Hotel Eden Rock
Baie de Saint Jean, Saint Barthélemy
St. Jean Bay, 97133Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edenrockhotel.com/
- Phone: 5905902979x99
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 5:30pm; Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 5:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 7:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary European, Asian
- Executive Chef: JEAN GEORGES VONGERICHTEN
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Eden Rock St Barths proposes you to contact us for any request at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate in truly impressive style with a lovely setting of Eden Rock St Barths, Your Reception will be organised perfectly with personalised service at every stage and incorporating the style and space you require. Your event will be unique and your guests will remember it for all of their lives. We offer flexible and innovative ideas, including special decor, lightening, music, dance, concert, fireworks. . . At Eden Rock St Barths anything is possible . . . You simply cannot do better.
- Private Party Contact: LUC LANZA 5906906447x50
- Entertainment: Eden Rock - St Barths Executive chef, world famous Jean-Georges Vongerichten drives exiting globally inspired menus throughout the St Barths year celebrating "the best of" his personal favourite dishes.Island-chic with a relaxed atmosphere, On the Rocks with Jean-Georges is spectacularly set with views over the coral reefs and beyond.International wine list featuring organic vintages and specially selected wines from Alsace, Jean-Georges Native region.Exquisite cocktails at sunset and an aperitif snack menu available from 5pm.
A word from Eden Rock
Eden Rocks’ restaurants are a must for anyone visiting St Barths. The legendary hotel is the beyond perfect place to soak up the sun or to enjoy world class dining at ‘The Sand Bar’ and ‘On the Rocks’ restaurants both managed by the world famous Master Chef, Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Luc Lanza and Renaud Liou manage these exceptional St Barths restaurant, now connected with Open Table. An on property garden grows organic herbs and tomatoes. Everything that can be homemade is created fresh and delicious each and every morning. **PLEASE NOTE: if lunch reservation is being made, seating will be in Sand Bar and if a dinner reservation is being made, seating will be in On the Rocks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Eden Rock - Best Restaurants in St. Bart's ›
Eden Rock reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (3)scenic view (3)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- The other Top in Saint BarthKajollDined on 8/16/2014With Bonito, the best restaurants in Saint Barth by far. Good location, you are dinning over a rift; Great views, Great decoration, great service, great food...who could ask for anythingmore!!Special Features:
- The following 34 reviews are from the Eden Rock reviews archive.
- Dinner with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2014We came early to the restaurant because we wanted to enjoy the sunset and were rewarded with the best table in the house. The food was excellent, we had lobster beignets as an appetizer and the foie gras. Amazing. We each had a fish cooked simply (as opposed to the Chef's style for the evening) snapper and Mahi-Mahi and the snapper was better but bit very good. At dark the large spotlights shine on the water and you can see the huge fish dining below along the rocks. Nice experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/5/2014Truly a special experience. The appetizer for two is exceptional - as was everything that evening. The biggest surprise was the prices on the wine list were not as high as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly overrated....OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/22/2014We were all looking forward to a delightful evening at Eden Rock last week but were sadly disappointed in our evening. While the menu was creative and intriguing, the food was fair, at best. Our service - while fairly attentive - was horrible. Our waitress had to return to the table three times to reconfirm our selections AND she selected the wrong bottle of wine. We ordered a French white and she opened a French red; it was impossible to tell in the low lighting that she had selected the wrong one for us. We smiled our way through dinner and enjoyed our evening but the combination of less than stellar food, fair service, a giant wine faux pas, and a GIGANTIC bill confirmed our decision that there is never a need to return here for a meal!Special Features:
- Horrible service...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/3/2014The food was very good but the service was rude and inattentive. There are other places on st. Barths which offer similar ambiance and excellent food...would not waste an evening here.
- Casual CòolHenrik1964Dined on 4/18/2014We felt very welcome. Food light, spot on for lunch at the beach. Very tasty sashimi, lobster salad with champagne sauce, and tuna tataki highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot - Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/15/2014A stunning location in St. Jean, looking out over the water which was lit up at night. The food was good, but frankly not on par with other Jean-Georges Vongerichten restaurants I've dined at. The real issue was the quality of service was pretty poor. Our reserved table was given away with no apology and instead was blamed on the staff not understanding how to use the computer, concluded by an incorrect bill where I was overcharged, and then given a completely wrong bill, before they were able to resolve it. All of this without a single word of apology. If the restaurant were half the price, it might be worth it - otherwise, be prepared for a great view, ok food, and lousy service.Special Features:
- En forte baissePhchVIPDined on 4/11/2014C était ma meilleure table de St Barth ,et elle a complètement baissée. Nourriture devenue médiocre ,.....n ayant pus rien a voir avec Jean Georges !!! Quelle déception !
- We were disappointed by theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014We were disappointed by the food, the lobster was good but the salad lettuce old and green. The dish with the fried corn lobster balls was nothing special and the sauce to spicy to taste the lobster..
- ParadiseParadiseDined on 3/30/2014St Bart's has many great places to eat and we tried them all! This was one of the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St Barth TreasureSadwilchaDined on 3/12/2014The prices in St Barths are high. Once you drop that as a reason for choosing a restaurant then choose for the ambiance and Eden Rock is one of the most perfect places in that respect. We have kids with us and there's not a kid menu but they helped to get a pasta dish easily, so it wasn't a bad kid experience but I felt like it would have been kinder to the other people to have not had them along. It's a romantic and delightful place. I had a coconut soup and a filet that were truly delicious. My filet was served with a dicey looking green on the side that I just passed on. If they could get the food presentation up to the same level as the decor it would be perfect, but all in all, lovely.Special Features:
- Eden Was a slice of Heaven!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014The lobster salad was AMAZING! The main reason to goto Eden Rock is for the amazing VIEW! It has a spectacular view of the ocean, beach and coral reef below. We dined early in the evening and enjoyed a nice pink and orange sunset and watched the lady planes coming and going from the single strip airport in St. Jean. How was the food? The lobster salad was amazing! It also cost $38Euros! I had the special for the main course. It's was fair to average, at best. The service was ok, at best. Not bad, but it had the feeling like: "we'll probably never see you again, so whatever". The real magic and fun of Eden Rock is the natural beauty around it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightKathrynDined on 3/8/2014Great for a special night while in St. Barts. Loved everything we ordered. Pricey but was worth it.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/8/2014Great restaurant in paradise. Perhaps my favorite on the island. Staff are lovely, friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectionLebocarmanVIPDined on 2/25/2014Great View, Great Food and Drink. Don't miss this spot when in St. Barth's.Special Features:
- Wonderful as Always!MissVVDined on 2/14/2014Had Valentines dinner the service was great The food is always amazing The view is beautiful with the ocean right beneath youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014This is our second time in St Barths. I'm sorry we didn 't discover Eden Rock during our last holiday. Fortunately we have a couple of weeks of our vacation remaining and we will be returning to Eddn Rock. In my view they have everything right. The atmosphere is wonderful. The service is attentive and friendly without being over familiar. But most importantly the food is awesome. The flavour combinations are considered and effective. This place is essential dining if you visit St Barths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningDRAANYDined on 1/10/2014Amazing lobster bisque with caviar topped with black truffle burger and amazing cocktails. Dinner and service was superb. Love it. Highly recommend and will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- OverbookedStBarthFanDined on 1/1/2014I showed up at 850p for my 9pm reservation that I made 2 weeks prior, and they told me they were very busy and overbooked. I could either take a makeshift table they set up in a small walled off area or wait "at least an hour". Aside from the food, the main draw to Eden Rock is the beautiful atmosphere and view, so I did not find it acceptable to pay top dollar for a meal sitting at a makeshift table in a walkway looking at bare walls. We waited for about 25 minutes, and observed that the few 2 tops available hadn't even ordered yet, and there were still couples ahead of us, so we decided to dine elsewhere. I am very disappointed because this is usually a fabulous restaurant and we saved it for our last night on the island.
- Nice treatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013Expensive but good food. Music was loud so not so romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were goodSerenaVIPDined on 12/6/2013Food and service were good including dessert and drinks but the atmosphere was a little pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the view far exceeds the foodlansDined on 11/28/2013The view is, of course, tremendous. We had been warned that the food here was not what it once was. We have to agree. There was nothing exceptional about any of the selections we had, except for the soup.Special Features:
- Beautiful but PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2013When we arrived, which was early for our reservation they sat us in a secluded section with the ocean right next to us. Great spot! We got a couple drinks and I ordered the fish sandwich and my boyfriend ordered the cob salad. We got some of the less expensive items but each item was 25 euro plus! My fish sandwich was average and the cobb salad was very nontraditional but was still lacking. The service was great, our waitress was very attentive and polite. We definitely had some sticker shock after looking at the bill. I guess this is why this is a celebrity destination; very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!FoodieVIPDined on 11/13/2013My Husband and I dined at Eden Rock twice in one week! We would have dined there more but we wanted to try many other restaurants that had been recommended to us. This restaurant is by far the best!! It has it all, great food, amazing views and the service was fantastic. We will be back there again in February and intend on dining there as much as we can. Try their signature burger with Brie Cheese and truffle fries! They are out of this world!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eden RockwwdcDined on 7/5/2013Everything was just outstanding - from the food to the service to the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoneymoonZimmerDined on 7/2/2013On our honeymoon we went to several great restaurants and Eden Rock is one we will not go back to. The service and food below expectation and not worth the bill. The atmosphere was awesome so if you are going for the view do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply BeautifulMemoryMakerDined on 6/18/2013The view from beachside restaurant is serene. Spectacular food just overlooking an upscale yet relaxed beach on a cozy ocean bay. The tuna tartare was phenomenal and the homemade pizza was perfectly delicious. This is the perfect spot for laid back conversation as you enjoy another beautiful afternoon in St. Barths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had an amazing lunch in aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2013Had an amazing lunch in a beautiful place, a great ending to a wonderful trip to St. Bart's. The restaurant is right on the water so the view of the bay was great. It was fun to watch the planes land and take off from the airport. The food was excellent. My wife had a pizza and I had the pasta with lobster special. The staff was very helpful and accomodating. Overall, a wonderful place.Special Features:
- We dine at the Eden Rock everyKWHSVIPDined on 2/22/2013We dine at the Eden Rock every year, and every year seems there is confusion when we arrive so be patent. Our 9pm reservation had us seated at 930pm a bit late for us but in the end a lovely meal and a location that you should not miss.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceJag66VIPDined on 2/14/2013We went to Eden Rock for a special Valentines Day dinner, unfortunately we had the worst waitress we have ever encountered! She was extremely rude, came to our table with an attitude from start to finish. If it were not for the atmosphere and the food she would have completely ruined our experience .Special Features:
- The view from On the RocksOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/8/2013The view from On the Rocks is absolutely amazing and why we go there for dinner every time we are in St. Barth. We went on a Friday and they did hurry us along. The menu is uninspired. The food is fine. We DID have a foie gras dish that was wonderful. The waitstaff is attentive and efficient. We truly miss the creative talents of Jean Claude duFour at this gorgeous location.Special Features:
- We loved our dinner at theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2013We loved our dinner at the On the Rocks with Jean-Georges restaurant and could not find fault with anything at all. The attention to detail, the great service by Luc and Renaud, the superb views and the flexibility of the maitre d' made this a night to remember. We will definitely return when back in St Barths...Special Features:
- Can't beat the location andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/20/2013Can't beat the location and view from this restaurant. Sits right on a large rock outcropping on the beach of St. Jean. All the food was prepared well. We found the menu to be a bit limited so would like to see a few more choices each night. Don't miss the souffle for dessert. Best souffle we have ever had. Well worth a dinner for your trip to St. Barth.Special Features:
- best brunch in St. Barths!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/30/2012best brunch in St. Barths! Beautiful location right on the water, great menu, attentive service (for Island norm), and fun beautiful crowd.Special Features:
- The environment is exquisite.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/18/2012The environment is exquisite. The introduction of a famed chef, who has restaurants in NY & Las Vegas, for example, detracts rather than adds to the experience. It's less unique when the same food, essentially, is available in our hometown. Prices were stratospheric and I felt like I was paying for a famous name, when what I wanted was a good meal in that very special setting.Special Features: