen, but not execution. The service is average. On this last trip it was awful, but I don't blame the house for a rogue waiter. To her credit, a manager did notice and offered some compensation, which I didn't accept.
- First time visiting - LOVEDLovesushiDined on 10/11/2014Great all around. Recommended the very next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!MemeDined on 10/11/2014We had 13 people and had our own table in a private room for lunch. The food was fabulous - and I mean EVERYTHING! Wine was great too. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- A bit pricey - but excellentmK153Dined on 10/10/2014Likely the best ribeye I have ever had. The only Chardonnay they had that I liked was Rombauer - which is rather expensive - but on a whole we loved this place.Special Features:
- Birthday SurpriseBirthdayDined on 10/9/2014From the ease to make a reservation on line, to the menu to the Best Waiter (Roberto) to the Food Presentation, and the Best CheeseCake ever, all was EXCELLENT... I had the good fortune to recently attend and office meeting at Edgewild and that was an excellent experience. I will recommend Edgewild to all my friends. And please kudos to Roberto who was accommodating, helpful and a pleasure to work with. Thank you we will be back!!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable, but...globalfoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2014...we have been Edgewild fans since they opened. While the food is consistently good, the wine pours seem to be decreasing to the point of hilariously stingy - especially considering their prices. In the same neighborhood, I can count on a much healthier pour at Ya Ya's or Bishop's Post. For an establishment that bases their marketing around their wine offering, it seems really strange for them to skimp on the WINE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeEatingmachine357Dined on 10/6/2014Great food and service but loud environment, will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Had an awesome time that started at the wine bar and ended with a wonderful dinner and great bottles of wine! I don't know the lady's name that took care of us last Saturday night at the wine bar but....she was very accommodating of my husband and I and our friends from out of town. Very knowledgeable of the wines...thank you SO much for your wonderful service! Then Danielle took excellent care of our party of 9 after that! She was a real joy! We will all definitely be back! Nikki and Bill MagditschSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For me, not so goodJanyDined on 10/4/2014I brought my friend there for lunch for her birthday. I had the Thai salad which I thought was really good, but my friend let me taste her pork sandwich (I think it was called "porchetta"), and it was NOT good at all. She is not the type to return things, so she did not, but I felt bad because it was her birthday luncheon. From the website, I thought the restaurant would be way more upscale. I was greeted by a girl in a Cardinals t-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes and the waitress wasn't dressed much better. If you're going to be a "sports bar", market yourself as such. Also, the menu online did not match up to what is actually on the luncheon menu. I thought the prices were competitive and the waitress was efficient and friendly.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Mushroom & Leek Crepes were fantastic. Dinner mates raved about Vegetable Meritage and Seafood special. Appreciate Gluten Free menu. Glad Edgewild has added a GF dessert. Also glad to see the new lunch menu specials -- we will be back to try them! Service was grat. Extra bonus half price wine bottles!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Making reservations on-line was very easy. I was a part of a group celebrating two birthday's and we were all very pleased with the service, food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Food was good but overpriced, however the waiter was phenomenal very personable and knowledgeable.
- Just Short of a FivestlouisdinerDined on 9/27/2014The food was excellent with a wide range of menu choices. We enjoyed both our dishes (The tenderloin medallions and the pork chop.) The service was attentive and friendly. The only downside was the noise level, which made conversation very difficult at times. There were two large groups in the back dining room where we were seated. I believe I've learned that when you make a reservation, you should specify the front dining room only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014This was our second time here and we weren't as impressed as the first time. The place itself is great. Awesome ambiance. Very relaxed setting and the food is good and the portions are plenty. but there isn't a very big selection. I just wish that there was a tad bit more to choose from. Also this is a little more a personal matter and I know it's a winery but they don't carry any IPA beer! I was disappointed with that actually.Special Features:
- Another Nice Meal at EdgeWildSouthernGent63Dined on 9/26/2014EdgeWild is our go-to place when we just need a night out. The food and wine are always good, the prices are acceptable, and the wait staff is typically very good. If I had to ding them it would be the greeters. They are typically very young women who seem to want to be somewhere else. Training can fix this. But once you're seated then the experience is usually very good.Special Features:
- Nice spot for lunchHirschwritesVIPDined on 9/26/2014We always get the grilled wedge with blue cheese. Big salad and good. And another favorite is the BLT and E!Special Features:
- Edgewild_Sep14VegasTimVIPDined on 9/22/2014I had the Mussels to start and they were excellent! I would go back for those alone. I also had the Bison meatloaf and it was also great. Great wine and service as well. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Food doesn't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014Our third time here with friends and all enjoyed their selections. Bison meatloaf was delicious with a tasty au jus and green beans done perfectly. Had a house salad with too much dressing. Looking forward to sharing another meal there with friends. Service was quick but actual sever was not very engaging or helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Lousy WaiterNancyVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent and reasonably priced - however our waiter was rude, inattentive and if we return we will definitely request someone else to wait on us. Our waitress for appetizers in the bar area was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edgewild ReviewDine4WineDined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent as was the presentation. One of our party is gluten intolerant, and she appreciated the large gluten-free menu. The server was very helpful in making our wine choices. The only negative was that the hostesses were unfriendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!HollyDined on 9/19/2014The brie soup is the best I've ever had. Always a great experience!!Special Features:
