74 West Broad Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edgerestaurant.net/
- Phone: (610) 814-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, French, Asian
- Executive Chef: Timothy Widrick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Edge offers a private dinning room available for up to 60 guests for dinner. Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manja Fields 6108140100
A word from Edge
Located in the heart of downtown Bethlehem, Edge delivers a wonderful dining experience in a casual upscale atmosphere. Chef Timothy Widrick uses French and Asian influences in his classic to modern cuisine. Enjoy a fantastic wine selection designed to please every palate, or perhaps a perfectly crafted cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Edge reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)romantic (26)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (16)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (8)hot spot (7)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Best food in town.DrFoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014After hitting most of the restaurants now in town, the food here is one of the best. Its not new like many other places I know - but the food is foodie worthy. The plating was very detailed and pretty. The Decor was modern, and classy. The Waitress was superb - the right mix of attentive but not intrusive. We were stuffed, on only an appy and entree each and couldn't finish a shared dessert. Tapas on Main same weekend & Edge food quality and flavor far exceed Tapas on Main - IMHO is very over rated (but 1/2 price). One big criticism, the wine selection was generic /basic, blah poor quality wine was extremely pricy if you know your wines. For a restaurant of this $ point - there should be as much effort to find wine - as in food prepSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Me my son and grandson had the New York strip steak It was done to perfection Juicy tender and very tasty If you like steak you must have it here don't miss itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at its best!WehavegoodtasteDined on 7/31/2014Our dining experience at Edge was nothing short of spectacular! Tuna tartare appetizer was delicious and very uniquely presented. My pork fried rice was super tasty and again uniquely presented on the plate! My husband loved his twin filet' with rosoto! The meals are of a good size portion and very creatively designed. Our server was very efficient. The ambiance is cool! We met Chef Timothy in person! He has such a sweet man who obviously loves his profession and is very very good!!! Extremely talented and we will definitely make the trip back to dine at Edge.Special Features:
- Great Family MealZest4lifeDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed an excellent family dinner at Edge with appetizers, entrees and desserts. The mussells were very tasty, entrees were very good and the creme brullee was outstanding. Our waitress was very professional and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLehighvalleymomDined on 7/25/2014The soup, salad, and entrees were quite good however, the desserts were terrible! We tried the chocolate, caramel tart (mini pie crust with runny caramel inside and an overwhelming ginger flavor) and the "tiramisu" (served in a bowl & tasted like instant pudding with coconut on top). Ten years ago Edge was our favorite local restaurant. We hadn't been there for several years, and we were disappointed overall. Also, we had reservations at 7:15 on a Friday, and the restaurant was nearly empty. The decor needs an update too.Special Features:
- Just OKJohnnieDined on 7/15/2014There was nothing special about the restaurant. The food was good but far from the best. The steaks--filet mignon-- were not as tender as we are accustomed to and had some gristle. The Demi glaze was excellent though. My hearts of romaine salad was presented well but nothing special. The glass of wine was really a half glass. The meal was not worth the price.Special Features:
- Just Okyank999VIPDined on 7/12/2014Been to the Edge many times and the mussels have always been a staple. I have to say they were disappointing, not nearly as good as the used to be. The Edge was always my go to place for mussels not anymore very disappointing.Special Features:
- Great foodAliceDined on 7/10/2014This is the second time we have dined here. The food is delicious. Everything is well prepared and looks as good as it tastes. I highly recommend a visit to Edge.Special Features:
- Edge is GreatStephenDined on 6/28/2014We've been to Edge several times and the food and service is always been great. We don't live nearby so it's kind of a destination/special occasion restaurant for us at it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Great againScottHVIPDined on 6/28/2014Another great meal for four at Edge. Skate Wing, a fish, was just fantastic. Desserts were also terrific, especially the coconut a cake ... A modern twist in a classic. Service is always top notch and we have never had a bad experience, even after visiting dozens of times of the years.Special Features:
- awesome food and sericegr8diningDined on 6/26/2014The food servved to us was beautifully presented. The meal was done to perfection and enjoyed by all. The service was fast, accurate and the wait staff was friendly and accomadating. It was indeed a most pleasurable experience.Special Features:
- Great spotHankDined on 5/24/2014The food was excellent and the staff gave us special care as we celebrated our son's graduation from college.Special Features:
- good food, loud musicjayveeDined on 5/19/2014The calimari appetizer was excellent, the list of entrees a bit small, and most noticible was the loud music playing throughout our dinner.Special Features:
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Have eatne there several times before. Were there Saturday night for our anniversary. Crabcakes were different than we remembered--small, more filler and not lump crabmeat--disappointing. Also, menu was limited because of Lehigh graduation weekend?? Might not come back again.Special Features:
- 5 Stars All the Way AroundPolentaDined on 5/16/2014Everything about The Edge is great and the food is at the top of the list.Special Features:
- Excellent Brunch BuffettJenniBDined on 5/11/2014The mothers day brunch was excellent. The service and the food couldn't have been better. The drink menu was impressive as well. Very hip.Special Features:
- dinerkim1204Dined on 5/9/2014we had a great dinner last night food drinks and dessert will be going back to have dinner on the patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edge AheadLocavoresVIPDined on 5/3/2014Outstanding Asian influenced dishes. Outstanding service at all levels. Comfortable seating and ambiance. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not in my top five, but nice placeMrEatseverywhereDined on 5/2/2014There was no wait on a Friday night which is fantastic. Very nice atmosphere, and amazing food. My only gripe would be that there was not enough. I tend to see small portions at these types of restaurants, which is very unfortunate because otherwise this place would be a five start restaurant in my book all day long. If you've been to "melt"and enjoyed yourself, chances are you'll enjoy this just as much and spend a little less. I had the chicken wrapper in lettuce as an appetizer, and loved it. For someone who enjoys spicy, it did come with a sauce that offered a small dose of heat. Great for a date. It's a perfect light meal for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSweetestViolet04Dined on 5/1/2014The service was wonderful, attentive and friendly waitstaff. Great pacing from drinks to appetizer to entree. Exquisitely prepared and displayed portions. You made my boyfriend's 30th birthday dinner truly memorable. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 201 reviews are from the Edge reviews archive.
- Excellent ducklynnieDined on 4/22/2014The menu was predictable-standard salad offerings-every restaurant offers these boring salads...I loved the roasted cauliflower with cinnamon and the duck entre was exceptional. I had the fried pork-the meat was delicious, but the sides weren't very interesting. The rice was just ok and filled with edamame, so the huge 1/2 plate of unpeeled edamame didn't work as a side-I didn't even bother with it. I would go back for the duck.Special Features:
- We loved this restaurant…neverOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2014We loved this restaurant…never have been out to dinner in Bethlehem and chose this one from an online description. We would go there again in a minute!Special Features:
- "Um, Um Good!"LeoLionDined on 4/5/2014Edge is without a doubt one of the BEST restaurants in the Lehigh Valley! The setting is immaculate; the service is nothing less than top notch; and the food is phenomenal!!Special Features:
- Awesome EdgemamazenDined on 3/29/2014We arrived and our table was not ready so we were escorted to a bar table for drinks. We were seated quickly and found a diverse menu. Too many items to choose from! We had yummy drinks and appetizers and then enjoyed the steak, pork and duck entrees. The cherry gastric was wonderful on the duck and the squash risotto went well with the pork. Our only complaint was of the undercooked brussel sprouts. The server was attentive, although our food took a little longer then expected. No worries bc the drinks were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014The general manager, chef and staff are an unbeatable crew. Hand down the best place to dine in the entire Lehigh Valley. I am a very picky New Yorker (and foodie.) Edge is the only restaurant that has been able to live up to my expectations outside of NYC. I strongly recommend Edge.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014Food was excellent and the service was prompt but not overbearing. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Always goodTuxmanDined on 3/14/2014Edge has many wonderful items on the menu but I enjoy their angus burger best. It is the best burger I have ever eaten. My wife and I love the atmosphere and they have an excellent wine list as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2014As always, Edge provided great food and great service and continues to remain on the short list of restaurants I frequent in the Lehigh Valley. The food is always consistently prepared and delicious. The cocktails are very good and the wine and beer list is notable, with some hard to find gems. The staff and service are impeccable. I certainly recommend Edge to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!ChrisVIPDined on 3/12/2014Ate here late on a weeknight so it wasn't too crowded which was nice. The wines by the glass are very good as is the calamari appetizer. Both the pork tenderloin and filet mignon entrees are a must! Our waitress left before we were finished so another waitress took care of our check. Edge is a must if you're on Northside.Special Features:
- Good for business dinnerLovefoodDined on 3/3/2014During the week this restaurant provides an excellent setting for conducting business. Food is outstanding, service us top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very good as wellBabeDined on 3/1/2014Service was very good as well as the food. Could use a larger bar or maybe a service bar somewhere else.Special Features:
- Glad I made the trip to BethlehemmdfoodieDined on 2/28/2014I have to frequently travel to allentown for family business and don't usually venture to Bethlehem for dinner. My sister and I were very pleasantly surprised by meal at Edge. there were lots of food and drink options -- we opted for a bunch of small plates and appetizers and concluded that each was better than the next. Our only complaint was that we should have remembered to ask for salad dressing on the side or for the kitchen to apply it lightly. There was just a little too much. But the food was really delicious!Special Features:
- Fantastic SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2014The food is fantastic and it is a great place for almost any occasion. Service is always fantastic and the menu has something for everyone. The chef always adds a few additional specials which keep this place very unique. Great selection of wines and the bar service is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was excited to go to EdgeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I was excited to go to Edge since the menu looked appealing but once we got there it was a disappointment. Went on Valentines day with my husband and there was a lot of couples but you would have not known it was Valentines day. The rolls were hard and the oil on the table did not have flavor . I had the crab cakes which were over fried and the Remoulade was nothing but mayonnaise taste and the Napa slaw was warm and was not good to eat.
- Good food, good serviceLehighStudentDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine's day. Food was good, seafood was fresh (I would recommend the tuna tartar). Nice, romantic ambiance. Expect to pay, especially if you are drinking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as UsualchloeDined on 2/8/2014I have never had a less than fantastic experience at The Edge. The food and service are always top notch. I would highly recomend this restaruant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They validate your parkingJdemo78Dined on 2/7/2014I like the parking validation. It's such a small and nice thing. I have some dietary restrictions and they were very accommodating. Overall a very nice night out, it was a nice place to add some variety. They had some really nice flavor profiles.Special Features:
- Fitting end to Restaurant WeekRadnorsnanaDined on 2/1/2014We always book Edge for the last restaurant in Bethlehem's restaurant week. From the rustic dinner rolls to the delicious desserts (rustic apple tart and mille feuille with chocolate and peanut butter, it was as memorable as the last six restaurant weeks dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticCdg1234Dined on 1/31/2014Top notch dining experience. The food was prepared perfectly, service was very attentive and atmosphere was very relaxing and pleasant. This was the third time we have visited Edge and all our experiences have been very consistent. Would highly recommend as a place to dine in downtown Bethlehem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningOutoftownersDined on 1/17/2014Edge is a stylish, well-lit restaurant with nice views onto the streets of Bethlehem. Food was consistently good; service was friendly and accommodating, if a bit inelegant at times. E.g.: the wine we ordered after our cocktails only arrived after our entrees had been on the table for a few minutes. We loved the appetizer special -- mushroom toast -- as well as our entrees (New Zealand lamb chops, and and salmon). The Gingerly Gin cocktail was interesting and worth trying; the Spin on the Old, on the other hand tasted like a watered down, and too sweet, Old Fashioned. For the price, I think there are better restaurants in the Lehigh Valley, but it was a pleasant evening.Special Features: