Edgewater Restaurant - Edgewater Lodge
8020 Alpine Way
Whistler, BC V0N 1B8Neighborhood:
Whistler Village North
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Edgewater Restaurant - Edgewater Lodge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edgewater-lodge.com/
- Phone: 6049320688x
- Hours of Operation:
July & August seatings are 7 days/week 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Sept to June we are 5 days/week: 5:30 Pm - 9:00 Pm Wed - Sunday
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Patrick Fortier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The Edgewater loves special events. From private dinner functions to weddings.
Please enquire with Kamila Basher email@example.com
A word from Edgewater Restaurant - Edgewater Lodge
With floor to ceiling windows, our post & beam restaurant offers a view unparalleled in Whistler. Paired with our Pacific-Northwest inspired menu, the Edgewater offers a dining experience you won't soon forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Edgewater Restaurant - Edgewater Lodge - Best Restaurants in Whistler Village North ›
Edgewater Restaurant - Edgewater Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (19)special occasion (16)romantic (14)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Good foodBettyDined on 8/13/2014I had the bouilabase which was excellent with a well balanced stock and a good variety of fish. My partner had a lamb shank which he polished off with alacrity. Not a disappointment. Our waitress was charming.Special Features:
- Absolutely sublime as usualSiskelDined on 8/13/2014Sooner or later this place will be so hard to get a reservation for... Everything is so understated and the food over delivers. We love it!Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewKirksterDined on 6/15/2014Certainly one of the nicest views in Whistler overlooking Green Lake. The atmosphere is more like a cozy lodge. Good food accompanied by good service. Large portions wih an OK wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in WhistlerdgthomsonDined on 6/14/2014I have eaten here several times, it's a wonderful alternative to going to a restaurant in the crowded village. The food is excellent - all three of my dining companions were very pleased with their choices. The setting is outstanding and the dining room has an intimate and relaxed feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DreamyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014Unique comfortable chalet atmosphere with fine dining experience, my favorite romantic place to eat in Whistler.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014The desserts available on the $39 Spring Fling menu on the website did not match the dessert menu provided in the restaurant. We were looking forward to the molten chocolate cake as advertised on the online menu, but it was not available in the restaurant. Keeping the menus up to date, as much as possible, would be great. Otherwise the food was great.Special Features:
- The following 136 reviews are from the Edgewater Restaurant - Edgewater Lodge reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2014A great shame we were seated we so close to a table of 5 without any dividing privacy screen or baffle to lower the noise from these exhuberant diners. As always, great food and service but why seat five diners so close to a table for two when the floor area at Edgewater is so generous?Special Features:
- Whistler Gem!RAE21VIPDined on 4/10/2014We come to Whistler to ski quite often and will definately add this place to our favourites. Food is excellent and although it isn't in the village, the views from the restaurant are worth the short drive particularly during the Daylight Saving Time months when you can dine during daylight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveninggrendlDined on 4/10/2014My friend and I have been back for the fourth year in a row as our last night of our annual ski trip. It is now our tradition. The food and service are great. The view is unparalleled and the atmosphere is nice and quiet so one can actually talk. We shared the beet and goat cheese salad followed by the salmon with a wonderful kale salsa. We finished with the chocolate cake. All was wonderful. We especially enjoyed our waitress -- thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edgewater on Green LakeBoboDined on 4/2/2014We dine there once a year while at Whistler. We have recommended The Edgewater to friends and family. As usual our meal was great again this year. I was disappointed to see our server wearing an apron that was dirty with food splatters. She must have spent time working in the kitchen. Take time to check out your appearance before opening to the publicSpecial Features:
- The Edgewater is fantasticlovegoodfoodDined on 3/28/2014The Edgewater is fantastic restaurant in my opinion. The food is excellent, the servers are warm and welcoming, the location is quiet, relaxed, cozy and of easy access by car. It's a perfect place for a romantic dinner, or a relaxed dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special dayawhistlerlocalDined on 3/28/2014The Edgewater is now our favourite fine dining restaurant in Whistler. This was our first visit for a special occasion. The setting was breath-taking, the food was exceptionally beautifully presented, flavourful and perfectly proportioned. Service was excellent - not overbearing or pretentious but welcoming, helpful and timely. The menu was also excellent, catering to everyone in our party of seven's needs. We will certainly come back to the Edgewater for all our special occasions in the future and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!dineoutDined on 3/23/2014We typically don't go out for dinner when we are at our Whistler home because we enjoy just relaxing at home. The Edgewater was recently recommended for friends in our area (Alpine Meadows) so we decided to give it a try. It was a lovely 20 minute walk a great meal, fabulous view and very courteous staff followed by another great walk home. No car to worry about so everyone got to enjoy their wine with the meal. Oh, and dessert was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends gatherringcocolovefoodDined on 3/20/2014This was my 2nd times to go to Edgewater. A very unique restaurant. Nice food, nice lake view in the summer time and good service. You paid what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, wonderfulgolfladyDined on 3/20/2014As always, our visit to Edgewater was outstanding. The food, service and views are hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better...StefanDined on 3/20/2014Often scenic views and excellent cuisine don't seem to match. Not so at the Edgewater Restaurant. The secluded lodge en route from Whistler to Pemberton is most welcoming. It makes you feel right at home. The views and the sunsets in this lake-side log cabin are breathtaking. The menu is short but covers everything from fish to fowl, from meets to veggies. The mostly local wines match the food perfectly well. The salmon is mouthwatering and juicy, cleanly presented with perfectly matching sides. The venison is served rare to medium rare and melts on your tong. Kids are more than welcome. The kids meals are so good, you hope they treat you to some leftovers. The service is impeccable yet appropriately tailored to the log cabin atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysgolfladyDined on 3/8/2014Edgewater is one of our "go to" restaurants whenever we're vacationing in Whistler. Everything about Edgewater is wonderful--the food, the service, and the views across Green Lake and up to the mountains around Whistler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice meal, although in myklondicyclerDined on 3/6/2014nice meal, although in my opinion the portions are too large !! Service was very pleasant, but as the restaurant filled we saw less and less of the server, and i grew a little impatient toward the end when waiting for coffee and the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not exactly the RimrockgmcpDined on 3/1/2014The food was ok, the service somewhat apathetic, the décor tired. Given the price category, I expected more.
- Sweet SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014The staff was very friendly food, service and atmosphere was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambiance. good foodsnowtesterVIPDined on 2/28/2014great ambiance. good food selection, and a wonderful view, and QUIET !Special Features:
- Hidden gem in WhistlerRRG1Dined on 2/28/2014Excellent food, excellent service and a fantastic view. A little tucked away and hard to find if you haven't been there before but well worth it. A hidden gem in Whistler ! Would absolutely recomend to anyone looking for something a little different than the hustle and bustle of the main villages. Great lodging as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great choice when skiingpinotDined on 2/28/2014Not a great choice when skiing at Whistler. Out of the way, extremely old school vibe.
- Better than RimRockSF1968Dined on 2/18/2014Nothing else to say, RimRock definitely now living on reputation alone, food here was superior in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time here and it pickedAlexDined on 2/1/2014Second time here and it picked up where I last left with Excellent food and service. Great spot a bit Pricy but well worth it. Good to get out the village If only for a few k's awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected and wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014In staying at the Edgewater Lodge, we decided it would be comfortable to dine at the restaurant. The experience was unexpected and wonderful, with very friendly and relaxed service in a setting that was at once intimate but also airy. The restaurant has a comfortable ambience with tall wood columns and beams and a beautiful vista to the adjoining lake and mountains. The menu was small but very tasty and well prepared. Overall, the experience was wonderful and relaxed. This is a small restaurant located in a high ceilinged room that speaks of mountains and lakes. The lodge does not scream sophistication, but it has a soft ambience and comfort that is well suited for quiet weekends and outdoor activities.Special Features:
- Wonderful. Thank you.SiskelDined on 1/29/2014We had wonderful lobster soup followed by the venison, salmon, and a prime rib. Very nicely done. We'll be back again and again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect to end a ski tripmuppetsgtDined on 1/25/2014We found Edgewater through OpenTable, not knowing anything about it, we went with the positive reviews. At the end of our dinner, everyone of us, 6 total, were extremely pleased with the quality of service, food, and atmosphere. The Edgewater only holds about 36 people, so the staff was very attentive, service was well timed, and all items were cooked to perfection. The room itself is a "country cabin A-frame" style, and never got to loud. We will be back on our next ski vacation to Whistler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was fantasitic.LALADined on 1/24/2014The service was fantasitic. No problem putting together a delicious vegan meal for one of our group. And the food was supurb! Will definately go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Spot on the lake withFF55Dined on 1/22/2014Lovely Spot on the lake with white table cloths and candles and fireplace - elegant but relaxed and inviting. Friendly efficient service. Wonderful food ( and a lot of it - no skimpy portions!). Nice jazz played at soft level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner and superb locationSiskelDined on 1/9/2014This dinner was the highlight of our vacation. Nice and intimate and top notch food. White table cloths, candlelight, fireplace, and a view we wish we owned. Not pretentious but very special all the same. Thank you for taking such good care of us. Kudos all round :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quiet restaurantDavidDined on 1/9/2014Edgewater has become a favourite of ours over the many years we have stayed at Whistler. It is not in the Village and is a little difficult to get to, but it is a wonderful quiet restaurant for conversation and unhurried dining. Great food always. The wine list is practical, not showy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ok serviceExcellentDiningDined on 1/4/2014Food was delicious, but service was lack luster with our main waitress never smiling, never refilling our wine glasses, and seeming to provide the requisite services without sincerity. Given the fact that we chose some of the most expensive dishes, one would expect better, warmer, and more genuine service. Would return for the food but not the service. We found all staff at the accomodations as well rather unpolished and a bit unfriendly. Not sure if they are overworked or simply lack training.Special Features:
- Some intriguing menu optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2013Some intriguing menu options ( daughter started with steak tartare) flanked by comfortable falls backs ( my cod was so delicious that another member of our dinner party ordered cod the following night at a different venue and, when asked about it, replied " it is good but not as good as the cod you had"). Lovely, lovely ambience set the mood. We did not peruse the wine listSpecial Features:
- Whistler's Hidden Dining ExperienceJDUBDined on 12/26/2013Having visiting Whistler for several years, I can't believe I've never actually had dinner here. It is a short drive from the village just past Nicklaus North, but one rarely thinks to leave the Village or Creekside when considering dining options. The atmosphere at the Edgewater was intimate, similar to the Rim Rock in size which made for a lovely dining experience. Not nearly as pretentious as some of the other fine dining establishments, yet excellent quality. I would Highly recommend this restaurant as an alternative to Araxi, Rim Rock or Bearfoot for a fancy dinner out for a special occasion. Probably one of the best Salmon meals I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointingkatieDined on 12/25/2013Service was poor, food was not good, value was beyond disappointing.Special Features:
- Dinner was a let downDanaDined on 12/25/2013One of the main reasons for choosing this suggested restaurant was its open menu on Xmas. Unfortunately they only offered prefix on Xmas when website mentions nothing of this. Food was great!! All courses were quite enjoyable, however the service was sub par, not fine dining quality at all...we asked for everything we needed...water, wine glasses, food removal, wine refills, check, etc....if our tip was going straight to the kitchen staff that would have been most appropriate...we saw a few hard workers...but flow was not that of a top notch fine dining restaurant....maybe outside holiday is better option for this locationSpecial Features:
- We have the Xmas eve , I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2013We have the Xmas eve , I had more expectation for the dinner, and for the price, the place is very nice
- All of our food was DELICIOUS.pogginsDined on 12/14/2013All of our food was DELICIOUS. Thanks again to the talented chef(s)! Our group of five ate at the Edgewater in early December, meaning that since ski season was not in full swing it was easy to get a reservation. We were there at night in the winter, but from their website it looks like they have a scenic view with outside dining and would be a good place for special events and weddings.Special Features:
- Amazing food and ambienceAdventDinerDined on 12/7/2013I wanted something special for my girlfriends birthday on Dec 7th and did some research. Most reviews said that the food was great at this restaurant and so we went. The reviews were on the mark. The food was excellent, the atmosphere great, the service awesome. I personally had the Lamb and Venison Tartar, both unreal. Everyone in my group loved their food. Also the 3 course menu was reasonably priced at $39. I would recommend this restaurant any day of the week. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.