- Consistently good!VizartsVIPDined on 9/16/2014I've dined here quite a few times now for both lunch & dinner & have never been disappointed. Our server seemed to know that the 2 of us wanted to chat so didn't rush us or hover. Although I only had the soup/salad combination both were really yummy. The crab chowder was luscious & flavorful with a true taste of roasted tomatoes & corn in the broth. The vineyard salad tasted like I made it in my own kitchen..fresh & flavorful with a great vinaigrette dressing that enhanced the flavor but wasn't overpowering. I look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!K8inDestinDined on 9/13/2014This was dinner with a couple of friends and we had an awesome time. Roberto was very attentive and maDe excellent suggestions from the menu. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Place!!KathyDined on 9/13/2014Everything was wonderful!! The service, food & wine were all excellent!!! I will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014Service was slow. I had to ask for straws twice! The server forgot my salad order completely. This was my wife's birthday and I noted it on the open table reservation form. The server did not acknowledge the event and my wife got no special treat. Very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- RandyLovesWineDined on 9/6/2014Great food and service. The live music was very good, but a bit loud for a discussion with friends sitting next to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good service, Too loudBizlunchesDined on 9/5/2014This was my second time visiting this restaurant and I once again enjoyed the food. The only problem - that will most likely keep me from returning is the noise level. I'm assuming due to the shape of the domed ceiling, but you could barely hear conversation across the table.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We have had great food every tie we have visited Edgewild. Good wine list and atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- helenoflouDined on 8/30/2014I eat here fairly frequently. They are always very accommodating. Service is great and the menu has a lot of variety and price levels. Food tastes great.Special Features:
- IncidentaldinerDined on 8/29/2014Everything was perfect. We were able to talk and the waiter was attentive but not in the waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish they would have tried harderReviewerDined on 8/24/2014We took my mother here for her birthday the other night expecting a delicious dinner, wine, and a great over all experience. What we got was none of the above. While the soup was excellent, our dinner was sub-par at best. The waitress ignored our table the entire time we were there. She had a couple other tables around us that she attended to, but she would walk right passed us and not ask if we needed our drinks refilled or how things were going. Several times we had to ask a different waiter to bring us what we needed. I was really dissappointed with our visit to Edgewild, especially since I was so hopeful that my mother would have a great birthday dinner there.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutGirlsNightOut82014Dined on 8/22/2014It was a wonderful experience with the group of girls that I went to dinner with that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 1st VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent experience for our first visit. Different presentation for trying multiple wines. Crab Chowder was a great start followed by perfectly prepared scallops. Scallops were accompanied by creamed spinach with smoked Gouda and pine nuts. All very memmorible.Special Features:
- afternoondelightDined on 8/22/2014Disappointing. The hostesses appeared a little aloof...your tasting bar is small...we had a group of 13 ladies who wanted to taste at the same time and so they chose not to taste because only 3 people would fit...other wine restaurants accommodate...server was only one person with no other assist so everything took a long time..no one was asked how everything was and dessert was not offered..do you not have dessert?. No one was asked about after dinner wine. All-in-all...a bit overpriced for our outing.
- Out of TownerRuesterDined on 8/21/2014Nice decor, a really nice tenderloin trio, friendly service, and a blueberry pie a la mode to die for! Conversely, it was noisy due to the large crowd and bridal shower at the table 5 feet away.Special Features:
- Inconsistent but still goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We have been going to Edgewild for a number of years now and the food and service has always been excellent. Over the course of the last year however I have had some disappointing entrees. The appetizers and desserts are ALWAYS top notch, they really are some of the best in STL. My entrees were always great too (I used to get the steaks all the time) but then I had a bad steak - not an awful steak, it was just dry and a little bland. I didn't send it back (am too British!) but I was disappointed! The next time we went I ordered a burger, which was fantastic. Then I ordered the same burger last week and it was nothing like the previous one - it was greasy and tasted over-buttered, and the fries were really greasy. Still a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Never feeling rushed in a dining experience is priceless. When we dine out with friends, it's just not a dine and dash... it's a wine, dine, wine, and relax event... At Edgewild we experienced just that. Our server, Brian, was attentive as we needed him to be and very forthcoming on helping us with the menu. Overall we enjoyed the total restaurant as there was also entertainment in a separate part of the restaurant. I give it 5 stars as the food, service, and wine was perfect. Thanks Edgewild....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.