EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery
550 Chesterfield Center
Chesterfield, MO 63017Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.edgewildwinery.com/
- Phone: (636) 532-0550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Baggett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery is the perfect venue to host private events. From cocktail and dinner parties to luncheons and corporate entertaining, our private dining spaces make the ideal setting for your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Zach Smith 6365320550
- Entertainment: Weekend afternoons and Friday-Saturday evenings on our all-season patio.
A word from EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery
Located in the heart of Chesterfield, EdgeWild is a modern casual restaurant serving affordable American fine wines with inventive American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery - Best Restaurants in Chesterfield ›
EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (135)fit for foodies (101)good for groups (94)special occasion (85)neighborhood gem (63)romantic (52)vibrant bar scene (46)hot spot (43)great for lunch (30)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (17)scenic view (13)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (9)Show More
- eenglemanVIPDined on 11/22/2014Food is always very good, Owner stopped by to check out that everything was okay. Very busy make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a small group!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014I had a 50th birthday lunch for dear friend who hasn't been back to St. Louis in 10 years. We got together with 8 other women who we hadn't seen since high school. Edgewild was perfect!!! They put us in a little room so we could be as loud as we wanted and not bother other people. The food and service was FANTASTIC!! The wait staff was attentive, but also let us socialize as long as we wanted. One of the guests works at a bakery and brought in a cake. The staff cut and plated it for us and even brought us boxes to take home the leftovers. What a fantastic experience!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantaquagirlDined on 11/17/2014We enjoyed our first visit to EdgeWild Restaurant. I ordered the scallops, and they were delicious, and my dining partner highly rated his portabella mushroom sandwich. We both ordered salads, and my salad had carmelized walnuts, pears, grapes and had excellent flavoring (although the dressing was a bit heavy.) My partner loved his Vineyard Salad with the yummy goat cheese fritter on top. The restaurant has great atmosphere, the our server was friendly and attentive. We plan a repeat visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time, not amazing foodHappyCustomerDined on 11/15/2014We started off with the wine flight which was great! $12 for three tastings that you could pick! The food was okay. I enjoyed my meal at the moment but nothing special. Salmon was sub par, steamed artichoke appetizer was good though and so was the polenta.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentRickWDined on 11/15/2014As a "wine club" member, we visit often and are never disappointed. The server, Paul was helpful and had a good sense of humor which made the evening delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edgewild dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We went for the first time on a Friday night due to the insistence of our son who loves the place. It was our 33rd wedding anniversary. We could not have been happier with our choice! The food was wonderful, Danielle our server was great, atmosphere was cheery and relaxing. We will be back and we have told everyone. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice for Picky Eaters123AlDined on 11/8/2014I truly enjoyed the ambiance, the character of the restaurant, and the food selections. I am an extremely picky eater, a person who tries to eat organic, and then a person who tries to avoid GMO's, so my food selections are limited. They were helpful in their suggestions, clear in having a Gluten Free menu with plenty of choices, and kind and considerate about my limited eating selection. I will definite return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday evening fun..jerbearDined on 11/7/2014Went for Happy Hour. As a Wine Club Member our reserved table was waiting for us. Friday night busy but the service was very attentive. Food was delicious as always and the Sangria Slushies yummy.Special Features:
- Birthday Lunch with FriendsDbadjustDined on 11/7/2014This is about the 5th time I have went to this restaurant. One of the best things about this restaurant is the owner is present almost every time I have been at the restaurant. This is a true sign of dedication to their customers happiness. I'll be back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/5/2014Server was great, but overall service was slow. Food was very good. LOVED the half price Wine Wednesday!
- Wonderful ambience and great food!johlercDined on 11/3/2014The pistachio crusted goat cheese appetizer and Vegetable Meritage entree are outstanding, and the half-baked chocolate chip cookie with ice cream is absolutely amazing. The fire pit in the sun room creates a cozy ambience and the happy hour is a great deal if you get there before 6:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MissOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014I was not overly impressed with Edgewild. It sounded so promising with an extensive wine list and boasted the use of local ingredients, chef-prepared. I was disappointed. The steak bruschetta as an appetizer was decent. Nothing to write home about, but good. My husband's trio of tenderloin was quite good. My salmon was abysmal. The salmon was flavorless and slightly overcooked, the green beans were mushy and tasteless, and the polenta, although decent, was cold. I ate about 3 bites...and then several from my husband's dish! For the price, I don't think we would return.Special Features:
- Would not recommendCheshireVIPDined on 11/1/2014Hostess completely ignored us for several min. then we were finally seated. Took a long time for our waitress to come to take our drink order. While waiting for dinner we wanted to order another round of drinks. With3 people waving at the waitress she still managed to ignore us. When we finally got her attention it seemed like we were bothering her. When dinner was finally served, no one came around to see if everything was ok until we were almost finished. On the way out of the restaurant, the hostess did not say a word. What ever happened to 'Thanks for coming' or 'Have a nice evening'. The food was very good and so was the wine but I think we will spend our money at a restaurant that is a little more friendly and has better service.Special Features:
- Always a winnerdoclopesDined on 10/28/2014EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery never disappoints. Great food with inventive selections. Always a lively crowd enjoying themselves. The wine selection is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it as usualHappygirlDined on 10/28/2014I took a friend who had never been. She loved it and will be back. Always great; thank you.Special Features:
- Surprised!RzRBackDined on 10/24/2014The food was FANTASTIC, service was the BEST EVER! Stop what you are doing and go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Food & WineMRyan9Dined on 10/20/2014Outstanding place to eat and drink (tremendous wine list) for a special occasion or just to enjoy an evening out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Wonderful Birthday DinnerPinkmommaDined on 10/19/2014It isn't any fun getting older, but EdgeWild made my Birthday dinner wonderful. The waitress was so wonderful. The food was GREAT! And the choice of my "Birthday Dessert" was such a pleasant surprise! LOVED IT!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Brigette our server was wonderful. It was my nephews' (twins but only one could come) 21st birthday and she made it very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceVivelleDined on 10/17/2014Thanks for the recommendations. Everything was great...service, food atmosphere.Special Features:
- almost...NardVIPDined on 10/17/2014We've tried this place three times and won't bother to try it again. The wine is the high point here - there are some interesting wines made from West Coast fruit. But the food... a first course charcuterie plate with sweet, dried fruits? How is that supposed to work with wine? Worse, the 'charcuterie' was poorly made and improperly presented. The smoked and grilled rib eye, which can be a subtle, great dish, was badly smoked and presented in the manner of a bus station cafeteria. There are good ideas in this kitchen, but not execution. The service is average. On this last trip it was awful, but I don't blame the house for a rogue waiter. To her credit, a manager did notice and offered some compensation, which I didn't accept.
- First time visiting - LOVEDLovesushiDined on 10/11/2014Great all around. Recommended the very next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!MemeDined on 10/11/2014We had 13 people and had our own table in a private room for lunch. The food was fabulous - and I mean EVERYTHING! Wine was great too. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- A bit pricey - but excellentmK153Dined on 10/10/2014Likely the best ribeye I have ever had. The only Chardonnay they had that I liked was Rombauer - which is rather expensive - but on a whole we loved this place.Special Features:
- Birthday SurpriseBirthdayDined on 10/9/2014From the ease to make a reservation on line, to the menu to the Best Waiter (Roberto) to the Food Presentation, and the Best CheeseCake ever, all was EXCELLENT... I had the good fortune to recently attend and office meeting at Edgewild and that was an excellent experience. I will recommend Edgewild to all my friends. And please kudos to Roberto who was accommodating, helpful and a pleasure to work with. Thank you we will be back!!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable, but...globalfoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2014...we have been Edgewild fans since they opened. While the food is consistently good, the wine pours seem to be decreasing to the point of hilariously stingy - especially considering their prices. In the same neighborhood, I can count on a much healthier pour at Ya Ya's or Bishop's Post. For an establishment that bases their marketing around their wine offering, it seems really strange for them to skimp on the WINE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeEatingmachine357Dined on 10/6/2014Great food and service but loud environment, will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Had an awesome time that started at the wine bar and ended with a wonderful dinner and great bottles of wine! I don't know the lady's name that took care of us last Saturday night at the wine bar but....she was very accommodating of my husband and I and our friends from out of town. Very knowledgeable of the wines...thank you SO much for your wonderful service! Then Danielle took excellent care of our party of 9 after that! She was a real joy! We will all definitely be back! Nikki and Bill MagditschSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For me, not so goodJanyDined on 10/4/2014I brought my friend there for lunch for her birthday. I had the Thai salad which I thought was really good, but my friend let me taste her pork sandwich (I think it was called "porchetta"), and it was NOT good at all. She is not the type to return things, so she did not, but I felt bad because it was her birthday luncheon. From the website, I thought the restaurant would be way more upscale. I was greeted by a girl in a Cardinals t-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes and the waitress wasn't dressed much better. If you're going to be a "sports bar", market yourself as such. Also, the menu online did not match up to what is actually on the luncheon menu. I thought the prices were competitive and the waitress was efficient and friendly.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Mushroom & Leek Crepes were fantastic. Dinner mates raved about Vegetable Meritage and Seafood special. Appreciate Gluten Free menu. Glad Edgewild has added a GF dessert. Also glad to see the new lunch menu specials -- we will be back to try them! Service was grat. Extra bonus half price wine bottles!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Making reservations on-line was very easy. I was a part of a group celebrating two birthday's and we were all very pleased with the service, food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Food was good but overpriced, however the waiter was phenomenal very personable and knowledgeable.
- Just Short of a FivestlouisdinerDined on 9/27/2014The food was excellent with a wide range of menu choices. We enjoyed both our dishes (The tenderloin medallions and the pork chop.) The service was attentive and friendly. The only downside was the noise level, which made conversation very difficult at times. There were two large groups in the back dining room where we were seated. I believe I've learned that when you make a reservation, you should specify the front dining room only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014This was our second time here and we weren't as impressed as the first time. The place itself is great. Awesome ambiance. Very relaxed setting and the food is good and the portions are plenty. but there isn't a very big selection. I just wish that there was a tad bit more to choose from. Also this is a little more a personal matter and I know it's a winery but they don't carry any IPA beer! I was disappointed with that actually.Special Features:
- Another Nice Meal at EdgeWildSouthernGent63Dined on 9/26/2014EdgeWild is our go-to place when we just need a night out. The food and wine are always good, the prices are acceptable, and the wait staff is typically very good. If I had to ding them it would be the greeters. They are typically very young women who seem to want to be somewhere else. Training can fix this. But once you're seated then the experience is usually very good.Special Features:
- Nice spot for lunchHirschwritesVIPDined on 9/26/2014We always get the grilled wedge with blue cheese. Big salad and good. And another favorite is the BLT and E!Special Features:
- Edgewild_Sep14VegasTimVIPDined on 9/22/2014I had the Mussels to start and they were excellent! I would go back for those alone. I also had the Bison meatloaf and it was also great. Great wine and service as well. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Food doesn't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014Our third time here with friends and all enjoyed their selections. Bison meatloaf was delicious with a tasty au jus and green beans done perfectly. Had a house salad with too much dressing. Looking forward to sharing another meal there with friends. Service was quick but actual sever was not very engaging or helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Lousy WaiterNancyVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent and reasonably priced - however our waiter was rude, inattentive and if we return we will definitely request someone else to wait on us. Our waitress for appetizers in the bar area was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edgewild ReviewDine4WineDined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent as was the presentation. One of our party is gluten intolerant, and she appreciated the large gluten-free menu. The server was very helpful in making our wine choices. The only negative was that the hostesses were unfriendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.