EDGE Restaurant & Bar
1111 14th St
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
EDGE Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edgerestaurantdenver.com/
- Phone: 3033893343x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am -2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday : 5:00pm - 10:00pm , Friday - Saturday : 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Simon Purvis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: There are three smartly designed, glassed-in private dining areas, one featuring a carving station with views into the visually-appealing chef’s kitchen.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Daniel 3033893146x
- Entertainment: There will be a DJ Thursday and Saturday nights in EDGE Bar playing from 8pm-midnight spinning the latest hits.
- Special Events: Like us on Facebook for the most up to date news and events! www.facebook.com/#/EDGErestaurant.Denver
- Cross Street: Arapahoe St.
- Public Transit: *Lawrence & 14th- Bus 15
*15th & Arapahoe- buses 10,12,28,32,38, 44 & 44L
*15th & Curtis- buses 2,9,15,15L & 20
*Market Street station at 16th street for buses to the surrounding cities & towns
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary Valet Parking
A word from EDGE Restaurant & Bar
Welcome to EDGE Restaurant & Bar, the striking, urban chic addition to Denver’s vibrant restaurant scene. EDGE offers all day dining experiences catering to the power breakfast and the social crowd with seasonal al fresco dining. At dinner, this modern American steakhouse offers primarily Colorado-ranched natural, grass and corn fed meats with an array of Rocky Mountain game to compliment a variety of progressive menu selections. For small events and intimate dining, EDGE Restaurant offers three smartly designed, glassed-in private dining areas, one featuring a carving station with views into the visually-appealing chef's kitchen. The adjacent, stylish and lively EDGE Bar offers an inspiring twist to the familiar and an innovative tapas-style menu. Throughout, the knowledgeable staff will graciously provide intuitive service in a warm, comfortContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
EDGE Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
EDGE Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)fit for foodies (65)notable wine list (62)romantic (54)vibrant bar scene (46)good for groups (33)hot spot (25)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (16)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Enjoyable for sure!VetMSU08Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent service, great cocktails, wonderful Wagyu steak with different wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jspsVIPDined on 7/26/2014We have eaten at Edge for dinner as well as brunch. Food is excellent and service is as well. We have never had a bad experience at Edge and keep going back. In addition, we have participated in the Living Social specials which are a good value.Special Features:
- Good lunch!DEEMVIPDined on 7/24/2014Burgers and shakes for lunch was good. Loved it, especially with the LivingSocial deal. We were still treated well and the fact that tax was already paid for was great. Thanks!Special Features:
- OnehitwonderLoboHornDined on 7/20/2014Drove from Evergreen to tryout for future use as a special place to bring out of towers. We were greeted warmly, and received great service throughout the evening. However, the filets were average, at best. There was no sear on the outside and nothing distinguished it from a less pricy establishment. The scallops were cooked nicely and very tasty, but the potato side was stale. Overall, I was disappointed with the screaming kids in the Dining Room, and the quality of food for the price.Special Features:
- good food but expensivesteakloverDined on 7/17/2014I had a steak salad for lunch. It was about 6 ounces of sirloin, quite good. The salad was a mini wedge salad. The steak came medium rare when I had ordered it rare. For $21 this was pricey. There was no bread. I left hungry.
- Terrible ServiceThayerrocksDined on 7/12/2014Had probably one of the worst service experiences at Edge Saturday night. Had a big event with a group of friends and we were looking forward to all celebrating and engagement, moving, and new jobs. Was seated by the hostess and sat for over 10 minutes workout being greeted. We flagged down the water guy and it too another 5 minutes to even get someone to our table. This place is very $$$ so one would not expect such terrible service. We will not return.Special Features:
- Wonderful for a date nightHoplessRomantic12Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I were wanting a romantic date night and we tried the EDGE restaurant. And we were blown away at how amazing it was and how wonderful the staff was as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LisaAVIPDined on 7/12/2014What a fabulous meal we had celebrating our wedding anniversary! The filet and scallops were cooked perfectly. Get the Brussels Sprouts, people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndrewDined on 7/11/2014Good energy, knowledgeable and energetic waiter, which showed in his description of food and wine. Food selected was excellent especially rub and sauce though bison ribeye was very fibrous (unlike other restaurants with same selection). Would have liked to have tried the featured meat but found that to be overpriced.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner for HusbandMySantaFeEscapeDined on 7/7/2014My husband loves good food so for his birthday, I splurged to take him to the EDGE. Everything was wonderful, including the dessert that was brought out, complements of the restaurant. My husband definitely enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Great date nightLaceyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Service and food were well worth the cost. We will go again.Special Features:
- Fabulous!CalestraDined on 6/30/2014Visiting Denver from Ohio and thought we would check this place out for dinner. It was amazing! The food and the service were top notch. I would highly recommend the sticky toffee pudding for dessert. It may possibly be the best thing I ever ate!Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014We dined at The Edge Restaurant following my daughters commencement ceremony and it was absolutely the best. Great service, wine and dinner was outstanding. We were all too full for dessert but we're surprised by the waiter bringing over a molded solid chocolate cow on a stick. It was perfect. A little sweet to round out the evening. I would highly recommend The Edge Restaurant for any occasion. I've not only used the private Chefs dining area before (which is a wonderful experience) but have also booked the other private dining rooms for group. Never disappointed.... always outstanding service and food!Special Features:
- Very Nice EveningPaulDined on 6/27/2014In town staying at the hotel (4seasons). the edge is a very nice place to have a special evening. I had made the request for a special table and it was noted and we were shown to a good location. Menu as certainly 4 star....Advertised buffalo was not available. My date had the duck breast and while nice was somewhat chewy. My halibut special was good. Bone in ribeye of 4th member seemed to be the catch of the night. Good wine list. Staff was top shelf. Never overbearing.....but always available ; not always an easy balance. Good job Will definitely return when I am in town next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 year anniversarypokeweedDined on 6/27/2014I took my wife here for 10 year anniversary. Very nice atmosphere. Treated like royalty. Food very good, particularly the meat.Special Features:
- Fine food.....fast times it isn'tDaBlindSquirrelDined on 5/29/2014Food was good to very good. Prices seemed high to me, but maybe that's how it is in downtown Denver. Service was slow, even though the restaurant was not busy. Perhaps it was the discount Travel coupon I was using that attributed to the slow service...though one would think that when a restaurant offers discounts its because it wants to attract new clientele in hopes of impressing them enough for a return visit at standard prices. But that's just my thoughts... Chive On!Special Features:
- Great food, but very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014The food was great, however very expensive. A martini is $16! Great atmosphere, but not somewhere to go for happy hour. This would be a great Anniversary or special occasion spot.Special Features:
- RusDVIPDined on 5/27/2014Outstanding dining experience every time I have been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMileHighDined on 5/26/2014I enjoyed this ambient restaurant my girlfriend and I wanted to grab something to eat after walking the park! It was clean and good was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!paminacatVIPDined on 5/26/2014My friend and I enjoyed a leisurely lunch on the outdoor patio on Memorial Day, a quiet day at the restaurant and downtown. We asked to share a glass of wine and two sandwiches, and our server and the kitchen graciously accommodated us by spliting everything. The smoked turkey and tuna on our sandwiches were delicious, the bread perfectly toasted, our side salads simple but super-fresh. I've dined at EDGE several times, and have always enjoyed my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dJDJVIPDined on 5/25/2014Great twists on classics. friendly staff especially oddet convenient to theatreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accomodating to KidscindDined on 5/25/2014My daughter is 13 years old and she is very particular with food. Even though the menu has many extraordinary items to eat, my daughter wanted something else. Our waiter was very pleasant and accommodating and was able to suggest some other items not on the dinner menu. My daughter chose the fettuccini alfredo with chicken and absolutely loved it. We all enjoyed our dinners and it was a wonderful experience for my husband's birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always really good!AwesomeVIPDined on 5/24/2014We come here every few months & really enjoy our meal. Service is good & the ambiance is great. It's nice to have places like this where people still get dressed up. There are so few left. The oysters, salads, esp the watermelon salad was great! Filets are always cooked perfect. Bone in filet wonderful & fish was good too! Desserts are small especially the tiny portion of berries we got. Sticky toffee bread pudding is great but small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jspsjspsVIPDined on 5/24/2014Outstanding meal on a Saturday night. My husband said his steak was one of the best he ever had. Food is first rate. Service was attentive and accommodating.Special Features:
- good, but poorly prepared fishOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/24/2014The appetizers were good-cold crab and shrimp as well as the lump crab cake. Bone in buffalo rib-eye was also prepared well.The tuna steak appeared to have been cut in half horizontally (1/2 the thickness it should have been) and was overcooked with little flavor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LexluDined on 5/23/2014Overall experience was enjoyable. Asked for a quiet table on open table but did not get said request. Why have a special request section if restaurant does not acknowledge requestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite in Denver, no questionBMAFVIPDined on 5/21/2014Tony is absolutely the bat server in Denver, hands down. The food is exquisite and perfection, along with EVERYTHING about the bar, restaurant, whole experience.Special Features:
- Dining & service at its bestMarylandVisitorDined on 5/19/2014We selected the Edge because of its unique yet varied menu selections for dinner as well as dessert. Although the ambiance in the dining room was less than stunning, the food quality, presentation and service were superb. A slight delay in serving the entrees that we had not really noticed prompted the kitchen providing us with a complementary platter of jumbo shrimp and and crablegs. The lamb chops were grilled to perfection and the petite filet mignon was excellent and accompanied by tasty sides of mushrooms and grilled vegetables. Despite near gastronomic max-out, we sacrificed to enable reporting to you that both the lemon creme brulee and the strawberry rhubarb tart were well worth leaving room for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business dinnerHarpsVIPDined on 5/19/2014I was disappointed in my filet which was very medium when I ordered medium rare. The sides were great. It was not a busy night so I was surprised when in speaking with my associate the next day she mention that in review of the bill she was over charged for to drinks we did not have and missed it when the bill came. We had not been at the bar and only had wine with our meal.Special Features:
- RomanticjudygolfDined on 5/19/2014For the second year we celebrated our anniversary at this restaurant and were treated to a very special evening. They read my note on our reservation and greater us with wishes on our arrival, then when the staff came to our table they wished us a Happy Anniversary. Then we were also give a special desert at the end of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedLakewoodcoupleDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I had our first dinner at Edge Saturday evening. Everything, including the service, was amazing. We recommend the Shrimp and Snow Crab appetizer. Her lamb chops were terrific and larger than expected. Best cocktail sauce ever. Desserts were great and so was the wine. Now we're looking for excuses to have a company/client dinner here.Special Features:
- New Yorker's take on it:NYinDenverVIPDined on 5/17/2014We eat out a lot like New Yorkers, so here's out take. Been here at least 5-6 times Food - It will cost you but I give it to them. The food is done so well. Had most of the menu now. Steaks and fish have always been cooked perfectly and are high quality cuts. Wedge salad is a fav app. Prawn and froie apps nicely done. Parm fries and bubble/squeak are favs. P/B chocolate bar and Yogurt nougat are favs Service - somewhat younger inexperienced, not so passionate wait staff, but they get the job done. Atmosphere - Bar fun/vibrant on weekends. Dining area feels like business dinner. Dining area seating is still dreadfully too low, "lounge-y" and tables dreadfully too high. Dining area becoming more popular/busy Overall - The food. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- EsteDined on 5/17/2014Loved our whole dining experience. Great steaks, wine and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experienceStnhvn5679Dined on 5/15/2014Service, food and experience was over the top. Highly recommend for any occasion. Ordered items were prepared to perfection and some of the very best we've ever had. Service was so attentive and personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodieDined on 5/15/2014Excellent food, excellent Service!! Great. For special occasions as the menu is a bit pricy, but worth every dime!! I love wine choices and the fact that they don't nickel and dime you to death with the question: do you want a 5 or 8 ounce glass....I absolutely abhor that idea!! THANKS TO A CLASSY RESTAURANTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceTheCsDined on 5/13/2014Our favorite part about coming to this restaurant is the great service, and our most recent trip was no exception. The food was delicious - we really liked the peppercorn sauce for our filet mignon. Lovely wine list - the La Roche Rosé is among our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet expectationsfoodfiendDined on 5/11/2014Last year my family and I had a wonderful Mother's Day brunch at the Edge. This year the food was marginal and they eliminated the dessert buffet which was a huge hit with the kids last year. One of my children only ate a bowl of cereal and hot chocolate and that was 14$!! For the price, I expect excellent service and food, neither of which we had. The mimosas and coffee were the only saving grace for breakfast.
- rock bandcharlesDined on 5/10/2014they had a rock band playing outside the front doors...soooo loud it was not the romantic evening we planed for our anniversity..
- jspsVIPDined on 5/10/2014We have had brunch a few times and the food is always great. The surroundings are elegant and sophisticated. We certainly will return again.Special Features:
- Wonderfully preparred foodahildDined on 5/9/2014Great find on travelzoo. Very nice atmosphere, great flavors and close to the theater!Special Features: