EDGE Restaurant & Bar
1111 14th St
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
EDGE Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edgerestaurantdenver.com/
- Phone: (303) 389-3343
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am -2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday : 5:00pm - 10:00pm , Friday - Saturday : 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Simon Purvis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: There are three smartly designed, glassed-in private dining areas, one featuring a carving station with views into the visually-appealing chef’s kitchen.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Daniel 3033893146x
- Entertainment: There will be a DJ Thursday and Saturday nights in EDGE Bar playing from 8pm-midnight spinning the latest hits.
- Special Events: Like us on Facebook for the most up to date news and events! www.facebook.com/#/EDGErestaurant.Denver
- Cross Street: Arapahoe St.
- Public Transit: *Lawrence & 14th- Bus 15
*15th & Arapahoe- buses 10,12,28,32,38, 44 & 44L
*15th & Curtis- buses 2,9,15,15L & 20
*Market Street station at 16th street for buses to the surrounding cities & towns
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary Valet Parking
A word from EDGE Restaurant & Bar
Welcome to EDGE Restaurant & Bar, the striking, urban chic addition to Denver’s vibrant restaurant scene. EDGE offers all day dining experiences catering to the power breakfast and the social crowd with seasonal al fresco dining. At dinner, this modern American steakhouse offers primarily Colorado-ranched natural, grass and corn fed meats with an array of Rocky Mountain game to compliment a variety of progressive menu selections. For small events and intimate dining, EDGE Restaurant offers three smartly designed, glassed-in private dining areas, one featuring a carving station with views into the visually-appealing chef's kitchen. The adjacent, stylish and lively EDGE Bar offers an inspiring twist to the familiar and an innovative tapas-style menu. Throughout, the knowledgeable staff will graciously provide intuitive service in a warm, comfortContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
EDGE Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
EDGE Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)fit for foodies (73)romantic (51)notable wine list (49)vibrant bar scene (43)good for groups (38)hot spot (30)great for brunch (20)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful servicedinnertimeVIPDined on 11/18/2014The service was impeccable, the atmosphere just perfect (tables weren't crowded together), and the food- well, let's just say, I'll be back soon, very soon! YUM! For once, our group of 8 girls, actually moved our plates/chairs closer together because the table was large. This is such a nice change from places that crowd groups of 7 or 8 in a small space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014our waiter was excellent, however it took an hour and a half to receive our entrees.Special Features:
- Unbelievable steak!MikeDined on 11/11/2014Went to several restaurants on a recent trip to Denver and Edge had the best steak in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy elegancediningdaveDined on 11/7/2014Edge is in the Four Seasons Hotel in downtown Denver. Valet parking is included with the meal. On weekends the adjacent bar is loud and lively, so table location is key if you want it more intimate. Our party of five was seated by the windows looking out on 14th Street. Our waiter Steve was outstanding, making several suggestions and picking up on individual preferences. Each of us had the petite filet (on Steve's recommendation) and we shared four sides. The pace of the meal was perfect, capped off by excellent desserts, coffee, and a unique "parting gift". One more caution: time your dinner to avoid the before/after theater rush as Edge is only two blocks from the Denver Performing Arts Complex. An expensive meal, but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional job!FredDined on 11/6/2014Food and service was excellent. Plus, the atmosphere was very nice. Overall an A+Special Features:
- Delighted with TobyFood4thoughtDined on 11/3/2014We chose The Edge for dinner for a party of 6. Toby was our waiter he was incredibly knowledgable and very welcoming. He really helped us decipher the menu! The food was lovely I was a little underwhelmed by the "Brie brioche" that came with the tomato soup. But overall everything was spot on! Definitely recommend the mussels to anyone going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Visit - MixedmntfunVIPDined on 11/2/2014I was looking forward to The Edge due to it's proximity to the DPAC and that it's in a Four Seasons Hotel. Upon seating the first thing we noticed was how loud it was. Although not crowded, the acoustics were horrible. We waited 25 minutes for our drinks before we called over the manager. We explained how long we had waited for our drinks. He was great! I have to say he took care of us the rest of the meal. He personally made our drinks and hand delivered them to us and later on brought us a 2nd round. He regularly checked on us and repeatedly apologized for our unfortunate experience. He also took care of most of the bill. The food was very good after all that. We will return again and give it another chance.Special Features:
- Terrific venue for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We dined at Edge to celebrate our 2 year anniversary (and then spent the night upstairs at the Four Seasons). The service was impeccable (highly recommend their waiter Toby) and the food was all cooked to perfection. Really a great spot with a very creative spin on your typical steakhouse menu. We had a great time and would do it again in a heartbeatSpecial Features:
- OutstandingDPACjunkiesDined on 11/1/2014Our experience was outstanding. Food and service was what we expected from a high-end restaurant. We especially appreciated the lively bar scene being separate from the dining room. While folks were having a great time at the bar, we could enjoy dinner and have a nice quiet conversation. We'll be back.Special Features:
- great food, great servicebassmansrcDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I went to the edge for our anniversary and were thoroughly impressed. We don't normally eat at the higher-end places for fear that we are going to feel out of place. That definitely was not the case at the edge. The entire staff from the hostess, The waiter, and the bus crew were knowledgeable, friendly and warm. The food of course was spectacular. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/31/2014We ate here before going to see dracula at the ballet and had a wonderful experience. Our server was excellent, suggesting several of the unique items from their menu. He even provided us a taste of an excellent wine with one of the appetisers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceenzmamaDined on 10/25/2014I can't tell you how impressed I was with our waiter when we had dinner at the edge. He was very knowledgeable about the menu, and helped make my food allergies more tolerable, while getting an excellent dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT AS ALWAYS!RuprechtDined on 10/24/2014We always eat at Edge before venturing across the street to the Performing Arts complex for a show. Edge is consistently tops in food and service.Special Features:
- Edge not badOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The food and ambiance were good, not great, especially for the price.Special Features:
- EsteDined on 10/18/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere. The waiter suggested a great red wine to go with our meal. We will definetly be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2014Me and my wife loved Edge it is going to be our new romantic get away. We had a very good time and the food was excellent!! We asked the waiter to let us have a drink and relax and he was great he did not rush us so we really got relaxed and enjoyed the restaurant and the night! Very good experience! So would recommend to a friend.Special Features:
- Eggs Benedict DELICIOUSBarbDined on 10/12/2014The short rib eggs benedict with chipolte hollandaise is outstanding!Special Features:
- Rare: great hotel restaurantDenverDined on 10/11/2014My expectations were fairly low, with a hotel restaurant. However, the food was perfectly prepared, the service attentive but not cloying, and the staff were very knowledgeable about the menu. Besides, we also got Valet Parking (which allows for you to eat, attend the symphony and even come for a nightcap before going home) which was validated by our visit to Edge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitDianeVIPDined on 10/11/2014We made a reservation at Edge because it was close to the Denver Buell theater. We were pleasantly surprised! Service and food were amazing! We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great new menugardenloverVIPDined on 10/10/2014Food and service is amazing!!! Homemade ice cream and sorbets are to die for!!!Special Features:
- It doesn't get any better than thisgr8xpectationsDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I chose Edge for our anniversary dinner, and our experience was PERFECT. We were there on a weeknight, so it may have been slightly quieter than a peak time, but everything was great. We ordered the Tomahawk, a bone-in ribeye for two (a special that night) and it was excellent. Grilled to perfection, I used very little of the specialty sauces we chose because the steak itself was so good. Our waiter, Toby, was world-class -- expert knowledge of the menu, perfect service, perfect level of attention, he seemed enthusiastic to provide us with a terrific dining experience, and he was definitely on his game. For dessert, the Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding is unbeatable. Our first visit, but we will most definitely be back!Special Features:
- Service OurstandingEdwardDined on 10/3/2014From the delicious cherry cocktail in lounge to the last dessert tart, the entire experience was unparalleled. Cannot say enough about the "Kansas" carnivorous offering, first rate and exactly as ordered. We'll be back with friends next time to watch the service Team outdo itself. Amazing, and thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food4thotDined on 9/30/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday. The service was excellent, but the veal chop he ordered came medium vs. med. rare. The Hamachi sushi he was brought in the interlude for the new veal chop arrived (perfect this time) was a nice touch. My market steak was properly med. rare but had a lot of gristle and not much flavor--disappointing. The fries had been sitting so were fairly soggy by the time they arrived with my steak. For the prices charged, we will not be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014The filet is the best steak we have ever had. The scallops were also good but too much salt. Dessert menu has something to be desired. Service was great and free glass of champagne when celebrating a birthday. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014I met a friend for breakfast. A little pricey but, well worth it!Special Features:
- Beautiful FoodrevannessVIPDined on 9/21/2014This is a gem in any city but Denver is lucky to have this. Fine dining. Too bad we live in New Jersey. We will visit again.Special Features:
- Great for business dinners toojoepDined on 9/20/2014Took coworker here and he thought it was the best he's had in DenverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!HappyFoodieDined on 9/20/2014Flavor profiles are spot on. Details are not left to chance. A very enjoyable overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestDenverdinersVIPDined on 9/19/2014Sadly I was disappointed with my dining experience. We are foodies and enjoy a great meal in a beautiful environment. We went here for dinner before the symphony-location was convenient to the theatre which was a plus but this was likely the only positive of our meal. Our waiter was rude and inattentive, tho he did get our meal out swiftly, so he gets point for speed. The atmosphere was elegant but with an air of stuffy and the background noise was a bit loud which made conversation difficult. The food was average especially considering the price tag. My $55 Dover sole was over-cooked and subpar tho my husbands filet was tasty but average. Sadly, our dining experience did not live up to our expectations.
- food was oknickDined on 9/16/2014food was ok, but not inspired. was convenient location for a quick breakfast downtown.
- Great food and servicemycritiqueDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I have season tickets to the matinees at the Buell Theater on Sunday and frequently arrive early so we can lunch at the Edge. The service is always impeccable and the restaurant is very willing to accommodate my gluten free requirements. The bottomless mimosas are amazing. They come with this frozen orange ball and are very delicious. Perfect for a pre-theater lunch.Special Features:
- absolutely amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I was a little concerned about booking a reservation for a special occation when no one in our party had been to The Edge. A couple of the reviews were a little negative but, based on our experience... They were way off! We made a reservation for 7:00 on a Saturday night. Wen we arrived we were seated immediately. The atmosphere was very contemporary an comfortable. Service was impeccable and food was out of this world! The men in our group were all from the cattle industry and said it was the best steak they have had. Wine list was top notch and the waiter new it well. Love this place and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $200 meal....No free Valet Service?KJMLMVIPDined on 9/13/2014First of all our food and service at Edge was truly exceptional - as it always has been. We had our valet ticket stamped after our dinner. When we went to the get our car at the valet, we were rudely informed by the over-whelmed Valet that we owed $10 for parking. When have never paid for parking before after dining at your hotel. Rather than argue with the Valet (valet staff was also severely understaffed) I paid the $10, gave our customary $5-$10 tip and we left. Needless to say this was an embarrassment especially for regular/loyal customers.
- Get the SteakAndreaDined on 9/13/2014As I told our excellent server, we had to decline dessert for two reasons: It is rare that we bother going out for steak; it is rarer still that the steak is so good that I have to eat all of it. Seriously wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014met my expectations for such a hotel as the 4 seasons - excellent in all aspects, but low key and very comfortable - quiet eleganceSpecial Features:
- Simply IncredibleTLCCastleRockDined on 9/6/2014Wish they still had baked brie as an appetizer, but that's the only thing I could say even remotely negative. From first seating to departure the food, staff, and ambiance were perfect for our anniversary dinner. Sometimes it can be scary to go back to a place you really loved, but Edge lived up to our expectations and maintained the pure excellence we remembered. We will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food took 50 minutes to arriveDinner241Dined on 8/31/2014Horrible service. Waiter was so indifferent, I can swear he hates his job. Food took 50 minutes to get to our table after we order it. dessert took 20 minutes, ohh and restaurant was nearly empty! Food was OK.
- UnfullfilledRFoody24Dined on 8/31/2014Unsatisfied Overpiced for bad food. One dessert included canned peaches we had bad service (possibly just the one we got)
- Outstanding Food and Service!judgmentalDined on 8/30/2014We had dinner here to celebrate my mom's birthday. I had not notified the restaurant that this was a special occasion, but our waiter or the hostess must have heard me mention it. Our waiter (who was fantastic) discreetly confirmed the fact with me, and mom was presented with a special dessert at the end of the meal. Service throughout dinner was simply outstanding. The food was uniformly excellent. While this place is unsurprisingly pricey, there were several items on the menu and wine list that were relatively inexpensive. If you are on an expense account or out for a special occasion, Edge should be at the top of the list. But given the breadth of menu and wine choices, I will also be back just for a nice night on the town.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2014This was our third dinner at The Edge. The same quality attention to food and service each time.Special Features: