74 West Broad Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edgerestaurant.net/
- Phone: (610) 814-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, French, Asian
- Executive Chef: Timothy Widrick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Edge offers a private dinning room available for up to 60 guests for dinner. Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manja Fields 6108140100
A word from Edge
Located in the heart of downtown Bethlehem, Edge delivers a wonderful dining experience in a casual upscale atmosphere. Chef Timothy Widrick uses French and Asian influences in his classic to modern cuisine. Enjoy a fantastic wine selection designed to please every palate, or perhaps a perfectly crafted cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Edge reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)special occasion (20)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (9)good for groups (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- wonderful evening and mealJohnDined on 11/22/2014The food and service are above the norm. The other guests were friendly which enhanced the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitMikeVIPDined on 11/15/2014Visiting the area and tried this restaurant, what a great experience. The food was excellent from the appetizers to the deserts. A great amount of unique choices on the menu. A relaxed environment with excellent service. Rivaling top restaurants and dining in much larger cities. This is a must stop for anyone dining in Bethlehem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodFood4ThoughtDined on 11/15/2014The service was a bit slow but the food came out hot and very good. Overall excellent food and the servers were very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Bethlehem RestaurantRichardDined on 11/11/2014My wife and I ordered three small plates and two appetizers, and it was one of the best meals we've ever had. Inventive dishes, expertly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carissa is the Bomb!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2014I hosted two work events here over the past two weeks and the feedback from my guests was outstanding. The food was fantastic and the service was perfect as always. Carissa takes care of me each time I am there and is very attentive and engaging with my groups. She provides just the right amount of attention to her tables. Clearly the management has done a nice job as the entire team is always professional. We always get a warm greeting at the front and have never had to wait to be seated. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Our new favorite restaurant in Bethlehem. Went there several years ago and did not care for the food. Absolutely 100% improvement in everything. Portions just right -- not tons of junk food - just good food.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable EveningGlenmacDined on 10/6/2014Went for our 40th Anniversary, first time at Edge. Great service, very nice wine selection and the food was excellent. I highly recommend and will be back.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere & Food, C ServiceDScottDined on 9/27/2014Edge has a fantastic atmosphere and menu. I have always had good experiences with the food, and the prices are in-line with the area. All and all, this restaurant would be "perfect" should the serving staff be improved. I have often found that servers fail to introduce themselves, or appear in an untimely manner. Therefore I would give Edge an A-, a score which leaves room for improvement.Special Features:
- Great place for special occasionEsgladfelterDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I had a fantastic experience while we celebrated our 12th anniversary in the Lehigh Valley. The Edge fit perfectly as a nice romantic setting with great food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining experienceOuttodineDined on 8/23/2014We had a great experience from beginning to end! The service was attentive but not obtrusive. The food was delicious . We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Best food in town.DrFoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014After hitting most of the restaurants now in town, the food here is one of the best. Its not new like many other places I know - but the food is foodie worthy. The plating was very detailed and pretty. The Decor was modern, and classy. The Waitress was superb - the right mix of attentive but not intrusive. We were stuffed, on only an appy and entree each and couldn't finish a shared dessert. Tapas on Main same weekend & Edge food quality and flavor far exceed Tapas on Main - IMHO is very over rated (but 1/2 price). One big criticism, the wine selection was generic /basic, blah poor quality wine was extremely pricy if you know your wines. For a restaurant of this $ point - there should be as much effort to find wine - as in food prepSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Me my son and grandson had the New York strip steak It was done to perfection Juicy tender and very tasty If you like steak you must have it here don't miss itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at its best!WehavegoodtasteDined on 7/31/2014Our dining experience at Edge was nothing short of spectacular! Tuna tartare appetizer was delicious and very uniquely presented. My pork fried rice was super tasty and again uniquely presented on the plate! My husband loved his twin filet' with rosoto! The meals are of a good size portion and very creatively designed. Our server was very efficient. The ambiance is cool! We met Chef Timothy in person! He has such a sweet man who obviously loves his profession and is very very good!!! Extremely talented and we will definitely make the trip back to dine at Edge.Special Features:
- The following 218 reviews are from the Edge reviews archive.
- Great Family MealZest4lifeDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed an excellent family dinner at Edge with appetizers, entrees and desserts. The mussells were very tasty, entrees were very good and the creme brullee was outstanding. Our waitress was very professional and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLehighvalleymomDined on 7/25/2014The soup, salad, and entrees were quite good however, the desserts were terrible! We tried the chocolate, caramel tart (mini pie crust with runny caramel inside and an overwhelming ginger flavor) and the "tiramisu" (served in a bowl & tasted like instant pudding with coconut on top). Ten years ago Edge was our favorite local restaurant. We hadn't been there for several years, and we were disappointed overall. Also, we had reservations at 7:15 on a Friday, and the restaurant was nearly empty. The decor needs an update too.Special Features:
- Just OKJohnnieDined on 7/15/2014There was nothing special about the restaurant. The food was good but far from the best. The steaks--filet mignon-- were not as tender as we are accustomed to and had some gristle. The Demi glaze was excellent though. My hearts of romaine salad was presented well but nothing special. The glass of wine was really a half glass. The meal was not worth the price.Special Features:
- Just Okyank999VIPDined on 7/12/2014Been to the Edge many times and the mussels have always been a staple. I have to say they were disappointing, not nearly as good as the used to be. The Edge was always my go to place for mussels not anymore very disappointing.Special Features:
- Great foodAliceDined on 7/10/2014This is the second time we have dined here. The food is delicious. Everything is well prepared and looks as good as it tastes. I highly recommend a visit to Edge.Special Features:
- Edge is GreatStephenDined on 6/28/2014We've been to Edge several times and the food and service is always been great. We don't live nearby so it's kind of a destination/special occasion restaurant for us at it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Great againScottHVIPDined on 6/28/2014Another great meal for four at Edge. Skate Wing, a fish, was just fantastic. Desserts were also terrific, especially the coconut a cake ... A modern twist in a classic. Service is always top notch and we have never had a bad experience, even after visiting dozens of times of the years.Special Features:
- awesome food and sericegr8diningDined on 6/26/2014The food servved to us was beautifully presented. The meal was done to perfection and enjoyed by all. The service was fast, accurate and the wait staff was friendly and accomadating. It was indeed a most pleasurable experience.Special Features:
- Great spotHankDined on 5/24/2014The food was excellent and the staff gave us special care as we celebrated our son's graduation from college.Special Features:
- good food, loud musicjayveeDined on 5/19/2014The calimari appetizer was excellent, the list of entrees a bit small, and most noticible was the loud music playing throughout our dinner.Special Features:
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Have eatne there several times before. Were there Saturday night for our anniversary. Crabcakes were different than we remembered--small, more filler and not lump crabmeat--disappointing. Also, menu was limited because of Lehigh graduation weekend?? Might not come back again.Special Features:
- 5 Stars All the Way AroundPolentaDined on 5/16/2014Everything about The Edge is great and the food is at the top of the list.Special Features:
- Excellent Brunch BuffettJenniBDined on 5/11/2014The mothers day brunch was excellent. The service and the food couldn't have been better. The drink menu was impressive as well. Very hip.Special Features:
- dinerkim1204Dined on 5/9/2014we had a great dinner last night food drinks and dessert will be going back to have dinner on the patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edge AheadLocavoresVIPDined on 5/3/2014Outstanding Asian influenced dishes. Outstanding service at all levels. Comfortable seating and ambiance. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not in my top five, but nice placeMrEatseverywhereDined on 5/2/2014There was no wait on a Friday night which is fantastic. Very nice atmosphere, and amazing food. My only gripe would be that there was not enough. I tend to see small portions at these types of restaurants, which is very unfortunate because otherwise this place would be a five start restaurant in my book all day long. If you've been to "melt"and enjoyed yourself, chances are you'll enjoy this just as much and spend a little less. I had the chicken wrapper in lettuce as an appetizer, and loved it. For someone who enjoys spicy, it did come with a sauce that offered a small dose of heat. Great for a date. It's a perfect light meal for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSweetestViolet04Dined on 5/1/2014The service was wonderful, attentive and friendly waitstaff. Great pacing from drinks to appetizer to entree. Exquisitely prepared and displayed portions. You made my boyfriend's 30th birthday dinner truly memorable. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ducklynnieDined on 4/22/2014The menu was predictable-standard salad offerings-every restaurant offers these boring salads...I loved the roasted cauliflower with cinnamon and the duck entre was exceptional. I had the fried pork-the meat was delicious, but the sides weren't very interesting. The rice was just ok and filled with edamame, so the huge 1/2 plate of unpeeled edamame didn't work as a side-I didn't even bother with it. I would go back for the duck.Special Features:
- We loved this restaurant…neverOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2014We loved this restaurant…never have been out to dinner in Bethlehem and chose this one from an online description. We would go there again in a minute!Special Features:
- "Um, Um Good!"LeoLionDined on 4/5/2014Edge is without a doubt one of the BEST restaurants in the Lehigh Valley! The setting is immaculate; the service is nothing less than top notch; and the food is phenomenal!!Special Features:
- Awesome EdgemamazenDined on 3/29/2014We arrived and our table was not ready so we were escorted to a bar table for drinks. We were seated quickly and found a diverse menu. Too many items to choose from! We had yummy drinks and appetizers and then enjoyed the steak, pork and duck entrees. The cherry gastric was wonderful on the duck and the squash risotto went well with the pork. Our only complaint was of the undercooked brussel sprouts. The server was attentive, although our food took a little longer then expected. No worries bc the drinks were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014The general manager, chef and staff are an unbeatable crew. Hand down the best place to dine in the entire Lehigh Valley. I am a very picky New Yorker (and foodie.) Edge is the only restaurant that has been able to live up to my expectations outside of NYC. I strongly recommend Edge.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014Food was excellent and the service was prompt but not overbearing. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Always goodTuxmanDined on 3/14/2014Edge has many wonderful items on the menu but I enjoy their angus burger best. It is the best burger I have ever eaten. My wife and I love the atmosphere and they have an excellent wine list as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2014As always, Edge provided great food and great service and continues to remain on the short list of restaurants I frequent in the Lehigh Valley. The food is always consistently prepared and delicious. The cocktails are very good and the wine and beer list is notable, with some hard to find gems. The staff and service are impeccable. I certainly recommend Edge to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!ChrisVIPDined on 3/12/2014Ate here late on a weeknight so it wasn't too crowded which was nice. The wines by the glass are very good as is the calamari appetizer. Both the pork tenderloin and filet mignon entrees are a must! Our waitress left before we were finished so another waitress took care of our check. Edge is a must if you're on Northside.Special Features:
- Good for business dinnerLovefoodDined on 3/3/2014During the week this restaurant provides an excellent setting for conducting business. Food is outstanding, service us top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.