74 West Broad Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edgerestaurant.net/
- Phone: (610) 814-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, French, Asian
- Executive Chef: Timothy Widrick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Edge offers a private dinning room available for up to 60 guests for dinner. Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manja Fields 6108140100
A word from Edge
Located in the heart of downtown Bethlehem, Edge delivers a wonderful dining experience in a casual upscale atmosphere. Chef Timothy Widrick uses French and Asian influences in his classic to modern cuisine. Enjoy a fantastic wine selection designed to please every palate, or perhaps a perfectly crafted cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Edge reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)special occasion (20)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (9)good for groups (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Service was very good as wellBabeDined on 3/1/2014Service was very good as well as the food. Could use a larger bar or maybe a service bar somewhere else.Special Features:
- Glad I made the trip to BethlehemmdfoodieVIPDined on 2/28/2014I have to frequently travel to allentown for family business and don't usually venture to Bethlehem for dinner. My sister and I were very pleasantly surprised by meal at Edge. there were lots of food and drink options -- we opted for a bunch of small plates and appetizers and concluded that each was better than the next. Our only complaint was that we should have remembered to ask for salad dressing on the side or for the kitchen to apply it lightly. There was just a little too much. But the food was really delicious!Special Features:
- Fantastic SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2014The food is fantastic and it is a great place for almost any occasion. Service is always fantastic and the menu has something for everyone. The chef always adds a few additional specials which keep this place very unique. Great selection of wines and the bar service is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was excited to go to EdgeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I was excited to go to Edge since the menu looked appealing but once we got there it was a disappointment. Went on Valentines day with my husband and there was a lot of couples but you would have not known it was Valentines day. The rolls were hard and the oil on the table did not have flavor . I had the crab cakes which were over fried and the Remoulade was nothing but mayonnaise taste and the Napa slaw was warm and was not good to eat.
- Good food, good serviceLehighStudentDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine's day. Food was good, seafood was fresh (I would recommend the tuna tartar). Nice, romantic ambiance. Expect to pay, especially if you are drinking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as UsualchloeDined on 2/8/2014I have never had a less than fantastic experience at The Edge. The food and service are always top notch. I would highly recomend this restaruant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They validate your parkingJdemo78VIPDined on 2/7/2014I like the parking validation. It's such a small and nice thing. I have some dietary restrictions and they were very accommodating. Overall a very nice night out, it was a nice place to add some variety. They had some really nice flavor profiles.Special Features:
- Fitting end to Restaurant WeekRadnorsnanaDined on 2/1/2014We always book Edge for the last restaurant in Bethlehem's restaurant week. From the rustic dinner rolls to the delicious desserts (rustic apple tart and mille feuille with chocolate and peanut butter, it was as memorable as the last six restaurant weeks dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticCdg1234Dined on 1/31/2014Top notch dining experience. The food was prepared perfectly, service was very attentive and atmosphere was very relaxing and pleasant. This was the third time we have visited Edge and all our experiences have been very consistent. Would highly recommend as a place to dine in downtown Bethlehem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningOutoftownersDined on 1/17/2014Edge is a stylish, well-lit restaurant with nice views onto the streets of Bethlehem. Food was consistently good; service was friendly and accommodating, if a bit inelegant at times. E.g.: the wine we ordered after our cocktails only arrived after our entrees had been on the table for a few minutes. We loved the appetizer special -- mushroom toast -- as well as our entrees (New Zealand lamb chops, and and salmon). The Gingerly Gin cocktail was interesting and worth trying; the Spin on the Old, on the other hand tasted like a watered down, and too sweet, Old Fashioned. For the price, I think there are better restaurants in the Lehigh Valley, but it was a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- ConsistentPhilly24VIPDined on 1/15/2014Each time we dine at Edge, it is consistently good from the food to the servers. The appetizers are a good plasce to start especially the edamame and the panko encrusted boursin. The entrees are always more than enough, no simping on portions at Edge. Always a good choice when in the BEthlehem area.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentCJofTheLehighValleyDined on 1/3/2014Edge has by far become our favorite fine dining restaurant in Bethlehem. Everyone who works there contributes to making each person's experience feel special. They are all knowledgable about both the food and drinks menus, and the waitstaff is genuinely interested in providing you with the best dining experience. We would recommend Edge to both meat lovers and vegetarians for an all around excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinner-OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/31/2013We truly enjoyed our New Year's Eve dinner at the Edge. We are from out of town and had no idea what to expect. It was a great find. Our waitress was wonderful and we would be sure to go back on our next trip to Bethlehem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best dining in BethlehemMelissaThereseVIPDined on 12/27/2013In a downtown area dominated by theme restaurants and pubs, this is a terrific dining experience. We had a vegan in our party, and the eclectic menu had our entire group of six happy. Cauliflower and brussel sprout appetizers were great, and so was the gnocchi with duck confit. Our salmon entrees were amazing, and the vegan loved his asian vegetable bowl too. Wine is a tad overpriced but at prices starting at $30 not unbearable. Service was good but note that add 20 percent to parties of six or more. Interior was a bit dated in style but clean and comfortable.Special Features:
- I took my family there forMingosorusDined on 12/27/2013I took my family there for dinner. The service was very good and the server was friendly and helpful but not overbearing. Food was quite good. Compared to other similarly priced restaurants, we thought it was on the top list. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first date dinnerrobpsuDined on 12/20/2013This was a first date dinner and it was very good. The wait staff did a fine job but didn't make themselves a nuisance. They noticed we were having a good conversation. We ordered the mussels as an appetizer with duck and crab cakes for the entrée. Both were prepared perfectly and the portions were fine. Combined the dining experience with downtown Bethlehem at Christmas and it was an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatBrianDined on 12/13/2013This was our second time here and certainly did not disappoint. Great food and service. Bench seating could use some pillows as they get uncomfortable but otherwise it is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th Anniversary DinnerjohnfDined on 11/18/2013My wife, daughter and I visited Edge this past Monday evening to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. The experience was, as always, exceptional. The young lady taking care of our table was very professional and personable. All our questions regarding various plates were answered expertly and the meal preparation was perfect. When I casually mentioned our anniversary the dessert dishes were inscribed with "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate on the rims of the plates. Edge is one of our favorite dining places and we've celebrated more than one special occasion there. I highly recommend this restaurant for those looking for a truly fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Always GreatColleenGDined on 11/16/2013I am a regular of Edge and have always had a good experience there. The bar is lovely the service is wonderful and love the food. If I had to find any negatives I wish they would have more specials. The restaurant is elegant and just the right lighting. There always seems to be an upscale crowd attending. They never rush you or take to long. I will continue to enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2013We enjoyed dinner at the Edge last night and it was fantastic! We started off with martinis which were wonderful. Appetizers included the 1/2 dozen oyster - perfect, not gritty, fresh and the tuna tartar - so fresh and delicious! Entrees were the duck and the curry thai chicken... both excellent. We were so full we were unable to try dessert, but we will definitely be back to eat again! Thanks to our server Andrea for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2013Our experience at Edge was phenomenal-- from the attention the moment we walked in the door, through to the courteous, well-timed service, ending with a warm farewell at the door. The meal was superb: escargot and foie gras appetizers amazed; duck, lamb, and steak were prepared to our specification; and, the crispy pork belly small plate and fried brussel sprouts are not to be missed. We felt pampered, dazzled and restored. Edge is our new go-to place in the Lehigh Valley!Special Features:
- The Edge, Bethlehem, PARetiredTravelerDined on 10/22/2013My wife and I were staying in Bethlehem because the Glasbern Inn near Allentown was all booked. We were planning to have dinner with an old friend and his wife, so we let them guide our choice of restaurant. They recommended The Edge, even though they had never eaten there. We all enjoyed the food, and the atmosphere was just right.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!EdieDined on 10/19/2013We were visiting for parent weekend at lehigh and had a wonderful meal at Edge. Everything about the evening was outstanding starting with the cocktail. I would definitely return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have had better...FoodieDined on 10/5/2013Had been here before and thought the food was good, but disappointed this time. One bartender was friendly and helpful. Wait-staff were personable, but we felt way too rushed. The crab cakes were disappointing. I've had better at chain restaurants. Steak was good. One thing important to note is that the dining room chairs are very uncomfortable. It's impossible to relax and sit comfortably at your table. Ambience is trendy, but it can be a bit loud.
- Very enjoyableChrisVIPDined on 9/28/2013Dined at Edge on Saturday night and proved to be a great escape from the craziness of Northside. While most restaurants were overflowing, Edge's partially secluded location made for a wonderful dinner. The mussels and tuna appetizers were fresh and delicious, while the duck entree was spectacular. Spin on the Old is a great cocktail to try, as it takes some of the harshness out of the typical Old Fashioned. There was nothing wrong with the service, was just expecting a more engaged server match the excellent food.Special Features:
- EdgeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2013Everything was very good, the service was excellent. We had a bottle of wine and they kept it at the wait station, not sure how comfortable I would feel about that if we had an expensive bottle.Special Features:
- ExceptionalFoodieDined on 9/14/2013The food was amazing! We had a burger and it just melted in your mouth!!Special Features:
- Food mediocre, server EXCELLENTMikeDined on 8/19/2013As the title states....Carissa our server was excellent. But the food was just average. One thing was noteworthy and delicious, the dessert was excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently good service and foodEatoutrviewsVIPDined on 8/3/2013Whenever we visit Bethlehem we book Edge for Saturday night. Of any of the restaurants we like this the best. Has nice selection of small plates and appetizers, in addition to Interesting main courses. They accommodate changes to main course sides if desired. My Husband always get fish. Last weekend I had Duck breast which had a nice light sauce and interesting mushroom spaetzel. Service is good without bring intrusiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommendCupidVIPDined on 7/26/2013Our food was fantastic-service was good. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, OK ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/22/2013Have dined there many times - very good spot for a business dinner. While I have always been extremely impressed with the food, the service is inconsistent and at times feels almost a little arrogant. Our table raved about the crab cakes and I had the salmon which was absolutely outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommendedlillj1219Dined on 7/19/2013My boyfriend and I recently had dinner reservations at the Edge for a Friday night dinner. The service was excellent, the food arrived shortly after we ordered and tasted fantastic. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a finer dining experience for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceMarjeffDined on 7/12/2013We enjoyed ourselves fully. The mussel appetizer was delicious as were our entrees. We will return.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationSoCalPatriotVIPDined on 7/11/2013We went to Edge because we had such a wonderful experience when we celebrated our mother's 100th birthday there last July. Perhaps our expectations were so high from that time that we were a bit disappointed for her 101st birthday. The food is always very good, but the service was s-l-o-w, and we arrived at 5 p.m. on a Thursday night. Last year the server brought a dessert with Happy 100th Birthday drizzled on the serving plate. This year there was nothing, even though I did note on the Open Table reservation form that we would be celebrating a 101st birthday. We did not expect a big deal, but no recognition was made. Since negotiating with a walker is not very easy with the parking situation, we would probably not return with Mom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, but the chairs...TastyDined on 6/29/2013The meal was excellent, ordered from the Bethlehem Restaurant Week menu. However, the chairs are deceptive. They look nice enough with their wood and red cushions, but they are the most uncomfortable seat! There is absolutely no back support, and when you sit down you literally feel as if you sank 4 inches lower than expected. Not the best for a typically 1-1 1/2 hour dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Northside FindChrisVIPDined on 6/21/2013Dined on a Friday night and since it was so nice outside, the indoor dining room was relatively empty. We started with cocktails and the 'Spin on the Old' is a must try! If you like old fashioneds, this is a nice twist. We had the tuna tartar appetizer which was fresh and delicious and then I had the crab cakes, which were very good. The music was a little loud for the amount of diners in the restaurant, but after being there for awhile, we got used to it. The portions are very generous and the food was great from first bite to last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MenulinnielouDined on 6/8/2013This restaurant has a great menu and a variety of entrees to choose from - all sounded wonderful. We selected the salmon and it was outstanding. Presentation was impressive too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation lunchamygirlDined on 5/20/2013The Edge was an excellent choice for a graduation lunch in Bethlehem, PA. Although I have been to many good restaurants in Bethlehem, The Edge would fair quite well in NYC as well. Very quiet, nice menu, excellent service and everything from appetizers to dessert was delicious. Some noteable items were the hummus, calamari, for appetizers. The crab cakes and scallop potato square were so good, along with the apple tart for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mother's Day BrunchToxDocVIPDined on 5/12/2013We normally tend to pass on going out on mother's day (crowds, mediocre food), but when we heard Edge was having a brunch we had to check it out. The food and service was great. The food, ranging from eggs benedict to sirloin tips and salmon in creamy dill sauce were great. I hope Edge does brunch again because I will be 1st in line to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but slightly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2013Edge used to be my favorite restaurant. I did not frequent it often but saved it for special occasions and always looked forward to it. This will probably have been my last visit. The table was so close to the one next to it that the waitress had to take our order from behind my boyfriend's seat. We were literally sitting in a corner, like they ran out of room and had to cram us in. The two things I had asked about when making the reservation earlier that day were both now unavailable, which is understandable but I was still very let down as those were really the ONLY things I wanted, so everything else felt like settling. Bread was very late, food was alright but not memorable, and service was good but not above average.Special Features: